Saturday 1st October 2022

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Talking of quality gaps, there is a clear one at the eithiad today.
Frightening.
Haaland must be a t100 terminator or something because he is not human.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Talking of quality gaps, there is a clear one at the eithiad today.
Frightening.
Haaland must be a t100 terminator or something because he is not human.
Imagine when he hits his peak in 3-4 years.

Shame but understandable he picked Norway over England (mind you Southgate would have probably played him CDM!)

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
Isn't that the whole fucking idea? What am I meant to post after a game?

We lost. The final score was 1-0 to Sheffield Wednesday. Both teams had some shots. The weather was okay.
How about a simple synopsis of the game minus the excuses?

So far all we have read “from certain posters I may add” is how unfair this league is and that the quality is shitter than expected. All a bit boring and ironic from a side who have won 3 games and sit in 16th position

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
How about a simple synopsis of the game minus the excuses?

So far all we have read “from certain posters I may add” is how unfair this league is and that the quality is shitter than expected. All a bit boring and ironic from a side who have won 3 games and sit in 16th position
Who’s made excuses?

We are where we are, we wrote off the first month due to lack of fitness and signings but otherwise we’ve either made a bollock up or not been good enough when we’ve lost. That’s analysis of the games on a forum.

We’ve won about the games I expected so far with next week ending a run of games against the so called big clubs with only Ipswich and Plymouth left of the top sides to play in the first round of fixtures. Cheltenham probably the only one which we didn’t.

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
Who’s made excuses?

We are where we are, we wrote off the first month due to lack of fitness and signings but otherwise we’ve either made a bollock up or not been good enough when we’ve lost. That’s analysis of the games on a forum.

We’ve won about the games I expected so far with next week ending a run of games against the so called big clubs with only Ipswich and Plymouth left of the top sides to play in the first round of fixtures. Cheltenham probably the only one which we didn’t.
how about the fella who was calling for a salary cap so that the smaller supported clubs could compete with the clubs with larger attendances. Or the constant claims that Sheffield Wednesday have players earning over 20k a week?

My first post in this thread highlighted that you guys are here simply on merit, just like the rest of us. A years consolidation, should put you in good stead for next season. All a learning curve, try and enjoy the ride

Last edited:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
how about the fella who was calling for a salary cap so that the smaller supported clubs could compete with the clubs with larger attendances. Or the constant claims that Sheffield Wednesday have players earning over 20k a week?

My first post in this thread highlighted that you guys are here simply on merit, just like the rest of us. A years consolidation, should put you in good stead for next season. All a learning curve
The salary cap was a suggestion I made regarding the fact it’s league one and to stop smaller clubs busting themselves trying to compete but did suggest it would still be one to give the big teams an advantage. It was more a discussion on finance at this level, we ourselves are spending more than we have since our relegation from the second tier this season.

Who knows what Bannan is on? It was mentioned a few times in the past, he’s denied it but it wasn’t an excuse it’s just a fact of where we we at in comparison to some of the clubs we are up against (and we would rather that than Harrogate and Crawley with all respect to them).

In terms of consolidation that’s exactly what we need to do and the aim for sure. We will obviously go into next season if we survive with a foundation and a proper summer to try and build on it*

*but need to survive first

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
My last home saturday game was FGR on 13/8, that ridiculously hot day!! Feels like such a long time ago!
Managed to make all our home games, yes the heat that day was something else, mercifully we were in shade so it was bearable but in the sun wow!
Amazing to think that the season started in July and we're now in October and played 4 home games, finances must be struggling a bit.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Bolton getting into quite a good position having also played a number of sides expected to be at the top end of the league.
Well noticed.......I dont think we have the best 11 in the league.....but i think we have the best 20
Ipswich on the opening day should have beat us..............Wed we had a stupid 3 mins. Port ale would could have been 2-0 3-0 if it was not for a weak referee...............Plymouth we batterd them at Plymouthwithout taking our chances...................The other 8 games we won but we have yet to hammer a team

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Well noticed.......I dont think we have the best 11 in the league.....but i think we have the best 20
Ipswich on the opening day should have beat us..............Wed we had a stupid 3 mins. Port ale would could have been 2-0 3-0 if it was not for a weak referee...............Plymouth we batterd them at Plymouthwithout taking our chances...................The other 8 games we won but we have yet to hammer a team

I’m happy to admit when we were outplayed etc but you are talking utter shite there. Frankly you should be grateful you got a point from that game and I’m still yet to see a call the ref got wrong from that.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Were you actually at Home Park? You most certainly did not batter us. Yes you had chances and Coops made one of his regular saves, and yes you might on another day have got a draw. But battering, behave. We scored 2 you scored none. Stop being a historical revisionist. I came away from that game not thinking blimey we got away with one there, rather I thought, yup we were more clinical and deserved the three points. It was a good game. You are a good side. We are a good side. We won. End of.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I’m happy to admit when we were outplayed etc but you are talking utter shite there. Frankly you should be grateful you got a point from that game and I’m still yet to see a call the ref got wrong from that.
This was Masi who wasn’t at the game so didn’t even see the game if I recall!

Even game until the red card (which was spot on), after that Trafford kept them in it. Had we had the attackers available then that’s we do now we’d have won that.

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
I love a Sunday sorter myself to be fair Masi, hope the hangover is worth it tomorrow mate

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
The other 8 games you won? You've played 10 and named four above you haven't won, hmm.

And you have the best 20? Fuck off

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
The "best 20" argument really can only include 2 teams, that's ourselves and Wednesday. The idea Bolton has the same strength in depth, or close to it, frankly is laughable.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
The "best 20" argument really can only include 2 teams, that's ourselves and Wednesday. The idea Bolton has the same strength in depth, or close to it, frankly is laughable.
Really????
Look at our bench Saturday...Bodvarrson 62 caps for Iceland majority of his career in the championship
Dapo one of the best wingers in the league if not the best not getting a game because of the formation Evatt is playing. Dempsey a captain in league one last season. Morley unlucky not to be starting will play most of career higher than lge1. Sadlier another decent lge1 winger unlucky not to be getting a game. Aimson steady experienced c/b and last Bakayoko who has been away on international duty all week.
Players who cannot get a squad Beck liverpool youngster on loan Sheehan/Isgrove both fit after returning from injury and Toal centre back we signed from Derry in the summer supposed to be the best defender Evatt looked at in the summer.....Shef Wed and Ipswich may have a better 11 but i doubt they have the depth.
We will see this winter

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
The other 8 games you won? You've played 10 and named four above you haven't won, hmm.

And you have the best 20? Fuck off
Two of those four we never lost you bell end........Its about opinions
We certainly wont miss anyone who gets injured except Trafford...........lose him we slide down the league
Dixon is a bottom lge2 goalkeeper at best.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

Even game until the red card (which was spot on), after that Trafford kept them in it. Had we had the attackers available then that’s we do now we’d have won that.
Bollocks We was missing Charles and Bodvarrson. Please enlighten me which attackers you had unavailable that are better than those two.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

Watched every home game live and every away game on i player so yes i did see the game

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
Our bench against Pompey;

Richard Keogh
Freddie Ladapo
Dominic Ball
Kayden Jackson
Kane Vincent-Young
Kyle Edwards
Vaclav Hladky

Lets not forget Camara and Leigh who are both out. Blows Boltons bench out the water. We then have the likes of youngster Cameron Humphreys who would be certainly be in the matchday squad for the majority of L1 sides, albeit the bench for many.

I believe Wednesday probably come close to, or could arguably match our depth. Aside from them, I don't see any other side in the league who can match us and that's what I'm hoping proves to be important in the latter stages of the season. The five sub rule also greatly benefits the likes of ourselves and Wednesday, plus to a lesser extent your Derby's, Pompeys, and granted, Bolton.

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich

Richard Keogh
Freddie Ladapo
Dominic Ball
Kayden Jackson
Kane Vincent-Young
Kyle Edwards
Vaclav Hladky

Lets not forget Camara and Leigh who are both out. Blows Boltons bench out the water. We then have the likes of youngster Cameron Humphreys who would be certainly be in the matchday squad for the majority of L1 sides, albeit the bench for many.

I believe Wednesday probably come close to, or could arguably match our depth. Aside from them, I don't see any other side in the league who can match us and that's what I'm hoping proves to be important in the latter stages of the season. The five sub rule also greatly benefits the likes of ourselves and Wednesday, plus to a lesser extent your Derby's, Pompeys, and granted, Bolton.

And also Burgess and Aluko both out injured,

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

Richard Keogh
Freddie Ladapo
Dominic Ball
Kayden Jackson
Kane Vincent-Young
Kyle Edwards
Vaclav Hladky

The problem with all these arguments is that we all see our own teams week in week out and the other teams twice a year plus a few highlights. Im pretty sure it was either yourself or another Ipswich fan that said Trafford wasn’t good enough last season based on 1 match and he’s turning into an unbelievable keeper. Best we’ve had in years. The save against Vale was absolutely ridiculous at the end to win a point with 10 men. Plus a few saying Santos hasn’t improved since league 2 yet he was in team of the year and we have conceded the least in the league so far this season. He’s had a couple of dodgy games but he’s also been immense for several others.

It’s impossible to say who’s squad is stronger… until we get to the end of the season. The best 2 squads will almost definitely finish in the top 2 and until then it’s all opinion.

As I said previously I still think Ipswich are the team to beat. Wednesday have a great team and squad but I don’t think Moore is as good a manager as McKenna. I don’t think our best starting 11 is as good as either Ipswich or Wednesday but I think we have at least 2 for each position that doesn’t really weaken us when they come in other than gk. What do you think the Top 6 will be?

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
The problem with all these arguments is that we all see our own teams week in week out and the other teams twice a year plus a few highlights. Im pretty sure it was either yourself or another Ipswich fan that said Trafford wasn’t good enough last season based on 1 match and he’s turning into an unbelievable keeper. Best we’ve had in years. The save against Vale was absolutely ridiculous at the end to win a point with 10 men. Plus a few saying Santos hasn’t improved since league 2 yet he was in team of the year and we have conceded the least in the league so far this season. He’s had a couple of dodgy games but he’s also been immense for several others.

It’s impossible to say who’s squad is stronger… until we get to the end of the season. The best 2 squads will almost definitely finish in the top 2 and until then it’s all opinion.

As I said previously I still think Ipswich are the team to beat. Wednesday have a great team and squad but I don’t think Moore is as good a manager as McKenna. I don’t think our best starting 11 is as good as either Ipswich or Wednesday but I think we have at least 2 for each position that doesn’t really weaken us when they come in other than gk. What do you think the Top 6 will be?

That's a fair response. I do think McKenna is probably one of the best managers in the league and the players are raving about his training sessions; but he's not had long enough in the job to have fully proven himself just yet... though we are all starting to get excited (feels so good to be able to say that as an Ipswich fan after so many years of pain!!)

I think the top 6 will be made up from the top 8 as they stand currently. Struggle to see Accrington and lower breaking into the playoffs. If I was to put my neck on the line I'd gamble on the top two being made up out of the following three; Portsmouth, Wednesday and ourselves* . What's your prediction?

*Subject to potential revision after Jan 1st:err:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Bollocks We was missing Charles and Bodvarrson. Please enlighten me which attackers you had unavailable that are better than those two.
Bodvarrson came on so wasn't missing at all!

No one said they were better but we had to play a full back up front second half who's a kid on loan making only about his third app, had we had Wilson fit or Butterworth/Mipo/Politic signed by that time we have more options to have opened the door when we spent the whole second half attack v defence.

To suggest you'd have won with 11 is baseless as you'd offered very little in the half you did have 11. If anything it would have suited us more as you wouldn't have parked the bus and maybe opened the game up more and Santos was looking a liability on the day.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
That's a fair response. I do think McKenna is probably one of the best managers in the league and the players are raving about his training sessions; but he's not had long enough in the job to have fully proven himself just yet... though we are all starting to get excited (feels so good to be able to say that as an Ipswich fan after so many years of pain!!)

I think the top 6 will be made up from the top 8 as they stand currently. Struggle to see Accrington and lower breaking into the playoffs. If I was to put my neck on the line I'd gamble on the top two being made up out of the following three; Portsmouth, Wednesday and ourselves* . What's your prediction?

*Subject to potential revision after Jan 1st:err:
Haha potential revision until 6th May*

I think on paper if everyone stays fit it will be Ipswich and Wednesday that go the distance for top 2. Like you say the top 6 is really anyones from that top 8. Could MK and Wycombe recover? Possibly but if I had to stick my neck on the line I’d go:

Ipswich
Wednesday
Plymouth
Pompey
Bolton
Derby

In that order. But it’s incredibly tough. Wouldn’t stick my mortgage on it!

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Bodvarrson came on so wasn't missing at all!

No one said they were better but we had to play a full back up front second half who's a kid on loan making only about his third app, had we had Wilson fit or Butterworth/Mipo/Politic signed by that time we have more options to have opened the door when we spent the whole second half attack v defence.

To suggest you'd have won with 11 is baseless as you'd offered very little in the half you did have 11. If anything it would have suited us more as you wouldn't have parked the bus and maybe opened the game up more and Santos was looking a liability on the day.
We’ve not had Bodvarsson for most of the season due to injury but I get the having to play a full back up front thing…That’s what cost us last season. Our midfield 3 was a cb, a kid and a striker (delfouneso if you can even call him a footballer) in central midfield for over a month before Xmas because we had no depth and a massive injury crisis. That’s what ultimately cost us in the run in and left us with too much to do in the second half of the season.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We’ve not had Bodvarsson for most of the season due to injury but I get the having to play a full back up front thing…That’s what cost us last season. Our midfield 3 was a cb, a kid and a striker (delfouneso if you can even call him a footballer) in central midfield for over a month before Xmas because we had no depth and a massive injury crisis. That’s what ultimately cost us in the run in and left us with too much to do in the second half of the season.
Not a dig at you or Bolton in general, more Masi with his guaranteed three points thing, we may as well not bother going to the Bolton reverse fixture as sounds like its already done and dusted based on Masi!

We beat Bolton 6-3 with "inferior" players... football doesn't work like that as Masi should know. To suggest they "would" have won with 11 v 11 when the half it was 11 v 11 was as even as you'll see is ridiculous. "Could" of course, as "could" we.

I cant wait for Bolton v Exeter and Masi v Devon Lad on the guaranteed three points battle! something will have to give!

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Not a dig at you or Bolton in general, more Masi with his guaranteed three points thing, we may as well not bother going to the Bolton reverse fixture as sounds like its already done and dusted based on Masi!

We beat Bolton 6-3 with "inferior" players... football doesn't work like that as Masi should know. To suggest they "would" have won with 11 v 11 when the half it was 11 v 11 was as even as you'll see is ridiculous. "Could" of course, as "could" we.

I cant wait for Bolton v Exeter and Masi v Devon Lad on the guaranteed three points battle! something will have to give!
Haha I know mate… please don’t remind me of that 6-3! I think we only have 2 players left in our entire squad from that game in Santos and Gethin Jones. Not sure if Gethin even played in it without looking it up. They were dark days and we were about 20th in January before an unbelievable run got us promoted.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Could Wycombe recover?

No, not to the extent of getting to the playoffs. The beginning of our season has been blighted by a glut of injuries, and our strength in depth has been shown to be insufficient to cope with that, particularly in the striker department.

It’s absolutely possible that a side from the bottom half could go on a run and nail a lower top 6 spot, but I don’t see it being us. I feel like this is a transition season for us, we didn’t have a great transfer window and now that’s coming home to roost. It is what it is though, we’ve maybe been spoiled in recent seasons.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Haha I know mate… please don’t remind me of that 6-3! I think we only have 2 players left in our entire squad from that game in Santos and Gethin Jones. Not sure if Gethin even played in it without looking it up. They were dark days and we were about 20th in January before an unbelievable run got us promoted.
It was one of those that was gutting fans were banned as it would have been an ace away day! Think its only about the third time we've ever beaten you and still have mares about the 3-1 loss on our previous visit when we were 3 down in 15 minutes! (Lawrie Wilson scored a stunner, signed for us and was then absolutely dross!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!