Players out of contract 2016.

JoshBCFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Definitely not copying the league one thread...

Loans:
Lee Tomlin: We need to sign this guy. He's been great ever since we joined and has played a massive part in keeping us up.
Adam Matthews: Would like to sign this guy, been relatively solid at right-back since he joined.
Nathan Baker: Although it would be lovely to sign him, unfortunately with Villa being relegated to the championship it should be a no-brainier for them to keep him. Been really solid at the back all season, will be a shame when he goes.
Alex Pearce: Done fuck all tbh
Peter Odemwingie: Seems like we should get him on a permanent deal unless he has any objections, and that would be a good move imo.
Not Loans:
Derrick Williams- No point in keeping him really unless we sign another LB. If we don't intend to buy another LB we should try and keep him, think he'll want to move on though.
Scott Wagstaff- Again, doesn't seem to be much point in keeping him and it would be best for him if he left.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Williams definitely needs to go, he's utter tripe. Wagstaff will want to go, rightly so and he'll do well in L1. Is Fielding not OOC?!?!?

PaulWolves

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
Sigurdarsons contract is up at the end of the season, I can't believe we haven't given him another one yet.

JoshBCFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Williams definitely needs to go, he's utter tripe. Wagstaff will want to go, rightly so and he'll do well in L1. Is Fielding not OOC?!?!?
Nope, he signed a 3 year deal last August :lol:

Madejski

Reaction score
Supports
Reading
Out of contract:
Hal Robson-Kanu: Key player when fit, but he'll have eyes on a Prem contract.
Anton Ferdinand: Great at this level if fit, but that if is questionable. Would take him back if he doesn't cost too much/pay as you play.
Simon Cox: As nice as it is he came back and cares for the club, 1 goal in 18 months isn't going to keep him here
Aaron Kuhl: One of our better youth players though not developed very much recently. Need to give him a new contract as his potential could be high.

Loanees returning to their clubs:
Michael Hector, Lucas Piazon (both Chelsea), Matej Vydra (Watford), Ola John (Benfica), Alex Fernandez (Espanyol), Andrew Taylor (Wigan): Don't particularly want to keep any of them. John is good on his day but his transfer fee would be too much for his ability.

Rammy

Lost Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supports
Derby
Twitter
@James_DCFC
Stephen Warnock - Harsh to send him out on loan after his performances before Olsson came in. Will not got a new contract, and expect him to join Wigan permanently.

Conor Sammon - Finally getting rid! :sb:

As for loans, we've not had any this season.

JoeJoeJoeJoe

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry
Aaron Martin - Re-sign pls.
Conor Thomas - One of our highest earners apparently. AHAHAHAHHA
Chris Stokes - Re-sign pls.
MAF - Kill it with fire.
JOB - Going Scunthorpe.
Ivor Lawton - Not good enough. Get rid.
Sam Ricketts - TOO OLD.
Reda Johnson - Too injured.
John Fleck - Probably leaving. Won't cut it in the championship.
Marcus Tudgay - Time for him to go probably.
Aaron Phillips - May as well keep. Seems to have done ok recently.
Darius Henderson - Shite
Stephen Hunt - Shite
Joe Cole - Shite
Peter Ramage - Shite
Martin Lorentszon - Looked ok, could likely get a better player.
Bassala Sambou - Turned us down to go to a prem side supposedly
Lee Burge - Shite

Loan Players

James Maddison - Don't care
Adam Armstrong - Will cut it at a higher level
Jack Stephens - Wouldn't mind permanently.
Gael Bigirimana - What did Pardew do to him.
Jacob Murphy - Was decent but gone off the rails recently.

Destruction

Reaction score
Supports
Not Voting
Twitter
@Cruyff_des
John 'Welshy' Welsh
Neil 'Killa' Kilkenny
Josh 'Browny' Brownhill
Chris 'Kirky' Kirkland

All the current loans have been wank, wouldn't sign any of them permanent.

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
Loans:

Emiliano Martinez: Meh, not good enough.

Adam Le Fondre: Not been given a chance by Jackett, hasn't scored since October. He will leave.

Jeremy Helan: seemed ok, would sign him if he wasn't too expensive.

Not loans:

BJORN IS LEAVING! :milk:

Razak Boukari, 6 games in 4 years. Shame about his injuries, was supposed to be a better prospect than Sako when we signed him.

Tommy Rowe: Shite

Zele Ismail: Shite

Liam McAlinden: Shite

MagpieBee

Reaction score
Supports
Brentford, Newcastle, Chicago Bears
Most of our squad are under contract till 2017, very few under contract beyond then (if we don't get a few more tied down we could be in some trouble next year..)

As for this year:

Loans:

John Swift (Chelsea) - clearly has some talent, but is far too lazy to do well in the Championship, leaves too much work for the full back to do, and his moments of brilliance aren't enough in attack. Leave

Marco Djuricin (Red Bull Salsburg) - when he started the season with us, thought he was the striker we were crying out for last year to play with Gray. Unfortunately after a promising start he picked up a few knocks and hasn't recovered since. He's also clearly not a lone striker so doesn't fit our preferred style of play. Leave

Leandro Rodriguez (Everton) - almost forgot we'd signed him. Think he played once? Leave

Sergi Canos (Liverpool) - has shone in bursts this season, but has a great rapport with the fans and has undoubted potential. Given they have so many young attacking mids Liverpool might let him go, but I think another loan will be more likely. Sign

Out of Contract:

Jack Bonham - backup goalkeeper who has looked fairly useless whenever he's played. Release

Sam Saunders - he's been a great servant to the club (and might have signed a new 1 year deal recently, can't remember now...), if he hasn't signed a new deal, then for me it's time to move on. He won't be the type of player who will help us advance. Release

Everyone else as far as I remember is under contract. I'd be quite happy to see us sell Kerschbaummer, Gogia, and Hofmann, but I reckon we'll keep them for another year. All are on long term deals.

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
Most of our squad are under contract till 2017, very few under contract beyond then (if we don't get a few more tied down we could be in some trouble next year..)

As for this year:

Loans:

John Swift (Chelsea) - clearly has some talent, but is far too lazy to do well in the Championship, leaves too much work for the full back to do, and his moments of brilliance aren't enough in attack. Leave

Marco Djuricin (Red Bull Salsburg) - when he started the season with us, thought he was the striker we were crying out for last year to play with Gray. Unfortunately after a promising start he picked up a few knocks and hasn't recovered since. He's also clearly not a lone striker so doesn't fit our preferred style of play. Leave

Leandro Rodriguez (Everton) - almost forgot we'd signed him. Think he played once? Leave

Sergi Canos (Liverpool) - has shone in bursts this season, but has a great rapport with the fans and has undoubted potential. Given they have so many young attacking mids Liverpool might let him go, but I think another loan will be more likely. Sign

Out of Contract:

Jack Bonham - backup goalkeeper who has looked fairly useless whenever he's played. Release

Sam Saunders - he's been a great servant to the club (and might have signed a new 1 year deal recently, can't remember now...), if he hasn't signed a new deal, then for me it's time to move on. He won't be the type of player who will help us advance. Release

Everyone else as far as I remember is under contract. I'd be quite happy to see us sell Kerschbaummer, Gogia, and Hofmann, but I reckon we'll keep them for another year. All are on long term deals.

Is Hofmann injured? He had a great record for the German u21's, couldn't believe Brentford signed him at the time.

Magic

Reaction score
Supports
Leeds United
Bailey Peacock-Farrell - 19 year old goalkeeper. Make one appearance and expected to play again now we're mathematically safe. Premier League interest reported but likely to sign a new deal.

Mirco Antenucci - Decent enough player. Not a bad finisher and tidy on the ball but maligned after being part of the 'sick six' who refused to play at Charlton last season claiming injury. Needs to play in a two up front and I imagine he'll return to Italy.

Loans:

Liam Bridcutt - Sure to be interest from above us in the league but if Sunderland stay up then we ought to get this over the line or it will be very disappointing. Been a good player in front of the back four for us.

Tom Adeyemi - Started off well but lost his place and never really returned with the arrivals of Bridcutt and Diagouraga. Likely to go back to Cardiff.

Mustapha Carayol - Done okay and chipped in with a couple of goals but not been used as much recently and we need better in an ideal world. Could be signed as a squad player but hard to say whether we'll bother.

MagpieBee

Reaction score
Supports
Brentford, Newcastle, Chicago Bears
Is Hofmann injured? He had a great record for the German u21's, couldn't believe Brentford signed him at the time.
I think there is a player in there, for sure. We haven't set up particularly well to play to his strengths, and he has had quite a few injuries, certainly wouldn't be annoyed if he stayed, I just doubt we'll be able to give him the run in the team he needs

JoshBCFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City

As for this year:

Loans:

Out of Contract:

Sam Saunders signed a one year contract in February

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
John 'Welshy' Welsh
Neil 'Killa' Kilkenny
Josh 'Browny' Brownhill
Chris 'Kirky' Kirkland

All the current loans have been wank, wouldn't sign any of them permanent.

John Welsh has another year, him and Humphrey signed two year extensions in the summer.

http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/new-two-year-deals-for-chris-humphrey-and-john-welsh-2487638.aspx

Hope we keep Brownhill has he has potential but fear he's keen to leave and find regular football.

Kilkenny was good for us in the league below but he doesn't get a sniff here now and Kirkland needs to retire.

Out of the loans, i'd take a punt on Robinson if he is released by Villa.

Madejski

Reaction score
Supports
Reading
Two already out the door. Michael Hector and Lucas Piazon have today gone back to Chelsea

AnkleBiter

Reaction score
Supports
Udders
Twitter
@HuddersLuke
Of our loanee's it looks like the only one we're keeping is Jamie Paterson, who we all rate, but that's depending on Forest's boardroom ongoings.

I'd like to keep Emyr Huws but he's too expensive for us to buy permenantly (think Wigan paid £2m+), and Jed Steer is apparently returning to Villa to be their number one.

Our only 'YAYY HE'S OUT OF CONTRACT' is Ishmael Miller.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
There's actually a chance we might offer Chris Kirkland an extra year!!

Fucking baffling decision if so, would rather have a kid on the bench.

El Guapo

Reaction score
Supports
Birmingham City
David Edgar - almost forgot he was still our player
Neal Eardley - always injured, needs bubble wrapping
Mitch Hancox - progression has stalled, a League 1 player now at best.
Lee Novak - the epitome of a Lee Clark player, happy to see him leave
Mark Duffy - not been given a regular run-out but looks to have found a home at Burton.
Wes Thomas - another uninspired Lee Clark signing

Of the players we've got on loan...
Jon Toral - destined for the Premier League or La Liga
James Vaughan - forced to take him on, already signed a pre-contract agreement.
Will Buckley - out of favour but looked promising early on
Kyle Lafferty - disappointing overall

RUFC1986

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
These are the players out of contract, and its my opinion of what should happen. Warnock, or any new Manager will obviously have their own thoughts.
Paddy Kenny - 1 year extension
Alex Cairns - Release
Adam Collin - Release

Lewis Buxton - Release
Danny Collins - Release
Kirk Broadfoot - 2 year deal
Richard Wood - 1 year deal
Stephen Kelly - 1 year deal
Lloyd Doyley - 1 year deal
Fraser Richardson - 1 year deal

Emanual Ledesma - Release
Paul Green - Release
Jerome Thomas - 1 year deal

Matt Derbyshire - 2 year deal
Leon Best - 2 year deal

So under Contract we have: Lee Camp, Tom Thorpe, Joe Mattock, Aimen Belaid, Greg Halford, Joe Newell, Lee Frecklington, Chris Dawson, Richie Smallwood, Danny Ward, Jerry Yates, Mason Warren.

Reaper

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham
These are the players out of contract, and its my opinion of what should happen. Warnock, or any new Manager will obviously have their own thoughts.
Paddy Kenny - 1 year extension
Alex Cairns - Release
Adam Collin - Release

Lewis Buxton - Release
Danny Collins - Release
Kirk Broadfoot - 2 year deal
Richard Wood - 1 year deal
Stephen Kelly - 1 year deal
Lloyd Doyley - 1 year deal
Fraser Richardson - 1 year deal

Emanual Ledesma - Release
Paul Green - Release
Jerome Thomas - 1 year deal

Matt Derbyshire - 2 year deal
Leon Best - 2 year deal

So under Contract we have: Lee Camp, Tom Thorpe, Joe Mattock, Aimen Belaid, Greg Halford, Joe Newell, Lee Frecklington, Chris Dawson, Richie Smallwood, Danny Ward, Jerry Yates, Mason Warren.

Dont think id offer anybody a new contract tbh, nearly all of those are 30 years and older and i think we could get the same quality of players who are at a younger age, it might seem harsh on the likes of Broadfoot for example whos had a decent season but we need better quality or younger players who are gonna progress if we wonna progress as a football club in this division.

StevieEvansRedNWhiteArmy

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Dont think id offer anybody a new contract tbh, nearly all of those are 30 years and older and i think we could get the same quality of players who are at a younger age, it might seem harsh on the likes of Broadfoot for example whos had a decent season but we need better quality or younger players who are gonna progress if we wonna progress as a football club in this division.

Yep, that post certifies what I thought about you the other day, you haven't got a clue.

First you think we've got a chance of signing Kemar Roofe and now you want to release everybody because they're all nearly 30.

I fucking hate modern day football fans like you, the majority of our out of contract players are currently playing in the side that's 11 unbeaten, I couldn't give a fuck if they were 40 on a run like that.

It's not FIFA 2016 or football manager, age isn't a major issue as long as they still do it on the pitch and they've proven that for nearly a third of the season under Warnock.

Last edited:

StevieEvansRedNWhiteArmy

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Out of contracts;

Paddy Kenny - another 1 year deal.
Alex Cairns - release.
Adam Collin - release.

Kirk Broadfoot - 2 year deal.
Richard Wood - 1 year deal.
Stephen Kelly - 1 year deal.
Lloyd Doyley - 1 year deal.
Frazer Richardson - release.
Danny Collins - release.
Lewis Buxton - release.

Jerome Thomas - 1 year deal.
Emmanuel Ledesma - release.
Paul Green - release.

Matt Derbyshire - 2 year deal.
Leon Best - 2 year deal.
Lucciano Becchio - release.

Loans returning;

Grant Ward - I'd look to resign on another season long loan.
Andrew Shinnie - wank, let go.
Chris Burke - let go.
Shay Facey - wank, let go.

Players under contract;

Lee Camp

Joe Mattock
Aimen Belaid
Mason Warren

Lee Frecklington
Greg Halford
Joe Newell
Richie Smallwood
Chris Dawson
Tom Thorpe

Jonson Clarke-Harris
Jerry Yates
Danny Ward

There's been 6/7 young lads sign pro deals since January too but don't know much about em.

Last edited:

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Out of contracts;

Paddy Kenny - another 1 year deal.
Alex Cairns - release.
Adam Collin - release.

Kirk Broadfoot - 2 year deal.
Richard Wood - 1 year deal.
Stephen Kelly - 1 year deal.
Lloyd Doyley - 1 year deal.
Frazer Richardson - release.
Danny Collins - release.
Lewis Buxton - release.

Jerome Thomas - 1 year deal.
Emmanuel Ledesma - release.
Paul Green - release.

Matt Derbyshire - 2 year deal.
Leon Best - 2 year deal.
Lucciano Becchio - release.

Loans returning;

Grant Ward - I'd look to resign on another season long loan.
Andrew Shinnie - wank, let go.
Chris Burke - let go.
Shay Facey - wank, let go.

Players under contract;

Lee Camp

Joe Mattock
Aimen Belaid
Mason Warren

Lee Frecklington
Greg Halford
Joe Newell
Richie Smallwood
Chris Dawson
Tom Thorpe

Jonson Clarke-Harris
Jerry Yates
Danny Ward

There's been 6/7 young lads sign pro deals since January too but don't know much about em.
Release Becchio? Wasn't he supposed to tear the league up for you, and that we'd kill for a player of his 'quality'?

Reaper

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham
Yep, that post certifies what I thought about you the other day, you haven't got a clue.

First you think we've got a chance of signing Kemar Roofe and now you want to release everybody because they're all nearly 30.

I fucking hate modern day football fans like you, the majority of our out of contract players are currently playing in the side that's 11 unbeaten, I couldn't give a fuck if they were 40 on a run like that.

It's not FIFA 2016 or football manager, age isn't a major issue as long as they still do it on the pitch and they've proven that for nearly a third of the season under Warnock.

So your just happy fighting relegation every season then because if we do offer most of them players a new contract we'll be fighting another relegation battle next season and its a fact, not saying there all rubbish players, i just think we can get the same quality of players at a younger age that can improve and are gonna be around alot longer. I think Broadfoot had a decent season but he lacks alot of pace and i wonna see younger centre backs who are sharp and quick on there feet. Theres gonna be hundreds of free agents at the end of the season in this country, thousands around the world who will be looking for a club and i know for a fact we can attract better players who can take us further as a football club.

The players under contract are rather young that can improve or already championship quality so im glad those players are under contract, we need to build a squad around these players imo.

StevieEvansRedNWhiteArmy

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
So your just happy fighting relegation every season then because if we do offer most of them players a new contract we'll be fighting another relegation battle next season and its a fact, not saying there all rubbish players, i just think we can get the same quality of players at a younger age that can improve and are gonna be around alot longer. I think Broadfoot had a decent season but he lacks alot of pace and i wonna see younger centre backs who are sharp and quick on there feet. Theres gonna be hundreds of free agents at the end of the season in this country, thousands around the world who will be looking for a club and i know for a fact we can attract better players who can take us further as a football club.

The players under contract are rather young that can improve or already championship quality so im glad those players are under contract, we need to build a squad around these players imo.

Redfearn had similar ideas to yourself, where's he? Sacked and had us bottom of the form table in half a season.

Warnocks had us in play off form for a third of the season.

I know which formula works best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!