Saturday 3rd October

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
It is amazing what happens if, as a club, you plan ahead which Crewe had the time to do as we managed it for our game at Accrington. We had 5 players who were feeling unwell or had a family member feeling unwell, so as a precaution they self isolated immediately. They were tested and if positive remain in isolation and if the result was negative then the club had made arrangements for them to travel up separately which happened for a number of them such as James Henry and Sam Long who then played*.

Now Crewe and Beckles could have done exactly the same, it is hardly that long a journey from Crewe to Oxford. He would have made it easily on Saturday, considering the time the negative result was received. At the worst it would have been 1 less sub if you hadn't taken somebody extra already. It was the obvious thing to do and would have kept your players safer, not incurred extra costs on yourselves, on us or the Hotel where you stayed and wherever else your squad stopped. Plus the game would have been played not causing a fixture backlog for both clubs.

Whoever made the decisions for Crewe after the positive test came back and coming to the ground/leaving the coach comes across as reckless in a week when local lockdowns and the measures have been increased significantly across the country. And the decisions by your club show utter disregard for the other Crewe players, their families and any vulnerable people they may have contact with.

As for Artell's interview, about all it was missing was chucking in "it is only a bit of Flu" with his disregard for Coronavirus considering he still wanted to play the game even after the positive test and the upward tick in the numbers across the UK.

*All players tested negative for Coronavirus but some weren't well enough to play still.
+assuming the reports are correct that he was the 2nd player tested positive
Once again, you, like most Oxford fans, don’t seem to quite be able to grasp what actually happened. Beckles got a private test because his wife asked him to. He had no symptoms. Nobody at the club knew he had a test. Because it was a private test and he had no symptoms, he had absolutely no obligation to self isolate, or indeed inform anybody of what he had done. So how could Crewe have asked Beckles to stay at home, when they didn’t know he had payed for his own test?
As for Crewe turning up at the ground, it would have been better to call ahead. However, how would the EFL have looked at that? We know how flaky they are, and we know they have threatened teams with expulsion from the Carabao Cup. With no guidance in place for a situation like this, how do you know exactly what to do? And besides, if Oxford correctly implement Covid protocols at their ground, then the Crewe players and staff won’t have been anywhere near your staff.
Storm in a teacup. Oxford fans are just angry they had their Saturday ruined and are lashing out. Completely melodramatic. Pretty pathetic really.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
The game got called off, but the Crewe players and staff should have been nowhere near the Kassam. If Artell did, indeed, say something about ‘infecting Oxford players’ he’s a fucking idiot.

Not only would the players be infected but they’d take it home to wives and kids.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Once again, you, like most Oxford fans, don’t seem to quite be able to grasp what actually happened. Beckles got a private test because his wife asked him to. He had no symptoms. Nobody at the club knew he had a test. Because it was a private test and he had no symptoms, he had absolutely no obligation to self isolate, or indeed inform anybody of what he had done. So how could Crewe have asked Beckles to stay at home, when they didn’t know he had payed for his own test?
As for Crewe turning up at the ground, it would have been better to call ahead. However, how would the EFL have looked at that? We know how flaky they are, and we know they have threatened teams with expulsion from the Carabao Cup. With no guidance in place for a situation like this, how do you know exactly what to do? And besides, if Oxford correctly implement Covid protocols at their ground, then the Crewe players and staff won’t have been anywhere near your staff.
Storm in a teacup. Oxford fans are just angry they had their Saturday ruined and are lashing out. Completely melodramatic. Pretty pathetic really.

Beckles had no legal obligation maybe, even though common sense and having some morals suggests you do self isolate in the middle of a pandemic if you think there is a risk, which he and his wife obviously thought there was. I would hope an employee that mixes closely with other employees would tell his employers and other employees otherwise the bloke is completely selfish and an arse. My brother and a few others I know who were tested self isolated until they got their result, so it isn't difficult as our players also demonstrated vs Accrington.

As I said getting down to Oxford on the day is hardly difficult, it is called playing it on the safe side and not further risking your own teammates and others. We managed to avoid risking others at the Accrington game after all and you are closer to us than that.

Why would the FL have cared if you had called ahead? Making the call would have shown common courtesy and respect or don't Crewe have any? You really think the FL would have expelled or punished Crewe for that and you are claiming we are melodramatic and pretty pathetic!

By the way we are quite clear and hot on implementing protocols, hence what happened with Accrington and having the common courtesy to not put Accrington at risk for 3 points even though it affected our team selection for the game.

Here is why it isn't melodramatic and was reckless by Crewe:

UK announces more than 10,000 new cases

It doesn't take much for one incident to spread to cause a local lockdown but no doubt you'll stick your fingers in your ears and call it melodramatic.

Last edited:

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Have a listen to the Artell interview yourself. It’s nothing like what is being reported.

The world is going mad. People are losing the plot, and we are losing all sense of rationality. Opposing squads don’t mix until the game kicks off. I just cannot see how anybody from Oxford has been put at risk. If the hotel and the club followed the correct protocols, all will be fine. The Crewe players and staff are the ones at risk.

Besides, only around 500 people under the age of 35 with no underlying health conditions have died from this disease. Get a grip.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Have a listen to the Artell interview yourself. It’s nothing like what is being reported.

The world is going mad. People are losing the plot, and we are losing all sense of rationality. Opposing squads don’t mix until the game kicks off. I just cannot see how anybody from Oxford has been put at risk. If the hotel and the club followed the correct protocols, all will be fine. The Crewe players and staff are the ones at risk.

Besides, only around 500 people under the age of 35 with no underlying health conditions have died from this disease. Get a grip.

I have listened to Artell's interview. And people under the age of 35 mix with older people and vulnerable people. Get a grip.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Ok, tell me this. This is what I really don’t understand, and something that nobody can explain to me. Where is the risk to the Oxford employees? Unless they all mixed freely when Crewe turned up at their shitty ground? Covid protocols dictate the squads don’t mix pre match.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
I have listened to Artell's interview. And people under the age of 35 mix with older people and vulnerable people. Get a grip.
So the two squads and staff mixed at the ground did they?

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton

They would have done though wouldn’t they?

That’s the point.

Why are you struggling to understand?

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
They would have done though wouldn’t they?

That’s the point.

Why are you struggling to understand?
No, they wouldn’t have done! Are people on a wind up or something? This is what I mean, the world is going mad and people can’t be rational! There is no mixing of squads or staff! That is part of the agreement with the government as to why football can be played. Changing rooms in car parks, using different corridors to get onto the pitch etc etc. The only mixing between clubs is on the pitch and a fist bump at the end between the benches. Just look at the pictures of Artell and Robinson discussing what to do, stood 2m apart on the pitch with masks on. If the squads have mixed then that is clearly a problem, but there are no indications that this has happened. Maybe the Oxford fans are confusing what their captain said “they came into our changing room”. Obviously he means the away changing room provided by the club. Why the hell would Crewe all troop into the home changing room? That would be madness.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United

Yes by having to share common space, ie. the Tunnel area. It really isn't difficult to understand.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
No, they wouldn’t have done!
There is no mixing of squads
The only mixing between clubs is on the pitch

305478E9-5212-4164-8D20-64A4A049790A.jpeg

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
No, they wouldn’t have done! Are people on a wind up or something? This is what I mean, the world is going mad and people can’t be rational! There is no mixing of squads or staff! That is part of the agreement with the government as to why football can be played. Changing rooms in car parks, using different corridors to get onto the pitch etc etc. The only mixing between clubs is on the pitch and a fist bump at the end between the benches. Just look at the pictures of Artell and Robinson discussing what to do, stood 2m apart on the pitch with masks on. If the squads have mixed then that is clearly a problem, but there are no indications that this has happened. Maybe the Oxford fans are confusing what their captain said “they came into our changing room”. Obviously he means the away changing room provided by the club. Why the hell would Crewe all troop into the home changing room? That would be madness.

I expect considering how heated it got according to Radio Oxford when it was being discussed then Oxford would have insisted on all safety measures after they had actually been told officially by your club. And yes, it appears some of yours came into our home dressing room and that is apparently how we first found out about the positive test according to the interviews I've heard.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Well that wouldn’t be following Covid protocols, which would clearly be a worry. If common areas need to be shared (eg if there is not a separate route to the pitch) then the areas must be used separately. Which is why you see at some grounds teams coming out a minute or so apart at kick off.

I repeat, there has been no indication that the squads and staff mixed. Nobody at the ground has said that happened. Only people on Twitter, Facebook and here have claimed that.

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
1601813246386.png

"Just look at the pictures of Artell and Robinson discussing what to do, stood 2m apart on the pitch with masks on."

Yes, and one of them is further displaying his stupidity by not even being capable of wearing his fucking mask properly!!!!

Keep digging Danny C.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
I expect considering how heated it got according to Radio Oxford when it was being discussed then Oxford would have insisted on all safety measures after they had actually been told officially by your club. And yes, it appears some of yours came into our home dressing room and that is apparently how we first found out about the positive test according to the interviews I've heard.
Well, if our players were allowed into your dressing room, then both clubs are guilty of a major breach. Even without the positive tests at Crewe, that type of behaviour clearly contravenes the Covid framework. But that is what your fans claim happened. Again, there is no indication that this is true. Another rumour is one of our players spoke to one of yours in the morning, and you actually found out before we arrived. Again, rumours. Nobody knowthe truth except those that were there.

I have no doubt that Oxford have followed all the correct protocols, going off what Robinson and your chief executive said. I can’t for a second see Robinson allow opposition players into his dressing room given how passionately he spoke yesterday about following procedures.

I reiterate, if all procedures were followed by Oxford, there would have been no mixing of players and staff.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
View attachment 13189

"Just look at the pictures of Artell and Robinson discussing what to do, stood 2m apart on the pitch with masks on."

Yes, and one of them is further displaying his stupidity by not even being capable of wearing his fucking mask properly!!!!

Keep digging Danny C.
47FA043B-E8A2-496A-A0A5-2FEABBE39212.png

Oopsy

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Well, if our players were allowed into your dressing room, then both clubs are guilty of a major breach. Even without the positive tests at Crewe, that type of behaviour clearly contravenes the Covid framework. But that is what your fans claim happened. Again, there is no indication that this is true. Another rumour is one of our players spoke to one of yours in the morning, and you actually found out before we arrived. Again, rumours. Nobody knowthe truth except those that were there.

I have no doubt that Oxford have followed all the correct protocols, going off what Robinson and your chief executive said. I can’t for a second see Robinson allow opposition players into his dressing room given how passionately he spoke yesterday about following procedures.

I reiterate, if all procedures were followed by Oxford, there would have been no mixing of players and staff.

Oxford won't have guards on the dressing room doors, as it wouldn't be essential staff, to just stop a player or official of yours walking in. It was mentioned by a player and club official that yours came into our dressing room in interviews.

And you are still ignoring common areas and that your club screwed up.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Oxford won't have guards on the dressing room doors, as it wouldn't be essential staff, to just stop a player or official of yours walking in. It was mentioned by a player and club official that yours came into our dressing room in interviews.

Scroll up, I talk extensively on common areas. I think I quite literally replied to you.

Show me the quotes please on our players breaking Covid rules and going into your dressing room? Like I said, if this did happen, then both teams have broken the rules.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Anyway, cba anymore. The faux outrage is mind blowing.

My opinion is Crewe should have turned up, stayed on the coach in the car park, sent a representative in to say what had gone on. They should then have been allowed into the changing room whilst discussions were on going. Once the game was off, go on their way. No mixing. Simple.

However, as I have made clear in other posts, if Oxford and Crewe once at the ground followed Covid protocols, it shouldn’t matter anyway as there would have been no mixing.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Anyway, cba anymore. The faux outrage is mind blowing.

My opinion is Crewe should have turned up, stayed on the coach in the car park, sent a representative in to say what had gone on. They should then have been allowed into the changing room whilst discussions were on going. Once the game was off, go on their way. No mixing. Simple.

However, as I have made clear in other posts, if Oxford and Crewe once at the ground followed Covid protocols, it shouldn’t matter anyway as there would have been no mixing.

Deluded.

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United

There's wearing a mask, as per my picture, and not wearing a mask, as in your picture. In an outdoor situation, 2m apart, either are acceptable, you've said this yourself. But in both pictures Dave Artell is illustrating how to wear a mask and still get it wrong. That clearly illustrates my point that he's a clueless imbecile not fit to be responsible for the health of others when he can't even wear a fucking mask properly.

Serious question. Are you always this fucking tedious?

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Quite clear that Oxford fans are now accusing their own club of not following Covid safe protocols. Allowing the teams to mix is ridiculous (I don’t think you did allow the teams to mix, but clearly you lot think otherwise) and if that carries on, it won’t be long at all until football is suspended.

I reiterate. If the Covid framework is followed correctly, the squads and staff have no interaction before 3pm. Really don’t understand what you are all so petrified about. Bizarre behaviour. Not rational.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
There's wearing a mask, as per my picture, and not wearing a mask, as in your picture. In an outdoor situation, 2m apart, either are acceptable, you've said this yourself. But in both pictures Dave Artell is illustrating how to wear a mask and still get it wrong. That clearly illustrates my point that he's a clueless imbecile not fit to be responsible for the health of others when he can't even wear a fucking mask properly.

Serious question. Are you always this fucking tedious?
Yes I am.

As you said yourself they are over 2m apart so mask wearing outside is not needed. Using your logic, Artell can cover his arse hole with the mask if he wants. No obligation to cover his nose. As you correctly point out.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe

5544BADA-2353-43F0-945B-4D22D7742E2C.png

I assume this guidance would have been followed in regards to the tunnel.

NorthwestOx

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
The faux outrage is mind blowing.

You're deluded.
This is not 'faux outrage', this is genuine astonishment that a professional football club could have acted so recklessly.

You had a positive result following a game last Tuesday, yet none of the other players were offered a test through the club. Beckles to his credit organised his own test.

Forget the football, if we are to stop this virus, then we all have to act responsibly.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
You're deluded.
This is not 'faux outrage', this is genuine astonishment that a professional football club could have acted so recklessly.

You had a positive result following a game last Tuesday, yet none of the other players were offered a test through the club. Beckles to his credit organised his own test.

Forget the football, if we are to stop this virus, then we all have to act responsibly.
As I am sure will come out when Crewe put their side across in the coming days, the FL knew about Wintle testing positive, and advised that there was no point in testing until Monday because of the 5 day incubation period (ie you cannot test too soon in case of a false negative). They advised if anybody showed symptoms, they were to immediately isolate and have a test as soon as possible. I assume this is why the club carried on as usual with Beckles. Sent him home to isolate, nobody else showing symptoms so they assumed they were good to go.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
And to reiterate ONCE AGAIN, if Oxford followed the correct protocols, none of their employees are at risk.

NorthwestOx

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
As I am sure will come out when Crewe put their side across in the coming days, the FL knew about Wintle testing positive, and advised that there was no point in testing until Monday because of the 5 day incubation period (ie you cannot test too soon in case of a false negative). They advised if anybody showed symptoms, they were to immediately isolate and have a test as soon as possible. I assume this is why the club carried on as usual with Beckles. Sent him home to isolate, nobody else showing symptoms so they assumed they were good to go.

I'm not really buying that the EFL advised not to test the whole squad for 5 days, I know they have their faults, but that seems far fetched. Beckles obviously thought that was rubbish too, as he organised his own test.

What you are failing to realise is that when Wintle tested positive, he had already unkowingly passed the virus around the Crewe squad, probably 5 days before.

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Yes I am.

As you said yourself they are over 2m apart so mask wearing outside is not needed. Using your logic, Artell can cover his arse hole with the mask if he wants. No obligation to cover his nose. As you correctly point out.

Which would be yet another way of illustrating that he's an imbecile, although he doesn't appear to need much help in that department.

Come to think of it, he's not your dad is he?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yellowman

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!