Promotions/Relegations up and down the pyramid

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Step 5:
Promotions only. All posts are dependant on ground grading.

Combined Counties League:
Big results for Camberley Town, as they won and Molesey lost in separate games, meaning the latter cannot overtake purely on games in hand. 91 is the mark Molesey can reach, 93 for Camberley. Huge swing in the two horse race.

Eastern Counties League:
No promoted team - discussed previously.

Essex Senior League:
Bowers & Pitsea play Tuesday, Harringey Borough didn’t play Monday, and do play Wednesday. As before. If Bowers & Pitsea win their games in hand they will trail Harringey by 6, and both will have 6 more games on top of those to play. Hectic. Barking still in the mix, in cup action Wednesday, but have played more league games than the others anyway. Hectic, Harringey favourites.

Hellenic League:
Another mistake in my previous postings, Flackwell Heath only had 3 points to catch, and not 6! This means Flackwell Heath are nearly promoted, despite their superior GD and the fact that Highmoor Ibis who they caught have finished their season, the technicality of the possibility of losing all their remaining games by enough means they need a solitary point more to be over the line!

Midland Football League:
Basford grab another 3 points closer to the title and promotion, confounded as Coleshill lose at Kirby Muxloe (who might be moving sideways in to the UCL). Still a while to go before this becomes certain, but Basford now 6 clear if Coleshill win both games in hand.

Northwest Counties League:
Runcorn Linnets dropped two points in a local derby loss, while Glossop were able to pick up maximum and cut the gap down to 6 points, still with 5 games in hand! Belief must be strong in the camp there now. 1874 Northwich also close in by 2 points to 19 behind with 3 in hand. Not impossible, but I don’t see it happening.

Northern Counties East League:
Shaw Lane play a Tuesday evening game, while most of the league didn’t have bank holiday fixtures. Still Worksop 5 ahead and Shaw Lane with 3 games in hand. Cleethorpes a further one behind, but no games in hand.

Northern League:
No promoted team. See previous post for more info.

Southern Counties East League:
Draws for both Phoenix Sports and Erith & Belvedere in separate games, but Ashford capitalise with a win, but Phoenix chip one off the total they need for promotion, with just 5 more to go. Ashford moved ahead of Erith & Belvedere.

Spartan South Midlands:
Fixtures Tuesday. Kings Langley can take the title with 6 more points, but promotion can come earlier as 2nd placed London Colney didn’t apply. 3 points would secure that regardless of AFC Dunstable’s result on Wednesday. Anything else and they either have to see Dunstable fail to better their result, or wait for the next game.

Sussex Counties League:
Dorking won and take another step closer to title and promotion, another case where the latter can be won first over teams behind 2nd placed Littlehampton who did apply, though their draw does give Dorking further initiative in the title race too. Eastbourne Town dropped 2pts, as did Pagham. If I’ve calculated this right, Dorking have won promotion - though they don’t seem to know it (and I missed it before!) They are guaranteed to finish in the top 3 and simultaneously above all other promotion applicants. If their grading is up to standard, they are promoted. Absolutely nobody else I can find reporting them as having won promotion though...

United Counties League:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
got more than the point needed, and are now promoted after taking home all points. Now leading the division by 9 points with 4 games to go, the title also looks all but won.

Wessex League:
Petersfield won their game, and with it a chance at promotion in their next game. Winchester City won, so the title and promotion not over yet. Petersfield in action next Saturday at home with a chance to win this one. Winchester draw and the same is good enough. Winchester lose and it doesn’t even matter.

Western League:
With an odd number of teams in this division it was Melksham who missed out on playing, and as such had to await Slimbridge’s result. They may have been happy to see Slimbridge win, as now they get to go there on Saturday, and anything but a loss hands them promotion.

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Overview after Monday - New promotions and relegations:

Trafford relegated from the Northern Premier League Premier Division
Merthyr Town promoted from the Southern League Division 1 South & West
Kettering Town promoted from the Southern League Division 1 Central
Brigg Town relegated from the Northern Premier Division 1 South
Dorking Wanderers promoted from the Sussex County League*
AFC Rushden & Diamonds promoted from the United Counties League

*Pending ground grading result, but information suggests a pass.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Peacehaven might be forcibly demoted from the ILP because they have not upgraded their ground to the necessary standard.

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Peacehaven might be forcibly demoted from the ILP because they have not upgraded their ground to the necessary standard.

Presumably this will be down one level, with the only effect being a reprieve at ILP? If this is the case then it's pretty clear that there will be one at Isthmian and one at Northern, with the propagation stopped as they only fall the one level.

Other news regarding the midweek fixtures (only in the undecided leagues):

Step 2 - everything on hold until Sat.

Step 3:
Northern - None until Sat.
Southern - Poole play one of their games in hand on leaders Corby aiming to cut the gap at the top. A momentum decider in the title race on Wednesday.
Isthmian - Just the big game at the top for Hendon on Thursday, travelling to Margate. Must win for their title hopes.

Step 4:
Northern - North - New Mills host Spennymoor, needing anything from this game in hand on those around them.
.................South - Mickleover and Leek both in action at the top separately. Mickleover can be promoted if they win AND Leek lose. Any win puts them in touching distance for Saturday.
Southern -
Isthmian - None.

Step5: (10 leagues undecided, 2 promoted, 2 not promoting)
CCL - Big game for Molesey on Wendesday. A few more before anything decided, but momentum swinging away from them esepecially if they fail to win.
ESL - Only midweek game at the top is Haringey getting a chance to stretch their lead. Can barely believe Bowers & Pitsea not playing with 7 more fixtures to fulfil! Are they in a cup?
Hellenic - Flackwell Heath can get the point they need on Wednesday. As previously mentioned they have effectively won it.
Mids - Nothing until Saturday
NWCL - Glossop play back to back games Wednesday and Thursday. Two wins will put them top of the pile on GD, leaving 3 games in hand. 1874 Northwich also have a game to keep their slender hopes alive.
NCE - Nothing involving the big teams left to play, Shaw Lane Aquaforce did get a win on Tuesday in one of their games in hand, now 2 points behind with 2 games in hand.
SCE - No games for top teams until Saturday
SSM - In Tuesday's attempt at promotion Kings Langley lost. They can however clinch promotion if AFC Dunstable lose on Wednesday.
Wessex - Nothing until Sat.
Western - Waiting for Sat too.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Yes, Peacehaven would be relegated back to the IL1S.

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Norton United are to fold (a separate thread on this).

This obviously has relegation impacts, but leaves one big question: Where are Norton United placed at the end of the season? If they resign (from NPLD1S) after seeing out all their fixtures, does their league position get maintained? If so then this leads to a reprieve in division, or certainly at least in the Northern divisions. If get put last, it has effectively the same outcome, except it then makes Brigg Town, who will be second bottom and highest side to be relegated in the division eligible for a reprieve if the number hits 6.

There may be more on the way depending on the outcome of ground gradings etc, but not going through all the teams it might affect, one still awaiting the outcome are apparently Tividale, who play in the NPLD1S and if they failed would give a reprieve, most likely in division...

Given that both clubs would have completed all fixtures and the final league table would stand, I would view it as both potentially giving reprieves. It then would be up to the FA which stance they wanted to keep up most - that reprieves should be in division, or that bottom teams shouldn't be reprieved (n.b. implication is reprieves numbered 7 and 8 will go exclusively to Isthmian 23rd placed teams due to having more clubs, and then no more reprieves will be allowed - potentially extra promotions to counter this if required).

As it stands, 9 clubs will be effectively relegated (instead of 14).

Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
This league is soo easy! Why did it take us 5 games to get going. If we dont go up this season we will definately be getting 100+ points next season!! So you better all hope we go up this year my fellow tinpotters!

Modernist

Reaction score
Supports
Freedom
Poole town lose their 3rd on the bounce, could have been in a fantastic position to win the league, nerves?

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Poole town lose their 3rd on the bounce, could have been in a fantastic position to win the league, nerves?

Worst part of the season to lose your form in!

Leaders Corby have the following three remaining games:
Truro (A) (3rd)
Weymouth (A) (5th - level with the team in 4th with a game in hand)
Poole (A) (2nd)

If Corby do go up, despite Poole's bad run of form, they will deserve it having fought from being told they pretty much had no chance a few weeks back when they were trailing and Poole had games in hand.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
This league is soo easy! Why did it take us 5 games to get going. If we dont go up this season we will definately be getting 100+ points next season!! So you better all hope we go up this year my fellow tinpotters!
:fl: What makes you so sure of that?

Gashead

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers

:ffs::ffs:

Yes, because it always works like that. When Wrexham didn't go up with 98 points, they stormed it the season after. When Oxford and Luton got in the play-offs in their first season, they stormed it the year after.

For an 'easy' league we've dropped a hell of a lot of points against teams around the bottom of the table away from home. Just because we're performing well at the moment doesn't mean Rovers fans should start disrespecting the league.

LondonOrn

Reaction score
Supports
Watford
I was wondering why Scarborough Athletic weren't getting a mention on this thread, but I see they've slipped down the table somewhat since the last time I looked (I could have sworn they were top 2 or 3 not so long ago). Still, not a bad season for their second above county league level.

As for Stockport, I was hoping they'd do a late surge towards the play-offs but it's never really looked likely even with several of the teams above dropping points like trees shedding leaves in autumn. Next season has to be their year, surely - to be even playing at this level is an absolute disgrace for a club of their size, never mind for a third successive season.

Last edited:

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
Why would you go and say something like that . You were moaning on about how shit we were when we drew with macc . Bizarre

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Don't clutter this thread with talk of Bristol Rovers, it's meant to be steps 2-5 since the conference national is so well covered on this forum anyway! There was midweek action and now it's been played time for the update!

Midweek review:

Step 3:
Southern - Corby take a step towards the title while watching twitter nervously with Poole falling to a 3-2 home loss! Mentioned above the fixtures the leaders have left. Could all come down to a last day 1st vs 2nd game!
Isthmian - Hendon visited Margate and played out a thrilling 4-4 draw (well I assume it was thrilling, I've never seen a boring 4-4....). The dropped points mean Hendon can no longer go top ahead of Maidstone if they win their other game in hand. This was a really tough one with Margate in 3rd possibly setting up a preview of the playoff final

Step 4:
NPLD1N - New Mills lose some of the PPG total having fallen to defeat. No surprises at loss to Spennymoor who are cementing a playoff place.
NPLD1S - Tividale beat leaders Mickleover Sports, and 2nd place Leek Town won. That gap has dropped to 10 points now with Leek having two games in hand. Mickleover have 3 games remaining in which to drop 4+ points to open that door, so will probably still take the title, but it might be closer than it looked last weekend! Neither of the two in danger were in action, though will probably be bouyed by rumours and news elsewhere. Norton's resignation will 99% mean that both of them are safe, and already relegated Brigg Town *might* be handed a lifeline.

Step 5:
CCL - Molesey won 5-0 and now trail leaders Camberly Town by 6 with a game in hand. The two will meet in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned.
ESL - Harringey maintained their lead. Bowers & Pitsea played Tuesday - another mistake of mine! They do still have 7 remaining as I was looking at what they already had! Harringey look like they will do it, but pleanty of games with them having another 5 too.
Hellenic - I was expecting to break out the bold font, but a P-P puts paid to that. Flackwell can try to get promoted again Saturday.
NWCL - Glossop look like they are going up! 2 days, 5 goals and 6 points and they are top of the table on GD with 3 games in hand. Who says a cup run is bad for your season?!?
SSM - AFC Dunstable drew, not quite enough for Kings Langley, who Dunstable could theoretically overtake in GD, though they are behind in that count too obviously.

Reprieves update:
Overall the relegation reprieve situation at step 4 has become a little murky with Norton resigning. I will treat it as if it were an in-division NLD1S reprieve, as it will probably effectively prove to be, or make little difference. If one or two more crop up though it will make a difference! Hopefully the Northern League or FA will make a statement on how it will be treated. Another one might crop up soon with rumours mentioned that Tividale will fail to achieve the "D" grading required to stay at step 4. Again how that would be treated would be interesting since they are actually in the same NLD1S

Weekend preview tomorrow.

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
Don't clutter this thread with talk of Bristol Rovers, it's meant to be steps 2-5 since the conference national is so well covered on this forum anyway! There was midweek action and now it's been played time for the update!

Midweek review:

Step 3:
Southern - Corby take a step towards the title while watching twitter nervously with Poole falling to a 3-2 home loss! Mentioned above the fixtures the leaders have left. Could all come down to a last day 1st vs 2nd game!
Isthmian - Hendon visited Margate and played out a thrilling 4-4 draw (well I assume it was thrilling, I've never seen a boring 4-4....). The dropped points mean Hendon can no longer go top ahead of Maidstone if they win their other game in hand. This was a really tough one with Margate in 3rd possibly setting up a preview of the playoff final

Step 4:
NPLD1N - New Mills lose some of the PPG total having fallen to defeat. No surprises at loss to Spennymoor who are cementing a playoff place.
NPLD1S - Tividale beat leaders Mickleover Sports, and 2nd place Leek Town won. That gap has dropped to 10 points now with Leek having two games in hand. Mickleover have 3 games remaining in which to drop 4+ points to open that door, so will probably still take the title, but it might be closer than it looked last weekend! Neither of the two in danger were in action, though will probably be bouyed by rumours and news elsewhere. Norton's resignation will 99% mean that both of them are safe, and already relegated Brigg Town *might* be handed a lifeline.

Step 5:
CCL - Molesey won 5-0 and now trail leaders Camberly Town by 6 with a game in hand. The two will meet in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned.
ESL - Harringey maintained their lead. Bowers & Pitsea played Tuesday - another mistake of mine! They do still have 7 remaining as I was looking at what they already had! Harringey look like they will do it, but pleanty of games with them having another 5 too.
Hellenic - I was expecting to break out the bold font, but a P-P puts paid to that. Flackwell can try to get promoted again Saturday.
NWCL - Glossop look like they are going up! 2 days, 5 goals and 6 points and they are top of the table on GD with 3 games in hand. Who says a cup run is bad for your season?!?
SSM - AFC Dunstable drew, not quite enough for Kings Langley, who Dunstable could theoretically overtake in GD, though they are behind in that count too obviously.

Reprieves update:
Overall the relegation reprieve situation at step 4 has become a little murky with Norton resigning. I will treat it as if it were an in-division NLD1S reprieve, as it will probably effectively prove to be, or make little difference. If one or two more crop up though it will make a difference! Hopefully the Northern League or FA will make a statement on how it will be treated. Another one might crop up soon with rumours mentioned that Tividale will fail to achieve the "D" grading required to stay at step 4. Again how that would be treated would be interesting since they are actually in the same NLD1S

Weekend preview tomorrow.
I apologise jemfy . Just couldn't let that unfiltered bullshit go unchallenged . :dis:

Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Cmon i know its the non league thread but anything lower than conference nobody gives the slightest darn about!

Southern Shayman

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax Town
Cmon i know its the non league thread but anything lower than conference nobody gives the slightest darn about!

I was just thinking the other day about how graceful the Bristol fans are on here considering the size of club they are and the level they find themselves at.

Then this clown arrives. :ffs::bang:

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Agree with the comment above, nice to watch teams as they rise, see who we might be playing in a couple of years time.

I'm looking forward to FCUM getting into the Vanarama, they should be well supported and Manchester is a pretty good place to go for an away game.

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
What can happen this weekend:

Step 2:
North
3 points seperate Barrow from AFC Fylde in 2nd, with 3 more to play each after Saturdays fixtures. Barrow have to play relegation candidates Brackley. It's still very tight at the bottom with just 1 points between 19th and 21st. Nothing can be decided this weekend, though gaps can open up in important places.

South
Top two are level here, and the next two are only 2pts behind the top pair! This has turned in to a real tight battle involving more teams than I expected! Advantage probably to the two with 3 games to play instead of 2 - Bromley and Basingstoke. At the other end things are much clearer and Farnborough can go down - the short version being that they need to catch at least a point on Hayes & Yeading, or 2 on Maidenhead.

Step 3:
Northern
FCUM currently hold a 7pt lead over Ashton United. Both have 5 remaining games including Saturday's fixtures - so nothing can be wrapped up at the top yet. Indeed a few other teams could theoretically catch the leaders.
Trafford were already relegated at the bottom, the next pair of relegation spots will not be certain for at least a couple of rounds of games more.

Southern
Corby could pull off one of the greatest title race comebacks at any level, but there isn't a chance it could be decided right now, a 5 point gap and 2 games in hand for Poole means they could still go ahead from those matches. Considering form, if it wasn't for their fixtures, Corby would be favourites. At the wrong end Banbury are looking more and more reliant on winning two games in hand, which I wouldn't bet on. They are now in mathematical danger too, should they lose and both Frome and Biggleswade win they could drop. The same actually goes for Arlesey who are 7 points ahead.

Isthmian
Maidstone could theoretically open up the gap to 7 points at the top, with Hendon going down to 3 games remaining it still can't be decided, it could also close to just a point! The bottom end is much more of a mess though, as Hornchurch could go down, but it requires a loss, 3 specific teams to win, and a further one to pick up at least a point! Curiously though due to having played one more, the same also goes for Witham who face one of the three who must win - Tonbridge Angels. It won't all happen, but it could! n.b. For Hornchurch, the lower placed team to get relegated, Witham must also be relegated, but the reverse isn't true.

Step 4:
NPLD1N
Still nothing decided at the top end - looks like it could even be GD on the last day of the season. At the bottom end Padiham are gone, New Mills are 6 adrift and could theoretically go 9 behind with 3 to play. Not quite initial official relegation danger. As I see it they are a reprieve anyway! As before, because the FA can turn around and make any decisions they want, I'll keep the reprieve talk separate.

NPLD1S
The league causing the reprieve headaches, at least matters at the top of the table are sensible - Mickleover need to win, and Leek Town lose for the gap to go up to 13, with Leek going down to 4 games remaining. Everyone else already can't catch them. In terms of official relegation spots, it's been a two horse race between Rainworth and Kidsgrove for a while, currently still seperated on GD. Both play, and of course nothing can be settled. It should also be remembered that Kidsgrove still have that game in hand.

SLD1C
Title decided it all becomes about the bottom two here anything but a win and they are down. They also need Beaconsfield to lose. Very simple, 9 behind with 3 to play!

SLD1S&W
Again title gone, Bashley need results if they want to not finish bottom, and have a chance at the reprieves that will be flying around! Bishops Cleeve trail Wantage by 8, and need to haul that gap down to 6 to have a mathematical chance of staying up.

ILD1N
Needham and Harlow neck and neck here, potentially going in to a title decider next week they are separated by just 1pt. One of them will be able to win it next week. Still tight at the bottom with two more relegation spots to be decided, they aren't going this weekend. Realistically only one remains due to impending reprieves which will certainly go to both Isthmian league divisions.

ILD1S
Burgess Hill can extend their dominance. It's a testament to this leagues top end that two more teams could get 100pts! Horsham have been on the precipice for a while now, still 8 points adrift of the official safety mark they need to win and have either East Grinstead or Hastings fail to do so to stay up.

Step 5: (Omitted those leagues with no promotion to play for)
CCL - still too many games for this to be called. Half an eye on next week where the top 2, both promotion candidates play each other. Currently separated by 4 points with chasers Molesey with a game in hand over Camberley Town. That will be extended to 2 games in hand as Molesey draw the short straw of being the odd team in this 21 team division.

ESL - Harringey can make sure 2nd placed Barking can't catch them mathematically with a win. Bowers & Pitsea are their danger team though with 2 games in hand on the leaders, whereas Barking have actually played more. Nothing to be decided today, with the gap 12 points. B&P play Sat - Mon - Wed - Sat, so matters will be a lot clearer by this time next week, though Harringey do also have a midweek match.

Helenic - After their postponed game Flackwell Heath again need any points to get promoted! Still farcical that the runners up have finished their season.

Mids - Basford currently have a 14 point lead. If they can extend it to 16 they can win it, with 2nd placed Coleshill having 5 further games remaining after the weekend. Basford must win and Coleshill fail to do so. Basford could be celebrating promotion vegetarian style - with Quorn.

NWCL - With the top 2 level on points Glossop hold the advantage with 3 games in hand and superior GD. Nothing to be decided yet though.

NCEL - Shaw Lane Aquaforce played a Friday night fixture, beating Maltby Main 5-0 to go top with a game in hand and a 1pt lead. Worksop Town can retake top spot as the gap will go back to 2 games in hand.

SCEL
- Pheonix Sports could extend their gap to 12 with the top pair going down to 4 to play each. Not quite enough for mathematical of course.

SSM
- Kings Langley need just a point, or for AFC Dunstable to fail to win should they lose.

Wessex
- Petersfield can win this league with a win. The current gap is 7, so they just need to maintain it if they don't win. Winchester City being the team they need to edge out.

Western
- This one is the bane of trying to do something like this! I have two tables from two sources which are showing a 2pt difference for Slimbridge, - the team who have applied for promotion who can overhaul Melksham - and 1 for Melksham, though attributing them an extra game played, which isn't the case for Slimbridge. The Melksham site also puts them as the same as the official Western League site, but this could just be a copied table... At least they simplify things by playing eachother. Either way if Melksham win, they are the promoted side. If they have ground grading. Which they might not because they were meant to be moving grounds for next season, but that has just been cancelled. A draw based on this table would also promote Melksham, only a loss would see it delayed. If Slimbridge did win that other game and not draw (which is the only source I can assume), then a draw isn't enough regardless of if Melksham have played an extra draw or not. Simple eh? Anyone down in that region able to help me out?!?

Things that can happen list:
Farnborough (R) - Fail to catch points on either Hayes & Yeading (1+) or Maidenhead (2+)
Arlesey (R) - Lose, Biggleswade and Frome both win.
Banbury United (R) - Lose, Biggleswade and Frome both win.
Witham Town (R) - Lose to Tonbridge Angels , Hampton & Richmond at least draw, and Harrow Borough and Peacehaven & Telscombe win.
AFC Hornchurch (R) - Lose, Hampton & Richmond at least draw, and wins for Harrow Borough, Tonbridge Angels and Peachaven & Telscombe
North Greenford United (R) - Fail to win or Beaconsfield SYCOB pick up any points
AFC Hayes (R) - Fail to win or Beaconsfield SYCOB pick up any points.
Bishops Cleeve (R) - Fail to win, or Wantage Town win.
Horhsham (R) - Fail to win, or Hastings and East Grinstead both win.
Flackwell Heat (P) - At least draw with Cheltenham Saracens.
Basford (P) - Win at Quorn, and Colesehill lose or draw.
Kings Langley (P) - A point, or AFC Dunstable fail to win.
Petersfield (P) - Win, or Winchester City fail to better their result.
Melksham (P) - Win against rivals Slimbridge. Draw and they might be up! Please win...

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Apologies for those expecting updates, things have been a bit mental!

Here is a quick update:

Step 2:
North
Barrow had a costly loss to relegation candidates Brackley, which was further compounded on Monday as Fylde gained a further 3 points, though their draw on Saturday might seem an opportunity missed. A good chance for Barrow to get top of the pile tonight. At the bottom Brackley have moved up to being in the relegation zone only on GD thanks to that win. Leamington's loss looks costly though 3 points behind.

South
Bromley gained top spot by 2 points as Boreham Wood could only draw with Ebbsfleet. Bromley's game in hand is huge and could win them the title as Boreham Wood only have a single game left (and a 5pt lead over the next team to also have played 38). Farnborough were relegated with a loss, with little care that the pair above them both won.

Step 3:
Northern:
FCUM are 5 points away from the title if other teams get maximum. A missed chance after their draw, but Ashton United losing helped them out. Frickley were the big winners at the bottom, mostly because everyone else drew! Those 2pts put them back above Stamford who have also played a game more, and in to the safe zone.

Southern:
Corby Town were pegged back after falling to a late defeat at Truro which seemed to cause a lot of animosity between the chairman of the latter and many others on twitter! Poole failed to fully capitalise though as they could only draw at home to Hitchin, Poole now 4 points behind, 2 games in hand, but the final match of the season is between the top 2... At the other end Banbury scored a huge 3-0 win over Weymouth to give them some semblance of hope of staying up, while damaging Weymouth's chances of the playoffs. Arlesy drew, keeping them in the last relegation spot, 3 points behind Frome - who didn't play and now have a game in hand.

Isthmian:
Maidstone's win coupled with Hendon's draw pretty much closes the title race in all but mathematics. Maidstone have a 6pt lead with 2 to play, but Hendon do have a game in hand. VCD were one of the only teams not to lose at the bottom, their 3pts lifts them out of the bottom 4 for now. Hornchurch look more when than if, given that then would need to win their 3 remaining games to have a chance!

Step 4:
NPLD1N
Darlo and Salford both picked up wins to retain the status quo at the top of the league, though Darlo pushed their GD advantage up by another. New Mills grabbed a win on Saturday, but fell to defeat again last night. Radcliffe Borough retain a 6 point gap having also won. Now with just 2 to play Radcliffe Borough only need a point to retain their position and make New Mills fight for a reprieve since they can still be caught by bottom club Padiham.

NPLD1S
Mickleover all but promoted, 12 ahead with their rivals having 4 games left. Leek fell behind further due to their draw with Spalding while the leaders took another resounding win. I'm throwing in the towel on the relegation in this league though, as Norton United have already resigned, Rainworth Miners Welfare have now resigned. With rumours about Tividale's ground grading still flying (officially failed and now in appeal), if the FA decide to stick to their rule of always relegating the bottom club, then this league could be seeing 4 out of the bottom end instead of 2! Bottom club Brigg have made sure the FA don't have to make a decision and resigned as well though! Rumour has it that the NPL were going to place Norton last and let Brigg be reprieved, which they didn't want! This whole situation is a mess.

SLD1C
AFC Hayes decided to put some light between them and North Greenford, the latter could only draw while AFC Hayes won. Beaconsfield grabbed a draw though, so it only matters in terms of reprieve available positions - AFC Hayes Relegated, North Greenford Relegated. This one is all wrapped up except playoffs and reprieves officially.

SLD1S&W
Cleeve bashed the bottom club for 4, and with it kept the slightest glimmer of hope as Wantage could only draw at Sholing. Given the goal differences and the fact that Bishops Cleeve can now only stay up on GD officially, that's a field they aren't going to overturn! The advantage Wantage have is 33! 2 games each left. Bishops Cleeve all but relegated.

ILD1N
Needham and Harlow both won again, still a single point separating the pair. This Needham could theoretically win it next Saturday when the pair meet! Harlow have it in their own hands of course as two wins will see them lift the title too, but a loss and Needham can take it on the day! Barkingside's loss is bad for them, but their game in hand could make things better. Romford and Cray both scored big wins while losing could also affect Redbridge who fall in to the relegation zone again on GD. Still very tight at the bottom here!

ILD1S
Horsham are relegated thanks to their loss. Redhill sit precariously 6 points behind safety with 2 games remaining. If Ramsgate beat Guernsey on Tuesday evening then Redhill will also be relegated. Big home advantage in an important game for Ramsgate in their own bid for survival.

Step 5:
CCL - This doesn't add up to my previous posting, which just goes to show how difficult these results and tables can be to find accurately... but Molesey are trailing by 6 points with 3 games in hand having sat out this weekend, while Camberley Town have won. One of those games in hand comes during the week.

ESL - Bowers & Pitsea closed the gap, but not as well as they would have liked with a draw on Saturday follwed by a Monday win. Haringey did get their win. Should Haringey win at home to Stanstead and Bowers & Pitsea fail to win then Haringey will wrap this one up.

Helenic - The leaders won in the farcical league - Flackwell Heath are promoted after Highmoor Ibis finished their season weeks ago. They could have lost all their games and won it so long as their GD didn't drop too much!

Mids - Basford grabbed a cricket score win 6-0, but the gap is 12, not the 14 noted above. Again a mistake riddled in here! Basford do get another opportunity - win and Coleshill don't, and they are promoted. Draw and Coleshill lose would work too.

NWCL - Glossop have been going full throttle, and fair play to them. They now lead by 4 points having only drawn with Runcorn Town on Monday's game in hand, but a win while Runcorn Linnets lost on Saturday gifted them a greater margin for error. 6 points from promotion. Win again this week and their first chance will be next weekend!

NCEL - Worksop lost, meaning the Aquaforce stay top by 1pt with 2 games in hand! They can extend that lead, but decide nothing with their midweek game.

SCEL
- Pheonix Sports lost to 2nd placed Ashford United, cutting the gap down to 8. 4 to play each, so Ashford have given themselves the best possible chance.

SSM
- Kings Langley won, and are promoted

Wessex
- The top 2 both won, but with 2 left to play each, that's good enough for Petersfield Town to be promoted

Western
- I give up! I can't keep track of this one, and Melksham may have failed ground grading, or be going to - I can't even keep track of the rumours!

Things that can happen Midweek:
FCUM (P) - Win and both Workington and Ashton United fail to do so.
Banbury (R) - Lose to Poole and Frome win
Mickleover Sports (P) - Leek Town fail to beat Gresley
New Mills (R) - Padiham get a point or more on Tuesday.
Redhill (R) - Ramsgate beat Guernsey at home
Haringey Borough (P) - Win and Bowers & Pitsea fail to win their game on Wednesday.
Basford (P) - Win and Coleshill fail to do so. Should Coleshill lose, a draw would be enough.

Cardsfan

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
Cheers for doing this mate, keep up the good work.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
FC United love a wobble, three games without a win, if they don't finish this off they'll never go up.

Mind you, potential for a right ding-donger on the last day it does go down to that against Workington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!