Saturday 30th July

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Yeah I saw a few people complain about that, I'd imagine he was seething, or certainly hope he was.
Its up to the fans if they decided to travel.
What the hell has that to do with the manager.

If he was sacked how many would be at the ground to wish him well.
Time for some to grow up.
He had more important things on his mind at the final whistle.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Watch the highlights from all games yesterday and you will see the standard.
Ours was a combination of that and shite defending.

But it was pointed out many times before a ball was kicked.
Some of your lot thought there was little if any differance with the NatLge.

Takes time to settle, You,ll get there.
I've consistently said I knew it would be a step up to be fair.

Yes Barrow pressed us better which meant we ended up being more direct than usual which doesn't suit us as I'm pretty sure we don't train on that in the week.

We'll be OK, we actually really could have ended up with a point tbh (shoulda, woulda, coulda).

Credit to Barrow.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
Decent point for us at sutton!! they have lost their better players from last season and replaced them with big one dimentional monsters who will bully a lot of teams into submission, thankfully we were big enough and ugly enough to withstand their tactics and really should have won the game at the end, some good performances from our boy's especially Zanzala Evans and Drysdale, but overall a draw was a fair result.

We bullied Newport so much yesterday that 2 of our players were taken off injured before halftime. Probably due to over zealous bulling and nothing at all to with an equally physical Newport team.

Gunit

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton
Decent point for us at sutton!! they have lost their better players from last season and replaced them with big one dimentional monsters who will bully a lot of teams into submission, thankfully we were big enough and ugly enough to withstand their tactics and really should have won the game at the end, some good performances from our boy's especially Zanzala Evans and Drysdale, but overall a draw was a fair result.
All 10 outfield starting players were with us last season. No different at all to our best side from 21/22 other than Ajiboye out for a similar wide player and maybe Olaofe (more physical) might have started above Wilson. Attritional, scrappy long ball game. Draw fair. Newport even more one dimensional tbf. Hitting Norman with long balls on our left back 2nd half followed by monster throws on repeat. Not sure who will create and score your goals? Similar issue for us - will we create enough from wide areas without Ajiboye. Unfortunately Randall, who has looked excellent and improving, went off injured. Time will tell. Good turn out from your fans and made some decent noise occasionally.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Just seen our manager's post match interview.

Seems we controlled certain aspects of the game as Carlilse had 24 shots to our 6. The fact he said both our keepers had good games tells the true story.

Sometimes it don't work. Accept it, say we must do better and move on.

Casey

He won't last long incharge of you if he is another one of these philosophy L2 managers.

If Man City can do it then so can a L2 team. Lol

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
We bullied Newport so much yesterday that 2 of our players were taken off injured before halftime. Probably due to over zealous bulling and nothing at all to with an equally physical Newport team.

Although I have found Sutton particularly physical, Newport always have been but the fans down at Dave Parade always seem oblivious to it.

I mean, we literally had a player fed through a tube once he was clattered that much by a Newport player!

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
What was the general feeling amongst the fans there at the end? I can probably guess?
The reality of shopping in B&M hit home with most fans & were just numb at what they'd witnessed.
Bizarrely quite a lot of fans thought it was funny how bad we were

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
Although I have found Sutton particularly physical, Newport always have been but the fans down at Dave Parade always seem oblivious to it.

I mean, we literally had a player fed through a tube once he was clattered that much by a Newport player!

I’ll never deny that Sutton are a physical side, it’s part of what you need to survive at this level. Teams need to do what they can to get an advantage, there’s no shame in that regardless of who you are.

The level of denial that some fans have towards their sides antics are a bit odd.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
All 10 outfield starting players were with us last season. No different at all to our best side from 21/22 other than Ajiboye out for a similar wide player and maybe Olaofe (more physical) might have started above Wilson. Attritional, scrappy long ball game. Draw fair. Newport even more one dimensional tbf. Hitting Norman with long balls on our left back 2nd half followed by monster throws on repeat. Not sure who will create and score your goals? Similar issue for us - will we create enough from wide areas without Ajiboye. Unfortunately Randall, who has looked excellent and improving, went off injured. Time will tell. Good turn out from your fans and made some decent noise occasionally.

I’m probably considered a heretic, but I never really considered Ajiboye to be our best player. When he was at his best he was an unplayable phenomenon. However he had more than a few games where he was anonymous. He had definitely improved from when he was signed from Isthmian side Worthing in 2019, but he was and is a work in progress. But for me he was exceptional 1/3 of the time, ok another 1/3 of the time and the time and frustratingly anonymous another 1/3 of the time.

Oloafe spent too much time injured last season, but we missed him when he didn’t play last season and he’ll be a big miss this season.

We scored 69 goals last season with 16 different goal scorers. The unit is the star with us. Saying that it’s a massive season for Donovan Wilson (who I felt had a decent game yesterday) up front. I also felt Enzo Boldewijn looked decent in Ajiboye’s spot.

Gunit

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton
I’m probably considered a heretic, but I never really considered Ajiboye to be our best player. When he was at his best he was an unplayable phenomenon. However he had more than a few games where he was anonymous. He had definitely improved from when he was signed from Isthmian side Worthing in 2019, but he was and is a work in progress. But for me he was exceptional 1/3 of the time, ok another 1/3 of the time and the time and frustratingly anonymous another 1/3 of the time.

Oloafe spent too much time injured last season, but we missed him when he didn’t play last season and he’ll be a big miss this season.

We scored 69 goals last season with 16 different goal scorers. The unit is the star with us. Saying that it’s a massive season for Donovan Wilson (who I felt had a decent game yesterday) up front. I also felt Enzo Boldewijn looked decent in Ajiboye’s spot.
I didn’t say he was our best player. He was in our best side.

Ajiboye is an exciting wide attacking player. A massive threat. Sometimes an opposition deals with it well. He often had 2/3 players on him. He’s quality and will be missed. I think we’ll be ok anyway and remain hard to beat most the time. As you say we’ve got a decent well drilled unit.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
I didn’t say he was our best player. He was in our best side.

Ajiboye is an exciting wide attacking player. A massive threat. Sometimes an opposition deals with it well. He often had 2/3 players on him. He’s quality and will be missed. I think we’ll be ok anyway and remain hard to beat most the time. As you say we’ve got a decent well drilled unit.

I was commentating on the narrative by some non-Sutton fans that he was our best player.

He’ll be difficult to replace, however I was more worried about others leaving (although in saying that I assumed Ajiboye would be off this summer)

Gunit

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton
Ah ok agreed. We certainly have other important players. Eastmond was the best in the pitch yesterday for example. We have maybe 3 or 4 who could go higher - Smith, Goodliffe for sure. Ajiboye was a certainty to go upwards given what he offers. Where his exit may hurt us though is he could be a key difference, a goal from nowhere, a penalty won, putting one on a plate.

James Frost

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County

Danny Rose got squashed between two players if I recall. Now at Stevenage isn't he? Seems a Steve Evans type of player.

The thing about when Mansfield visit is that the football tends to get overshadowed by other matters. The last two Mansfield players that were sent off weren't even remotely connected to football tackles. There was a chokehold last season, and before that a flying knee drop, it's like a shite WWF team paying a visit. What is the next Mansfield player going to get sent off for? A Randy Savage clothesline?!

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Danny Rose got squashed between two players if I recall. Now at Stevenage isn't he? Seems a Steve Evans type of player.

The thing about when Mansfield visit is that the football tends to get overshadowed by other matters. The last two Mansfield players that were sent off weren't even remotely connected to football tackles. There was a chokehold last season, and before that a flying knee drop, it's like a shite WWF team paying a visit. What is the next Mansfield player going to get sent off for? A Randy Savage clothesline?!

We’ve got John Joe-O’Toole in the squad, the point is a occasional headlock is a given but I’m not gunna pretend otherwise :lol:

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy

Boldewijn did well for Crawley in league 2 a few seasons ago. So well we flogged him to Notts County for a fair whack (league 2 to league 2 fair whack). I did think he would have a few anonymous games on the trot but definitely a decent player.

Gillingham fans. How did Morris do yesterday? Saw he conceded a couple but none looked like his fault.

Casey

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Gillingham fans. How did Morris do yesterday? Saw he conceded a couple but none looked like his fault.

Casey
Morris was probably our best player, we didn’t do much in midfield to get the ball out to our attacking players. So created very little. Neither of the goals were his fault.

Salvador

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
I was looking forward to the football being back. Not so sure now. Poor first half by Dale particularly the first 25 mins. Liam Kelly and James Ball both had their worst games I've seen from them. Ball looks unfit. Kelly kept passing to crewe and falling on his arse. On the few times I've seen Odonnell I am not convinced he's a better keeper than the two we released over summer. Time will tell. But I wouldn't be surprised if our new loan GK from Man City starts next week.

Crewe could and should have been ateast 3 up by HT.
Second half comes and we somehow make no changes which baffled me and everyone around me. The manager obviously happy with what he saw! When we finally do bring on some changes, after we've scored, we're on the front foot and look alright. I'm convinced the ref should've given us a pen on around 75 mins for a shove in the box. But he was shite all game. Anyway we cant expect a ref to bail us out and there's no use playing well for 15 minutes when you're a goal or two down already.
Special mention to the special crewe fan(s) who lobbed a smoke bomb in the away and looked to have caused one of their own lot to have an asthma attack. Medics in the stand and game stopped. I'm not sure the 12mth+ ban is worth it for taking the lead away at Dale...
Anyway, onwards to Gills away. A ground we seem to average a win every 60 years. At least the beers in Rochester on the way will numb the inevitable pain!

Reactions: PuB

Loyal Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
I was looking forward to the football being back. Not so sure now. Poor first half by Dale particularly the first 25 mins. Liam Kelly and James Ball both had their worst games I've seen from them. Ball looks unfit. Kelly kept passing to crewe and falling on his arse. On the few times I've seen Odonnell I am not convinced he's a better keeper than the two we released over summer. Time will tell. But I wouldn't be surprised if our new loan GK from Man City starts next week.

Crewe could and should have been ateast 3 up by HT.
Second half comes and we somehow make no changes which baffled me and everyone around me. The manager obviously happy with what he saw! When we finally do bring on some changes, after we've scored, we're on the front foot and look alright. I'm convinced the ref should've given us a pen on around 75 mins for a shove in the box. But he was shite all game. Anyway we cant expect a ref to bail us out and there's no use playing well for 15 minutes when you're a goal or two down already.
Special mention to the special crewe fan(s) who lobbed a smoke bomb in the away and looked to have caused one of their own lot to have an asthma attack. Medics in the stand and game stopped. I'm not sure the 12mth+ ban is worth it for taking the lead away at Dale...
Anyway, onwards to Gills away. A ground we seem to average a win every 60 years. At least the beers in Rochester on the way will numb the inevitable pain!

Fairly similar to how I saw the game, and have to echo just how poor we looked for half an hour...completely off the pace. However, Ball did manage to miss two good chances for us just before half time, and then we were better in the second half...but nowhere near good enough.
agree 100% about O'Donnell. Just looks rooted to his line and doesn't give the defenders any help whatsoever. Wonder what Bradford fans thought of him?

Stockdale has to hold his hands up and admit that he got it badly wrong, and also that a couple of the players were very poor. Only our two wing backs came away with credit, plus Ethan Brierley who came on as sub.

I reckon Crewe would have lost to most teams in L2 based on that performance, so it is quite worrying for our prospects. Bottom 6 for us based on that.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
This chap knows his stuff. If you’re coming as an away fan to Gills this season have a stop off in Rochester for a few pints, something nice to eat or just a wander around. Can’t recommend it highly enough.

Salvador

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
This chap knows his stuff. If you’re coming as an away fan to Gills this season have a stop off in Rochester for a few pints, something nice to eat or just a wander around. Can’t recommend it highly enough.
I'm really looking forward to it. Rochester looks lovely with some great pubs and only about 10 mins from Gillingham by train. Unfortunately I couldn't see similar decent watering holes from my Google of Gillingham but I'm happy for a recommendation as I've got an hour to kill at FT before the train home.
My first visit to Gills. Always seemed to have been busy or skint in the past when the fixtures have fallen. I even missed our play off game a few years ago. Though I was glad about that!

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
I'm really looking forward to it. Rochester looks lovely with some great pubs and only about 10 mins from Gillingham by train. Unfortunately I couldn't see similar decent watering holes from my Google of Gillingham but I'm happy for a recommendation as I've got an hour to kill at FT before the train home.
My first visit to Gills. Always seemed to have been busy or skint in the past when the fixtures have fallen. I even missed our play off game a few years ago. Though I was glad about that!
There’s no where really in Gillingham that I’d recommend to drink, certainly not near the ground anyway, so you’ve made the right choice there.

As for Rochester pretty much all the pubs are independents bar a largish Wetherspoons at the top end of the high street (which is ok as far as they go). If you want to take in the view of the castle and cathedral I’d probably recommend Ye Arrow, the garden out the back is opposite both (both have free entry if you fancy a wander around them), it does decent enough food too.

It’s like a mini York really so just have a walk about and see where you fancy, hope you enjoy your trip but please leave 3 points behind!

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
Fairly similar to how I saw the game, and have to echo just how poor we looked for half an hour...completely off the pace. However, Ball did manage to miss two good chances for us just before half time, and then we were better in the second half...but nowhere near good enough.
agree 100% about O'Donnell. Just looks rooted to his line and doesn't give the defenders any help whatsoever. Wonder what Bradford fans thought of him?

Stockdale has to hold his hands up and admit that he got it badly wrong, and also that a couple of the players were very poor. Only our two wing backs came away with credit, plus Ethan Brierley who came on as sub.

I reckon Crewe would have lost to most teams in L2 based on that performance, so it is quite worrying for our prospects. Bottom 6 for us based on that.
O'Donnnell will always stay rooted to his line and will shout at defenders when he makes a mistake. Can't forecast after 1 game, Both Bradford and Doncaster looked bottom 6 on Saturday, give it a few more games. As an Asthma sufferer, I hope Crewe give the idiot who threw the smoke bomb more than a 12 month ban.

iWomble

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Going to revise my prediction to us being unbeaten champions, now we've won game for the first time in 7 months. Jack Currie is going to be worth an awful lot of money if he plays like he did on Saturday for the rest of the season. And the Brentford lad on loan, Maghoma, is a real talent too on that showing.

Quite an even game overall, but Gills only had one effort on target which tells its own story. Looks a thin squad too - the likes of Cheye Alexander on the bench aren't going to take you anywhere.

Far too soon to tell anything really but quite reassured by that. Luke McWho? Not sure he'd get a starting place right now even if he does recover from being "injured".

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
I'm not nearly as concerned as a lot of Gills fans seem to be about our weekend defeat. Wimbledon are our absolute bogey side - they always score either a screamer or a late goal against us, and Saturday was no exception. Squad isn't quite there yet, Lewis Walker wasn't registered in time thanks to the Italian FA having a big lunch, O'Keefe is a couple of weeks off and we're still 2 more signings away from a first team. Add in the fact that 9 of the starting 11 were debutants and all in all I'm honestly not that worried.

Rochdale had a similarly positive start though so that'll be a fun match next week on my birthday. Triffic.

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Going to revise my prediction to us being unbeaten champions, now we've won game for the first time in 7 months. Jack Currie is going to be worth an awful lot of money if he plays like he did on Saturday for the rest of the season. And the Brentford lad on loan, Maghoma, is a real talent too on that showing.

Quite an even game overall, but Gills only had one effort on target which tells its own story. Looks a thin squad too - the likes of Cheye Alexander on the bench aren't going to take you anywhere.

Far too soon to tell anything really but quite reassured by that. Luke McWho? Not sure he'd get a starting place right now even if he does recover from being "injured".
Steady on, it's one win.

After the many seasons we've struggled - apart from two - since promotion to the EFL, I'd be happy with mid-table obscurity upwards. And no flirting with relegation.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
O'Donnnell will always stay rooted to his line and will shout at defenders when he makes a mistake. Can't forecast after 1 game, Both Bradford and Doncaster looked bottom 6 on Saturday, give it a few more games. As an Asthma sufferer, I hope Crewe give the idiot who threw the smoke bomb more than a 12 month ban.
Yorkshire derby, huge crowd, massive expectations and the early leg break with an inept ref. I don’t think either set of fans can draw too much about their chances for the rest of the season from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!