Players Out of Contract (2016)

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Mark Beevers (CB) Have never been a big fan, but has clear quality at this level. Don't think we could do much better. KEEP.

Byron Webster (CB) Terrible last season but he's got his confidence back and has been excellent this year. Looks like the player Yeovil fans were raving about when we signed him. KEEP.

Ed Upson (MF) I had high hopes for him this season but he's been a big disappointment -- probably our worst performer. Doesn't bring anything to the table and Harris clearly doesn't rate him. RELEASE.

Carlos Edwards (RB) An outstanding professional and by all accounts a very popular dressing room figure, but he is 38 this year and he can't seem to shake off the injuries.... so, with a heavy heart... RELEASE

Joe Martin (LB) The inferior Gillingham reject fullback. He is OK. A Steady Eddy. Any winger with a bit of a pace will ruin him, though. If we're in this division next year KEEP, if not RELEASE.

Jack Powell (CM) Lots of ability but lacks pace and apparently has a poor attitude. Him and Thompson were the main candidates to assume that 2nd central midfield position but Ben has blown him out of the water. RELEASE.

John Marquis (FW) As I said last Summer, he should have taken the deal at Gillingham. Another waste of his time and our money. He will probably join Northampton in the off-season and good luck to the fella: he deserves to play more regularly at a club that can accommodate him. RELEASE

Lee Martin (RM) Waste of space. Will be lucky to get a L2 club. RELEASE.

We'd take Beevers.

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Paul Smith - GK - Keep as GK coach and back-up to Ted Smith
Daniel Bentley - GK - He's gone already. Tribunal fee.
Luke Prosser - DF - Let go. Not good enough.
Cian Bolger - DF - Keep.
Kevan Hurst - MF - Let go. Not played much this season, can use the money elsewhere
Jack Payne - MF - See Bentley
Myles Weston - MF - Let go. Can't finish, crap first touch. Go
David Worrall - MF - Keep, wants to go though apparently
Gary Deegan - MF - Let go. Not effective at this level and would rather play more attacking
Frank Moussa - MF - Only signed last month, give him a one year deal
Noel Hunt - ST - Injured a lot and only 4 goals in 22 games. Let him go.
Jason Williams - ST - Youth striker, sign and actually play him.

Loanees:

Piotr Malarcyzk - DF - Only played once, not bothered either way
Sam McQueen - MF - Fast, pacey, decent pass. Sign if possible.
Glen Kamara - MF - Looks composed and decent on the ball, replace Deegan with him
Tyrone Barnett - ST - Best striker in our team, sign him
Jamar Loza - ST - No way jose. Awful, awful, awful.

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Contract info taken from our message board, so may not be 100%.

Of Dale's out of contract players, the club have one year extension options on Jamie Allen and Donal McDermott, which will 99% certainly be taken up.

The others are and what I would offer.
Josh Lillis (G). Had an excellent season. Offer 2 yr contract.
Joe Rafferty (RB/CB/DM). First choice RB in the latter half of season. Reliable, and not bad going forward. 2 yrs.
Rhys Bennett (DM/RB/CB). Talented, but injury hit last season and we have cover in his positions. 6 month deal to prove fitness.
Ashley Eastham (CB). Generally solid, with the occasional cockup. Worth another year.
Ollie Lancashire (CB). Good in L2, a bit lacking at L1. Eastham is better. Release.
Michael Rose (LB/M). Not fast enough for LB any more, but has been useful as the old head in a young midfield. Worth another year.
Reuben Noble-Lazarus (M). Has shown good form in flashes, but too infrequently. Release.
Joel Logan (RW/F). Out on loan for first half of season, nowhere near team on return. Release.
Dave Syers (AM). Injury hit since joining in Jan. Excellent for Scunny a couple of years ago. 6 months to prove fitness.
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (AM/F). Done pretty well, knows where the net is. 2 yrs
Joe Bunney (F). Blossomed in second half of season, good prospect. 2 yrs
Calvin Andrew (F). Good egg, who always puts shift in. Worth another year, maybe try him at CB pre-season as well.
Grant Holt (F). Now 35, and doing coaching badges. Depends what he wants to do, would like to keep, but not by breaking the bank!
James Hooper (M - 1st yr pro). Had a couple of games, looked more than useful. Worth another year.
Nyal Bell (F - 1st year pro). Not really developed this season, but has physical attributes of size & pace. Unsure - 6 months/year to prove himself.
Billy Hasler-Cregg (F - 1st yr pro). Spent all season on loan at Droylsden, and did pretty well for them. Worth another year.
Official list now released.

Josh Lillis, Ashley Eastham, Ollie Lancashire and Calvin Andrew have been offered new deals

Options for next season (I.e. they will be staying) have been invoked in respect of:
Jamie.Allen, Joe Rafferty, Joe Bunney, Donal McDermott, James Hooper, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

Released:
Nyal Bell
Rhys Bennett
Grant Holt
Billy Haslerr-Cregg
Reuben Noble-Lazarus
Joel Logan
Michael Rose
Dave Syers

Last edited:

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Paul Smith - GK - Keep as GK coach and back-up to Ted Smith
Daniel Bentley - GK - He's gone already. Tribunal fee.
Luke Prosser - DF - Let go. Not good enough.
Cian Bolger - DF - Keep.
Kevan Hurst - MF - Let go. Not played much this season, can use the money elsewhere
Jack Payne - MF - See Bentley
Myles Weston - MF - Let go. Can't finish, crap first touch. Go
David Worrall - MF - Keep, wants to go though apparently
Gary Deegan - MF - Let go. Not effective at this level and would rather play more attacking
Frank Moussa - MF - Only signed last month, give him a one year deal
Noel Hunt - ST - Injured a lot and only 4 goals in 22 games. Let him go.
Jason Williams - ST - Youth striker, sign and actually play him.

Loanees:

Piotr Malarcyzk - DF - Only played once, not bothered either way
Sam McQueen - MF - Fast, pacey, decent pass. Sign if possible.
Glen Kamara - MF - Looks composed and decent on the ball, replace Deegan with him
Tyrone Barnett - ST - Best striker in our team, sign him
Jamar Loza - ST - No way jose. Awful, awful, awful.
Have both Payne & Bentley agreed to join other clubs already?

The Hand of Dom

Reaction score
Supports
Peterborough United
Kgosi Ntlhe - Once a star of the future, now an absolute injury prone heap of shit. Good riddance.
Shaun Brisley - Not good enough for where we are or where we want to go. Release.
Kyle Vassell - Lol. My grandad is better than him at football and he's been dead 13 years. Release.
Gaby Zakuani - Legend. Still our best defender, and a man mountain. Annoying when he flys around the world to play for DR Congo but we can live with that. Keep.
Souleymane Coulibaly - I think there's something there but he was never going to suit a Graham Westley team. I'd keep.
Andrew Fox - He tries, but he's probably mid table league two standard. Get rid.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Kgosi Ntlhe - Once a star of the future, now an absolute injury prone heap of shit. Good riddance.
Shaun Brisley - Not good enough for where we are or where we want to go. Release.
Kyle Vassell - Lol. My grandad is better than him at football and he's been dead 13 years. Release.
Gaby Zakuani - Legend. Still our best defender, and a man mountain. Annoying when he flys around the world to play for DR Congo but we can live with that. Keep.
Souleymane Coulibaly - I think there's something there but he was never going to suit a Graham Westley team. I'd keep.
Andrew Fox - He tries, but he's probably mid table league two standard. Get rid.
I was hoping you'd be getting rid of Zakuani so we could have him back!!

Brisley is an interesting one, he's played quite well for us and can do a good job in Leagues One or Two I feel, I'd take him - But I reckon he will end up back at Northampton.

We aren't signing Jack Payne from you, even if we have the option. Apparently he doesn't want to join anyway as we are a complete circus!

Kim Mitten

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Have both Payne & Bentley agreed to join other clubs already?
Both rejected contracts and Phil Brown has said they are both leaving. Don't think they have agreed to join anyone yet but according to the local rag Huddersfield, Ipswich, Wolves and Sparta Rotterdam are in for Payne.
Tribunal fees will be coming for both. I can't see Southend getting anything near what they would have wanted for Payne, he's only started 52 games, the only thing that will help is that he has been at the club for a while coming up through the yoofs.

Reactions: JJH

The Hand of Dom

Reaction score
Supports
Peterborough United
I was hoping you'd be getting rid of Zakuani so we could have him back!!

Brisley is an interesting one, he's played quite well for us and can do a good job in Leagues One or Two I feel, I'd take him - But I reckon he will end up back at Northampton.

We aren't signing Jack Payne from you, even if we have the option. Apparently he doesn't want to join anyway as we are a complete circus!

It's not certain he'll stay to be fair. He's been on the radio this morning saying he's desperate to stay etc but the club have offered him nothing as of yet!

I don't think Brisley is good enough for League One. His lapses in concentration hurt too much. Not sure Northampton will take the risk.

Haha, blimey. He'll be off somewhere. No idea where but unless McCann gets the job, I can't imagine he'd be welcome back, and even if McCann does, it's still not certain. Shame, he's a good player.

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Posh Payne back here.
As long as Peterborough are prepared to write off the fee they paid us of course!:bg:

Spireite Pigeon

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Out of contract -
Drew Talbot - Keep, solid and reliable player.
Chris Herd - Already gone thankfully
Byron Harrison - Release, not good enough and doesn't work hard
Ritchie Humphreys - Release, too old unfortunately. Would offer him coaching role.
Mani Dieseruvwe - Release, worst striker I have ever seen.
Jordan Slew - Release, offers nothing.
Maguire, Beesley, Onovwigun, Orrell, Donohue - Keep, young future prospects.
Aaron Chapman - Keep, decent second choice keeper
Under contract-
Rai Simons - Keep, quick and solid player. Has a fantastic shot on him, lots of potential
Sam Hird- Keep, player of the year, very good defender.
Dan Jones - Keep, very good left back, fast, strong, and a good tackler.
Angel Martinez - Keep, good central midfielder and passer. Been injured most of this season though.
Gboly Ariyibi - Keep, very quick and skilful winger. If he adds consistency to his game then he will go for a lot of money one day.
Ollie Banks - Sell, rubbish player, doesn't tackle, can't pass, and he doesn't head the ball even though hes tall.
Ebanks-Blake - Sell, proven goalscorer but his wage demands are too much and we can't give him proper service.
Ian Evatt - keep, solid experienced defender, captain material.
Jay O'Shea - Keep, been mostly crap this year but has the ability to score goals and is a talented and creative player.
Charlie Raglan - Keep, young defender who needs to learn the game more.
Dan Gardner - Sell, mostly rubbish but on his day hes unplayable. Other than that he can't do anything.
Liam O'Neil - Keep, alright player even though his feet are made of concrete. Decent passer, and tackler, would make a decent defensive midfielder. Also he apparently cost us 100k so we can't really afford to let him go!
Gary Liddle - Sell, rubbish in every way.
Tommy Lee - Keep, fantastic keeper
Conor Dimaio - Sell, some see him as a future prospect but in reality hes just a waste of money. Doesn't offer much.
Loans -
Lee Novak - Outstanding player, if we can sign him on a perm basic, he will deliver. His wages are an issue though.
Jamal Campbell Ryce - Would be a good signing on a one year deal as hes 33. Hes still a reasonably quick and skilful winger though. Has experience and strength also.

So basically we need at least 8 new players.

Spireite Pigeon

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Neil Kilkenny will almost certainly be released from North End, would be a solid addition to anyone at this level.

Bradford were supposedly interested in January but he opted to stat at Deepdale, probably thinking he could force his way into the team before we signed Pearson.
I'd happily take him at Chesterfield.

This Charming Mike

Reaction score
Supports
Strong Style
The season is over so now is probably a relevant time to do this.

Loans returning to parent club:

Lawrence Vigouroux (GK) - Successful loan spell on the whole, though prone to the odd error. Town will be in the market for a new number 1 in the Summer and a permanent move to Vigouroux could be on the cards.
Jordan Turnbull (CB) - Not quite lived up to the highs of last season's loan spell but still a good defender. Highly unlikely to cut it at Southampton so, as above, could be a Summer target.
Michael Doughty (CM) - Excellent goal-scoring midfielder who Town must look to sign in the Summer, providing he is available.
Louis Thompson (CM) - Norwich's relegation may be a good thing for Thompson and I really think, after three loan spells with Town since his move to East Anglia, he needs to kick on at Carrow Road.

Out of contract:

James Brophy (LWB)
- Keep. Youngster signed from deepest, darkest non-league last Summer, he's looked promising in bursts and is worth another year to see how he develops.
Bradley Barry (RWB) - Keep. Grabbed a bucket load of assists from RWB this season but leaves a little to be desired defensively. Good back-up.
Jamie Sendles-White (CB) - Keep. Would represent competent back-up for next season's centre halves.
Fabien Robert (CAM) - Release. One of a trio of French players (see below) seemingly already shown the door by Luke Williams. Shame, as he's the best of them and impressed earlier in the season.
Drissa Traore (CDM) - Release. Just not good enough.
Jeremy Balmy (LW) - Release. Awful player.
Yaser Kasim (CDM) - Keep. Town have a year's option on Kasim's contract and I expect them to exercise it, if only so they can get a fee for the midfielder in the Summer.
Ellis Iandolo (CAM) - Keep. Another promising youngster who deserves at least another year to develop.
Michael Smith (ST) - Release. Smith was Town's top scorer last season but has spent time on loan at Barnsley and Portsmouth in 2015/16, with owner Lee Power reportedly not a fan of the striker. Therefore, he probably has to go.
Jon Obika (ST) - Keep. Town's best player this season, despite Ajose grabbing the goals and the headlines.
Miles Storey (ST)
- Release. Your average Town fan's internet darling is just not good enough for L1 football.
Josh Cooke (ST) - Release. Had two years to develop and impress and done nothing of note.
Jamie Calvin (ST) - Release. Who?

Under contract for 2016/17:

Tyrell Belford (GK)
Nathan Thompson (CB)
Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill (LWB)
Raphael Rossi Branco (CB)
Anton Rodgers (CM)
Jake Evans (CM)
Nicky Ajose (ST)
Jordan Stewart (CAM)
Jermaine Hylton (ST)
Tom Smith (YTS)
Will Henry (YTS)
Jordan Young (YTS)
Scott Twine (YTS)

OUFC Dan

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Loans returning to parent club:
Jonjoe Kenny(RB) - Been good for us on loan from Everton, would happily have him back, his more defensive approach would fit better in this league
Jordan Evans(LB) - Decent cover, happily see him back to cover Skarz
George Waring(ST) - Been ok, doesn't offer much goal threat, but big, strong and decent technically

Out of contract:
Benji Buchel(GK) -
Happy to have him as cover, offer another year
Chris Maguire(LM) - frustrating at times, but has been amazing in the run in, pure class, keep assuming his wages are reasonable
Jordan Bowery(ST) - Got a good amount of goals when he first joined, but they dried up and he often looks like a Sunday league player, hope we don't offer him a contract, but wouldn't be too upset if he stayed
Johnny Mullins(CB) - Very good season, think he will be backup next year though, if he's okay with that keeo
Josh Ruffles(CM) - Been very good in the run in, having not had a look in all season, really stepped up when needed, not fussed if he gets another year or if we bring in a better replacement
Danny Hytlon(GOD) - Our player of the year, scores goals, amazing work rate and desire, contract for life
Under contract for 2016/17:
Sam Slocombe(GK) -
Get rid, came here with much promise, but he is shocking at coming for crosses and just never looked good enough
Joe Skarz(LB) - Very dependable and solid, massive experience for his age, model pro KEEP
Kemar Roofe(ST) - Hope he stays, inconsistent, but a match winner and just different class to anything i've seen in my short time supporting us, has a very good attitude and I think he'll shine with less defensive teams in League 1, will go for big money if he goes.
Jake Wright(CB) - Had injury problems this year, but a classy defender and has grown into the captain role superbly, another model pro
Liam Sercombe(CM) - Amazing first 3/4 of the season, like a League 2 Gerrard in his prime, faded a bit towards the end but any midfielder who scores 15 league goals is doing something right, KEEP
Alex Macdonald(RM) - Took a long time to get going for us, but wow, what a player, so much energy, very direct and can beat a man and get a decent cross in, KEEP
Callum O'Dowda(LM) - Tough middle to the season but the start he had was superb, and he's ended it like a Championship player, will struggle to keep him, and tbh so long as we get good money for him i'm happy for him to leave to fulfil he potential, something will have to go wrong for him not to play in the Prem and get full Ireland caps
John Lundstram(CM) - Looked far too good for the level for ages, teams cottoned on to him making us tick and had a tough end to the season, but oozes class and like O'Dowda I think he will play in the Premiership before too long
Ryan Taylor(ST) - Slow start for us, then really grew into the season, been injured for ages but i'm happy for him to fight for a place next season, doesn't offer goals but is big, strong and really good hold up play
James Roberts (ST) - Promising young player, difficult year, in which his brother died, hope he goes out on loan again and gets a run of games
Chey Dunkley(CB) - Looked a bit of a donkey early on, now he looks an absolute beast, scores goals, doesn't lose headers and has a bit of pace, if he cuts out the mistakes he'll be in the Championship before too long
Pat Hoban(ST) - Came with very high praise from Ireland, not good enough, hope he finds a League 2 team and proves me wrong though, get rid
Sam Long+Josh Ashby- Young lads too keep as backup, maybe give them each a loan out at some point for games

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Calvin Andrew hasn't wasted any time, signing on for a further season this morning. Obviously enjoying his time with us.

JoeJoeJoeJoe

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry
We have released Reda Johnson, Conor Thomas, Aaron Martin, Martin Lorentzson, Aaron Phillips, Peter Ramage, Marc Antoine Fortune, Stephen Hunt and Darius Henderson.

No idea why we've released Aaron Martin. Was fantastic all season.

The players under contract with the club are:-

Lee Burge
Jordan Willis
Romain Vincelot
Ruben Lameiras
Vladimir Gadzhev
Andy Rose
Reice Charles-Cook
Ryan Haynes
George Thomas
Cian Harries
Ben Stevenson
Jack Finch
Bilal Sayoud

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Out of contract -
Drew Talbot - Keep, solid and reliable player.
Chris Herd - Already gone thankfully
Byron Harrison - Release, not good enough and doesn't work hard
Ritchie Humphreys - Release, too old unfortunately. Would offer him coaching role.
Mani Dieseruvwe - Release, worst striker I have ever seen.
Jordan Slew - Release, offers nothing.
Maguire, Beesley, Onovwigun, Orrell, Donohue - Keep, young future prospects.
Aaron Chapman - Keep, decent second choice keeper
Under contract-
Rai Simons - Keep, quick and solid player. Has a fantastic shot on him, lots of potential
Sam Hird- Keep, player of the year, very good defender.
Dan Jones - Keep, very good left back, fast, strong, and a good tackler.
Angel Martinez - Keep, good central midfielder and passer. Been injured most of this season though.
Gboly Ariyibi - Keep, very quick and skilful winger. If he adds consistency to his game then he will go for a lot of money one day.
Ollie Banks - Sell, rubbish player, doesn't tackle, can't pass, and he doesn't head the ball even though hes tall.
Ebanks-Blake - Sell, proven goalscorer but his wage demands are too much and we can't give him proper service.
Ian Evatt - keep, solid experienced defender, captain material.
Jay O'Shea - Keep, been mostly crap this year but has the ability to score goals and is a talented and creative player.
Charlie Raglan - Keep, young defender who needs to learn the game more.
Dan Gardner - Sell, mostly rubbish but on his day hes unplayable. Other than that he can't do anything.
Liam O'Neil - Keep, alright player even though his feet are made of concrete. Decent passer, and tackler, would make a decent defensive midfielder. Also he apparently cost us 100k so we can't really afford to let him go!
Gary Liddle - Sell, rubbish in every way.
Tommy Lee - Keep, fantastic keeper
Conor Dimaio - Sell, some see him as a future prospect but in reality hes just a waste of money. Doesn't offer much.
Loans -
Lee Novak - Outstanding player, if we can sign him on a perm basic, he will deliver. His wages are an issue though.
Jamal Campbell Ryce - Would be a good signing on a one year deal as hes 33. Hes still a reasonably quick and skilful winger though. Has experience and strength also.

So basically we need at least 8 new players.

Nolan tried to sign Ebanks-Blake for us in the January window on loan from you, but the deal fell through - I THINK due to who would pay his wages.

Millwall_Matt

Reaction score
Supports
'Wall
John Lundstram(CM) - Looked far too good for the level for ages, teams cottoned on to him making us tick and had a tough end to the season, but oozes class and like O'Dowda I think he will play in the Premiership before too long

Best midfielder I saw play against us last season, I thought he was superb in the JPT game at the Den. Keeping him and Roofe could see Oxford have a very good season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!