Players You'd Like To See Your Side Go For In The Summer

PNE Mynx

Reaction score
Supports
PNE
assuming you're going to be in this division (excluding the top three and bottom three in this, so villa, wigan, newcastle, burton etc fans welcome) who are 5 realistic options you'd like to see your team go for within your means regarding budget and player and why.

for us - i've not got massive expectations for next season, grayson's working with a relatively small budget so we'll have to see what he can pull off...

1) Tom bradshaw - deary me how we've missed a clinical striker this season with jermaine being out for the majority of it, i mean garner's got more to his game than goalscoring but hes never going to hit 20 in this league. should walsall not come up he'd probably be available for about 1m, worth a go.

2) adam reach - been sheer class since joining us, surprised boro havent recalled him at any stage so presuming they go up i'd hope he'd be available for transfer ont cheap.

3) kemar roofe - got a mate who is an oxford fan and apparently hes been tearing it for them, worth a cheap punt surely? west brom youth product, why not gamble on him.

4) richard stearman - seemingly fell out of favour at fulham already, wages may be an issue but you dont ask you dont get. he needs to revitalise his career somewhere so why the fuck not.

5) bamford - not cut it in the pl, he's going to have to come back down here and make his name again. i imagine there would be a lot of interest by bigger clubs but he's going to be guaranteed football here. stab in the dark.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
1) Lee Tomlin - 'kin hell I'd love to have this bloke here permanently. I wouldn't imagine he'd come cheap and his wages would be through the roof, but boy is he worth it. Those little moments of quality he has every now and again are worth points on their own, he did it at Fulham, against Brentford, he tore Wednesday's right back a new arsehole etc etc - if it's financially viable and he isn't in Bournemouth plans nor does he attract PL interest then I think he may well come here.

2) Adam Matthews - on loan from Sunderland, been fairly solid since joining us. He's got one hell of a delivery on him, and he's up and down that touchline for the entirety of the game. He epitomises a modern day full-back. Can't imagine he'd cost much, get him in.

3) John Egan - We're going to need a new centre half, much more likely two (on the presumption that Baker won't be staying here, which I don't think he will be) he looks really promising. If we can keep hold of Flint, he'd benefit from having a player like Egan alongside him - he's far from the finished product, but he looks decent defensively and he's a modern centre half. Definitely worth a punt.

4) Dean Marney - Hardly featured for Burnley this season (no idea if he's been injured or not) but he's at the stage in his career where he's probably not going to get much game time in the PL for Burnley presuming they go up, and I can't imagine he'd be that expensive. We're in massive need of a couple of central midfielders, how I'd kill for an assured, experienced head on the ball in midfield. Marney fits that bill. Edit: just looked it up, he's out of contract this summer.

5) Cameron Jerome* - *IF Norwich stay up. Featured a fair few times without scoring prolifically this season for Norwich, and speaking to Munkiki in the box he reckons he's a good Championship striker and not much else. I can't see us spending big on a striker like we attempted to do last season now with Kodjia verging on 20 goals, but we could do with more options up front, as Agard will likely be off back to L1 to find a club, and other than that we only have Wilbraham (and Odemwignie, who probably won't sign here). Worth a punt.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
3) John Egan - We're going to need a new centre half, much more likely two (on the presumption that Baker won't be staying here, which I don't think he will be) he looks really promising. If we can keep hold of Flint, he'd benefit from having a player like Egan alongside him - he's far from the finished product, but he looks decent defensively and he's a modern centre half. Definitely worth a punt.

Out of contract too, although we'd be due a fee if we offer him a new deal, which we'd be ridiculously stupid not to. He'll be in this league with some team or other though.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Out of contract too, although we'd be due a fee if we offer him a new deal, which we'd be ridiculously stupid not to. He'll be in this league with some team or other though.
You reckon? Yeah, Stevenage did that with Freeman, they gave him a 1 year deal knowing he had no intentions of staying but they miles £700k out of him from us.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
You reckon? Yeah, Stevenage did that with Freeman, they gave him a 1 year deal knowing he had no intentions of staying but they miles £700k out of him from us.

Yeah well he's far too good for us, think we'll do alright out of a tribunal though seeing as he's just been named in the team of the year!

Reactions: JJH

StevieEvansRedNWhiteArmy

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Grant Ward - We've not had a right winger with as much quality since Chris Sedgwick. He's epitomised everything that's good about us under Warnock and found his calling as a right winger. He was fucked about too much by Redfearn in the centre and as a 10. His stock must have risen after his performances and he signed a new 5 year deal with Tottenham but another season loan wouldn't be out of the question.

Farrend Rawson - was a shining light in an otherwise miserable period under Redfearn. He's got everything you want in a modern day centre half, can play and heads and kicks when it's needed, quick aswell. He's got plenty championship experience through us already at a very young age and can't see Derby stringing him along for much longer.

Matty Taylor - his goal record speaks for itself, decent age and looks like a poacher which is exactly what we've needed for about 6 years. We have to be realistic with our targets and although he's league two top scorer (?) we should have enough clout to sign him up.

Ollie Watkins - granted I don't know much about him but everytime I watch an extra half hour on the highlights on 5 on a Saturday he seems to be Involved in everything that's good with Exeter and scores some cracking goals. Again we've got to be realistic with our budget.

Adam Le Fondre - we've never replaced him and he's never really recaptured the heights he reached with us. For some players there's always one club they have where it just clicks and I feel that's us for him. He's flirted around with enough sides now to realise where his real home is. Come home ALF.

Madejski

Reaction score
Supports
Reading
Adam Le Fondre - we've never replaced him and he's never really recaptured the heights he reached with us. For some players there's always one club they have where it just clicks and I feel that's us for him. He's flirted around with enough sides now to realise where his real home is. Come home ALF.

Promotion to the Premier League then 12 goals in the PL season + Player of the month award > 25 goal season in League Two.

Aaron-Bcfc

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Ollie Watkins - granted I don't know much about him but everytime I watch an extra half hour on the highlights on 5 on a Saturday he seems to be Involved in everything that's good with Exeter and scores some cracking goals. Again we've got to be realistic with our budget.

I'd love us to sign this lad as well for pretty much the same reasons.

TomPNE94

Big Mak Fan
Reaction score
Supports
Simon Makienok
Twitter
@TomMonks94
assuming you're going to be in this division (excluding the top three and bottom three in this, so villa, wigan, newcastle, burton etc fans welcome) who are 5 realistic options you'd like to see your team go for within your means regarding budget and player and why.

for us - i've not got massive expectations for next season, grayson's working with a relatively small budget so we'll have to see what he can pull off...

1) Tom bradshaw - deary me how we've missed a clinical striker this season with jermaine being out for the majority of it, i mean garner's got more to his game than goalscoring but hes never going to hit 20 in this league. should walsall not come up he'd probably be available for about 1m, worth a go.

2) adam reach - been sheer class since joining us, surprised boro havent recalled him at any stage so presuming they go up i'd hope he'd be available for transfer ont cheap.

3) kemar roofe - got a mate who is an oxford fan and apparently hes been tearing it for them, worth a cheap punt surely? west brom youth product, why not gamble on him.

4) richard stearman - seemingly fell out of favour at fulham already, wages may be an issue but you dont ask you dont get. he needs to revitalise his career somewhere so why the fuck not.

5) bamford - not cut it in the pl, he's going to have to come back down here and make his name again. i imagine there would be a lot of interest by bigger clubs but he's going to be guaranteed football here. stab in the dark.
Bradshaw - not convinced he could do it at this level plus he's made of glass.
Reach - been pretty average imo apart from the odd great game.
Roofe - would be far from a cheap gamble. Imagine Oxford would want at least £1.5mil

Stearman and Bamford aren't bad shouts but doubt we'd be able to afford the wages of either.

Personally, I'd like us to have a look at Sulley KaiKai. Want us to go all out to get Sam Johnstone tied down permanantly this summer too. Think we need another right back too, not convinced by Vermijl but feel Grayson might go for him.

As for a striker, I'd like us to look at a pacy young striker from the premier league on loan. Have a feeling that Grayson will try to sign Doyle permanently though, I wouldn't be too gutted with that, think he's been given a lot of undeserved criticism.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Matty Taylor - his goal record speaks for itself, decent age and looks like a poacher which is exactly what we've needed for about 6 years. We have to be realistic with our targets and although he's league two top scorer (?) we should have enough clout to sign him up
Yeah, Taylor is top scorer in League Two, and he's out of contract at the end of this season. He spoke to a few Scottish clubs in January, but if Rovers go up (god forbid) I think he'll pen a new deal there.

StevieEvansRedNWhiteArmy

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
What heights have Rotherham ever reached?

I was clearly talking about Adam Le Fondre and the heights he hit with us, 54 goals in 96 league appearances, he made his name with us.

Don't want to hear about how good he was for you, you started him in the less than half of his total appearances for you, which is an absolute insult considering you played a dodgy Russian instead.

Reaper

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham
Adam Le Fondre
Caolan Lavery
Sam Winnall
Conor Hourihane
Mark Beevers
Danny Mayor
John Egan
George Moncur
Nicky Ajose
Kemar Roofe
Jake Reeves
John Lundstram

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Adam Le Fondre
Caolan Lavery
Sam Winnall
Conor Hourihane
Mark Beevers
Danny Mayor
John Egan
George Moncur
Nicky Ajose
Kemar Roofe
Jake Reeves
John Lundstram
Planning for League One?

StevieEvansRedNWhiteArmy

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Adam Le Fondre
Caolan Lavery
Sam Winnall
Conor Hourihane
Mark Beevers
Danny Mayor
John Egan
George Moncur
Nicky Ajose
Kemar Roofe
Jake Reeves
John Lundstram

Jesus what you been smoking? Only supposed to mention 5 realistic targets.

Most of them are wild as fuck, I'd only take Le Fondre, Moncur and Roofe out of those and we haven't got the money or clout to compete for Moncur or Roofe.

Reaper

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham
Jesus what you been smoking? Only supposed to mention 5 realistic targets.

Most of them are wild as fuck, I'd only take Le Fondre, Moncur and Roofe out of those and we haven't got the money or clout to compete for Moncur or Roofe.

If we haven't got the money to buy players from league 2 clubs then we need to get the fuck out the championship.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
1. Sam Johnstone (Man Utd) - Quality young keeper, Preston lad, get him signed.

2. John Egan (Gillingham) - Good all-round defender who is still only 23. Think is contract is up and I don't think the tribunal fee would be excessive.

3. Adam Hammill (Barnsley) - Bit of a c*** but he's got the quality if Grayson can get him motivated, only signed a short term deal at Barnsley I think so potentially available for free.

4. Sulley Kai Kai on loan is a good shout, we were supposedly interested in him before we signed Reach.

5. I'd sign Callum Robinson if he's released by Villa, definite potential there.

I'd feel sick if we signed Eoin Doyle (shite), Lindgaard is shit as well. Reach is decent but not worth the money Boro would probably want for him, i'd take Vermijl if he was cheap but think we could do better.

StevieEvansRedNWhiteArmy

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
If we haven't got the money to buy players from league 2 clubs then we need to get the fuck out the championship.

Oxford will want £2m+ for Roofe and said as much in January, pretty sure Colchester wanted something similar for Moncur and that was before he signed a new deal.

We ant got that kind of money and wouldn't ever spend it.

Massive reality check needed for you.

hodge

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Sam Winnall - Can see us letting Agard go, Wilbraham will be another year older so we will need another striker to be back up/rotation with Kodjia, the chance to work with Johnson again could tempt him to come to us over different clubs depending who would be after him, alternate ideas being Tom Bradshaw/Adam Le Fondre.

John Egan - Pretty much the reasons given above, also would be relatively cheap so helpful. Potential alternative could be Nielson from Plymouth, especially if they fail to go up.

Craig Noone - May be wrong but transfermarkt lists him as being out of contract this summer, with Odemwingie only being on loan and Wagstaff's contract also expiring this summer we could well be in the market for a winger, if his contract won't be extended at Cardiff, Bristol isn't a far commute and could mean he wouldn't have to up sticks and move.

Adam Matthews - Some people saying a permanent move had already been arranged after the loan providing we stay up, whether true or not Sunderland staying up could be Matthews leaving the club regardless, we've been on the up since Johnson and LJ brought Matthews in, clearly had enough to entice him in on loan, maybe enough to make in permanent.

Lee Tomlin - Not much needs to be said, has been fantastic for us and if he isn't going to be in Eddie Howe's first team plans he has already said he would rather be playing first team football than sat on the bench/squad player, something we can offer him.

The Hand of Dom

Reaction score
Supports
Peterborough United
Lee Tomlin is absolutely wonderful until he has his hissy fits and becomes the permacunt that he is.

Reaper

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham
Oxford will want £2m+ for Roofe and said as much in January, pretty sure Colchester wanted something similar for Moncur and that was before he signed a new deal.

We ant got that kind of money and wouldn't ever spend it.

Massive reality check needed for you.

£2m+ for Roofe and Moncur pmsl, your deluded as they are if you think they'll get that much for a league 2 player.

Walkley_Owl

Reaction score
Supports
The Wednesday
Adam Le Fondre
Caolan Lavery
Sam Winnall
Conor Hourihane
Mark Beevers
Danny Mayor
John Egan
George Moncur
Nicky Ajose
Kemar Roofe
Jake Reeves
John Lundstram
How many ex Wednesday you want?

hodge

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Lee Tomlin is absolutely wonderful until he has his hissy fits and becomes the permacunt that he is.
May be a case of delaying it as long as possible, but even then there will likely be a club who would then take him providing we don't pay stupid wages which other clubs couldn't match. If it gives us a a year/18 months of quality performances I'd say it may still be worth it.

StevieEvansRedNWhiteArmy

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
£2m+ for Roofe and Moncur pmsl, your deluded as they are if you think they'll get that much for a league 2 player.

There's teams in this division that'd pay it, Bristol City being one of em.

You keep saying league two btw, Moncur has been playing in league one.

The Hand of Dom

Reaction score
Supports
Peterborough United
May be a case of delaying it as long as possible, but even then there will likely be a club who would then take him providing we don't pay stupid wages which other clubs couldn't match. If it gives us a a year/18 months of quality performances I'd say it may still be worth it.

Definitely. He's probably the most talented I've seen at Posh (Martin Samuelsen aside but he was a loanee).

Just a shame he's such a fucktrumpet. He'll fall out with someone eventually and then that's it, you get nothing out of him except snide comments on social media and a few red cards.

TomPNE94

Big Mak Fan
Reaction score
Supports
Simon Makienok
Twitter
@TomMonks94
Definitely. He's probably the most talented I've seen at Posh (Martin Samuelsen aside but he was a loanee).

Just a shame he's such a fucktrumpet. He'll fall out with someone eventually and then that's it, you get nothing out of him except snide comments on social media and a few red cards.
Not Boyd?

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Fucking charming.
:lol:

Had a thought earlier, would your lot welcome Wagstaff back next season? He's out of contract here, it's very unlikely he'll get a new one given the lack of gametime he's been given, and I don't think he'll get another club at this level. He was fantastic in L1 for us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!