Port Fail vs Cwho Alexandra

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Game day!!!!!!! No idea why because Vale look a fairly poor side, but got a bad feeling about this.

Anyway pub soon. COYR !!!!!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Game day!!!!!!! No idea why because Vale look a fairly poor side, but got a bad feeling about this.

Anyway pub soon. COYR !!!!!

Think it's far from a poor side, just poorly managed.

Happy enough with the squad although a little unbalanced still and have some real quality in there, Brown just hasn't a clue how to get the best out of it.

Anyhow hopefully it finally clicks today and Brown gets his tactics right and we take a reaction out on Crewe, hopefully Worrall cures the lack of legs in midfield that's been a major issue first three games.

Last edited:

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
I'll be up a mountain in Spain for this one but ¡vamos!

Buxton Vale

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Twitter
@Buxtonvale1
It's definitely the game to make up for the poor recent results, but does Brown know how to get the best out of his team?

We've a good squad on paper, but something isn't clicking so far.

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Having seen Crewe (albeit 1st game of the season) they looked a steady outfit, and if they keep their 1st choice XI fit they should be knocking on the door of the playoffs.

I havn't seen Vale, but losing to Chesterfield, with their bodged together squad and clueless manager doesn't bode well going into this game.
I can see it being an over 2.5 goal game, with Crewe nicking it as my prediction.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Joe Davis at right back isn't ideal but otherwise appears ok. A 4-4-1-1 it looks with Whitfield behind Pope. Harness and Stobbs out wide and Tongey and debut for Worrall in the middle.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Crewe seem to have travelled with a fair amount of bellends today. Hopefully passes trouble free.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Another calamity of a couple of minutes sees a game we were in control off go to pot.

Red il have to see again but their lads made a meal of it. Stone wall penalty not given and gift them a goal out of nothing.

Depressing.

Referee is a clown. Books Harness doesn't book the Crewe lad for rugby tackling Whitfield as we look to break.

Massive half time. Big ask with ten men.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Absolute sickener to lose that. Even with ten men we dominated long spells and second half should of scored.

Referee was diabolical. Fails to give one of two stone Waller penalties second half, fails to even book their striker for swinging an elbow at Smith... has Smith been their number 11 and gone down maybe a different outcome

Gutted to lose with ten men for so long but far much more to be positive about it after that second half.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Results so far this season have been spot on, but the performances leave a lot to be desired, especially today. Started well, should have scored early on as Bakayogo clipped the bar and Porter missed a sitter. After that we stopped playing, couldn't keep hold of the ball and Vale got on top. They created nothing though, defence held them off comfortably. Scored against the run of play, but what a ball from Cooper, just asking to be headed in.

Red looked a bad challenge, but I'll accept I didn't have the best view of it. Was right in front of the main stand, so the cameras should have a great view. Why Tonge goes flying in like that in that area of the pitch though, brainless and asking for trouble.

2nd half was just plain bad. Shouldn't be getting dominated when we have an extra man. Could have sworn Pope equalised, how that didn't go in, god only knows. Few other chances were close, even if they weren't on target. Not sure what the tactics were in the 2nd half, we didn't sit deep, but we didn't seem too keen on pressing for a 2nd. Our overall play in our last 2 has been poor, but we've done ok in both boxes.

Happy to get the bragging rights back, felt we just about deserved it, even if it felt a touch underwhelming. Still, worth remembering we've been playing make shift defences all season, still don't have our best midfielder fit and are a couple of players short of a full squad. Having 8 points on the board and being unbeaten is a great start. Get a couple of players in(right/centre back and a midfielder) and we'll be in a strong position to push on into September.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
According to Brown the red was for a two footed challenge but on the video is clearly not and doesn't make hardly any contact so who knows.

The header was close may have even been over but hard to tell.

Worry is we now have three real tough games against sides you'd argue are better than what we have faced in Notts County at home and then Coventry and Luton away so could get worse before it gets better. I think we will improve as we gel though.

Shouldn't have played Pope alone first half, won every header like the Pope of old but first half had no one around him to feed of it!

Denton was decent as was Worrall and Whitfield, Pyke had a positive impact.

Worry about Smith though, was outstanding last year against far better opposition yet this year is struggling a bit.

Harness is frustrating.

If we'd played 4-4-2 from the start think we'd have got a positive result but hopefully the second half will be the turning point as it seemed to work and with a man less.

Artell was a complete tool. So educated he cost himself a promotion with his cowardice in 2012-13. Classless. Radio Sjoke should of pulled him up on that.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
DA is pretty nicely educated tbf.

Wouldn't say that. Sounds thick as they come and has made a real stupid comment. Sounded bitter despite winning. Possibly over his antics in 2012.

Brown has made some collosal interview gaffes lately but that one pales them all.

Randolph Haggerty

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I thought it was a red, it was a very poor challenge with studs showing, so I can understand the ref's decision.
Had the pope header gone in I would've fancied us score again, alas it wasn't to be, and crewe had a couple of decent chances to finish it themselves.
Anthony Kay is absolutely clueless, a terrible player, the amount of balls that went straight past him today ( couple of times he didn't even turn around) was scary.
No disrespect to crewe but a better team would've hammered us today.
Still it was a decent atmosphere made by both sets of fans, and wasn't a bad game.
Gonna be a long season for us I fear, joint bottom of the football league is never good, but I still wouldn't sack brown just yet, there were some glimmers of promise today.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Never a red card in a million years. Crewe are a poor side and have used all there luck up for the season. Vale should have had a penalty for hand ball and one of there wank players should have been sent off for an elbow. Having said that I hope we keep losing as at some point that will mean Brown is sacked as 1 upfront and a centre half at right back is abysmal decision making.

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Crewe's form and our shiteness has all the makings of an Alex Annihilation at BP next week. All Dagnall and Cooper need to do is turn up and it's 2-0.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Thought we were very poor today started off bright but after that woeful. Very pleased to have won though, it's the signs of a decent winning games like that. Porter and Dagnall are always worth a goal even when we don't turn up.

Didn't have the best view but it looked a reckless lunge that deserved a red, but will like to see it again. I was convinced Pope had scored when he hit the bar. We hung on well though, which shouldn't have been the case vs a very average Vale side down to 10 men, I'd have liked to see us see that out a bit better.

Didn't seem as many Vale thugs about this time, very dissapointed with no bricks thrown at windows thid year, and a much more subdued atmosphere especially amongst the home supporters.

Anyway delighted with the win, up to 4th in the league and far to much to drink to even contemplate staying up for the fight.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Dave Artell club legend for his on the spot remarks this evening. I wouldn't argue with a man with a BA (Hons) in Forensic Biology too.

Deserved win, I'm not one for all this possession bollocks. The simplicity of the situation was this: We put the ball into the net and Port Vale didn't. Bar Popey hitting the bar they never looked like scoring. The fact Dave Artell is getting a patched-up squad nowhere near their strongest right near the top of the league is credit to a fine manager and for that we must be grateful.

Lot of our fans saying we were poor today are the same fans who'd blast us for not grinding out tight games and getting the result with a slender advantage. We're finally showing the grit and determination required to succeed where Steve Davis' sides failed and if we show more we're in for a much improved season on the last four showers of shit. As I said before, Popey hitting the bar was the only nervy moment we had all game, we absorbed the pressure brilliantly and dealt with it more than adequately on most occasions.

Michael Brown wants to sign player after player after player to patch up his squad and you can see why they're so broken and disjointed. Some of them must be shitting themselves that they'll be in the reserves next week! The collective unit of our makeshift team along with fine game management got us over the line today, and that's why we were full value for the 1-0 victory. Performance wise we weren't entertaining, but we did a job on the Vale, they lost their heads, lost Tonge after conceding and only caused us one serious problem over the 90. Both teams got what they deserved from the game and the result was the correct one.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Dave Artell club legend for his on the spot remarks this evening. I wouldn't argue with a man with a BA (Hons) in Forensic Biology too.

Deserved win, I'm not one for all this possession bollocks. The simplicity of the situation was this: We put the ball into the net and Port Vale didn't. Bar Popey hitting the bar they never looked like scoring. The fact Dave Artell is getting a patched-up squad nowhere near their strongest right near the top of the league is credit to a fine manager and for that we must be grateful.

Lot of our fans saying we were poor today are the same fans who'd blast us for not grinding out tight games and getting the result with a slender advantage. We're finally showing the grit and determination required to succeed where Steve Davis' sides failed and if we show more we're in for a much improved season on the last four showers of shit. As I said before, Popey hitting the bar was the only nervy moment we had all game, we absorbed the pressure brilliantly and dealt with it more than adequately on most occasions.

Michael Brown wants to sign player after player after player to patch up his squad and you can see why they're so broken and disjointed. Some of them must be shitting themselves that they'll be in the reserves next week! The collective unit of our makeshift team along with fine game management got us over the line today, and that's why we were full value for the 1-0 victory. Performance wise we weren't entertaining, but we did a job on the Vale, they lost their heads, lost Tonge after conceding and only caused us one serious problem over the 90. Both teams got what they deserved from the game and the result was the correct one.
I thought we were poor, but I'm delighted about the manner in which we won today. Artell is working wonders, no way would we have won that game 12 months ago. if we keep Cooper and get all our injured players back we will be tough to beat.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
As for his comments, pure genius, further endorses himself to the fans, and creates a great spirit between, players, fans and management.

DARWA!!!!!!!!!!

Buxton Vale

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Twitter
@Buxtonvale1
Glad I didn't go (work). Worrying times ahead as we face a tough few games. I can't see where a win is going to come from right now.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Glad I didn't go (work). Worrying times ahead as we face a tough few games. I can't see where a win is going to come from right now.

Forest Green probably! Although knowing us well beat Luton or something.

I'm less worried than I was this morning oddly. Granted Crewe were modest at best but we shouldn't be losing that and with 11 we wouldn't have once the tactics changed.

The luck wasn't with us today. The Stone Wall penalty not given, Popes header and Pykes flick with went just wide. The elbow incident. When we do click and injuries come back (Crewe fan jizzing over a patched up side when we've also got a number of big players out) we will turn it around I'm sure.

4-4-2 is a must, going 1 up front against Crewe at home was criminal from Brown and he needs to sort it fast, get a settled XI even if we lose a game or two and build on that.

We were where Crewe are now last August in league one and look how that panned out so too early to be worrying or celebrating yet.

Probably need to be a little more streetwise too. The antics of Crewe were poor at times but helped them to a result as we also saw with Wycombe. Smith makes more of the elbow like their number 11 who made a miracle recovery and the referee has more of a decision to make.

Reaction score
Supports
Alex
Don't normally post, but will give it a go today. The Alex could've been 2 up before Dagnall scored. The red looked bob on from where I was ( Vale fans - the ref sent Tonge off not Artell). 2nd half we dropped too deep inviting the crosses, but Porter should've scored. The ref wasn't interested in Popes holding, whoever 7 (guy with pony) should've gone. Got a sore neck from your 'excellent play' in the second half.

To round it off congrats to the bellend on radio stoke calling Dave Artelll because he made an uneducated comment, 'we should've played 442 in the second half'...well that says it all.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Looks harsh sending off on the video. Educated Artell can't count one or two if he thinks it's two footed.

How that Pope header and follow up doesn't go in il never know. mm lower and we get a well deserved point.

Fuzzyvalefan

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

He's got a completely useless degree from a Mickey Mouse university (Chester), he's hardly Stephen Hawking is he?

I have a BSc (Hons) in Biology (a real science) from the University of Manchester (a proper university) and an MSc in Biomedical Science too. Therefore I am officially more educated than Mr Artell. I didn't think it was a red card!

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
He's got a completely useless degree from a Mickey Mouse university (Chester), he's hardly Stephen Hawking is he?

I have a BSc (Hons) in Biology (a real science) from the University of Manchester (a proper university) and an MSc in Biomedical Science too. Therefore I am officially more educated than Mr Artell. I didn't think it was a red card!

You may think that, but then the laws of the game imply that "excessive force" which Tonge so clearly used was punishable with a red card. Give the referee an option and he'll more than likely send him off in the modern game. Referee is only applying the letter of the law and therefore it's a red card.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
He stretched to get the ball and slipped. Hardly excessive and barely touches him. His antics got him the red. Nathan didn't do the same when Porter swung an elbow and kept him on for example.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Did you not see how high his lead foot was? And did you miss the fact it was studs first? Think some people need to educate themselves on the rules of the game. Clear red card in 2017.

Having said that, I think the rules are excessive in some situations, this being one of them. Would never have been a red card 10 years ago. Or even 5 years ago.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
He stretched to get the ball and slipped. Hardly excessive and barely touches him. His antics got him the red. Nathan didn't do the same when Porter swung an elbow and kept him on for example.

At the end of the day, the ref saw it in real time, perfectly clear view, Tonge's foot is so far over the ball and does make contact with his shin so he gave the ref the option to send him off which he did and Tonge can have no complaints within the modern laws of the game.

All a case of what if's and but's but we fully deserved our 1-0 win on the basis that you only seriously troubled Garratt once in the full 90 minutes when Popey hit the bar. Despite us having less of the ball in the second half, we caused Hornby a fair few problems on the counter and could've easily put the game to bed had our finishing been more clinical. Vale weren't a bad side with the ball in my eyes, I thought they were better than Barnet last week for instance, just they're a side that significantly lacks in end product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV