Saturday 13th August 2022

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Nope will serve his one match ban Tuesday at home to Morecambe and be ready for you lot come Saturday
Either Aimson or Iredale will play Tuesday more likely Iredale which would allow John to come in at lwb
Morecambe are direct and with no Santos there is no way we don’t go aimson so we have at least some aerial presence.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Nope will serve his one match ban Tuesday at home to Morecambe and be ready for you lot come Saturday
Either Aimson or Iredale will play Tuesday more likely Iredale which would allow John to come in at lwb
Well he didn't keep a clean sheet against us last season so I'm hardly worried. Michael Smith could be back for it too which is a bonus for us.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Well he didn't keep a clean sheet against us last season so I'm hardly worried. Michael Smith could be back for it too which is a bonus for us.
Clean sheet the last two games. iIt is our forwards who are not firing. Charles missing the last two and Bodvarsson yet to start
Settle for 4 points out of our 2 home games this week

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
No optical illusion it went over even MR Magoo can see that !!

nah whole of the ball has to cross the line not just a tiny bit of it.

either way, whether the whole of the ball crossed or not, we're talking mm not 3 feet or a yard as you lot are saying.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Clean sheet the last two games. iIt is our forwards who are not firing. Charles missing the last two and Bodvarsson yet to start
Settle for 4 points out of our 2 home games this week
We've kept 3 clean sheets from 4, be a dull 0-0 next week at this rate.

White horse

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
0A17A930-DBDE-4D91-8115-90B4C4F2B593.jpeg

White horse

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
It was 3 foot over the line , the same ref sent Santos off last season and he was probably pissed off it was rescinded

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
To show how the still can be deceiving here is our goal that must be clearly over the line from Trafford’s late save..:

Neither were over the line, not unless Smith has an invisible third leg over the line that cleared it.
looks about 4 foot over the line to me :lol:

very entitled lot arent they, following their managers example i guess. "everytime we come here we get embroiled in that type of game and drama"

Well stop trying to cheat and then crying when a ref stands up to it Ian.

difference in class between our manager and that clown is night and day, thankfully.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
looks about 4 foot over the line to me :lol:

very entitled lot arent they, following their managers example i guess. "everytime we come here we get embroiled in that type of game and drama"

Well stop trying to cheat and then crying when a ref stands up to it Ian.

difference in class between our manager and that clown is night and day, thankfully.
Just show’s though, have to admit from the still last night I thought it was in but clearly isn’t when you see the video and Smiths boot is on the line as he connects but with that one from ours it looks miles in, we know it wasn’t but is roughly the same height on the still and same position of the goal.

I’m fairly confident there was no issue with that decision based on that.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Just show’s though, have to admit from the still last night I thought it was in but clearly isn’t when you see the video and Smiths boot is on the line as he connects but with that one from ours it looks miles in, we know it wasn’t but is roughly the same height on the still and same position of the goal.

I’m fairly confident there was no issue with that decision based on that.

totally agree, i also thought it was 2-3 feet over the line when i saw the picture. the video shows that it can't have been anywhere near that. that's not bias but fact. the bias from me will come in when i say i don't think it crossed the line at all. not sure what bolton fans are trying to gain from clinging on to this 3 feet/1 yard thing...just makes them look biased as fuck.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
totally agree, i also thought it was 2-3 feet over the line when i saw the picture. the video shows that it can't have been anywhere near that. that's not bias but fact. the bias from me will come in when i say i don't think it crossed the line at all. not sure what bolton fans are trying to gain from clinging on to this 3 feet/1 yard thing...just makes them look biased as fuck.
Dont think we give a flying ..... We move on its gone. You got a draw at home against 10 men congratulations

We play Shef Wed next Saturday, bigger team.... bigger budget. Would i be happy with a point against 10 men???
I wont be happy with a point against 11 men

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
Fairly comfortable 2-0 win. Cheltenham really need to work on their concentration at the back. First cross Ogivile was free, then the ball is cleared and put back in. Morrison is stood at the back post no player within a few yards of him. 2nd no need to dive in the on Jacobs. Very professional away performance for us. Last season we scored less than a goal a game away from home. Already got 5 in 2 league matches and the 3 at Cardiff in the Cup. Good to see Bishop doing well. 4 in 3 league and 1 Cup for him so far. Last 3 matches including the Cup 0 goals conceded and barely a save to make from Griffiths. Team still in early days together and still to really click. 2 big home games next week.

Muzzle

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Santos is an odd one, i see all the praise and stuff but whenever he plays us he must send his carthorse twin! He’s got the turning circle of a combine harvester and we set up today to let him have the ball and press the wider centre halves knowing he wasn’t comfortable with it to feet.

One of those qwerks I guess!

As said they are a good side and would have taken a point before but feels two dropped in the circumstances.

That said although it was attack v defence much of the half Bolton were dangerous from set pieces and we had to throw a body on the line when we got caught napping and they got in behind.

Their keeper is class. That save from the corner was top drawer.

Overall though we looked much fitter and with Wilson and Worrall to come back it feels more positive than it did a week ago.

Both new signings look decent enough, keeper was steady, made a great save early on and a decent tip over and seemed assured. Harrison was a pest and caused them problems.

Bolton should be up there come May so it’s a bonus point I guess, but should have had a couple second half with better finishing and decisions.

Decent atmosphere too and didn’t see any trouble which was good to s
Santos both impresses and annoys me, as has been said, he was targetted by Vale (which is good scouting) as he can lose his cool, ball was over the line, the Vale player clapping getting another professional being sent off really bugs me, but that has crept into the game and needs stamping out. Vale impressed me with their attack against 10 men, they'll be safe...we move on to the next match now

wessy

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
Santos first yellow is as straight forward as they come, the second is for persistent fouling as much as anything so was the correct decision. Guarantee if our player does the same and doesn’t see red Evatt is raging about that.

He was warned seconds before then does that? Ridiculous. Felt like an entitled club unhappy they didn’t get away with it against little old Port Vale to be honest.

We targeted him as a weak link like we did in the 6-3 and it worked a treat. Can’t comment on how good he is week in week out as I’m not a Bolton fan but against us he’s probably been the worst centre half I’ve seen over the past couple of years. Maybe it’s just we are his bogey side but Rodney bullied him and tore him to pieces and yesterday he was just a liability.

That said he can’t be that bad every week or he wouldn’t get in team of the year.

As for the “goal” I’ve seen the picture and it’s look in but then on the slow mo video clip it doesn’t, the image appears to show it is beyond the keepers arm which would put it miles in, but in the video Smith hooks his right boot to clear it with his left on the line so without the angle on the line it’s hard to say either way. As the ball is off the ground from that angle it’s deceptive as the clearance would require Smith to have some weird joints in his knee to clear it like that!
For a kick off you only saw him for half an hour on saturday, Not one Bolton fan would swap him for any centre half in the bottom 2 divisions, he's a colossal figure in our defence, and was mugged by Harrison on saturday, just look at the response of your players it's clever but also cheating. Morcombe fans will be over the moon that he's not available on Tuesday. As for the 6-3 you played a very different Bolton Wanderers that day and now Santos is a very different animal, Quick, strong, skillfull, good in the air, his only weakness is for reasons umknown he can't seem to head in the opposition 's box (yet)

mozzavale

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
No, video clearly shows it wasn't over the line. That still photo doing the rounds has messed with everyone's head. Watch the highlights, the ball is cleared by something, so if the ball was so far over the line (which it wasn't) Smith would need a leg about 6 foot long to reach it, yet he didn't even have to stretch.

The photo gives no idea of how close or far away the ball is from the camera. Bear in mind the ball went past the keeper on his left hand side, not his right. You can clearly see Smith's foot no where near over the line, so how the ball can go that far over the line, and still be cleared, is a mystery.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Absolutely impossible to tell. From behind the goal it didn't look anywhere near over the line. You're not looking straight along the line so you can't tell from that angle at all.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Dont think we give a flying ..... We move on its gone. You got a draw at home against 10 men congratulations

We play Shef Wed next Saturday, bigger team.... bigger budget. Would i be happy with a point against 10 men???
I wont be happy with a point against 11 men
haha sure.

luckily the ref sent off your weak link and you parked the bus. we'd have probably scored 6 again if he stayed on. and that's 6 goals that cross the goal line, not just getting a little bit close to it.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
haha sure.

luckily the ref sent off your weak link and you parked the bus. we'd have probably scored 6 again if he stayed on. and that's 6 goals that cross the goal line, not just getting a little bit close to it.
Aye ok.....take your fishing rod down to that imaginary port of yours

• Haha
Reactions: Soz

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
For a kick off you only saw him for half an hour on saturday, Not one Bolton fan would swap him for any centre half in the bottom 2 divisions, he's a colossal figure in our defence, and was mugged by Harrison on saturday, just look at the response of your players it's clever but also cheating. Morcombe fans will be over the moon that he's not available on Tuesday. As for the 6-3 you played a very different Bolton Wanderers that day and now Santos is a very different animal, Quick, strong, skillfull, good in the air, his only weakness is for reasons umknown he can't seem to head in the opposition 's box (yet)
I don't think he's improved one bit since the 6-3. I think Bolton fans are mistaking big and strong with good. He looks clumsy, his passing is atrocious when pressured and he's an accident waiting to happen. It can't be a coincidence that he's this poor whenever I've seen him. Skillful? Ha ha! My 5 year old daughter has quicker feet. He was the least skillful player on the pitch and hence was targeted. I'd say he's far more of a liability than an asset. Whatever anyone says about the ref, he got the decision to send him off correct. Yellow for the push on Smith, then he shoved someone else at a corner not long after, then he mouthed off at the referee and was told it was a final warning, then grabbed a players shirt which was soft on its own but it was the accumulation. Rank bad management by Evatt and thick from the player. Seen the video of the goal line clearance and it actually didn't even go close to the line, never mind over it. It's as clear as day. The still image was an optical illusion from the wrong angle. Check out the shadow of the ball too...nowhere near.

Liked your right back/right wing back. Very quick and direct. Also the black lad up front first half looked quick and strong. Keeper outstanding and the number 4.

Someone mentioned earlier that you haven't got a top 6 budget. I'd say it's easily top 6. Just because you haven't signed many players for money, doesn't mean that your wage bill is not huge. I'd guess you've got a few players on 10k+ per week....our highest paid is around 3k. Just goes to show the gulf we have to make up.

Odd comments from Evatt saying you win that game comfortably 11 v 11 . There was very little in the game up until the sending off, so I'm not sure what he saw. The difference in class between him and Clarke is night and day...a very poor sportsman with zero class. I think you'll get sick of him eventually....he's all excuses. He was almost crying in his interview....what a weapon.

Last edited:

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Absolutely impossible to tell. From behind the goal it didn't look anywhere near over the line. You're not looking straight along the line so you can't tell from that angle a

I don't think he's improved one bit since the 6-3. I think Bolton fans are mistaking big and strong with good. He looks clumsy, his passing is atrocious when pressured and he's an accident waiting to happen. It can't be a coincidence that he's this poor whenever I've seen him. Skillful? Ha ha! My 5 year old daughter has quicker feet. He was the least skillful player on the pitch and hence was targeted. I'd say he's far more of a liability than an asset. Whatever anyone says about the ref, he got the decision to send him off correct. Yellow for the push on Smith, then he shoved someone else at a corner not long after, then he mouthed off at the referee and was told it was a final warning, then grabbed a players shirt which was soft on its own but it was the accumulation. Rank bad management by Evatt and thick from the player. Seen the video of the goal line clearance and it actually didn't even go close to the line, never mind over it. It's as clear as day. The still image was an optical illusion from the wrong angle.

Liked your right back/right wing back. Very quick and direct. Also the black lad up front first half looked quick and strong. Keeper outstanding and the number 4.

Someone mentioned earlier that you haven't got a top 6 budget. I'd say it's easily top 6. Just because you haven't signed many players for money, doesn't mean that your wage bill is not huge. I'd guess you've got a few players on 10k+ per week....our highest paid is around 3k. Just goes to show the gulf we have to make up.

Odd comments from Evatt saying you win that game comfortably 11 v 11 . There was very little in the game up until the sending off, so I'm not sure what he saw. The difference in class between him and Clarke is night and day...a very poor sportsman with zero class. I think you'll get sick of him eventually....he's all excuses.
Since you beat us 6-3 During covid in the Autumn of 2020 less than two years ago Santos has been named Captain of the club. PFA team of the season in both 21/22 he also picked up the player of the year twice. You say his passing is atrocious yet his long range passing is as good as any defender in the lower leagues.
Yes he was naive after getting booked yet as captain he has to ask the referee why contentious decisions are made.

James Trafford our keeper has just signed a 4 year contract with Man City so yes he will be on decent money bur we wont be paying all his salary. Same with Bradley the direct RWB who was around Liverpools first team squad last season and has 8 full caps for Northern Ireland despite still being 19.
MJ Williams our holding midfield player is a steady 7 every week Can also put a foot in.
Bakayoko is big and strong still raw despite being around lge 1 for 3/4 years.
Evatt is a winner and he has a great relationship with both fans and owners a perfect fit for the club.
Someone you would want in the trenches with you
Dont think i will convince you so all the best in the coming season bar the return game.

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
Must admit, that's an impressive start against two fancied teams. Looks like I may have goofed again not putting Argyle in the top six.
Long way to go to be fair K-Win. Lets revisit this come March

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I don't think he's improved one bit since the 6-3. I think Bolton fans are mistaking big and strong with good. He looks clumsy, his passing is atrocious when pressured and he's an accident waiting to happen. It can't be a coincidence that he's this poor whenever I've seen him. Skillful? Ha ha! My 5 year old daughter has quicker feet. He was the least skillful player on the pitch and hence was targeted. I'd say he's far more of a liability than an asset. Whatever anyone says about the ref, he got the decision to send him off correct. Yellow for the push on Smith, then he shoved someone else at a corner not long after, then he mouthed off at the referee and was told it was a final warning, then grabbed a players shirt which was soft on its own but it was the accumulation. Rank bad management by Evatt and thick from the player. Seen the video of the goal line clearance and it actually didn't even go close to the line, never mind over it. It's as clear as day. The still image was an optical illusion from the wrong angle. Check out the shadow of the ball too...nowhere near.

Odd comments from Evatt saying you win that game comfortably 11 v 11 . There was very little in the game up until the sending off, so I'm not sure what he saw. The difference in class between him and Clarke is night and day...a very poor sportsman with zero class. I think you'll get sick of him eventually....he's all excuses. He was almost crying in his interview....what a weapon.
Admittedly we have a bigger budget than you but there was an article last season in one of the papers that did budgets for league 1 and we had 10th biggest budget last season… and have added 2 permanent and 1 loan to that. Plus 1 loan was renewed. And we didn’t renew Amaechi loan plus players like Delfouneso left, Tutte and Gilks retired. Our budget is probably smaller this season at the moment although we do have more money to spend because we bid for Jack tucker and a few others earlier in the window. I think we will wait til January and assess where we are before deciding whether to really go do it. We usually do quite a bit of business in January.

Wyke and few others were rumoured to be on 10k a week at other clubs and they were the highest paid in the division at the time. Evatt said in interviews that it was double what we could afford at the time. We aren’t paying anywhere near that. We certainly aren’t spending what Derby, Ipswich, Sheff Wed etc are spending atm and what Sunderland and Wigan were spending last season.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
But on the other side of it how many shirts were your players holding trying to defend our set pieces? It’s no different. They’re either all a foul or none. For the exact same offence we could have had 2/3 penalties but not even a foul is given.

That being said Santos shouldn’t have pushed the guy over in the box whilst he was being held and that is a booking for me and that’s on him… stupid so early in the game. One of the warnings came after he complained that a goal hadn’t been awarded when pictures show it well over the line. How can a captain not talk to a ref anymore? And that isn’t just us… happens all the time now.

As for Evatt red card… i don’t know what happened but I do feel he goes OTT sometimes and needs to control himself better. He’s admitted that but he does it for the right reasons. Defending his players and his club. At least he cares and that’s not an excuse but to be honest if he has a touchline ban on Tuesday against Derek Adams that may be a blessing in disguise as they always go after each other.

On Santos and some people saying they dont know what we see in him. He’s a much better player than what you saw in league 2 (especially first half of season) where he was still finding his feet after a cruciate injury and coming back from non league. He was voted in the pfa league 1 team of the season last season by his fellow professionals who play against him week in week out. That says it all. He definitely has a bad game every now and then but virtually every Bolton fan that sees him every week wouldn’t swap him. He’s hands down one of our best players.
It was only one game, but when we played Bolton away last year, Santos was by a country mile the best home player, and on that performance the only one I would have wanted in our side. we won 1-0, had he not been playing it would have been very one sided. The other defenders like Aimson (who we obviously knew) were simply unable to stop our attacks, Santos did. Obviously, only one game, but he showed us what he was worth

ShrimpsMeltdown

Reaction score
Supports
Morecambe
A frustrating but solid point in the end. We could have been 3-0 up at half time but then Fleetwood largely controlled the 2nd and got their deserved equaliser late on. It was always coming and it's annoying that we've sat so deep for so long trying to hold on, when Fleetwood were there for the taking.

Bolton away on Tuesday......yay.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
I love it when a player gets completely written off after one sighting. Santos was in the PFA League One team of the season last year. Which basically means that opposition strikers hate playing against him. Enough said really.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I love it when a player gets completely written off after one sighting. Santos was in the PFA League One team of the season last year. Which basically means that opposition strikers hate playing against him. Enough said really.
To be fair I said he cant always be as bad! We've seen him three times and in two of those he was absolutely dreadful, especially when we hit 6 against Bolton, but as said he cant be that bad all the time or he'd not be playing professionally!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Admittedly we have a bigger budget than you but there was an article last season in one of the papers that did budgets for league 1 and we had 10th biggest budget last season… and have added 2 permanent and 1 loan to that. Plus 1 loan was renewed. And we didn’t renew Amaechi loan plus players like Delfouneso left, Tutte and Gilks retired. Our budget is probably smaller this season at the moment although we do have more money to spend because we bid for Jack tucker and a few others earlier in the window. I think we will wait til January and assess where we are before deciding whether to really go do it. We usually do quite a bit of business in January.

Wyke and few others were rumoured to be on 10k a week at other clubs and they were the highest paid in the division at the time. Evatt said in interviews that it was double what we could afford at the time. We aren’t paying anywhere near that. We certainly aren’t spending what Derby, Ipswich, Sheff Wed etc are spending atm and what Sunderland and Wigan were spending last season.
I would imagine Sheff Wednesday's dwarfs everyone else but budgets are here or there. Got to spend it correctly as Salford have proven in L2! (Not saying Wednesday haven't by the way as expect them to win promotion!)

Our budget is a funny one anyway as we have a strict structure where a base wage is offered and then incentive based bonus payments (last season for example for each week we were within the top 7 spots), its partly why we missed out on permanently keeping Politic as we wouldn't break it as it risks damaging the unity we have and probably why we've taken a while to sign players.

We've also signed a few players for money this summer (and January) but its always undisclosed so we never know!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Since you beat us 6-3 During covid in the Autumn of 2020 less than two years ago Santos has been named Captain of the club. PFA team of the season in both 21/22 he also picked up the player of the year twice. You say his passing is atrocious yet his long range passing is as good as any defender in the lower leagues.
Yes he was naive after getting booked yet as captain he has to ask the referee why contentious decisions are made.

James Trafford our keeper has just signed a 4 year contract with Man City so yes he will be on decent money bur we wont be paying all his salary. Same with Bradley the direct RWB who was around Liverpools first team squad last season and has 8 full caps for Northern Ireland despite still being 19.
MJ Williams our holding midfield player is a steady 7 every week Can also put a foot in.
Bakayoko is big and strong still raw despite being around lge 1 for 3/4 years.
Evatt is a winner and he has a great relationship with both fans and owners a perfect fit for the club.
Someone you would want in the trenches with you
Dont think i will convince you so all the best in the coming season bar the return game.
I fully expect we won't see a better keeper at Vale Park this season than Trafford, that save was world class, he is going the other way and somehow gets down to it when Harrison diverts the ball from 6 yards.

Whilst frustrated we didn't win the game in the end you have to credit his performance. England U21 isn't he?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!