You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

Match day pricing....

Bar Carousel

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Most Pompey fans just switch off whenever talk of a new ground comes around again. This has been going on for nearly 50 years now starting with John Deacon back in the early 70s. Each new owner trots out their "vision" and each owner eventually disappears with the blueprints long since discarded.

On the plus side, every fan's personal match day experience hasn't had to change too much. Same journey to the ground, same pub etc. Seeing the way that many other fly-by-night owners just discard their club's ground and all the history and relocate to some desolate, edge of town location, I think we've actually been quite fortunate.
The irony is that we've had to spend so much over the past 5-6 years (and still £10m to go) just to keep FP operating at current capacity, we probably could have built a new stadium 30 years ago for the same outlay, and greatly improved facilities. If we had the owners then that we do now, i'm sure it would have happened.

Always been torn between a shiny new stadium or staying with tradition. Clearly a lot of fans in this thread would love to have stayed and not moved. I guess you don't appreciate what you've got until it's gone.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
The irony is that we've had to spend so much over the past 5-6 years (and still £10m to go) just to keep FP operating at current capacity, we probably could have built a new stadium 30 years ago for the same outlay, and greatly improved facilities. If we had the owners then that we do now, i'm sure it would have happened.

Always been torn between a shiny new stadium or staying with tradition. Clearly a lot of fans in this thread would love to have stayed and not moved. I guess you don't appreciate what you've got until it's gone.
You absolutely don’t appreciate what you’ve got until it’s been turned to rubble and then eventually housing. Somebody’s kitchen literally where you once stood on the terraces growing up and where you fell in love with the game at your local hometown club. Depressing just thinking about all these old school stadiums that won’t exist in another 10-20 years down the line.

We’ve 100% moved forwards on and off the pitch since moving, even Stevie Wonder can see that. However, for me personally, it’s not just about the football. It’s about the whole match day experience. We could have 2,500 fans on a Tuesday night against Macclesfield at Gay Meadow and it would be an incredible atmosphere to that of 8,000 fans against Ipswich on a Saturday 3pm.

If I could go back to Gay Meadow now, get the club rightfully back into the town centre, then I’d be all for it even if it did mean we’d be a mediocre League 2 team on the pitch. It was one of the best, if not the best, picturesque stadium in England. Right on the banks of the River Severn with leaves falling all over the pitch from the trees behind in the Autumn and from the main stand you could oversee the town centre and all that’s going on. Loved it.

Two of my favourite ever away days were Saltergate & Underhill. Both of those clubs (Chesterfield & Barnet) have gone backwards since moving and are now in shite stadiums. Bet the fans of those clubs wish they could go back aswell!!

Always be careful what you wish for, old school wins everyday in my book!

Last edited:

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Saturdays home game against Rotherham is a Family fun day fixture £10 across the board......Another great gesture by the Board
Should get a healthy away following at £10 a pop

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Saturdays home game against Rotherham is a Family fun day fixture £10 across the board......Another great gesture by the Board
Should get a healthy away following at £10 a pop

It is a great gesture and my two tickets were a fiver each.
I picked them up last Thursday and they had sold just over 500, which I thought was poor.
Last Saturday's terrible performance against an impressive Fleetwood side won't have helped shift many more.
We have to hope for a decent result at Lincoln tonight to help boost the numbers.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
It is a great gesture and my two tickets were a fiver each.
I picked them up last Thursday and they had sold just over 500, which I thought was poor.
Last Saturday's terrible performance against an impressive Fleetwood side won't have helped shift many more.
We have to hope for a decent result at Lincoln tonight to help boost the numbers.
The Rotherham public know a good deal when they see one......Expect a couple of thousand at least
As you say a fiver for pensioners and u23 almost giving them away

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
The Rotherham public know a good deal when they see one......Expect a couple of thousand at least
As you say a fiver for pensioners and u23 almost giving them away

Apparently we were allocated 1881 tickets and as of 3.30pm today had sold 1120, so we need a decent result tonight to stir up some additional interest.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Apparently we were allocated 1881 tickets and as of 3.30pm today had sold 1120, so we need a decent result tonight to stir up some additional interest.
Seems you have made it all ticket for your fans...15k plus tickets gone up to dinnertime today

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Seems you have made it all ticket for your fans...15k plus tickets gone up to dinnertime today

Good performance tonight but an even better one from Lincoln's keeper.
Still, it should encourage a few more to travel on Saturday.

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Good performance tonight but an even better one from Lincoln's keeper.
Still, it should encourage a few more to travel on Saturday.

Yep, hands down the much better side on the night, how we kept it at 1-1 even with Griffiths as MOM was a mystery. Will take a very undeserved draw though, even a point at SB against the Millers in the league is as rare as hens teeth.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United

Club tweeted 1355 sold as of 10am this morning. (Thursday)
1497 at 9am tickets go off sale at 4pm today. (Friday)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CasaBrisa