Opening Day fixtures

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Carlisle must be wetting their pants....

....oh sorry...at the thought of Crawley on the opening day.

We have some decent home games early on. Orient, Wimbledon and Northampton and the gas in the league Cup all in August. All could bring big(ish) crowds.

Away at Harrogate and Rochdale which means three big trips done early.

Casey

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Do you go watch England a fair bit, out of interest? I might have to bend your ear on this. :lol: Hoping to get to Germany for the Euros with a few mates but not really clued up on the process of getting tickets.

I've been watching England home and away for 14 years now. Don't do every away game, but have attended enough games down the years to get enough points to be able to get myself a ticket for the high profile away games and the away games with low allocations.

I've attended 4 major tournaments, but swerved Russia and Qatar as I simply could not be bothered with the hassle/stress of trying to plan on getting to games whilst navigating the countries public transport systems whilst/and/or paying stupidly inflated prices in hotels and travel costs which comes with it. Going to Brazil in 2014 cost me around £3k for just the 3 group games - which is alot of money and alot of stress I found - 1 booking mistake and your fucked. On the other hand Germany will be great, like France 2016 was because they have very good train systems which makes things alot easier to plan.

When it comes to buying tickets for major tournaments there are a few ticket sale stages:

Buying before the draw is even made and accepting that if you get Slovenia v Albania for example in Group A in Hamburg, thats what you get. Having said that usually you need to apply in a ballot before hand.

Buying once the full draw is confirmed. But once again, usually a you will need to apply first and go through a ballot process.

Buying during your respective football associations designated sales time - But this is strictly for people like me who are members of their respective associations fan club who have followed the team home and away via the proper channels. Basically first of all you would have to apply to go to the games (including all the knockout stages and finals) first during one window, the FA will then go through all the applications to see if demand meets the ticket allocation they get and if a game is over suscribed then who gets the tickets is done on how many points you've accumulated over the last few years by going to games home and away and following - only have a few points? Tough, you miss out. Then there is a final window to pay for all the games you want to go to, if your nation doesn't make say the final and you apply to go to it, they will refund your money at the end of the tournament - but you must pay for it up front at the start.

Fifa/UEFA are sneaky and have several ticket windows in the years, months, weeks leading up and during the tournaments and release ticket numbers at different times too. So say Slovenia v Albania in Hamburg becomes a dead rubber in a group game, they will release tickets at a discounted price once they know that. They honestly don't give a shit about fans.

Think that covers most of it. Give me Grimsby away on a Tuesday night over most of this tbh!

Last edited:

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Chief Rocka if you're coming dressed as me pal, I'm flattered, that's your call but it won't catch on
Let's ensure the tinpottery is kept to a minimum, still got visions of our Twitter page posting cringy shit about 6 months before you lot turned up at ours dressed as Knights and whatever the female equivalent is.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Let's ensure the tinpottery is kept to a minimum, still got visions of our Twitter page posting cringy shit about 6 months before you lot turned up at ours dressed as Knights and whatever the female equivalent is.

southerners.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I've been watching England home and away for 14 years now. Don't do every away game, but have attended enough games down the years to get enough points to be able to get myself a ticket for the high profile away games and the away games with low allocations.

I've attended 4 major tournaments, but swerved Russia and Qatar as I simply could not be bothered with the hassle/stress of trying to plan on getting to games whilst navigating the countries public transport systems whilst/and/or paying stupidly inflated prices in hotels and travel costs which comes with it. Going to Brazil in 2014 cost me around £3k for just the 3 group games - which is alot of money and alot of stress I found - 1 booking mistake and your fucked. On the other hand Germany will be great, like France 2016 was because they have very good train systems which makes things alot easier to plan.

When it comes to buying tickets for major tournaments there are a few ticket sale stages:

Buying before the draw is even made and accepting that if you get Slovenia v Albania for example in Group A in Hamburg, thats what you get. Having said that usually you need to apply in a ballot before hand.

Buying once the full draw is confirmed. But once again, usually a you will need to apply first and go through a ballot process.

Buying during your respective football associations designated sales time - But this is strictly for people like me who are members of their respective associations fan club who have followed the team home and away via the proper channels. Basically first of all you would have to apply to go to the games (including all the knockout stages and finals) first during one window, the FA will then go through all the applications to see if demand meets the ticket allocation they get and if a game is over suscribed then who gets the tickets is done on how many points you've accumulated over the last few years by going to games home and away and following - only have a few points? Tough, you miss out. Then there is a final window to pay for all the games you want to go to, if your nation doesn't make say the final and you apply to go to it, they will refund your money at the end of the tournament - but you must pay for it up front at the start.

Fifa/UEFA are sneaky and have several ticket windows in the years, months, weeks leading up and during the tournaments and release ticket numbers at different times too. So say Slovenia v Albania in Hamburg becomes a dead rubber in a group game, they will release tickets at a discounted price once they know that. They honestly don't give a shit about fans.

Think that covers most of it. Give me Grimsby away on a Tuesday night over most of this tbh!
I live in Saudi and ticket priority was given to GCC residents (that's their Tinpot equivalent of the EU). I live only 3 hours drive from Doha. Brilliant I thought, I can drive to the World Cup, how class would that be? I entered two ballots, selected a shit ton of random games,most of my mates did as well. Guess how many tickets I got? Fucking none and my mates got about 10 each. Never been to a World Cup but will go along for the sesh (yes you really can have one there) and stay in a friend's house for free. Might pick up a black market ticket but they'll be tight on that.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

Wow that's very helpful, thank you for that - very much appreciated. I did have a look on the FA website but your summary is actually more use. We were thinking of applying for tickets before the draw is made, going through the ballot. It seemed like any matches you attend from now until Qatar though, don't count towards anything in terms of getting ballot points for Germany tickets - do you know if that's correct? It seemed to suggest the current window for points was just for Qatar and then after the WC, they'll announce a new window for the Euros. Ideally we want to get to some England matches to start building our points and I've personally always wanted to go to the San Siro so that match in September would be perfect if it accumulated points towards Germany ballot points. Or is getting a ticket for that not even possible for someone who is essentially an England newbie?

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I live in Saudi and ticket priority was given to GCC residents (that's their Tinpot equivalent of the EU). I live only 3 hours drive from Doha. Brilliant I thought, I can drive to the World Cup, how class would that be? I entered two ballots, selected a shit ton of random games,most of my mates did as well. Guess how many tickets I got? Fucking none and my mates got about 10 each. Never been to a World Cup but will go along for the sesh (yes you really can have one there) and stay in a friend's house for free. Might pick up a black market ticket but they'll be tight on that.
Is there no way of getting them from the UK.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I think through the FIFA ballot was the only way? Might be wrong mind.
Don,t know if youve heard, our game v Hibs on wednesday is being streamed live
on thier utube channel.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Fifa will release more in due course - they usually always do, but it can involve alot of patience.

Sadly unless you're a member of a respective qualfied countries FAs or some smug bit shot who gets sponsors freebies - Getting tickets for these things as a neutral is a pain in the arse and tbh, it puts me off going to them.

Players and staff from the qualified teams also get a load of freebies too, I met the sister of one of the Australia players on my flight home back from Brazil in 2014 - players name was Josh (I think) Holland he played for Austria Vienna at the time. She said he'd got a tone of tickets and just dished them out to whoever wanted to go to Australias games, she literally had no idea about football though and just went along for a holiday with her husband - she didn't actually say this, but when they had no idea who Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka were you could sense this was the case. Makes you think the ticket could've gone to someone who actually took a genuine interest.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Wow that's very helpful, thank you for that - very much appreciated. I did have a look on the FA website but your summary is actually more use. We were thinking of applying for tickets before the draw is made, going through the ballot. It seemed like any matches you attend from now until Qatar though, don't count towards anything in terms of getting ballot points for Germany tickets - do you know if that's correct? It seemed to suggest the current window for points was just for Qatar and then after the WC, they'll announce a new window for the Euros. Ideally we want to get to some England matches to start building our points and I've personally always wanted to go to the San Siro so that match in September would be perfect if it accumulated points towards Germany ballot points. Or is getting a ticket for that not even possible for someone who is essentially an England newbie?

They will count towards points towards Germany (should we get there, as its based on the last 4 years and 2 campaigns worth of games), but this campaign only has 2 games left which is Italy away and Germany at home. As a new member you will have a very small chance of getting a ticket for the game in Milan as alot of people will want to go (7k I believe applied for Germany in June) and the away allocation will only be around 3,400 which is the San Siros away section capacity, you will end up in a ballot with alot of others and its just literally down to luck. All home games you will always get a ticket though - but you MUST actually go to the game for the points to register or have someone scan your ticket and go instead of you. Bit shit because if something happens and you can't go you lose the points and don't get a refund but thats the way the FA run it.

You'd also have to pay the £75 joining up fee now for those 2 games and £75 AGAIN in January when the registration for the 2024 Euro Campaign opens, so you have to decide if its worth it or not. Having said that, in the past anyone who renews their membership and was a member form the current campaign usually got bonus points for renewing as a thank you - not sure if they still do this but its worth considering.

My tip would be to go to ALL the home games and try and apply for as many aways as possible, it will take a few years to build up enough points to know that you're guarenteed a ticket for most (If not all the away games due to the demand there usually is). So if that means going to say Armenia or Georgia away which will have alot less demand, you will have to be prepared to do it - Games like that aren't so bad though as majority of the morons won't go because they're quite far and not as glamourous.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Salford away and a generally tough start on paper, might have to go in the home end again. The new ticketing system will get a good test at least.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Salford away and a generally tough start on paper, might have to go in the home end again. The new ticketing system will get a good test at least.

Can you get away tickets on it?

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I presume you will be able too!

that’ll be interesting.

For salford the clear assumption would be it would be for STHs only (3,100 so far fighting over 1,400 or so) how would they know who could buy them or not?

Is the system able to determine fans who do and don’t have them? it’s good but i can’t see it being that good.

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
that’ll be interesting.

For salford the clear assumption would be it would be for STHs only (3,100 so far fighting over 1,400 or so) how would they know who could buy them or not?

Is the system able to determine fans who do and don’t have them? it’s good but i can’t see it being that good.
What about season ticket holders who are not smart phone savvy?

I normally visit ticket office with four season tickets for mine and three mates to buy away tickets. Does this mean my mate who is not smart phone savvy will not be able to get a Salford ticket, or do you think I could still buy four tickets on line in one transaction so we could still sit together.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I imagine you've got the same online portal as ours which means you can link season tickets and one person can buy them in a group. Ring the ticket office though and they'll help you out surely.

Lancs@(Bantam)

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
A young lad I work with has ridiculous amounts of spare cash, mid twenties on a good wage, living with his parents paying nothing...You know the type..Anyhow he's just bought tickets for semi final and final for combined price £4k...How the fk can that be right???....

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
They will count towards points towards Germany (should we get there, as its based on the last 4 years and 2 campaigns worth of games), but this campaign only has 2 games left which is Italy away and Germany at home. As a new member you will have a very small chance of getting a ticket for the game in Milan as alot of people will want to go (7k I believe applied for Germany in June) and the away allocation will only be around 3,400 which is the San Siros away section capacity, you will end up in a ballot with alot of others and its just literally down to luck. All home games you will always get a ticket though - but you MUST actually go to the game for the points to register or have someone scan your ticket and go instead of you. Bit shit because if something happens and you can't go you lose the points and don't get a refund but thats the way the FA run it.

You'd also have to pay the £75 joining up fee now for those 2 games and £75 AGAIN in January when the registration for the 2024 Euro Campaign opens, so you have to decide if its worth it or not. Having said that, in the past anyone who renews their membership and was a member form the current campaign usually got bonus points for renewing as a thank you - not sure if they still do this but its worth considering.

My tip would be to go to ALL the home games and try and apply for as many aways as possible, it will take a few years to build up enough points to know that you're guarenteed a ticket for most (If not all the away games due to the demand there usually is). So if that means going to say Armenia or Georgia away which will have alot less demand, you will have to be prepared to do it - Games like that aren't so bad though as majority of the morons won't go because they're quite far and not as glamourous.
Great thanks again, this is all really useful information cheers mate. I think what we're gonna have to do is probably just accept that won't get England tickets but if we do somehow then it'll be a nice bonus. Those Armenia/Georgia style away days do sound class to me to be fair though so maybe I'll just try and get to those when I can. And yeah I had been planning on just spending the £75 registration fee after the WC but that was because I hadn't realised that points could be getting accumulated now so I'll have a think on that too.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Great thanks again, this is all really useful information cheers mate. I think what we're gonna have to do is probably just accept that won't get England tickets but if we do somehow then it'll be a nice bonus. Those Armenia/Georgia style away days do sound class to me to be fair though so maybe I'll just try and get to those when I can. And yeah I had been planning on just spending the £75 registration fee after the WC but that was because I hadn't realised that points could be getting accumulated now so I'll have a think on that too.

Good lad is our Termy. Just so you know, you’re now duty-bound to lose at ours on opening day to make up for his generosity.

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
I was a little excited when they got promoted because I thought it'd be nice to have another Yorkshire club in the mix, but not anymore. Would love to see them go back to where they rightfully belong: National League North.
More like Yorkshire County league!

Reactions: Cas

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I was a little excited when they got promoted because I thought it'd be nice to have another Yorkshire club in the mix, but not anymore. Would love to see them go back to where they rightfully belong: National League North.

I find them a bizarre club to say the least.

They’ve not embraced the football league at all and they scream tinpot.

Reactions: Cas

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
My shift has worked out so I’ve got the first 4 Saturdays of the season off so I was looking at Rochdale away on the 13th August with their nice massive away end and thinking that’ll be a cracking away day to take my lad to.

Then I remembered that I’m taking the missus to see Kevin Bridges in Hull some time in August so I just double checked the date.

13th August.

Bollocks.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
first 3 saturday home games
tranmere
stockport
bradford

Interesting start, and some decent crowds.

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
My shift has worked out so I’ve got the first 4 Saturdays of the season off so I was looking at Rochdale away on the 13th August with their nice massive away end and thinking that’ll be a cracking away day to take my lad to.

Then I remembered that I’m taking the missus to see Kevin Bridges in Hull some time in August so I just double checked the date.

13th August.

Bollocks.
At least Kevin Bridges* won't beat you 4-1 or get called off at HT due to torrential rain..

(* Had to google who he is. Not a former Carlisle midfielder, which was my original thought.)

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
At least Kevin Bridges* won't beat you 4-1 or get called off at HT due to torrential rain..

(* Had to google who he is. Not a former Carlisle midfielder, which was my original thought.)
You had never heard of Kevin Bridges?

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
First away day is Grimsby which isn’t fantastic but it seems my usual math going group are organising a bus.

Where is best to drink Mariners? Last time I went we ruined your day (2006)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!