Saturday 20th August

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Stockport will come good eventually, they have enough in their squad. Whether they’ll get top 7 I’m not sure, but they’ll be thereabouts come May.

But I did half expect a slow start. I got slated for saying that they have a manager who is complete novice managing at this level but it’s true. Not that he’s not good enough, but it might take him a bit of time to find his feet at the level.

It’s hard to see them not get better with the squad available, and it’s not like they are getting battered every week, all tight results atleast.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
For anyone commenting on Stockport’s start, this time last season Sutton were bottom of the table, yet we went on to finish 8th on 75 points, a total in pretty much any other season would have seen us qualify for the playoffs. And our budget consists of picking up change off of the floor, so one would imagine that Stockport with a significantly bigger budget should be fine after adjusting to the this level

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Shocking referee today (for both teams) at Gresty Road. Think Northampton had a genuine case for a penalty in the second half, whereas Lee Burge should've walked for his punch on Agyei towards the end of the game. Was never 6 minutes in the first place but to add another two on top of that was ridiculous.

Result was fair and I've no complaints. Northampton had most the ball in the second half and deserved something for their efforts. Not sure what Brady was moaning about our first goal for, it was never a foul. Just incredible tenacity from CBR to win the ball back and fire it in the top corner. A fantastic finish.

I think we'd have won that game had we not conceded straight after the second goal. Northampton would've had to come out all guns blazing in the second half and I'd have fancied us to pick them off with our counter attack. But at 2-1, it became a battle between two sides where there wasn't a single poor player on the pitch I thought. Which is quite rare in a football match, certainly in the fourth tier!

The equaliser was an unfortunate own goal by the looks of it, it looked like it went in direct from the corner but it turns out Zac Williams has flicked that over the keeper's head and into the back of the net. Very unfortunate to drop 2 points in that manner.

We can't keep getting away with sitting back in second halves. I love how we're not a nice team anymore and that we fight and battle for every ball. But we've got to be better on the ball for 90 minutes else we'll be punished.

100% commitment from every player on that pitch today. Minimum I've asked for after last season's shambles. Thought we'd lose before the game so a point is above my expectations. But a real sickener not to hang on at the end.

Onwards to Bradford next week, we've got to be better on the ball next week if we want a result. We've rode our luck in the two games this week and it's unsustainable. But can't fault the effort of this squad. They dig in, work hard and battle for every ball. We weren't even getting that last season!

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Difficult to properly judge on iFollow, but it seems to me that we’ve still not got fully into our stride. Would you agree? Love that Wellens was disappointed in today’s performance; phenomenal that he’s setting such standards.

We're good at managing games overall, we keep the ball quite well with our passing game and when we lead in games we slow everything down and time waste to kill the momentum of games.

We need to be better in the attacking third and aren't fully into our stride there yet - we don't make enough of the chances and moments we have, today was the first time this season we've effectively killed a team off.

Will be interesting to see how Aaron Drinan fits into it all when he is back in September. Charlie Kelman is quick and works hard, but lacks a bit of attacking intelligence and Harry Smith is a better all round centre foward but we need to play to his strengths better, he also isn't the hardest worker in the world but his game isn't really about pressing and chasing things.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Shocking referee today (for both teams) at Gresty Road. Think Northampton had a genuine case for a penalty in the second half, whereas Lee Burge should've walked for his punch on Agyei towards the end of the game. Was never 6 minutes in the first place but to add another two on top of that was ridiculous.

Result was fair and I've no complaints. Northampton had most the ball in the second half and deserved something for their efforts. Not sure what Brady was moaning about our first goal for, it was never a foul. Just incredible tenacity from CBR to win the ball back and fire it in the top corner. A fantastic finish.

I think we'd have won that game had we not conceded straight after the second goal. Northampton would've had to come out all guns blazing in the second half and I'd have fancied us to pick them off with our counter attack. But at 2-1, it became a battle between two sides where there wasn't a single poor player on the pitch I thought. Which is quite rare in a football match, certainly in the fourth tier!

The equaliser was an unfortunate own goal by the looks of it, it looked like it went in direct from the corner but it turns out Zac Williams has flicked that over the keeper's head and into the back of the net. Very unfortunate to drop 2 points in that manner.

We can't keep getting away with sitting back in second halves. I love how we're not a nice team anymore and that we fight and battle for every ball. But we've got to be better on the ball for 90 minutes else we'll be punished.

100% commitment from every player on that pitch today. Minimum I've asked for after last season's shambles. Thought we'd lose before the game so a point is above my expectations. But a real sickener not to hang on at the end.

Onwards to Bradford next week, we've got to be better on the ball next week if we want a result. We've rode our luck in the two games this week and it's unsustainable. But can't fault the effort of this squad. They dig in, work hard and battle for every ball. We weren't even getting that last season!

It was almost the inverse of what you’d expect a game between our two sides to be like really. Us with all the possession and territory second half and you lot sitting in and soaking it up.

Agree about the ref, don’t think we’ve had a decent one yet. Tuesday at Crawley he gave some very questionable decisions in our favour, just seems like the standard has really dropped.

Strawberry_Jam

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton

I don't very often correct people but having watched on ifollow, just a couple:
It wasn't a punch, it was a push in the back because Agyei was holding onto the ball.
It wasn't a penalty for us because that is what Hylton does.
It was a foul for the first goal because he went through the back of Maglorie.
It wasn't two minutes on top of the 6. The corner was taken 41 seconds after which is fine because according to your manager, the ref added extra time on for the Agyei/Burge incident. So for him to say it was 1.30 over time was either a lie to save face, or he needs a new watch.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
It was almost the inverse of what you’d expect a game between our two sides to be like really. Us with all the possession and territory second half and you lot sitting in and soaking it up.

Agree about the ref, don’t think we’ve had a decent one yet. Tuesday at Crawley he gave some very questionable decisions in our favour, just seems like the standard has really dropped.

Completely agree. But after the shambles we've had last season, the commitment to play pretty football every week like under Artell has gone out of the window and rightly so. Morris knows we're not good enough to pass teams off the park in our current state, so we've become more direct, physical and counter attacking as a result.

We're still a work in progress. I said at the start of the season Northampton were my tip for the title as they had strength in depth and were very unlucky to miss out on promotion. And Northampton have some excellent players. Jon Guthrie is ten times the player he was here, the boy McWilliams is a fine player and Danny Hylton is one of the best strikers in this division. The fact we've battled with a side like yourselves for a full game shows that we're moving on from those dark days of last season very quickly.

I thought we'd lose today so I'd have taken a point all day long. Just a shame we didn't hold on for all three but it's not like we've blown it against a Crawley or a Rochdale so it's one we can dust off, pick ourselves up from and go again next week.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Andy monkhouse is a Grimsby legend. If he hadn’t got injured in the first play off leg against braintree in 2016 we would never have been promoted
God what i'd give to have a few players like Monkhouse now,instead of this bunch of fannies.

Reaction score
Supports
Alex
Completely agree. But after the shambles we've had last season, the commitment to play pretty football every week like under Artell has gone out of the window and rightly so. Morris knows we're not good enough to pass teams off the park in our current state, so we've become more direct, physical and counter attacking as a result.

We're still a work in progress. I said at the start of the season Northampton were my tip for the title as they had strength in depth and were very unlucky to miss out on promotion. And Northampton have some excellent players. Jon Guthrie is ten times the player he was here, the boy McWilliams is a fine player and Danny Hylton is one of the best strikers in this division. The fact we've battled with a side like yourselves for a full game shows that we're moving on from those dark days of last season very quickly.

I thought we'd lose today so I'd have taken a point all day long. Just a shame we didn't hold on for all three but it's not like we've blown it against a Crawley or a Rochdale so it's one we can dust off, pick ourselves up from and go again next week.
I’d agree with all of that and would’ve taken a point before the game. Whilst it was crap to concede at the end we didn‘t help ourselves with sitting so deep. Draw was a fair result, and not a bad start to the season.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Stockport in particular looked vulnerable in defence, #31 for them was atrocious.
Lewis is crap, can't believe we've moved out three centre backs for him.

I think all of our signings from non-league are going to flop, if its true we're paying Kyle Wootton 4.5k per week on a three year deal it's fucking criminal.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
poor game hoof hoof hoof again if Flynn wants to do this it might be an idea to sign a target man

Lancs@(Bantam)

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
An enjoyable game in the end, comfortable win after a sloppy end to the first half - that’s two Saturday’s on the trot we’ve burst out of the traps, scored straight away, then turned really poor quickly after. The changes everyone have been crying out for changed the game, Harratt to partner Cook rather than the isolated 1 up top Hughes loves so much. I worry for Hartlepool, play like that every week and it’s looking bleak, I hope they turn it around, if anything for the good set of fans on here. Hartley can’t have long though based on today.
I think Hughes needs to adopt McCalls 442 formation, with one of the wingers being predominantly (Nicky Law) a centre mid, and able to come inside and help out if we being over run in the centre.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Was hard what to make of stockport.

They’ve obviously got some ability about them and the likes of madden and the sarcovic (spl) are quality players, it just seems they’re a bit off the pace and almost expecting to turn up and win.

For mansfield despite the win that was a very average performance, almost like the audacity of stockport scoring kicked them into gear.

We missed quinn/boateng in midfield and clearly were going to struggle physically uptop without oates which needs addressing as a matter of priority.

Like most last season, few come away with anything when they visit mansfield.
We haven’t won at your place for 30 years apparently so no surprise we didn’t today.

We’re so one paced it’s untrue - we desperately need to add some speed to our team, especially up top.

We were promoted because we had a perfect 15 wins from 15 games against the bottom half of the NL but we need different weapons against decent teams who won’t just put 10 men behind the ball and defend deep.

I don’t think we’ll be in relegation trouble as all our five games so far have been tight but if we want to have a crack at the top seven then we need to make the most of the next 11 days before the window shuts.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Stockport will come good eventually, they have enough in their squad. Whether they’ll get top 7 I’m not sure, but they’ll be thereabouts come May.

But I did half expect a slow start. I got slated for saying that they have a manager who is complete novice managing at this level but it’s true. Not that he’s not good enough, but it might take him a bit of time to find his feet at the level.
He’s not a complete novice because he managed in the league last season but recruitment looks poor and decision making very dodgy so far this season.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Stockport in particular looked vulnerable in defence, #31 for them was atrocious.
Joe Lewis.

Young centre back signed from Torquay asked to play as a side defender in a back three even though he’s not suited to it. He was taken off on the opening day after 45 mins in the same role.

When played in the centre of the three he’d done a lot better apart from a fuck up for Donny’s first on Tuesday.

Brown (who was playing RWB today) has been playing really well at RCB but DC moved him because of MSH’s suspension -something he didn’t need to do as we could have just slotted Newby in at RWB.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
He’s not a complete novice because he managed in the league last season but recruitment looks poor and decision making very dodgy so far this season.

DC was good in non league cos he could sign 20 new players from August to April time, it’s all he ever did, we had new bodies in the door every month, his signings for us in the league were shite, but he had a crap chairman as his excuse here, he’s gonna struggle to use that one at yours.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I've said it before and i'll say it again - Stockport will come good. And whilst Stockport fans would obviously like back to back promotions the fans would accept mid table obscurity 1st season back after years down below. Letting Ben Whitfield go on a free was a major error of judgement though..... however having a sell on clause was a smart bit of buisiness.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
We’re the new bookies favourites for the title after 5 games. Hmm.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Great goal from Sarcevic.

That Carlisle keeper looks slow, like he's falling through treacle trying to get down to a ball. That's if he even dives at all.

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
173 to us on easter friday in context we took 298 on a tuesday in november.

But as FG proved you’re not judged on your fanbase.
Mansfield are massive! Should be at least Championship on crowds.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Mansfield are massive! Should be at least Championship on crowds.

as you’ve proven with your 7 fans and a goat, attendances mean nothing, never have.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Joe Lewis.

Young centre back signed from Torquay asked to play as a side defender in a back three even though he’s not suited to it. He was taken off on the opening day after 45 mins in the same role.

When played in the centre of the three he’d done a lot better apart from a fuck up for Donny’s first on Tuesday.

Brown (who was playing RWB today) has been playing really well at RCB but DC moved him because of MSH’s suspension -something he didn’t need to do as we could have just slotted Newby in at RWB.
I,ve always said NEVER alter 2 positions when only need to slot someone in.
Never understood that ploy.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
DC was good in non league cos he could sign 20 new players from August to April time, it’s all he ever did, we had new bodies in the door every month, his signings for us in the league were shite, but he had a crap chairman as his excuse here, he’s gonna struggle to use that one at yours.
True.

What a lot forget is DC got lucky with the loan of Tyler Burey from Milwall
Who was and is a Gem.
Lge two defenders could not live with him, Hence he,s now in Milwalls Starting 11.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
We’re the new bookies favourites for the title after 5 games. Hmm.

This is about the time the bookies shorten the odds on the actual good teams, having given the big/hype teams short odds for the idiots piling into the ante-post market. Had Northampton as champs from the get-go and nothing has yet changed my mind.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Great goal from Sarcevic.

That Carlisle keeper looks slow, like he's falling through treacle trying to get down to a ball. That's if he even dives at all.

Remember we a have to sign the players that no one else wants, so it’s hardly surprising that our goalkeeper is a bit shit. But that goes for the rest of the squad too.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Remember we a have to sign the players that no one else wants, so it’s hardly surprising that our goalkeeper is a bit shit. But that goes for the rest of the squad too.
Wonder if we put our squads togeather we could get a decent 5 aside team,lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!