Saturday 30th July

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
If anybody thinks their team were shite today, believe me, we were beyond woeful.

Yeah absolute toilet ID. First half wasn't actually that bad and we showed flashes that we were looking to play less fanny football and work it through the lines and up to the front 2 whose movement was good. Second half was hideous and a missed penalty from Gladwin was the cherry on top of the shit cake.

Positives were Khan and MacDonald who looked classy at times. Negatives, too many to mention really, the team looked weak, lethargic, disorganised and defended really badly. When Louis Reed is so far off his game it's concerning. Lots of work for Scott Lindsey to do. I see quite a few 'fancied' teams got turned over today, could be a long and challenging season for us.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Be very interested to see that decision back along with another penalty claim we had.

But we’ve got to look at ourselves before the ref.
The one on MSH looked pretty stonewall to me. Liner on that side was horrendous.

As you say though, only ourselves to blame for a abject 1st half.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Highly frustrating.

Anything and everything went against us today. Don’t talk to me about referees being influenced by a Valley Parade crowd. Madden certainly made sure that he wasn’t going to be influenced, so much so it would’ve taken Osadebe to lose a leg for him to even consider a red card for Ravenhill.

Don’t get me started on Doncaster. Absolute shithouses!

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
Sutton 1 Newport 1

Omar Bugiel continues his fine tradition of scoring on the opening day. He’s done so on each of the 4 seasons he’s been at Sutton.

Newport’s equaliser came immediately after Ben Goodliffe had to be subbed off and we were going through a defensive reorganisation.

Both keepers made good saves across the game however Newport were on top at the end.

Worryingly for Sutton as well Goodliffe going off in the first half, so did Will Randall.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Be very interested to see that decision back along with another penalty claim we had.

But we’ve got to look at ourselves before the ref.
luckily your opening day curse only applies to the opening day. Play like you did in the 1st half you'd be in trouble - but 2nd half performance was a play off chasing team performance

Koumas’Right-Boot

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Really poor defensively, largely due to a disasterclass by Jameson.

Stevenage exactly what you’d expect, very direct and aggressive. Forced a lot of mistakes out of Jameson.

Fortunately we still have Turnbull, Davies and Hockenhull to return ahead of him.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
What a weird game. Crawley looked to be in control a lot, yet we had enough clear chances to win that game 10 times over. Poor finishing from us prevented a more emphatic win. Crawley looked dangerous on a few occasions but we were definitely good value for the win based on chances. How it finished 1-0 I’ll never know.

Only downside is a couple of injuries in midfield means we could be down to one fit midfielder next week. The club needs to pull its finger out of its arsehole and allow Simpson to sign some depth to the squad.

Anyway, a very rare opening day win for us, so very happy.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
An intruiging first game back. First half was very open and an entertaining end to end game, both sides had oppotunities and moments - from our perspective you could see we was playing square pegs in round holes. Tom James in midfield worked at times, other times it didn't - totally worth getting him in the team for that second goal though which is what he can do. We had no focal point up front either.

The key moment for Grimsby was Efete's chance - he has to score that and the dynamic of the game changes completely, but he made Vigs save look better than it was.

The goal calmed us down, looked a tad harsh from where I was sat. The second goal killed the game thankfully.

After Grimsby fell behind they faded out of the game and in truth offered nothing in the second half, we could've and probably should've got a third as well.

Very good win for us that considering we was nowhere near at our best. At half time I would've been happy to keep a clean sheet because we was a tad lucky firts half.

Also a game where both teams started with no focal point striker - sign of the times.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Im also happy to take the dodgy Orient pen today as in the play off game away at Notts at 1-0 down Notts had a stonewall handball pen not given and if the ref gives that as he should’ve done then we’re playing non league minnows like Dorking Gateshead and Scunthorpe this season instead.
It’s a weird feeling but I don’t think I’ve ever been this chilled out about a defeat before.
Just feels great to be back in League 2.

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Dreadful first half, much better second.

Can Liam Kelly please feck off and find a job more suited to his physique, such as pot-of-gold minder at the Connemara Rainbow Company....

Good turnout from Crewe (800 odd), but they're no World beaters either.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Highly frustrating.

Anything and everything went against us today. Don’t talk to me about referees being influenced by a Valley Parade crowd. Madden certainly made sure that he wasn’t going to be influenced, so much so it would’ve taken Osadebe to lose a leg for him to even consider a red card for Ravenhill.

Don’t get me started on Doncaster. Absolute shithouses!
Wish Paddy all the best sounds like a bad one.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I won't mince my words today - I thought Doncaster were an absolutely five star fucking disgrace to football. Right from the get go they were only interested in wasting time. The challenge in the fith minute has left Osadebe with a double break in his leg - shocking. And, well, we've seen that clip of that fat fuck Tomlin. He was only interested in getting back to the changing room so he could tuck in a kebab. No-one should be defending behaviour like that. Me and my dad were so looking forward to it today and it's been spoilt by not 'sportsmanship' but by cheating.

Anyway, some actual football stuff. We controlled the game from start to finish but we didn't really create much. We seemed to go long an awful lot which is kinda strange; Doncaster had a lot of players who looked like they spend their free time inhaling lard. I know it's the first game but I expected some better passing and movement. Crichlow looked like he'd joined in with the local kids - I really like the look of him. Also impressed with Platt who I wasn't sure of in pre-season, but they were both defending against absolutely nothing today. Smallwood hit the post with a great free kick that hit the post and a couple of headers that flashed wide.

To be honest, performance and result aside, I'm genuinely gutted for Osadebe. He looks like a great lad from our social media. Looking forward to playing for your new club and kickstarting your carear, only for that to happy. Awful, absolutely awful.

Oh, Kian Harratt got sent off after the final whistle after a coming together with their 'keeper.

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
An intruiging first game back. First half was very open and an entertaining end to end game, both sides had oppotunities and moments - from our perspective you could see we was playing square pegs in round holes. Tom James in midfield worked at times, other times it didn't - totally worth getting him in the team for that second goal though which is what he can do. We had no focal point up front either.

The key moment for Grimsby was Efete's chance - he has to score that and the dynamic of the game changes completely, but he made Vigs save look better than it was.

The goal calmed us down, looked a tad harsh from where I was sat. The second goal killed the game thankfully.

After Grimsby fell behind they faded out of the game and in truth offered nothing in the second half, we could've and probably should've got a third as well.

Very good win for us that considering we was nowhere near at our best. At half time I would've been happy to keep a clean sheet because we was a tad lucky firts half.

Also a game where both teams started with no focal point striker - sign of the times.
Agree with that, the Os bottled the game up nicely after the corker second. We looked undercooked second half and probably are after a short close season. And two and three goal comebacks are not going to as easy to come by as they are with Barnet’s slapstick defending…

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
2-1 away win to start the season, pretty happy with that. Scrappy game, deserved the lead at half time, more of an even contest second half. Our direct play seemed to cause Tranmere issues, set plays also. Managed the game really well after the late goal. Only disappointment is the injury to List, hope it's not too bad but didn't look promising.

Agree you deserved the win. List lucky to stay on the pitch before he went off but hope he recovers well. As for your first goal it looked handball but would need to see it again.

We were awful when we played Stevenage’s game of hoofball but when we passed it around we looked alright. Will take a bit of time to click.

Fair play to Stevenage. Done a job on us and deserved all 3 points. Can’t stand that Steve Evans though. What a wanker.

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Obviously the referee and Doncaster’s next level shit housing (FGR have nothing on these guys) will take the headlines but we can’t shy away from our horrendous finishing/final ball and over all tactics, rather ‘tactic’ singular of cross it into the box time after time and hope that one of Doncaster’s numerous giants don’t head it clear, which they did, every single time. Two points in the bin as we won’t play many worse teams than that this season.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Obviously the referee and Doncaster’s next level shit housing (FGR have nothing on these guys) will take the headlines but we can’t shy away from our horrendous finishing/final ball and over all tactics, rather ‘tactic’ singular of cross it in the box time after time and hope that one of Doncaster’s numerous giants don’t head it clear, which they did, every single time. Two points in the bin as we won’t play many worse teams than that this season.

Yup, definitely points dropped. They looked dog shit.

Jonny12

Andy Butler is a god
Reaction score
Supports
Walsall FC
Twitter
@JonnyOwen12
Hartlepool were really poor today, made it easy for us though we did have an excellent game-plan that nullified them and won us the ball high up the pitch time after time. Danny Johnson what we have been missing since Tom Bradshaw left, someone to just stick it in the net. Isaac Hutchinson absolutely ran the show, Taylor Allen had Tumilty on toast and Peter Clarke showed so much experience and class in the way he manhandled the big lump Umerah up front.

Good numbers from Hartlepool, shame their team couldn't match their support. Niang for them looked okay at times but that is about it.

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Good game down the Orient today, though 2 0 flattered us and I thought our penalty was pretty harsh on a decent Grimsby side who had their moments.

That said our second was an absolute peach of a goal from Tom James who we badly missed last year with injury, and I think even without that we edged the 90 minutes in terms of possession, chances and intent so a deserved 3 points.

Grimsby fans were excellent as always, good numbers and volume, but on the pitch we've quietly improved across the board from our non league says, good to see that steady building paying off with early points on the board.

Onto crytocrawley next week, you Os!

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
To echo other Bantams on here, Doncaster were an absolute disgrace today. Anti-football at its very worst today.

Time wasting and feigning head injuries on numerous occasions to stop the flow of play.

How on earth Ravenhill stayed on the pitch after the shocking challenge on Osadebe is a mystery. Fair play to McSheffrey for substituting him a few mins later.

What a disgrace that fat twonk Tomlin was and if I was a Donny fan I would be livid with his sending off. No place in football for cheating like that.

As for our performance, we had the vast majority of possession without really looking like scoring and I felt we were far too pedestrian with the ball.

We missed Vernam badly today and I hope a winger is on Hughes shopping list.

Final thought for Osadebe this evening. Feel so sorry for a debut to end in such fashion after 6 minutes and the Bantams family wish you a very speedy recovery

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Well done Barrow. Very clinical on the break and as expected playing the right way under Wild.

The worries I had about us were exposed. Tactically DC got it wrong as he played all three of our attacking midfielders and left us unbalanced and left our defence unprotected.

Before today I said we needed a couple of side CBs and an extra striker and I’m now utterly convinced we do.

I was really impressed with Barclay today. Played on the right of a back 3 and didn’t put a foot wrong. He played a good part in limiting a very talented Crawley front 3 to zero shots on goal. Was thinking during the game that you must have a lot of very good centre backs based on this.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
I was really impressed with Barclay today. Played on the right of a back 3 and didn’t put a foot wrong. He played a good part in limiting a very talented Crawley front 3 to zero shots on goal. Was thinking during the game that you must have a lot of very good centre backs based on this.
Not on the right of the three based on todays performance haha.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Hartlepool were really poor today, made it easy for us though we did have an excellent game-plan that nullified them and won us the ball high up the pitch time after time. Danny Johnson what we have been missing since Tom Bradshaw left, someone to just stick it in the net. Isaac Hutchinson absolutely ran the show, Taylor Allen had Tumilty on toast and Peter Clarke showed so much experience and class in the way he manhandled the big lump Umerah up front.

Good numbers from Hartlepool, shame their team couldn't match their support. Niang for them looked okay at times but that is about it.
Was obvious that you targeted Tumilty from very early in the game. Hopefully Sterry is fit enough to start next week after that showing. But then again none of our players covered themselves in glory. Utter shambles.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

Must admit you did a number on us, you should've had 8 really and would be no complaints from me. Hard to tell if you are as strong as you looked today as we were that pathetic. We had no answer and the fact we made no changes at half time was baffling, we were that outplayed and outhought.

Niang and Umerah I thought worked hard, the former a bit sloppy on the ball at times and the latter had no support but looks something there to work with

You won't have an easier game all season than that.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Hopefully you don't have a recall clause then
It’s a season long one so even if we did we can’t use it until January.

I don’t think we will as he played a few games under Challinor and then fell down the pecking order, however it certainly looks like we could have shot ourselves in the foot in relying on Joe Lewis to play on the right of a three and then moving a player who has never let us down for half a decade out in favour of him and giving you guys Barclay.

Hope it works out for him, he didn’t look good for us but for most of his games our previous manager pigeon holed him on the left of a back three and you could tell it killed his confidence.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Hopefully you don't have a recall clause then
Think they can recall in January if they choose. But whether they do or not, we still need to strengthen that area before then. Centre back and centre midfield beyond the starting lineup is so weak.

Koumas’Right-Boot

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Calling teams in league two a disgrace always amuses me. It’s league two.. if they’re not being shithouses they’re doing something wrong. Up the your side to overcome that.

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
Agree you deserved the win. List lucky to stay on the pitch before he went off but hope he recovers well. As for your first goal it looked handball but would need to see it again.

We were awful when we played Stevenage’s game of hoofball but when we passed it around we looked alright. Will take a bit of time to click.

Fair play to Stevenage. Done a job on us and deserved all 3 points. Can’t stand that Steve Evans though. What a wanker.
I thought you guys looked better at the start of the second half, you managed to work the ball into some dangerous areas, was uncomfortable viewing at times.

Have to say I expected List to be sent off, seemed like a reckless tackle, was relieved when the card was yellow. Definite frustration on his part, was a stupid reaction to not getting a free kick, we go down to 10 there and it's an entirely different game.

Koumas’Right-Boot

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
I thought you guys looked better at the start of the second half, you managed to work the ball into some dangerous areas, was uncomfortable viewing at times.

Have to say I expected List to be sent off, seemed like a reckless tackle, was relieved when the card was yellow. Definite frustration on his part, was a stupid reaction to not getting a free kick, we go down to 10 there and it's an entirely different game.
Yea he absolutely should have been sent off and we’d probably have won in that circumstance, however the amount of gifts Jameson gave you it was pretty awful.

McAlear will run the show in this league once our full strength back line is available and he can actually get on the ball.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Must admit you did a number on us, you should've had 8 really and would be no complaints from me. Hard to tell if you are as strong as you looked today as we were that pathetic. We had no answer and the fact we made no changes at half time was baffling, we were that outplayed and outhought.

Niang and Umerah I thought worked hard, the former a bit sloppy on the ball at times and the latter had no support but looks something there to work with

You won't have an easier game all season than that.

Just seen all four goals and we were well deserved losers but fuck me it's like the Kamikaze defending of old, Killip his usual useless self, parries the second straight back to the striker and cowering on his line for the fourth as him and his back line watch the ball tootle past them to the unmarked striker.

Lot of work to be done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!