Saturday 4th September

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Huge win and much improved second half. We should have been buried by half time. But credit to the manager whatever he said at half time worked.

Scunny Pacifist

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe
Fucking shit. Just liquidate the club so we can start again you fat dirty c*** Swann. So pissed off. What a waste of a Saturday. Fuck you as well Cox you yes man

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Huge win and much improved second half. We should have been buried by half time. But credit to the manager whatever he said at half time worked.

I thought Salford were supposed to be the favourites for the title, just like last season.

It's time the class of 92 accept that they can't go any further with a club who only have six fans..

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Thought it was a good game and probably the right result, though Dawson had to make some good saves for us. We were just missing the final ball (again).

James Frost

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Good substitutions by Flynn today, brought us back in to the game.

County woeful for the first hour with the big centre forward for Orient, Smith, causing all sorts of problems. Farquharson largely neutralised him though once he came on to replace Dolan. The second sub Telford scored the equalizer and what a talent the young lad Livermore looks, he needs to be in the starting 11 no question.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Scunny were terrible. Should have been 4 or 5.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Rank bad finishing cost us the game today, its that simple. Had more than enough chances but Cook, Vernam and Crankshaw all guilty of missing absolute sitters.

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Smash and grab from us, we created nothing all game apart from the last ten or so. Pools only have themselves to blame, they were dictating the game throughout but then seemed to stop playing for the win and started kicking it straight back to us. Which had seemingly been our main tactic throughout.

We evidently don't know what shape to play, or the personnel to play in it. Get that right we may actually score some more of those goal things everyone got excited about at the end. Two goals in six matches is relegation material, yet we somehow have two wins and four clean sheets.

Pools fans were amazing, top effort and sang throughout. Shame the game wasn't better.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Fucking shit. Just liquidate the club so we can start again you fat dirty c*** Swann. So pissed off. What a waste of a Saturday. Fuck you as well Cox you yes man
How can you blame Cox? He has the worst squad in the FL due to budget constraints and yet we have picked up 6 points this season.

We didn't stand a chance today after the red card, Cox was let down today by stupidity.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Well, that feels like a defeat. Think Walsall scored from their only attack - certainly only attempt at goal. They then go down to ten men before half-time, and you’ve got to fancy your chances to put a few passed them.

Obviously, we completely dominated the second-half; silly amount of corners, but all a bit powder puff, really.

Vernam should’ve hurried his chance in the first half. Disappointing not to pick up all three points - just not ruthless enough.

Spot on, Firthy.

Not sure what Walsall fans saw to think they deserved to go in at half time level. We deserved to be well in front after missing sitters. I said to my dad at half time we wouldn't come away with the win. Our attacking play is so predictable and Wallsall defended well when they weren't time wasting. It really feels like a defeat and it's one of the reasons this side won't be top 3 come the end of the season; We don't simply have the required quality to put poor sides like Walsall away. A big two points dropped. Needs to be better.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
So, after 6 games, can most of us say the standard is average at best. Mediocre even. No stand out side at the moment.

Reactions: Cas

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Massive win, and one that didn't look to be on the cards after the first half.

First half I don't think we knew what we were doing and ended up just lumping it forward aimlessly, despite that we got an early goal from a set piece (well, long throw) and Salford had multiple easy scoring chances. Magnus Norman pulled off an amazing save one minute, only to completely fluff a clearance the next minute, and then let in a very soft goal just before half time. Felt lucky to be still in it and looked as though there was only one team who could win.

We're struggling to play in the way that was so effective last season with the players we currently have at our disposal. The balls forward aren't clever ones into channels that midfielders and wingers can pick up and start playing nice football with, because neither the players making the passes nor the ones recieving them are the same so we end up looking almost as if our plan is to just hoof it upfield for a front three to chase as often as possible in the hope that somehow the defenders don't just tidy it up.

Second half we managed to adjust a bit, I wouldn't say we became excellent but we managed to play in a manner which suited our players. Also took Zach Clough off, he's probably the most skillful forward we have but not much use when we lack the ability to get it where he can do something with it, he's not Joshua Kayode, not by a long stretch. Salford faded a lot too perhaps having expected to win easily, and as things turned in our favour the players' spirits seemed lifted and we essentially had Jon Mellish to thank for just steamrolling into Salford like an American footballer, inspiring the players around him and getting on the end of the cross for the winning goal himself. We had chances to make it 3-1 that we didn't take and ended up with it being nervy to the end, though Salford failed to really threaten in the last ten.

Improvement is needed though, Salford are known for having a soft underbelly and not every team will react the way they did to an improvement on our part and we can't be playing like we did in that first half again.

The two debutants Mellor and Gibson both played well, It was Gibson who came on for Clough and just seemed add a bit of intelligence when it came to collecting and using the ball (admittedly in a different role, it's not that Clough didn't have those things, he didn't have the opportunity).

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Pools can feel very hard done to with today’s results. Like us a striker issue, but unlike Rovers lots of quality ball into the box, with nobody to apply the finishing touch.

From a Rovers perspective hope we don’t line up like that again!

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
So, after 6 games, can most of us say the standard is average at best. Mediocre even. No stand out side at the moment.

It's absolutely woeful, Dan. The team we had when we won the playoffs in 2013 had way more quality. I reckon we'd piss the league with that team.

Attila the hun

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
6th home game of the season 5th pitch invasion the worst run club in the football league Easy 3 puts for barrow who are in all honesty a poor side but are light years ahead of us Ollie banks who was dog shit for us looked like pirlo today shows how bad we are more protest planned in the coming weeks I would imagine Rochdale away will be toxic. I wouldn’t put it past the owners to not request tickets The fighting today was the heavy handed security team that the owners are now employing in addition to the steward wading into basically a bunch of kids shameful behaviour the police just stood and watched I’ve been going since 1969 and today was the worst I’ve known don’t know if I will go again under these owners

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
We have played the top three and drawn with them all.
So no.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Easiest 3-0 you'll see at Oldham.
apart from Nicky Adams and Dylan Fage Oldham showed nothing going forward.
goals from Ollie Banks (3rd in a week) from 25 yards, Zanzala (3rd of the season) who waltzed past 3 defenders to score and Grayson direct from a free kick.
Keith Curle scouring the Boundary Park car park as we speak looking for a half-brick and a discarded tube of lip-balm.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Oh look at the league! We are sandwiched in 8th between our two great rivals Hartlepool and Barrow. :eek:

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
If we'd come away with a point it would have been a travesty but lose it is gutting. We only have ourselves to blame, chances galore, loads of great delivery in the box and no fucker there. Frustrating isn't the half of it.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Massive win, and one that didn't look to be on the cards after the first half.

First half I don't think we knew what we were doing and ended up just lumping it forward aimlessly, despite that we got an early goal from a set piece (well, long throw) and Salford had multiple easy scoring chances. Magnus Norman pulled off an amazing save one minute, only to completely fluff a clearance the next minute, and then let in a very soft goal just before half time. Felt lucky to be still in it and looked as though there was only one team who could win.

We're struggling to play in the way that was so effective last season with the players we currently have at our disposal. The balls forward aren't clever ones into channels that midfielders and wingers can pick up and start playing nice football with, because neither the players making the passes nor the ones recieving them are the same so we end up looking almost as if our plan is to just hoof it upfield for a front three to chase as often as possible in the hope that somehow the defenders don't just tidy it up.

Second half we managed to adjust a bit, I wouldn't say we became excellent but we managed to play in a manner which suited our players. Also took Zach Clough off, he's probably the most skillful forward we have but not much use when we lack the ability to get it where he can do something with it, he's not Joshua Kayode, not by a long stretch. Salford faded a lot too perhaps having expected to win easily, and as things turned in our favour the players' spirits seemed lifted and we essentially had Jon Mellish to thank for just steamrolling into Salford like an American footballer, inspiring the players around him and getting on the end of the cross for the winning goal himself. We had chances to make it 3-1 that we didn't take and ended up with it being nervy to the end, though Salford failed to really threaten in the last ten.

Improvement is needed though, Salford are known for having a soft underbelly and not every team will react the way they did to an improvement on our part and we can't be playing like we did in that first half again.

The two debutants Mellor and Gibson both played well, It was Gibson who came on for Clough and just seemed add a bit of intelligence when it came to collecting and using the ball (admittedly in a different role, it's not that Clough didn't have those things, he didn't have the opportunity).
That first half was worse than Hartlepool I thought. It was dire. The direct tactics were absolutely puzzling considering the personnel we had out there. Credit to beech for whatever he said at half time, it worked. But I hope he now realises that these kind of tactics don’t suit the playing squad he has.

Huge win. I think we’re going to struggle this season but if we can somehow get 6, 7 or even 9 points from the next 3 games, it would give us a big cushion going into the really tough games that follow.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
That first half was worse than Hartlepool I thought. It was dire. The direct tactics were absolutely puzzling considering the personnel we had out there. Credit to beech for whatever he said at half time, it worked. But I hope he now realises that these kind of tactics don’t suit the playing squad he has.

Huge win. I think we’re going to struggle this season but if we can somehow get 6, 7 or even 9 points from the next 3 games, it would give us a big cushion going into the really tough games that follow.
Yeah I mean I think he's tried to keep the system from last season and get the new payers playing it but it hasn't worked so far. I presume that's what we were trying to do anyway, that we weren't deliberately just booting the ball into 'somewhere in the attacking third'.

Anyway... massive excitement with our first winnable game of the season up next.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Yeah I mean I think he's tried to keep the system from last season and get the new payers playing it but it hasn't worked so far. I presume that's what we were trying to do anyway, that we weren't deliberately just booting the ball into 'somewhere in the attacking third'.

Anyway... massive excitement with our first winnable game of the season up next.
That system would be ok if we played some actual football. We did at times first half of last season, and even when we did go direct we went direct to Kayode. If Clough is going to be playing anywhere in the forward line, we can’t be lumping balls above his head.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Smash and grab from us, we created nothing all game apart from the last ten or so. Pools only have themselves to blame, they were dictating the game throughout but then seemed to stop playing for the win and started kicking it straight back to us. Which had seemingly been our main tactic throughout.

We evidently don't know what shape to play, or the personnel to play in it. Get that right we may actually score some more of those goal things everyone got excited about at the end. Two goals in six matches is relegation material, yet we somehow have two wins and four clean sheets.

Pools fans were amazing, top effort and sang throughout. Shame the game wasn't better.

Very much how I saw the game too.

Again, top effort from the Hartlepool fans at PP today.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Hartlepool the much better side for 75 mins of that game. Looked like we wanted to match them up but we really struggled to do that. They had a stupid amount of joy down our left side. That Sterry is a tidy player.

Hawkes coming on changed the game and we were much the better side going into the final 15. Definitely a smash and grab it you lay the price for not taking your chances.

I think we’ve got a good squad of players now but we need to find the right style of play. When we do, we’ll be a good team to watch but until then, it’s a matter of grinding out results.

Oh and the Hartlepool fans were the best we’ve had at Prenton Park for a long while. Hats off.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
It was the quality of our bench which got us the victory today, which I think was deserved in the end.

It was basically a midfield stalemate for 60 minutes: Hartlepool put a lot of decent balls into our box, but Joe Murphy did not have a save to make in the entire game. Pools lost their attacking threat when Burey went off, whereas we were revitalised by MacManaman and Hawkes in the final twenty minutes. Hartlepool visibly tired and our winner was not a great surprise when it arrived.

I think Mellon knows the 532 does not really suit us, but has played five at the back while we have been struggling for gaols purely to allow us to grind out a result like today's. Hopefully we will turn the corner now, because there is certainly enough quality in the squad to move up the table.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
6th home game of the season 5th pitch invasion the worst run club in the football league Easy 3 puts for barrow who are in all honesty a poor side but are light years ahead of us Ollie banks who was dog shit for us looked like pirlo today shows how bad we are more protest planned in the coming weeks I would imagine Rochdale away will be toxic. I wouldn’t put it past the owners to not request tickets The fighting today was the heavy handed security team that the owners are now employing in addition to the steward wading into basically a bunch of kids shameful behaviour the police just stood and watched I’ve been going since 1969 and today was the worst I’ve known don’t know if I will go again under these owners

I didn't think we looked a poor side by any stretch - no team would have had to look good to beat you today.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Well first half we missed two glorious opportunities to be 3 up before they scored, then we let them have a simple ball across the box for a tap in. Credit to Walsall though, it was probably one of those games where getting a man sent off helped as they stopped having ago and getting hit on the break and just sat everyone behind the ball second half and we didn’t really have an answer except a chance from about 3 yards out that the keeper somehow saved. 2 points dropped but we’ll all have them throughout the season.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Agreed, sounded like we missed some great chances first half and early in the second half, Tranmere seemingly well on top last 15 (introduction of Hawkes) but we can't keep fluffing opportunities like we do, Cullen and Olomola need to step it up now if we're going to be without Burey for a spell.

That was really frustTran,mere

Agreed, sounded like we missed some great chances first half and early in the second half, Tranmere seemingly well on top last 15 (introduction of Hawkes) but we can't keep fluffing opportunities like we do, Cullen and Olomola need to step it up now if we're going to be without Burey for a spell.

That was really frustrating.
Tranmere were never on top, If certain players decide not to gamble on getting into the 6yard box while the ball is out wide, then they need to take a long hard look at themselves.
Giveing away a needless corner(Led to the goal) in the last minute when the player was facing the corner flag
Is kids football.
Pools by far the better team, A very hard lesson will have been learned today.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
It was the quality of our bench which got us the victory today, which I think was deserved in the end.

It was basically a midfield stalemate for 60 minutes: Hartlepool put a lot of decent balls into our box, but Joe Murphy did not have a save to make in the entire game. Pools lost their attacking threat when Burey went off, whereas we were revitalised by MacManaman and Hawkes in the final twenty minutes. Hartlepool visibly tired and our winner was not a great surprise when it arrived.

I think Mellon knows the 532 does not really suit us, but has played five at the back while we have been struggling for gaols purely to allow us to grind out a result like today's. Hopefully we will turn the corner now, because there is certainly enough quality in the squad to move up the table.

Wasn't deserved at all. Hit the post, cleared off the line, scuffed shots in good positions, balls right across the box time again. In what way deserved? Yes better side last 15 when Hawkes inevitably comes on and clothes lines us but we should've been 2 or 3 up by that time. Completely pissed the points away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!