Players - Ins & Outs

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Yeah struggled this season and last but can’t forget that first season and of course the cross at the Etihad.

Don’t know when Wozza signed an extension though!

Still think a couple will leave from the under contracts, maybe the likes of Covolan and Hurst.

Got to think Hurst will be going at least out on loan. If he couldn’t get a spot in our team in L2 it’s even less likely in L1. He needs to be playing football and would send him out to the conference or a lower end L2 team. Wouldn’t surprise me if we let one of Dan Jones or Hussey look for a new club also.

From there I’d be looking at bringing in an RCB (Lewis Cass), a playmaker in midfield and then a couple of strikers and a wide forward (Politic coming back would be the dream on that).

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Good week so far with Elliott Moore, Alex Gorrin and Billy Bodin signing new contracts.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
We offered pretty much all our out-of-contract players (development squad aside) new deals.

Which in a way I’m ok with given we did well to bag a playoff spot…but we have a perhaps overly veteran squad and it’d be good to bring the average age down a bit.

I’m not expecting more than one or two new faces in the door - a bit disappointing in a way as it’s always good to see new faces come in, but oh well.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We offered pretty much all our out-of-contract players (development squad aside) new deals.

Which in a way I’m ok with given we did well to bag a playoff spot…but we have a perhaps overly veteran squad and it’d be good to bring the average age down a bit.

I’m not expecting more than one or two new faces in the door - a bit disappointing in a way as it’s always good to see new faces come in, but oh well.
You clearly have the core of a very good league 1 team, to be one game away from the championship, so I can understand keeping a similar squad with maybe a couple of additions. I can see you being up there again next season.

You are the team we need to emulate really. Not the biggest club in the league but have established themselves as a good league 1 team, regularly challenging. I hope that we push ourselves on this year and finish at least mid table. I want us to be pushing for promotion to the championship in 2 to 3 years.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
The EFL retained list has been published, which includes all the players under 24 we have issued new deals:

1655332588203.png

Another chance meeting has seen Kazim-Richards confirm that his intention is to sign an extension as soon as he's allowed - not an option for every game, but a surprisingly good player with a physical upside. I was disgusted when we signed him, but definitely proven me wrong.

Byrne, Buchanan, Bird, Bielik, Sibley & Knight is a good start. A few experienced options to pad it out and see who can step up from the Scholars.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Three players signed today:
Teenage goalkeeper Alfie Burnett from Rotherham United,
midfielder Kyle McAllister, joining the League Two champions from Scottish Premiership side St Mirren
David Davis, the experienced midfielder arriving from Shrewsbury Town

So far five new signings this summer.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Our squad as it stands

GK:
Luke McGee
Lewis Thomas
Alfie Burnett

DEF:
Jordan Moore-Taylor
Udoka Godwin-Malife
Baily Cargill
Dom Bernard
Corey O’Keefe
Harvey Bunker

MID:
Ben Stevenson
Regan Hendry
David Davis
Armani Little
Kyle McAllister (might be used at LWB)

ATT:
Jamille Matt
Matty Stevens
Josh March

Sadou Diallo is training with us so might well be signing a new contract, Stevens is out with an ACL and Burnett and Bunker are kids. Still need a bit more I reckon, we’re a bit short of league 1 experience and have lost a few quality players.

Last edited:

cookiemonster

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Our squad as it stands

GK:
Luke McGee
Lewis Thomas
Alfie Burnett

DEF:
Jordan Moore-Taylor
Udoka Godwin-Malife
Baily Cargill
Dom Bernard
Corey O’Keefe

MID:
Ben Stevenson
Regan Hendry
David Davis
Armani Little
Kyle McAllister (might be used at LWB)
Harvey Bunker

ATT:
Jamille Matt
Matty Stevens
Josh March

Sadou Diallo is training with us so might well be signing a new contract, Stevens is out with an ACL and Burnett and Bunker are kids. Still need a bit more I reckon, we’re a bit short of league 1 experience and have lost a few quality players.
Is Bunker a midfielder? In the pizza trophy game at Walsall last year he played CB.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Is Bunker a midfielder? In the pizza trophy game at Walsall last year he played CB.
I always thought he was a defender...not a midfielder...and think he might be left-sided. But I might be completely wrong there...Wikipedia, not always to be relied upon, thinks he is a midfielder!

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

Don't know mate, never been to a Pizza trophy game and never will do, so I've not seen him play. I'll edit it anyway.

Looks like there is some player news coming at 6.

Last edited:

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Our Squad;

GK:
Mike Cooper
Callum Burton

Centre backs:
James Wilson
Dan Scarr
Brendan Galloway
James Bolton
Macauley Gillesphey

Wingbacks:
Joe Edwards
Conor Grant
Mikel Miller
Ryan Law

Centre Mids;
Danny Mayor
Jordan Houghton
Panuche Camara
Adam Randell
Matt Butcher
Alfie Lewis

Strikers:
Ryan Hardie
Luke Jephcott
Niall Ennis

Not bad. Still think we need another midfielder considering Camara may leave. A more physical striker and a right wingback to compete with Joe Edwards.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
With Bridcutt leaving today, this leaves us with a squad of the following:

GK
Jordan Wright - 23
Sam Long - 19

DEF:
Joe Walsh - 30 (CB)
Adam Jackson - 28 (CB)
Paudie O'Connor - 24 (CB)
Lewis Montsma - 24 (CB)

Cohen Bramall - 26 (LB/ LWB) Rumoured to be going to Rotherham
Jamie Robson - 24 (LB)
Sean Roughan - 18 (LB/ CB)

Regan Poole - 24 (RB/ CB)
TJ Eyoma - 22 (RB/ CB)

Hayden Cann - 18 (Youth)

MID:
Teddy Bishop - 26 (CM)
Max Sanders - 23 (CM)
Lasse Sorenson - 22 (CM)
Tashan Oakley-Boothe - 22 (On Loan from Stoke)

Hakeeb Adelakun - 26 (Winger)
Charles Vernam – 25 (Winger)

Billy Brooks - 18 (Youth)
Oisin Gallagher - 17 (Youth)

ATT:
Chris Maguire - 33
Tom Hopper - 28
Anthony Scully - 23
Ben House - 23
Charley Kendall - 21

Freddie Draper - 18 (Youth)
Jovon Makama - 18 (Youth)

Take out the youth players who I guess will be going out on loan, we have 22 players. This consists of 2 inexperienced goalkeepers. We are ok-ish at the back, if Bramall goes we may need a replacement. We are massively short in midfield - this was our weakest point last season, since then we have lost McGrandles & Bridcutt and gained the new guy from Stoke. It's still a long way to go till opening day, but assuming we'll be making use of the loan system! (Also, of those 22 players, 2 are out injured - House & Montsma)

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Our squad currently.

GK

Lucas Covolan
Aidan Stone

DF
Mal Benning
Nathan Smith
Connor Hall
Aaron Martin
Dan Jones
Sammy Robinson
Chris Hussey
Lewis Cass

MD
Tom Conlon
Jake Taylor
David Worrall
Ben Garrity
Brad Walker
Tom Pett
Harry Charsley

ST
James Wilson
Jamie Proctor

Need 2 x Strikers, when fit the front two should be fairly comfortable at this level but can’t have the situation like last season where we lost both (at one point has a midfielder playing lone striker!) Fox in the box and possibly a target man would do.

Midfield we are fairly ok, interesting to see how Garrity makes the step up, scored 12 or 13 and won POTY. Conlon is possibly our best player but been out for 6 months. Taylor and or Charsley could move on, although would like to see Taylor get a chance after his play off performances.

We play wing backs so Benning and Hussey for LWB, we’ve played Worrall at RWB but need cover as he’s not as young as he was and with Gibbo moving on that’s a key position to fill.

Defence wise Smith should do ok, one bright spark in our relegation season was his emergence and Connor Hall has come in and been a rolls Royce of a centre half so should make the step up. Sammy Robinson is a kid from Man City so not seen much of him yet.
Lewis Cass our only new signing from Newcastle was on loan first half of the season last year but got injured in January. He’s again one who’s got the attributes but still young. Dan Jones i think will move on and Aaron Martin although has played higher is probably not going to be featuring much, would look to get another centre half in and move at least one of them two out.

Keeper Aidan Stone broke into the team towards the end and has signed a new deal, raw still and maybe not ideal as number one just yet at this level, Lucas the Brazilian is absolutely bonkers! Sent off in pre season, sent off on the opening day last season and sent off for karate kicking Harry McKirdy in January and hasn’t played since! Likes to play sweeper keeper but gets into trouble with it! I’d let him go and replace ideally.

Still 4 or 5 signings off where I want us to be and possibly move 2 or 3 on.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Salop’s squad:-

GK
Marko Marosi
Harry Burgoyne
Jaden Bevan (Youth)
Xander Parke (Youth)

Defenders
Elliot Bennett
Julien Dacosta
Mathew Pennington
Tom Flanagan
Chey Dunkley
George Nurse
Kade Craig (Youth)

Midfield
Luke Leahy
Tom Bayliss
Jordan Shipley
Josh Barlow (Youth)

Strikers
Daniel Udoh
Ryan Bowman
Tom Bloxham
Rekeil Pyke
Charlie Caton (Youth)

That is easily our best squad since we finished 3rd in the 17/18 season. Still need another LWB, CDM & a ST but I’m extremely happy with our summer signings so far. Couldn’t have gone much better. If we can keep hold of Marosi, Leahy and Udoh as well as adding another 3 signings for squad depth, we should really be threatening the play off places this season.

Can’t wait for Morecambe away on the 30th now!

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Our squad currently.

GK

Lucas Covolan
Aidan Stone

DF
Mal Benning
Nathan Smith
Connor Hall
Aaron Martin
Dan Jones
Sammy Robinson
Chris Hussey
Lewis Cass

MD
Tom Conlon
Jake Taylor
David Worrall
Ben Garrity
Brad Walker
Tom Pett
Harry Charsley

ST
James Wilson
Jamie Proctor

Need 2 x Strikers, when fit the front two should be fairly comfortable at this level but can’t have the situation like last season where we lost both (at one point has a midfielder playing lone striker!) Fox in the box and possibly a target man would do.

Midfield we are fairly ok, interesting to see how Garrity makes the step up, scored 12 or 13 and won POTY. Conlon is possibly our best player but been out for 6 months. Taylor and or Charsley could move on, although would like to see Taylor get a chance after his play off performances.

We play wing backs so Benning and Hussey for LWB, we’ve played Worrall at RWB but need cover as he’s not as young as he was and with Gibbo moving on that’s a key position to fill.

Defence wise Smith should do ok, one bright spark in our relegation season was his emergence and Connor Hall has come in and been a rolls Royce of a centre half so should make the step up. Sammy Robinson is a kid from Man City so not seen much of him yet.
Lewis Cass our only new signing from Newcastle was on loan first half of the season last year but got injured in January. He’s again one who’s got the attributes but still young. Dan Jones i think will move on and Aaron Martin although has played higher is probably not going to be featuring much, would look to get another centre half in and move at least one of them two out.

Keeper Aidan Stone broke into the team towards the end and has signed a new deal, raw still and maybe not ideal as number one just yet at this level, Lucas the Brazilian is absolutely bonkers! Sent off in pre season, sent off on the opening day last season and sent off for karate kicking Harry McKirdy in January and hasn’t played since! Likes to play sweeper keeper but gets into trouble with it! I’d let him go and replace ideally.

Id have given him a knighthood for that!

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Our squad looks good in places but light in others:

GK:
Harry Lee & Jack Arthur. Both youngsters but the former is very highly thought of. Need a new GK for sure.

Defenders:
Jake Caprice
Josh Key
Jack Sparkes
Sam Stubbs
Pierce Sweeney
Alex Hartridge
Cheick Diabate
Alfie Pond

Midfield:
Tim Dieng
Archie Collins
Harry Kite
Kyle Taylor - most likely injured all season

Attackers/ Strikers
Josh Coley
Matt Jay
Jevani Brown
Sam Nombe
Sonny Cox

Overall a solid squad but we need to bring in a GK, which will probably be a loan; A new CM with some L1 experience; 2 strikers, one more experienced and one on loan. Add to that, a left wing back would be nice but not essential. If we can recruit well, I think we’ll do fine next season.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Salop’s squad:-

GK
Marko Marosi
Harry Burgoyne
Jaden Bevan (Youth)
Xander Parke (Youth)

Defenders
Elliot Bennett
Julien Dacosta
Mathew Pennington
Tom Flanagan
Chey Dunkley
George Nurse
Kade Craig (Youth)

Midfield
Luke Leahy
Tom Bayliss
Jordan Shipley
Josh Barlow (Youth)

Strikers
Daniel Udoh
Ryan Bowman
Tom Bloxham
Rekeil Pyke
Charlie Caton (Youth)

That is easily our best squad since we finished 3rd in the 17/18 season. Still need another LWB, CDM & a ST but I’m extremely happy with our summer signings so far. Couldn’t have gone much better. If we can keep hold of Marosi, Leahy and Udoh as well as adding another 3 signings for squad depth, we should really be threatening the play off places this season.

Can’t wait for Morecambe away on the 30th now!

Pretty decent squad that, be even better if you could find some poor sucker to take Rekeil Pyke permanently.

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
So going into our first pre-season match on Saturday or squad as it stands

GK Alex Bass, Toby Steward (1st year pro)

RB Kieron Freeman, Hadj Monga (19 year old)
CB Sean Raggett, Clarke Robertson
LB Conor Ogivile, Denver Hume, Liam Vincent (18 y o)

CM Marlon Pack, Louie Thompson, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Joe Morrell, Jay Mingi (youngster) , Harry Jewett White (1st year Pro)

AM Michael Jacobs
Wingers Ronan Curtis, Marcus Harness, Reeco Hackett, Jayden Reid (youngster)

FW Dan Gifford (1st year Pro)

Can see where we lack. Need a senior GK, senior RB and some forwards

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Not going to write Boltons squad down its strong......not the best in lge 1 in my opinion that is Shef Wed
Barnsley will be there or there about................Shrewsbury will do ok without bothering the play-offs same with Fleetwood
Play -offs minimum i expect

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
So going into our first pre-season match on Saturday or squad as it stands

GK Alex Bass, Toby Steward (1st year pro)

RB Kieron Freeman, Hadj Monga (19 year old)
CB Sean Raggett, Clarke Robertson
LB Conor Ogivile, Denver Hume, Liam Vincent (18 y o)

CM Marlon Pack, Louie Thompson, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Joe Morrell, Jay Mingi (youngster) , Harry Jewett White (1st year Pro)

AM Michael Jacobs
Wingers Ronan Curtis, Marcus Harness, Reeco Hackett, Jayden Reid (youngster)

FW Dan Gifford (1st year Pro)

Can see where we lack. Need a senior GK, senior RB and some forwards

Expecting any outgoings?

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
We have kept all of our squad together from last season apart from Jack Iredale and Wes Hoolahan. We have some promising youth players coming through but we need to add 3 or 4 and Bonner has said he'll happily bide his time for the right ones.

Youth Watch
Kai Yearn - 16 and had offers from much bigger clubs. I think he'll be sold for £1m+ in the future. I can see him getting minutes now he has signed his pro contract.
Liam Bennett - although no longer a youth he broke into the team last season and was superb. Excited to see what he does at Walsall this season.
Glenn McConnel - No nonsense CM who at 17 looks more like a 20 year old. Could be his break through season.
Saleem Akanab - Striker who looks like a 25 year old. Big and powerful and can finish. 17 years old.

We play a 4-2-3-1 with a small budget so try to sign versatile players to cover more than one role should we get any injuries.

We need a CB, CDM, LB and Winger. Sounds like the winger may already be done in Saikou Janneh.

GK
Dimi Mitov, Will Mannion, James Holden

Defenders
Harvey Beckett (Youth)
Liam Bennett (On loan to Walsall)
Mamadou Jobe (Youth)
Lloyd Jones CB
Greg Taylor CB
Jubril Okedina CB/RB
George Williams RB
Harrison Dunk LB/LM

Midfield
James Brophy LW
Paul Digby CDM
Jack Lankester RM/CAM
Adam May CDM/CM/CAM
Glenn McConnell CM (Youth)
Liam O’Neil CDM
Lewis Simper CM
Shilow Tracey RW
Ben Worman CM/CAM
Kai Yearn CM (Youth)

Forwards
Saleem Akanabi Striker (Youth)
Joe Ironside ST
Harvey Knibbs CAM/ST
Sam Smith RW/ST

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Seems like we are desperately trying to get rid of Curtis and Harness for fees so we can actually buy some players
How come you guys are so cash strapped? I thought your owner was rich? Or is he just stingy?

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
How come you guys are so cash strapped? I thought your owner was rich? Or is he just stingy?
Owner is rich, but its not his personal money that he is using, its his companies money. They are spending £11m doing work on the stadium, purchased the training ground and public gym (roko) and are not loading us with debt, but at the same time are running the club sustainably rather than chucking money at signings. Great in the long term, but trying to compete is rubbish

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Owner is rich, but its not his personal money that he is using, its his companies money. They are spending £11m doing work on the stadium, purchased the training ground and public gym (roko) and are not loading us with debt, but at the same time are running the club sustainably rather than chucking money at signings. Great in the long term, but trying to compete is rubbish
The way a football club should be run.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Our squad currently.

GK

Lucas Covolan
Aidan Stone

DF
Mal Benning
Nathan Smith
Connor Hall
Aaron Martin
Dan Jones
Sammy Robinson
Chris Hussey
Lewis Cass

MD
Tom Conlon
Jake Taylor
David Worrall
Ben Garrity
Brad Walker
Tom Pett
Harry Charsley

ST
James Wilson
Jamie Proctor

How's Pett been for you? I'm assuming more than adequate in L2, will be interesting to see how he does in L1. He got injured in pre-season here and never really got back in (pretty sure he came on as a sub at Posh, had a mare and was never seen again).

He's not the most mobile or athletic of players so I'm not sure how he'll step up.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
With Bridcutt leaving today, this leaves us with a squad of the following:

GK
Jordan Wright - 23
Sam Long - 19

DEF:
Joe Walsh - 30 (CB)
Adam Jackson - 28 (CB)
Paudie O'Connor - 24 (CB)
Lewis Montsma - 24 (CB)

Cohen Bramall - 26 (LB/ LWB) Rumoured to be going to Rotherham
Jamie Robson - 24 (LB)
Sean Roughan - 18 (LB/ CB)

Regan Poole - 24 (RB/ CB)
TJ Eyoma - 22 (RB/ CB)

Hayden Cann - 18 (Youth)

MID:
Teddy Bishop - 26 (CM)
Max Sanders - 23 (CM)
Lasse Sorenson - 22 (CM)
Tashan Oakley-Boothe - 22 (On Loan from Stoke)

Hakeeb Adelakun - 26 (Winger)
Charles Vernam – 25 (Winger)

Billy Brooks - 18 (Youth)
Oisin Gallagher - 17 (Youth)

ATT:
Chris Maguire - 33
Tom Hopper - 28
Anthony Scully - 23
Ben House - 23
Charley Kendall - 21

Freddie Draper - 18 (Youth)
Jovon Makama - 18 (Youth)

Take out the youth players who I guess will be going out on loan, we have 22 players. This consists of 2 inexperienced goalkeepers. We are ok-ish at the back, if Bramall goes we may need a replacement. We are massively short in midfield - this was our weakest point last season, since then we have lost McGrandles & Bridcutt and gained the new guy from Stoke. It's still a long way to go till opening day, but assuming we'll be making use of the loan system! (Also, of those 22 players, 2 are out injured - House & Montsma)
Shows how much work we've got to do, doesn't it?

Need an experienced 'keeper (or one better than Wright who's ok a number two but too many mistakes in his 6 or 7 games at the back end of last season). Big ask for House and Kendall stepping up from the National League and National League South.

Bishop is the only midfielder on the books who contributed last season, Adelakun was horrendous, Maguire was a massive let-down and I suspect Poole and Scully will be attracting attention this summer, especially the latter with only one year left on his deal.

Obviously still two months until the transfer window closes but with the season starting two weeks earlier, it feels like we need to be sorting it out sooner rather than later with our first pre-season friendly on Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!