Saturday 24th October

Claret Forever

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
Charlton were very impressive defensively, probably not going to concede a lot this year. Unlike us who concede from our millioneth set piece this year.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Ipswich had a lot of the ball without doing much. We attacked with pace (certainly first half) and had by far the better chances. As the game went on Ipswich seemed to be happy with a lot of the ball in midfield, very much a non event 2nd half - Johnson didn't get much service. Then we got a penalty (didn't seem a penalty) and of course we started wasting a bit of time/game management. Ipswich frustrated and Nolan sent off with a late challenge on Anderson. Lambert not happy at all - will be interesting to see his post match interview.

Definitely a different type of a win compared to Tuesday, dug deep and ground it out. Back to top of the League!

Last edited:

Guernica

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Ipswich gave the most boring display I have seen for a long time, did absolutely nothing for about 80 mins, Nsiala and Wilson passing it at the back to themselves then hoofing it straight out of play. They just played in straight lines, bizarre.

First half we played well and should have converted a couple of changes - Grant hitting the bar and blazed off from a couple of yards. Ipswich to be fair also hit the bar from a set piece but didn't particularly threaten.

Second half we seemed to succumb to Ipswich are didn't particularly do much until the penalty. Johnson direct got in front of Nsiala who brought him down, looked very clumsy to me and was a needless penalty. Saw the game out well.

Jon Nolan should be embarrassed by that challenge on Anderson and deservedly saw red, out of frustration but to do that to a fellow pro is poor and sums the guy up. Lambert also sent off at the end for remonstrating at the ref for a considerable period - he needs to look at his own team first and should be more angry with Nolan than the ref who also slowed the game up at every opportunity.

Crewe and Donny away this week - both tough games bit we did what we had to with two home wins this week.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Histrionics? Da fuk.
The screaming when falling to the ground getting Halliday booked and your entire bench calling for a red card and Halliday never touched him, it wasn’t even a foul. From going in front every tackle had a Crewe player down as if shot and your management playing hell. You did a number on us and it’s a part of the game I hate, wouldn’t want us to do it. By the way not sour grapes just an observation we weren’t good enough today.

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
The screaming when falling to the ground getting Halliday booked and your entire bench calling for a red card and Halliday never touched him, it wasn’t even a foul. From going in front every tackle had a Crewe player down as if shot and your management playing hell. You did a number on us and it’s a part of the game I hate, wouldn’t want us to do it. By the way not sour grapes just an observation we weren’t good enough today.

That the foul on Ainley? It was definitely a foul and a booking was the right call. Anyone asking for a red was going over the top though.

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
Great win for the Alex. We were nowhere near our fluent best (especially in the second half) but we're making ourselves tough to beat even when we're not in great form. Doncaster are a good team and I can't imagine many teams will go there and get three points this year...

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
That the foul on Ainley? It was definitely a foul and a booking was the right call. Anyone asking for a red was going over the top though.
It was and he jumped no contact but the scream and the calling for a red card was over the top however it shouldn’t be the talking point, you were well organised and we failed to break you down, had a couple of chances to do it but couldn’t make them count. It’s been a pattern for some time now

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Ipswich gave the most boring display I have seen for a long time, did absolutely nothing for about 80 mins, Nsiala and Wilson passing it at the back to themselves then hoofing it straight out of play. They just played in straight lines, bizarre.

First half we played well and should have converted a couple of changes - Grant hitting the bar and blazed off from a couple of yards. Ipswich to be fair also hit the bar from a set piece but didn't particularly threaten.

Second half we seemed to succumb to Ipswich are didn't particularly do much until the penalty. Johnson direct got in front of Nsiala who brought him down, looked very clumsy to me and was a needless penalty. Saw the game out well.

Jon Nolan should be embarrassed by that challenge on Anderson and deservedly saw red, out of frustration but to do that to a fellow pro is poor and sums the guy up. Lambert also sent off at the end for remonstrating at the ref for a considerable period - he needs to look at his own team first and should be more angry with Nolan than the ref who also slowed the game up at every opportunity.

Crewe and Donny away this week - both tough games bit we did what we had to with two home wins this week.
Lambert's deluded. He was really happy with his side today, which shows you where the problem lies. If that's good enough for Ipswich in L1 then he's not the right man for the job. He and his interviewer both said the exact opposite to Ipswich's BBC match summariser! I think I read that Ipswich attacking play was the speed of an asthmatic snail.

The worse part from him today was shouting in the refs face on two or three occasions after the final whistle, which he shouldn't be doing in 'normal' times but especially not that the minute, the idiot.

Nolan's always good for a silly challenge or three a season. He was lucky not to get sent off more when he was here for some of the reckless challenges he put in.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Nice, comfortable win for The Addicks this afternoon.

See.

Charlton were very impressive defensively, probably not going to concede a lot this year. Unlike us who concede from our millioneth set piece this year.

Yeah, we’re looking solid at the back now. That’s our 4th consecutive clean sheet.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
A very good win vs a decent Donny team. Offord and Beckles did very well at the back. We played much more football than we did vs Sunderland which was good to see but still not at our fluent best but I suppose it’s not always possible in tough away games. It was just nice not to see us crumble in stoppage time at the keepmoat as that usually happens.
Still a few more tough games coming up with Lincoln and Ipswich being the next two.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Can I just ask? Why do Portsmouth fans think they are the worst team in the country? Am I missing something?

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
A very good win vs a decent Donny team. Offord and Beckles did very well at the back. We played much more football than we did vs Sunderland which was good to see but still not at our fluent best but I suppose it’s not always possible in tough away games. It was just nice not to see us crumble in stoppage time at the keepmoat as that usually happens.
Still a few more tough games coming up with Lincoln and Ipswich being the next two.
Lowery makes such a difference.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Touché to Crewe today, that’s a fantastic result.

Not sure why Oxford fans get so odd about a game being called off. It’s frustrating of course, but I think some need to calm down. Of course Robinson wants the three points though, best chance he has at actually getting 3 points this season

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Drew 1-1 with Wigan. To have 19 shots and only 4 of them to be on target shows our problem. We’ll be fine and probably finish between 12th - 16th, but if we can sort out our finishing I can’t see any reason why we can’t flirt with the play offs, we compete in every game, just lack that bit extra in the final 3rd.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Drew 1-1 with Wigan. To have 19 shots and only 4 of them to be on target shows our problem. We’ll be fine and probably finish between 12th - 16th, but if we can sort out our finishing I can’t see any reason why we can’t flirt with the play offs, we compete in every game, just lack that bit extra in the final 3rd.
We had 20 with only 6 on target so your not on your own, it will be interesting Tuesday loads of chances and 0-0

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Touché to Crewe today, that’s a fantastic result.

Not sure why Oxford fans get so odd about a game being called off. It’s frustrating of course, but I think some need to calm down. Of course Robinson wants the three points though, best chance he has at actually getting 3 points this season

Oxford fans I feel a bit sorry for really, I certainly wouldn’t compare or liken them to the snide of a manger they have. Probably best COVID is happening now as Robinson would get fucking hammered when they come to Gresty Road.

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra

Chillax brother, we beat you, I remember us beating you 8-0 when you were a non league club back in the mid 90’s, with 8 different goal scorers, the biggest criticism of the night was that we didn’t score 20 such was that difference in class. No shock Crewe beating Doncaster.

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
How we lost today is beyond me, 12th man syndrome sadly. Never a penalty and all round awful display.

As for the two sides side, both have bigger concerns than the standard of refereeing. Both played some nice stuff but equally toothless up front, desperately poor. Both easy on the eye until the third and then well, frustration. Could still be playing now at 0-0 penalty aside. Our lack of a recognised senior striking was telling. Sooner Jackson and Norwood are back up to speed the better.

Both sides must improve if either of us have real belief in finishing top 2, neither anywhere near good enough based on today's display. Similarities between the two sides were plain for all to see - and I don't say that as a positive!

We move on. Fortunately, 2 quickfire games against (on paper) poor opposition and hopefully that will right the ship with Jackson on his way back.

Last edited:

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe

Another ill educated twat that thinks all you have to do is look at somebody to catch Covid.

Guernica

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
How we lost today is beyond me, 12th man syndrome sadly. Never a penalty and all round awful display.

As for the two sides side, both have bigger concerns than the standard of refereeing. Both played some nice stuff but equally toothless up front, desperately poor. Both easy on the eye until the third and then well, frustration. Could still be playing now at 0-0 penalty aside. Our lack of a recognised senior striking was telling. Sooner Jackson and Norwood are back up to speed the better.

Both sides must improve if either of us have real belief in finishing top 2, neither anywhere near good enough based on today's display. Similarities between the two sides were plain for all to see - and I don't say that as a positive!

We move on. Fortunately, 2 quickfire games against (on paper) poor opposition and hopefully that will right the ship with Jackson on his way back.

Wow, fair enough. Are you Paul Lambert?

1. You lost as you were the most boring and ineffectual team I have seen for years. Passed it sideways with no intent to get forward. Never were going to score and weren't able to break us down.
2. It was a pen, Nsiala was clumsy and there was contact.
3. Concerns? Toothless? Unlike yourselves we didn't have a recongnised striker but it worked and Johnson was unlucky with his chance in the first half. Desperately poor for yourselves agreed.
4. Real belief in finishing top 2 - No Imp expected/expects us to finish top 2. We're enjoying the squad Appleton has put together on a shoe string when compared to Lambert. Survival is the goal both in terms of financially and avoiding relegation.
5. The biggest insult similarities between the two sides? You're slow, ponderous and dull, when we have possession we at least try and do something with it, attack with a purpose.

Hopefully that extra hour in bed has helped.

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

I suggest you read the unbiased report from your local reporter here who got most of the comments spot on IMO. Cherry picking the bits he mentions, Lincoln having 4 good opportunities to score, Nsiala giving Johnson one more hefty shove after a couple of other nudges etc for the penalty.

I do agree the ref and officials made some bizarre decisions, but that was for both sides. As for the red card, very late and dangerous tackle, and Lamberts comments after the game, were pathetic.

gijsbert_bos

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

Surprised Paul Lambert finds time to admin a football forum as well as managing Ipswich full-time :dry:

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Can I just ask? Why do Portsmouth fans think they are the worst team in the country? Am I missing something?

It's a good question. It's basically borne of frustration with over three years of sticking with an inflexible long ball style using a 4-2-3-1 formation, and it not bearing fruit with a financial advantage over most clubs.

However, it finally seems to have dawned on Jackett that we have three high quality central strikers for this level (Marquis, Harness and Harrison) and that we should maybe play to our strengths and switch to 4-4-2. The difference in quality of performance has been astonishing, frankly.

Admittedly, it takes guts for a manager to move away permanently from his favoured formation, so he deserves credit for that. There may have also been a sense of desperation what with the fans animosity towards him, and also the salary cap preventing him from getting the players he needs for the 4-2-3-1.

Whatever the reasons, we are now looking like a proper team playing good football. What a difference a couple of weeks can make!

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United

Another ill educated twat that thinks all you have to do is look at somebody to catch Covid.

Yes, its not as though the infection rates are rising or anything...

To add, not a surprise a Crewe fan defending not testing players.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Yes, its not as though the infection rates are rising or anything...

To add, not a surprise a Crewe fan defending not testing players.
Lol you missed the point entirely.

Also, why did the Fleetwood players need testing?

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM

For fucks sake Danny, what is it with you?
We are in the middle of a pandemic.
We are trying to continue playing the game we all love.
We all want supporters back in the stadiums as soon as possible.
Here we have the situation where Fleetwood played Accy on Tuesday, 8 Accy players and members of staff then test positive for Covid. Fleetwood then travel down to Kent and play us a few days later with not one player or member of staff tested.
If football cannot behave responsibly, if football cannot run and regulate itself in an appropriate and safe manner then the whole thing will be taken out of our hands and the season will be ended.
But hey, you can still sit there and say it’s all a fuss over nothing.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
For fucks sake Danny, what is it with you?
We are in the middle of a pandemic.
We are trying to continue playing the game we all love.
We all want supporters back in the stadiums as soon as possible.
Here we have the situation where Fleetwood played Accy on Tuesday, 8 Accy players and members of staff then test positive for Covid. Fleetwood then travel down to Kent and play us a few days later with not one player or member of staff tested.
If football cannot behave responsibly, if football cannot run and regulate itself in an appropriate and safe manner then the whole thing will be taken out of our hands and the season will be ended.
But hey, you can still sit there and say it’s all a fuss over nothing.

Nicely summed up.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Are you two fucking serious? How many times do I have to say this? It’s like I’m banging my head against a completely uneducated brick wall! Scientists (actual Scientists, you know, those clever people that know what they are talking about) have deemed that the contamination risks associated with playing Football outdoors are completely negligible. That is why Football is allowed to be played, including 6 a side mid week leagues! You are not gonna catch the disease by playing a Football match. The risk is to your own team mates in areas like changing rooms, transport to away games etc, which is why clubs must adhere to guidelines in these areas. This is not me making this stuff up. I haven’t decided to come up with this shit off the top of my head. Go and educate yourselves, have a look at the ACTUAL guidance, and stop with the cowardly knee trembling.

If a Fleetwood player or staff member has the disease, they won’t have caught it at Accrington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!