National league North 2021-22

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport
Kettering have pulled a sicky tomorrow, our match there has been cancelled due to COVID in their camp. Second time it's happened to us already this season after Chorley did the same to us. This season could descend into a farce if it carries on like this.

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham
Kettering have pulled a sicky tomorrow, our match there has been cancelled due to COVID in their camp. Second time it's happened to us already this season after Chorley did the same to us. This season could descend into a farce if it carries on like this.
Hmmm, I suspect there is quite often more than meets the eye in these COVID sickies

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Because I think they may be unsure if he is good enough.

still think Curzon hit a nice perfect storm this season with afew decent at this level players leaving Stockport the last 2 years and local players not drastically wanting to leave area during the covid crisis.

meant we have collected some talented players this season. Doesn’t mean I suddenly think he’s poor……..he still has to get the right balance of player, get best out of them and has also played a good entertaining football with it, but I don’t think he’s faced yet any of the challenges Flanagan had to each season.

It may work for him again it may fail miserably outside of Manchester.

Last edited:

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
It's a great pity but inevitable I guess. Always a risk if you dont have players/Manager or Coach on contracts. If it turns out to be true it's a shabby way to treat the club who gave him a chance at this level but undoubtably there will be 2 sides to the story.
Interesting to see how it plays out.
What is your opinion of your interim appointment?

I am unsure how Craig mahon will do, a lot of lower league experience that is vital here for contacts but he’d need some good local support to scour that Manchester non league scene.

he’s starting with the run of death though, in next few games we play spennymoor, Gateshead, York, Fylde, Brackley, Kidderminster and Alfreton all up in top half really or with strong squads.

only game as such easy on paper is Telford who may yet have our former manager in!

this was always our make or break moment after the start we can show here we will be a play off challenger or we will slump.

mahon keeps us up in the top 5 after that run of games he has job regardless of who applies.

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
I am unsure how Craig mahon will do, a lot of lower league experience that is vital here for contacts but he’d need some good local support to scour that Manchester non league scene.

he’s starting with the run of death though, in next few games we play spennymoor, Gateshead, York, Fylde, Brackley, Kidderminster and Alfreton all up in top half really or with strong squads.

only game as such easy on paper is Telford who may yet have our former manager in!

this was always our make or break moment after the start we can show here we will be a play off challenger or we will slump.

mahon keeps us up in the top 5 after that run of games he has job regardless of who applies.
Wow, that's a hell of a run of games, I reckon you will do well to get more than 7 points from that sequence. It will show where you are at.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Cracking away point at speny.

wish they would not start with Craig Hobson up front. I do t mind him he was great at stalybridge when I watched them but this Curzon team doesn’t suit a big hold up guy approach.

they change it at 2 down and seemed like we could have had 4-5 goals in the last 15 minites.

he’s better as the alternative option.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
What a win.

The first half was one of the dullest halves I've seen. Somehow was 2-1 but that all came from 3 attacks. Saltmer spilled Sterling-James' shot and allowed Freemantle to tap home then Hemmings volleyed home a clearance and Bradford scored from a corner that we failed to clear.

But the second half we came out as a different team. Also Sterling-James take a bow. Our 4th goal was a knuckleball free kick from 30 yards. 5-1 and put to bed our poor league form.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
We couldn't score in a brothel.

York gave their keeper man of the match, which tells you how the game went. Should have been a straightforward win but no. Desperately need to sign a striker.

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Must admit Chester for 30 mins in first half was best team seen in this league for years,but don’t have any strikers.
Thought we should of offered Redshaw another contract but Watson said he would not score enough goals,maybe I was wrong.
Not seen us go long ball before but Chester pressed us very well.
Very good game today to watch just can’t believe that team got hammered by Marske.
Think we are cursed this season,had Newton left back on bench today for first in 8 weeks and right back pulls hamstring,looks like we will play permanently with 2 defenders on pitch.

Last edited:

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Saturday 23 October 2021 National League North results

Att. 668 - Alfreton Town 3 Hereford 3
Att. 772 - Blyth Spartans 0 Boston United 1
Att. 1,404 - Darlington 1 Leamington 1
Att. 353 - Farsley Celtic 1 AFC Fylde 0
Att. n/a - Gateshead P-P Brackley Town
Att. 952 - Gloucester City 2 AFC Telford United 2
Att. 715 - Guiseley 0 Chorley 0
Att. n/a - Kettering Town P-P Southport
Att. 1,515 - Kidderminster Harriers 5 Bradford (Park Avenue) 1
Att. 1,391 - Spennymoor Town 2 Curzon Ashton 2
Att. 3,154 - York City 1 Chester 0

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Must admit Chester for 30 mins in first half was best team seen in this league for years,but don’t have any strikers.
Thought we should of offered Redshaw another contract but Watson said he would not score enough goals,maybe I was wrong.
Not seen us go long ball before but Chester pressed us very well.
Very good game today to watch just can’t believe that team got hammered by Marske.
Think we are cursed this season,had Newton left back on bench today for first in 8 weeks and right back pulls hamstring,looks like we will play permanently with 2 defenders on pitch.
How do you feel about the ground pal?

I got to the bus stop at the Rail Station at 1.50pm and the every 10 minute bus didn't turn up until 2.30pm, York fans with me on it were furious. Missed kick off and then there were scrums to get seats because it was so cramped.

Couldn't be arsed with the bus back it was that bad so decided to walk the three miles back instead. Couldn't believe how bad it was.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
How do you feel about the ground pal?

I got to the bus stop at the Rail Station at 1.50pm and the every 10 minute bus didn't turn up until 2.30pm, York fans with me on it were furious. Missed kick off and then there were scrums to get seats because it was so cramped.

Couldn't be arsed with the bus back it was that bad so decided to walk the three miles back instead. Couldn't believe how bad it was.

That's pretty bad that like, you'd have thought they would have been plenty of buses travelling to the ground on match days..

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
That's pretty bad that like, you'd have thought they would have been plenty of buses travelling to the ground on match days..
It's a park and ride that's supposed to be every 10 minutes. The York fans I was chatting to in the queue said it was the final straw and they're not bothering again.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
I expected us to bounce back today against Leamington but that was never gonna happen. It was pretty dire especially the second half. I couldn't understand the logic in taking off KDS when for me he was playing quite well. He looked sick as fuck when he walked past us. Oh well back to the drawing board for the Southport match another game we need to pick up vital points..

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
It's a park and ride that's supposed to be every 10 minutes. The York fans I was chatting to in the queue said it was the final straw and they're not bothering again.

I don't blame them you need transport to get back and forth to a ground from what I've heard is a place that is remote.

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City
I like the ground excellent view from east stand but I only live a mile from ground so don’t use the bus service.
Did see a lot moaning on Twitter about service today,not been that bad before.
Also first time seen a bus outside away end for shuttle into town but then again away support before you has been a man and his dog.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
I like the ground excellent view from east stand but I only live a mile from ground so don’t use the bus service.
Did see a lot moaning on Twitter about service today,not been that bad before.
Also first time seen a bus outside away end for shuttle into town but then again away support before you has been a man and his dog.

I would imagine we'll be running our own coaches to the town centre area and then getting picked up after a few drinks in York. It was much easier going by train but I think that might be out the window now..

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
Absolute mental game, Telford deservedly 1 up at the break. They had a man sent off and City scored late on to get 3 needed points only for a wonder strike in the last few seconds of injury time to make it 2-2. Should have seen that out for a win all day long, naivety again.

Off the pitch though what should have been a great homecoming this season has been overshadowed by the "club's" constant interfering and need for total control. Results have been pretty rubbish, but we haven't lost 1500 fans in a few weeks just cause of that. Apologies in advance for a bit of a rant but I need to explain what is happening here.

To put into context, against Kettering there was over 2,000 there (we had 2,000+ crowds 3 games in a row). We were crap and deserved to lose. Rather than have a dignified silence and taking stock that the manager at the time was clueless and some players really weren't trying - the club decided to broadcast across it's social media that Gloucester fans were abusing individual players, songs being sung were vulgar/contained too many swear words etc. The abuse of players turned out to be total bollocks but rather than apologise or explain the situation - they deleted the posts.

Folkestone Away in the FA Cup, another defeat. The club again decided to dig out its own fans - this time stating there was homophobic and racist chants and that a section of fans are being banned immediately. (Off the back of 1 anonymous tweet from a supposed Folkestone fan). Rather than keeping it in house, investigating properly and then taking appropriate response if true - they put it all over Twitter and Facebook. Turns out - it's rubbish again. The posts again got deleted. One fan was banned however - "for constant toxic negativity". I.E - stating (correctly) that a lot of these players are overpaid and going through the motions.

Last few games there's been about 800 home fans. There's no atmosphere at all because the club has killed it. I've been to a few games v Telford in the past (when in exile at Cheltenham and up there) and there's been clashes between fans, one of which was pretty bad up in Telford. Apparently the club was told there was an entire coach of lads coming down. Of course, segregating the game means extra costs - so naturally the game wasn't segregated. It kicked off repeatedly, with the only saving grace (from the clubs perspective) that a lot of the groups that came out for the York and Kettering game weren't there, or it would have been much worse. Apparently one of our fans made a daft comment about one of their murdered fans (after they continually sang about Fred and Rose West, who murdered multiple women - but anyway guess that doesn't count). He's been banned, as has someone else for fighting (potentially a third for that but not sure). Probably all could have been avoided if the club bothered to take appropriate measures before the game.

The Telford group (50 or so) came into the home end, some armed with pints and smoke bombs/flares which were constantly thrown at home fans. This was happening before "that" comment was made. Rather than admit their failings and acknowledge it should have been segregated, better policed and stewarded, the club instead blamed the trouble on that 1 comment stating that there were no issues before that - a total lie. They seem to have visions of some American like sports event where chants are sanitised and everyone is positive no matter what, anyone dare speak out of place your out.

The colours have changed, the badge has changed, the traditional home end has changed, the supporters trust got dissolved. There's a lot more I could say but meh. Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Absolute mental game, Telford deservedly 1 up at the break. They had a man sent off and City scored late on to get 3 needed points only for a wonder strike in the last few seconds of injury time to make it 2-2. Should have seen that out for a win all day long, naivety again.

Off the pitch though what should have been a great homecoming this season has been overshadowed by the "club's" constant interfering and need for total control. Results have been pretty rubbish, but we haven't lost 1500 fans in a few weeks just cause of that. Apologies in advance for a bit of a rant but I need to explain what is happening here.

To put into context, against Kettering there was over 2,000 there (we had 2,000+ crowds 3 games in a row). We were crap and deserved to lose. Rather than have a dignified silence and taking stock that the manager at the time was clueless and some players really weren't trying - the club decided to broadcast across it's social media that Gloucester fans were abusing individual players, songs being sung were vulgar/contained too many swear words etc. The abuse of players turned out to be total bollocks but rather than apologise or explain the situation - they deleted the posts.

Folkestone Away in the FA Cup, another defeat. The club again decided to dig out its own fans - this time stating there was homophobic and racist chants and that a section of fans are being banned immediately. (Off the back of 1 anonymous tweet from a supposed Folkestone fan). Rather than keeping it in house, investigating properly and then taking appropriate response if true - they put it all over Twitter and Facebook. Turns out - it's rubbish again. The posts again got deleted. One fan was banned however - "for constant toxic negativity". I.E - stating (correctly) that a lot of these players are overpaid and going through the motions.

Last few games there's been about 800 home fans. There's no atmosphere at all because the club has killed it. I've been to a few games v Telford in the past (when in exile at Cheltenham and up there) and there's been clashes between fans, one of which was pretty bad up in Telford. Apparently the club was told there was an entire coach of lads coming down. Of course, segregating the game means extra costs - so naturally the game wasn't segregated. It kicked off repeatedly, with the only saving grace (from the clubs perspective) that a lot of the groups that came out for the York and Kettering game weren't there, or it would have been much worse. Apparently one of our fans made a daft comment about one of their murdered fans (after they continually sang about Fred and Rose West, who murdered multiple women - but anyway guess that doesn't count). He's been banned, as has someone else for fighting (potentially a third for that but not sure). Probably all could have been avoided if the club bothered to take appropriate measures before the game.

The Telford group (50 or so) came into the home end, some armed with pints and smoke bombs/flares which were constantly thrown at home fans. This was happening before "that" comment was made. Rather than admit their failings and acknowledge it should have been segregated, better policed and stewarded, the club instead blamed the trouble on that 1 comment stating that there were no issues before that - a total lie. They seem to have visions of some American like sports event where chants are sanitised and everyone is positive no matter what, anyone dare speak out of place your out.

The colours have changed, the badge has changed, the traditional home end has changed, the supporters trust got dissolved. There's a lot more I could say but meh. Be careful what you wish for.

I'd seen it had been a bad season for you guys but hadn't realised how bad. Any word on your next manager yet or not? You sticking with Mansell? It's been a while since Groves was sacked hasn't it?

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
We've signed Nick Clayton-Phillips from Alvechurch, needed cover for our attacking midfield 3 as our run of 3 losses came from Sterling-James getting injured and not having a replacement there.

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
I'd seen it had been a bad season for you guys but hadn't realised how bad. Any word on your next manager yet or not? You sticking with Mansell? It's been a while since Groves was sacked hasn't it?
Performances have improved under Mansell no doubt about it but we should have 6 points rather than 2. Surprised we even appointed a manager tbh, the "club" seems to do everything else. I'm pretty confident Mansell did not sign Noel-Williams

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Performances have improved under Mansell no doubt about it but we should have 6 points rather than 2. Surprised we even appointed a manager tbh, the "club" seems to do everything else. I'm pretty confident Mansell did not sign Noel-Williams
Got to say I think everyone was surprised to see you guys down at the bottom of the league. Admittedly the way Rowe got Chesterfield playing in the back end of last season showed it was no fluke he had you doing well in the league clearly a good manager so was it just a case of a bad replacement?

Have you guys changed your training levels since you returned to Gloucester and have the 3G pitch to use? Saw you were advertising for chef / food and bev person over summer to feed players in the morning which normally means at least a hybrid model. Struggling so badly when you have extra training time compared to the traditional 2 nights a week part timers is never a good reflection on a managers ability.

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
Rowe was awful when he first came in, we went 12 games or so with 1 win using a team that was comfortably mid-table before that point. To be honest covid probably saved his job, but over that break he was backed financially and he created a top class first 11 for this league (the sub bench was pretty thin, but we didn't have many injuries or suspensions) and our high pressing, quick game was too much for a lot of teams. He was always going to go regardless because of clashes with our "club"/co-owner (this is a thing that has been replicated over and over, massive turn over of staff...).

Groves came in, but if you ask me he was picked because of his status. Champs League manager, big name. He knew very little of this league. Unlike Rowe, with the extra time afforded due to covid he dithered about with signings and we went into the league with just 2 central defenders and 1 forward and failed to replace any of the players that we had previously that has left. We hammered York but thats been about it, it was clear all through pre season that we weren't strong enough, that the team was too young and inexperienced.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Rowe was awful when he first came in, we went 12 games or so with 1 win using a team that was comfortably mid-table before that point. To be honest covid probably saved his job, but over that break he was backed financially and he created a top class first 11 for this league (the sub bench was pretty thin, but we didn't have many injuries or suspensions) and our high pressing, quick game was too much for a lot of teams. He was always going to go regardless because of clashes with our "club"/co-owner (this is a thing that has been replicated over and over, massive turn over of staff...).

Groves came in, but if you ask me he was picked because of his status. Champs League manager, big name. He knew very little of this league. Unlike Rowe, with the extra time afforded due to covid he dithered about with signings and we went into the league with just 2 central defenders and 1 forward and failed to replace any of the players that we had previously that has left. We hammered York but thats been about it, it was clear all through pre season that we weren't strong enough, that the team was too young and inexperienced.
You mean Championship, right? Groves is an absolute Grimsby legend, one of my favourite players of all time. However, aside from saving us from relegation in his very stint as a manager, I don't think he's ever really displayed any qualities that you'd want in charge of your team. As much as I love him, he's quite wooden. He's obviously a very good coach/assistant as he's done that at the top level domestically, but you'd have thought if he was cut out for management his chance would have come earlier.

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
Sorry to clarify he came from managing (assistant) at an Israeli club, he joined us a few weeks after they had played Spurs in the champions league (Maccabi Haifa)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!