Players - ins & outs

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Looking ahead to next season then, which players are out of contract? Which players would you like to see offered a new contract and which players will you throw in the bin? Any contracted players you would like to see leave? Any current loanees you wouldn’t mind returning next season?

Starting with those out of contract:

Richard O’Donnell:
Large wages by all accounts. Relatively decent shot-stopper, but doesn’t command his area. Liability - goodbye.

Paudie O'Connor:
The only player I’m unsure on. Would like to see him play alongside a decent CB. He’s partnered some right shite during his time here. Rumours suggest Sheff Wed are interested. Probably keep if we can.

Callum Cooke:
Doesn’t score enough but does chip in with the odd assist. 111 app - 6 goals - 16 assists. I’m sure we can do better. Get rid.

Matty Foulds:
City through and through. Okay getting forward but that’s about it. Get rid.

Charles Vernam:
Up there with the best wingers in the league, for me. Keep.

Gareth Evans:
Done well since Hughes came in, but he’s getting on a bit now. National League is about his level. Get rid.

Elliott Watt:
A very capable, young CM. Put him alongside an equally very good CM, and watch him flourish. Must keep.

Lee Angol:
Such a shame his legs are made out of paper mache. He’s a very talented player. If we can negotiate a deal on low wages I’d say keep him. If he’s demanding the earth on a plate, get rid.

Theo Robinson:
In the bin.

Levi Sutton:
Very popular figure around these parts, but he doesn’t quite cut it for me. Get rid.

Luke Hendrie:
He’s done well since he returned to the club in January. Is he good enough to be challenging for promotion, I’m not sure. Second choice - maybe. I think he’ll leave.

Caolan Lavery:
A player I have watched from afar when he’s been at numerous other clubs. He hasn’t been given much of an opportunity under Adams or Hughes - which tells you all you need to know. Get rid.

Loans:-

Alex Bass, Tom Elliot, Nathan Delfouneso, Matty Daly, Dion Pereira and Jamie Walker return to their parent clubs. Pereira and Walker are the standout loanees from that list and I would love to see them back at Valley Parade next season.

Contracted Players:

RB: Oscar Threlkeld (bin)
LB: Liam Ridehalgh
CB: Fiacre Kelleher (useless)
CB: Reece Staunton
CB: Finn Counsin-Dawson

MF: Yann Songo’o
MF: Alex Gilliead
MF: Abo Eisa
MF: Kian Scales

ST: Andy Cook

Massive rebuilding job for Hughes. Thankfully, a lot of the deadwood from seasons gone by are out of contract - some of which on big money. Owner, CEO and Hughes all suggest that we’re having a go next season. This years playing budget of £2.7m will be increased. Over 3,000 season tickets already sold after 1 week on-sale. A few decent signings and I think we’ll shift over 15k.

Over to yous …

Last edited:

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Looking ahead to next season then, which players are out of contract? Which players would you like to see offered a new contract and which players will you throw in the bin? Any contracted players you would like to see leave? Any current loanees you wouldn’t mind returning next season?

Starting with those out of contract:

Richard O’Donnell:
Large wages by all accounts. Relatively decent shot-stopper, but doesn’t command his area. Liability - goodbye.

Paudie O'Connor:
The only player I’m unsure on. Would like to see him play alongside a decent CB. He’s partnered some right shite during his time here. Rumours suggest Sheff Wed are interested. Probably keep if we can.

Callum Cooke:
Doesn’t score enough but does chip in with the odd assist. 111 app - 6 goals - 16 assists. I’m sure we can do better. Get rid.

Matty Foulds:
City through and through. Okay getting forward but that’s about it. Get rid.

Charles Vernam:
Up there with the best wingers in the league, for me. Keep.

Gareth Evans:
Done well since Hughes came in, but he’s getting on a bit now. National League is about his level. Get rid.

Elliott Watt:
A very capable, young CM. Put him alongside an equally very good CM, and watch him flourish. Must keep.

Lee Angol:
Such a shame his legs are made out of paper mache. He’s a very talented player. If we can negotiate a deal on low wages I’d say keep him. If he’s demanding the earth on a plate, get rid.

Theo Robinson:
In the bin.

Levi Sutton:
Very popular figure around these parts, but he doesn’t quite cut it for me. Get rid.

Luke Hendrie:
He’s done well since he returned to the club in January. Is he good enough to be challenging for promotion, I’m not sure. Second choice - maybe. I think he’ll leave.

Caolan Lavery:
A player I have watched from afar when he’s been at numerous other clubs. He hasn’t been given much of an opportunity under Adams or Hughes - which tells you all you need to know. Get rid.

Loans:-

Alex Bass, Tom Elliot, Nathan Delfouneso, Matty Daly, Dion Pereira and Jamie Walker return to their parent clubs. Pereira and Walker are the standout loanees from that list and I would love to see them back at Valley Parade next season.

Contracted Players:

RB: Oscar Threlkeld (bin)
LB: Liam Ridehalgh
CB: Fiacre Kelleher (useless)
CB: Reece Staunton
CB: Finn Counsin-Dawson

MF: Yann Songo’o
MF: Alex Gilliead
MF: Abo Eisa
MF: Kian Scales

ST: Andy Cook

Massive rebuilding job for Hughes. Thankfully, a lot of the deadwood from seasons gone by are out of contract - some of which on big money. Owner, CEO and Hughes all suggest that we’re having a go next season. This years playing budget of £2.7m will be increased. Over 2,500 season tickets already sold. A few decent signings and I think we’ll shift over 15k.

Over to yous …
Paudie is one I'd keep for sure, as you say he's had to do the job of two players since he signed 3 years ago and has still been a 7/10 most weeks.

I'm torn on Cooke because he's a player who I really like but he just doesn't contribute enough in terms of goals/assists albeit the forward lines he's been supplying over the last two years are the worst in living memory.

Hendrie can stay but only as a squad player if we can shift that donkey Threlkeld.

Rest is spot on.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
These are the players I'm certain have contracts for next season.

Contracted players

Jamie Sterry RB
Neill Byrne CB (Almost certain he got two years)
Nicky Featherstone CM
Tom Crawford CM
Omar Bogle ST
Marcus Carver ST

Some speculation on who has what at Pools, so the following are all assumed out of contract at the end of the season.

Goalkeepers

Ben Killip - Good shot stopper, petrified of crosses, stays glued to his line, we need better, I'd release him.
Patrick Boyes - Young kid and looks like a young kid, release.

Defenders

David Ferguson - Very good attacking left back, more than likely going to leave, keep
Gary Liddle - Veteran CB, had some good spells this season but he's too old to keep on as a player, would keep him on as a coach, otherwise release
Timi Odusina - Turned his season around and has been a revelation, probably head back down South, keep
Reagan Ogle - Understudy to Jamie Sterry, has looked fine in spells, keep

Midfielders

Mark Shelton - Been less consistent in this league, I don't think Lee likes him, I'd keep
Luke Molyneux - Our biggest attacking threat, supposedly off to Blackpool, keep
Martin Smith - Waste of space, release

Forwards

Joe Grey - Up and coming young talent, needs beefing up a bit, keep
Jordan Cook - Injury prone player currently injured, release
Olufela Olomola - Been unlucky for me, never had a solid run in the team but still, release

Loanees

Nicholas Bilokapic, Jake Hull, Isaac Fletcher, Joe White, wouldn't engage with any of them for next season.

Brynn Morris the other loanee has a 2 year deal with us lined up after his loan is up, looked very good at times but seemingly injured every other week.

Last edited:

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
It’s a bit difficult for a couple of reasons. Firstly don’t know what league we will be playing in which might influence one or two and secondly the club has developed a policy of not saying how long a players contract lasts until (think it’s a DC thing he has done in the past). Of the players I know that are out of contract:-

Aiden Stone (GK) - I would keep him but there are parts of his game he needs to improve to make it long term.

James Gibbons (WB) - If we can keep him I’d do whatever it takes to tie him down. Will be interest from other clubs so be more likely if we are L1 otherwise he may go elsewhere.

Nathan Smith (RCB) - If we are a L1 club I would think of letting him go. In that position he is simply not good enough with the ball to play there as good a defender as he is.

David Worrall (RWB) - I think there needs to be a conversation on him. He is in his 30s now and there has been a noticeable decline. Whether that’s an injury he’s been carrying or something more long term will need to be looked at carefully.

Mal Benning (LWB) - I think he may move on

Dave Amoo (ST) - Release him, served us well but he’s lost a step and no more than an impact sub nowadays.

Jamie Proctor (ST) - Be as big a priority to nail down as Gibbo.

Of the loanees I would definitely look to bring back Lewis Cass. He needs to iron out his defending but with the ball he makes our system work out of the RCB position. I’d be looking at Edmondson also to bring back, there looks to be something to really work with there.

The other loanees Cooper, Holy and Harratt I would look at other options than them.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Firstly we've got a "what happens next" thread on our forum and i've put enjoy the next 2 weeks and then talk about this and not before - because it will lead to a lot of bickering - and 2 weeks of relative peace and quite would be nice....
That said there's only 3 or 4 of us on here and we're nor likely to argue too much so:-

Contracted;-

Ollie Banks (2 years)(#)
Patrick Brough
Mark Ellis
Paul Farman
Josh Gordon
Robbie Gotts*
Joe Grayson
Ramao Hutton
Josh Kay
Luke James
John Rooney (2 Years)
Tom White (2 Years)
Offrande Zanzala
Jordan Stevens
Jason Taylor (player/coach)
Josh Lillis (player/coach)
Niall Canavan (2 years)

of those I expect Taylor and Lillis to be coaches only next season.
Zanzala we should try and sell to Exeter, Mark Ellis let move to Solihull permanently and Luke James try to move on (Hartlepool??)

If that happened we would have 11 contracted players plus Matty Platt who's contract is up - but I think we have an option of another year - and we'll surely take that up. so 12.

Of the others;-

Tom Beadling (keep)
Connor Brown - cult hero amongst the fans - tough call as he's reliable but getting older - i'd say keep for another season as back up in multiple positions, (keep)
James Jones - slightly disappointing compared to our other defenders - release (will end up at Oldham or back at Altrincham) (release)
Mike Jones - good player but injured for most of the last 2 years - (release.)
Dmitri Sea - has an attitude problem apparently - so unless he comes in for the injured Holloway and scores a lot of goals in the next 2 games he's gone. (release).
Kgosi Ntlhe - reliable, but limited - injured too often (release)
George Williams - invite to pre-season then decide (only just back from injury)(**)
Scott Moloney (young keeper) - probably release (same as last season) - but invite to pre-season maybe.

That would leave us with 14 players + maybe 2 possibles (Williams and Moloney).

The 3 loanees Anthony Glennon (Burnley), Will Harris (Sunderland) and Jacob Wakeling (leicester) i would just let go back to their parent clubs.
The 4th loanee - Aaron Amadi-Holloway i'd see what Burton do with him and maybe try to sign him for next season.

We may be 4th bottom - but our defence was 11th best in the division - so we don't need as big an overhaul as you might expect.

*Robbie Gotts - we need to get him on a 3 or 4 year deal ASAP.
#Ollie Banks - can see Barnsley coming in for him now they are down to L1.
** George Williams - we might have a 1 year option on him.

Last edited:

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
It’s a bit difficult for a couple of reasons. Firstly don’t know what league we will be playing in which might influence one or two and secondly the club has developed a policy of not saying how long a players contract lasts until (think it’s a DC thing he has done in the past). Of the players I know that are out of contract:-

Aiden Stone (GK) - I would keep him but there are parts of his game he needs to improve to make it long term.

James Gibbons (WB) - If we can keep him I’d do whatever it takes to tie him down. Will be interest from other clubs so be more likely if we are L1 otherwise he may go elsewhere.

Nathan Smith (RCB) - If we are a L1 club I would think of letting him go. In that position he is simply not good enough with the ball to play there as good a defender as he is.

David Worrall (RWB) - I think there needs to be a conversation on him. He is in his 30s now and there has been a noticeable decline. Whether that’s an injury he’s been carrying or something more long term will need to be looked at carefully.

Dave Amoo (ST) - Release him, served us well but he’s lost a step and no more than an impact sub nowadays.

Of the loanees I would definitely look to bring back Lewis Cass. He needs to iron out his defending but with the ball he makes our system work out of the RCB position. I’d be looking at Edmondson also to bring back, there looks to be something to really work with there.

The other loanees Cooper, Holy and Harratt I would look at other options than them.

Never seen a team play so much through one winger as you did at our place with Worrall. He absolutely ran the show, and I think was subbed off cos he was knackered. But if that's him in decline then I can only imagine what a player he has been.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Rovers have the following under contract;
Josh Dacres-Cogley RB
Lee O'Connor CM/RB
Josh Hawkes WM
Chris Merrie CM
Eliott Nevitt F
Kane Hemmings F
+ possibly Sam Taylor U18 F

Charlie Jolley F has an option to extend his deal, hard to know if we'll take that up.

Of the out of contract players, Joe Murphy GK and Jay Spearing CM are rumoured to be retiring, Jay with a coaching role at Liverpool.
I can't see deals being offered to Joe Maguire, Nathaniel Knight-Percival, Calum Mcmanaman, Mani Dieseruvwe or Nicky Manynard.
Expect we'll make offers to Calum Macdonald LB, Tom Davies CD, Peter Clarke CD and Kieron Morris WM I would like all of them to stay, albeit think that the central defence shouldn't be built around Clarke now. Morris apparently declined a contract extension and looks likely to move on, unsure about the others.
There are a few young pros in Kyle Hayde FB, Ryan Stratulis WM and Jake Burton F who may get offers, though they're unlikely to see much first team action.

Reactions: RLC

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Firstly we've got a "what happens next" thread on our forum and i've put enjoy the next 2 weeks and then talk about this and not before - because it will lead to a lot of bickering - and 2 weeks of relative peace and quite would be nice....
That said there's only 3 or 4 of us on here and we're nor likely to argue too much so:-

Contracted;-

Ollie Banks (2 years)(#)
Patrick Brough
Mark Ellis
Paul Farman
Josh Gordon
Robbie Gotts*
Joe Grayson
Ramao Hutton
Josh Kay
Luke James
John Rooney (2 Years)
Tom White (2 Years)
Offrande Zanzala
Jordan Stevens
Niall Canavan (2 years)

Zanzala we should try and sell to Exeter, Mark Ellis let move to Solihull permanently and Luke James try to move on (Hartlepool??)

If that happened we would have 11 contracted players plus Matty Platt who's contract is up - but I think we have an option of another year - and we'll surely take that up. so 12.

Of the others;-

Tom Beadling (keep)
Connor Brown - cult hero amongst the fans - tough callas he's reliable but getting older - i'd say keep for another season as back up in multiple positions, (keep)
James Jones - slightly disappointing compared to our other defenders - release (will end up at Oldham or back at Altrincham) (release)
Dmitri Sea - has an attitude problem apparently - so unless he comes in for the injured Holloway and scores a lot of goals in the next 2 games he's gone. (release).
George Williams - invite to pre-season then decide (only just back from injury)(**)
Scott Moloney (young keeper) - probably release (same as last season) - but invite to pre-season maybe.

The 3 loanees Anthony Glennon (Burnley), Will Harris (Sunderland) and Jacob Wakeling (leicester) i would just let go back to their parent clubs.
The 4th loanee - Aaron Amadi-Holloway i'd see what Burton do with him and maybe try to sign him for next season.

We may be 4th bottom - but our defence was 11th best in the division - so we don't need as big an overhaul as you might expect.

Ellis, Zanzala and James might be difficult to shift, so can see them seeing out their contracts with us (possibly find them some loans, but we'll be paying).

I think Banks will play these next few games to see how he can perform in this system. Was our best player til January, but when he plays everything is slowed right down. I think he'll stay but may find a new role.

Presuming it's Brown in charge, Connor Brown and Beadling will stay. I still think James Jones is okay as back-up and I rate George Williams whenever he manages to play! Moloney also handy as third choice keeper and I think must still be young enough not to count towards the squad limit. I know that's basically sticking with an entire squad that's finished in the bottom 4, but its shown these last few weeks that most of them are more capable than they were showing under Cooper. I make that a squad of 17, with plenty of room for new signings.

Holloway has been so much better lately, so would be worth keeping. Unfortunately I think Platt is gone, regardless of whether we invoke an option - it might mean we get a bit of money for him though.

Need a reserve keeper (Lillis is massive now), a centre back, right back, and two big centre forwards at bare minimum.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Dawson (loan) - keep if Wednesday get promoted
Key - keep unless a 750k plus offer comes in
Sweeney - keep
Diabate - keep
Stubbs - keep
Hartridge - keep
Sparkes - keep
Caprice - release
Collins - keep
Kite - keep
Taylor - not sure
Dieng - keep
Atangana - release
Jay - keep
Brown - keep
Nombe- keep
Seymour - release
Zanzala - release

We need a left wing back, 2 good strikers, and a defensive midfielder.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

I would give Woz another year, he’s playing with a hip injury at the moment.

I would keep Smith, he’s a solid centre half and Proctor, if he wasn’t out for months we’d be up by now.

Gibbons id sell my kidney to keep, one bonus to the injuries this year and last is we may have a better chance of keeping hold of him.

Amoo to go, had a wonder first season, injured much of last but seems to be losing pace now with age.

Stone I would keep but look to get an experienced man to challenge him (Covolan doesn’t look like he has a future and Holy was dire).

Benning I would look to keep, he was terrible yesterday but had been looking the player we thought we were getting before!

With the loans going back, I’d look to sign Edmundson, Harratt I think has a future at Huddersfield and Cooper doesn’t look ready for league football.

If we don’t go up, small tweaks and a better luck with injuries and we’d be up challenging again and likely be a huge threat.

If we go up then we’d possibly need to look at moving a few fringe lads on to strengthen but regardless no overhaul needed just tweaks.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Dawson (loan) - keep if Wednesday get promoted
Key - keep unless a 750k plus offer comes in
Sweeney - keep
Diabate - keep
Stubbs - keep
Hartridge - keep
Sparkes - keep
Caprice - release
Collins - keep
Kite - keep
Taylor - not sure
Dieng - keep
Atangana - release
Jay - keep
Brown - keep
Nombe- keep
Seymour - release
Zanzala - release

We need a left wing back, 2 good strikers, and a defensive midfielder.
Id take Caprice off your hands, looked your biggest threat in both league games against us. Surprised you think he should go, even in L1.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Never seen a team play so much through one winger as you did at our place with Worrall. He absolutely ran the show, and I think was subbed off cos he was knackered. But if that's him in decline then I can only imagine what a player he has been.
That’s the problem, fans expect a lot more from Wozza than others because he’s been so consistent for a good few seasons now. He’s injured but playing through it because we have no one fit to cover at the moment… not to mention this season he’s actually out of position as he is a winger not a wing back naturally.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Because we were/are under an embargo this season we were only able to offer 1 Year contracts so most of our players will be OOC. McKirdy has signed an extension as has Gladwin.

Those likely to attract interest from elsewhere - Wollacott, Payne, Reed and Williams - will be difficult to retain. Unless, by some miracle, we win the POs.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Clear out required at Brunton Park.

Players under contract

Gabriel Breeze - Loan out
Scott Simons - Loan out
Joel Senior
Jon Mellish - Transfer list
Corey Whelan - Transfer list
Jack Armer
Callum Guy
Lewis Bell - Loan out
Josh Dixon - Transfer list/Loan out
Tobi Sho-Silva
Jordan Gibson
Kristian Dennis
Omari Patrick
Sam Fishburn - Loan out
Tristan Abrahams - Transfer list

Players out of contract

Mark Howard - New contract
Magnus Norman - Release
Kelvin Mellor - Release
Rod McDonald - Release
Morgan Feeney - New contract
Joe Riley - New contract
Danny Devine - Release
Taylor Charters - Release
Jamie Devitt - New contract
Brennan Dickenson - Release
Gime Toure - Release
Manasse Mampala - Release
Lewis Alessandra - Release

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Id take Caprice off your hands, looked your biggest threat in both league games against us. Surprised you think he should go, even in L1.
He is fast and tricky, but insanely 1 footed and has little end product.
He's had his best season for us but as an experienced and probably fairly costly first team pro I think we need better. Sparkes is not as fast but considerably cheaper and has better delivery.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City

Contracted;-

Ollie Banks (2 years)(#)
Patrick Brough
Mark Ellis
Paul Farman
Josh Gordon
Robbie Gotts*
Joe Grayson
Ramao Hutton
Josh Kay
Luke James
John Rooney (2 Years)
Tom White (2 Years)
Offrande Zanzala
Jordan Stevens
Niall Canavan (2 years)

Of the others;-

Tom Beadling (keep)
Connor Brown - cult hero amongst the fans - tough call as he's reliable but getting older - i'd say keep for another season as back up in multiple positions, (keep)

There's no way we would buy Zanzala, he has done OK but not worthy of a fee or a regular place in a League One side.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
That’s the problem, fans expect a lot more from Wozza than others because he’s been so consistent for a good few seasons now. He’s injured but playing through it because we have no one fit to cover at the moment… not to mention this season he’s actually out of position as he is a winger not a wing back naturally.

This is what we need to look at. For what it’s worth I would imagine a 1 year contract is what we’ll offer him maybe with a second year option. With that said I don’t think his body can take the full 46 game slog especially with his style of play so he’d need managing and if Gibbo re-signs then Woz would need to be willing to accept he’d be second fiddle. One of the things Flitcroft has criticised the club for before his arrival was we’ve been too sentimental in the past with these decisions so just need to look at it dispassionately.

As for Smith if we get promoted and sign Lewis Cass then the only spot I see for him is competing with Martin. I don’t want to see him at RCB as too many promising moves break down when the ball comes to him.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Yeah losing Cass was a huge blow to injury, I’d love him back next season as he was class.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Clear out required at Brunton Park.

Players under contract

Gabriel Breeze - Loan out
Scott Simons - Loan out
Joel Senior
Jon Mellish - Transfer list
Corey Whelan - Transfer list
Jack Armer
Callum Guy
Lewis Bell - Loan out
Josh Dixon - Transfer list/Loan out
Tobi Sho-Silva
Jordan Gibson
Kristian Dennis
Omari Patrick
Sam Fishburn - Loan out
Tristan Abrahams - Transfer list

Players out of contract

Mark Howard - New contract
Magnus Norman - Release
Kelvin Mellor - Release
Rod McDonald - Release
Morgan Feeney - New contract
Joe Riley - New contract
Danny Devine - Release
Taylor Charters - Release
Jamie Devitt - New contract
Brennan Dickenson - Release
Gime Toure - Release
Manasse Mampala - Release
Lewis Alessandra - Release

New contract for Devitt? I liked him as a player but his legs are made of weetabix it seems.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
New contract for Devitt? I liked him as a player but his legs are made of weetabix it seems.
Yeah I’d give him a year. i don’t imagine he’ll command a high wage. He wants to be here and he’s an older head in the dressing room who gets the club. He won’t play every game but sometimes just having certain characters around can be beneficial.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
You could bin off most of our squad, but there's only one or two out of contract this summer which is a bit of nuisance to say the least.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Under Contract:
Lawrence Vigouroux (GK)
Rhys Byrne (GK)
Connor Wood (LB)
Omar Beckles (CB)
Shadrach Ogie (CB)
Dan Happe (CB)
Craig Clay (CM)
Jordan Brown (CM)
Ethan Coleman (CM) - Not good enough, sell/loan out.
Otis Khan (WG/AM)
Paul Smyth (FW)
Daniel Nkrumah (FW)
Harry Smith (ST)
Aaron Drinan (ST)

Out of Contract:
Sam Sargeant (GK) - If the budget allows for 3 keepers then keep him, but likely to be released. Release
Tom James (RB) - Try & keep at all costs but may move higher. Keep
Jayden Sweeney (LB) - Youngster who hasn't been good enough. Release
Adam Thompson (CB) - I'd keep him, can cover RB too and is a good leader. Keep
Matt Young (CM) - Clearly has potential but needs games. Keep & Loan out
Antony Papadopulos (CM) - Youngster who hasn't been good enough. Release
Hector Kyprianou (CM) - Averages big 1 mistake per game, but has ability. Keep
Callum Reilly (CM) - Always injured & legs have gone, non league beckons. Release
Darren Pratley (CM) - Will be 38 next season, but has done well this season & still got it. Keep
Ruel Sotiriou (FW) - Seems to be finally delivering on his potential. Keep

Loans going back:
Dan Moss (RB) - Not good enough for League football yet.
Alex Mitchell (CB) - Good no nonsense CB, would have him back but he's on a long term contract at Millwall & will no doubt be loaned out to League One or play for Millwall next season.
George Ray (CB) - Came into a struggling team and struggled with them, got injured after Wellens took charge & lost his place. Played poorly away at Oldham and not seen since.
Frank Nouble (ST) - Total Shit.
Theo Archibald (FW) - He's been excellent for us and I've been told we're already in discussions with Lincoln about buying him for next season.

EDIT: Wellens has now confirmed that Ray, Nouble and Moss have already been sent back to their parent clubs and won't be with us next season.

The big place we need restructuring is in central midfield, we need at least two experienced players whom are comfortable playing the way Wellens wants to. Which is why Darren Pratley might get released as he's nearly 38.

Ruel Sotiriou might move on, he is under 23 so we'll be entitled to a fee. I don't think he is anywhere near good enough or ready for a step up but we shall see.

Despite only playing the first half of the season, Tom James is a must to try and tie down for next season, a superb right back for this level. Had he not got injured our season may have been different.

Of our current players under contract, the only one I'd move on is Ethan Coleman. Signed on a 2 and a half year deal from Kings Lynn and isn't good enough for where we want to be next season. One of the rare moments where we've paid money for a player and its turned out to be a mistake.

Last edited:

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
The Terminator Don’t disagree with much there, but I would actively look to bin off Dan Happe as well. He’s been an absolute liability in League football - especially since Marvin Ekpiteta left - he needs to drop down to the conference and build his confidence back up.

More than happy for both Pratley and Kyprianou to leave. The former is past it, the latter the epitome of mediocrity. If he wasn’t a youth team product there wouldn’t be the complacent acceptance of his deficiencies.

James, Thompson and Sotiriou the obvious priority re-signings.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
These are the players I'm certain have contracts for next season.

Contracted players

Jamie Sterry RB
Neill Byrne CB (Almost certain he got two years)
Nicky Featherstone CM
Tom Crawford CM
Omar Bogle ST
Marcus Carver ST

Some speculation on who has what at Pools, so the following are all assumed out of contract at the end of the season.

Goalkeepers

Ben Killip - Good shot stopper, petrified of crosses, stays glued to his line, we need better, I'd release him.
Patrick Boyes - Young kid and looks like a young kid, release.

Defenders

David Ferguson - Very good attacking left back, more than likely going to leave, keep
Gary Liddle - Veteran CB, had some good spells this season but he's too old to keep on as a player, would keep him on as a coach, otherwise release
Timi Odusina - Turned his season around and has been a revelation, probably head back down South, keep
Reagan Ogle - Understudy to Jamie Sterry, has looked fine in spells, keep

Midfielders

Mark Shelton - Been less consistent in this league, I don't think Lee likes him, I'd keep
Luke Molyneux - Our biggest attacking threat, supposedly off to Blackpool, keep
Martin Smith - Waste of space, release

Forwards

Joe Grey - Up and coming young talent, needs beefing up a bit, keep
Jordan Cook - Injury prone player currently injured, release
Olufela Olomola - Been unlucky for me, never had a solid run in the team but still, release

Loanees

Nicholas Bilokapic, Jake Hull, Isaac Fletcher, Joe White, wouldn't engage with any of them for next season.

Brynn Morris the other loanee has a 2 year deal with us lined up after his loan is up, looked very good at times but seemingly injured every other week.
Mostly agree there but I'd get rid of Shelton as he won't want to just be a squad player and Ogle (Forrest Gump vibes are strong in that one).

Killip I'm in two minds about, much like how he is with balls in the box. He has improved his all-round game since he came and is young enough to develop more. But he often lets himself down with moments like in the Swindon third goal. If you could create a goal Killip would concede it would be that, half a dozen times a season.

I'd also have Bilokapic back. Looked better on crosses than Killip and is the kind of age where he can be number two to someone and won't mind. The other loanees can get stuffed. Isaac Fletcher is never a footballer and as you said before Joe White has no battle in him.

I know Gary Liddle wants an extra year, it's time to move on but I can see him being given another deal.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Mostly agree there but I'd get rid of Shelton as he won't want to just be a squad player and Ogle (Forrest Gump vibes are strong in that one).

Killip I'm in two minds about, much like how he is with balls in the box. He has improved his all-round game since he came and is young enough to develop more. But he often lets himself down with moments like in the Swindon third goal. If you could create a goal Killip would concede it would be that, half a dozen times a season.

I'd also have Bilokapic back. Looked better on crosses than Killip and is the kind of age where he can be number two to someone and won't mind. The other loanees can get stuffed. Isaac Fletcher is never a footballer and as you said before Joe White has no battle in him.

I know Gary Liddle wants an extra year, it's time to move on but I can see him being given another deal.

Killip has cost us so many stupid goals this season simply by being too shit scared to come and punch at crosses, he just flaps his arms on the goal line as it goes flying past him, I think a new keeper should be our number one target in the summer.

I think Nicky Featherstone might leave in the summer too despite being contracted, I don't believe for a second that he's injured, clearly had a bust up with the management.

Another big rebuild for us, hope Raj is prepared to spend in the summer.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Killip has cost us so many stupid goals this season simply by being too shit scared to come and punch at crosses, he just flaps his arms on the goal line as it goes flying past him, I think a new keeper should be our number one target in the summer.

I think Nicky Featherstone might leave in the summer too despite being contracted, I don't believe for a second that he's injured, clearly had a bust up with the management.

Another big rebuild for us, hope Raj is prepared to spend in the summer.
The frightening thing is regarding Killip is Micky Nelson said he did all he could to get across (3rd goal).
Liddle is definately a no no, can no longer manage a back four. When he plays(back5) we revert to passing backwards and sideways in our defensive 3rd.
Can see Fergie, Timmy and molls all leaving, don,t be surprised if Fletcher is released by the Boro that may be part of his loan deal.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
We've got close to 15 players signed up for next season which is good apart from the small issue of our mid table mediocrity with same players.

There are two players whose contracts are up and we've heard nothing about.

Jordan Tunnicliffe
Decent centre back. Spent most of the season injured but in the team of the season last year.

Ashley Nadesan
It's like chasing pigeons. Exasperating player. Flys past defenders, takes up excellent positions, 10 goal a season striker. The other problem with him is not his fault. Our midfielders know that they can lob a ball behind the defenders and he will chase and cause problems but our midfielders do it far to often.

I would like to keep both.

Others

Taylor Seymour.
Back up keeper. Only 20 but was getting good reviews while playing at a lower level as a starter. Not seen myself but if true a good option as back up.

Mark Marshall
Been on a month to month contract. He looks good coming off the bench, not too many starts. Probably get a better deal elsewhere.

Archie Davies
Right back/wing back. We have an option but I don't think Yems trusts him to do what he is told.

Reece Grego-Cox
Quick striker. Currently on loan at Barnet after recovering from a long term cruciate injury. Fitness, not talent will decide.

Tyler Frost.
Good enough. Hardly seen him this season. No word from the club as to why. Presumably injuries.

Sam Matthews.
Yems likes him. All tricks and dinky through balls but imho goes missing when it's roll up the sleeves time. Wouldn't be the worst player if he stays.

Will Ferry...on loan from Southampton
Left sided midfielder/wing back. Lots of talent, not ready fr Southampton first team and has a couple of rows with Yems. Love him back but Saints will probably loan him to a league 1 team.

Lots of young kids who are4/are not on contract. It's hard to keep up with them all.

Casey

Ps

John Yems
Can spot talent, can set up a team. Interesting interviews. Affable in one to one meetings. Lord knows what's going to happen.

Last edited:

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Keep:
Watt, Vernam, Cooke and Paudie. Only really bothered about Vernam, but reckon he'll be the one that goes and gets a deal elsewhere.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
If I’m honest I’m not fussed if all our OAC go, I’d happily keep Vernam, but still don’t think he’d score enough in a 433 or 4231 which I think is the way we’re going. He’s one of the only players that’s remotely exciting but I think it’s partly because of how crap we are. Watt has improved under Sparky so wouldn’t mind him staying and Paudie O’Connor could be decent with a decent CB next to him with a bit of mobility. I’d keep Hendrie as back up, he’s not a world beater but the difference is stark when he plays compared to Threlkeld.

Angol would be quality if not for injuries, but they’re just never going to go away. Maybe a month by month contract? A bit ruthless but we can’t waste wages on sick notes, whatever happens with him I wish him all the best, he always gives 100% and comes across a decent bloke.

Sutton and Cooke once upon a time I’d have been desperate to keep, both have been garbage unfortunately and I think with Cooke he just will never get the goals he needs to play in his favoured number 10 position, he goes missing when played any further back in midfield, Sutton can’t pass wind.

Can’t be bothered to remember who else we have they can all do one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!