Saturday 4th September

Salvador

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Absolutely awful result that. Three terrible goals to concede and countless missed chances. All the hard work last week undone with that.
About 15 mins in I thought that was going to be a heavy defeat. You seemed to have chance after chance. We were very lucky not to be 2/3-0 down. After we went 1-1 though we seemed the team In control, despite a few lapses in defence. A good game and I think both teams will finish in a similar position, around the top 6.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
DC will do things like that that puzzle you ask Rovers fans sure they will say the same mate.
DC is a frustrating manager, each game is a project with a different team/formation each game. As posted above, even mid-game he'll make odd changes.

When it goes right (as it mostly did for us), he's the greatest manager you've ever witnessed. When it goes wrong, he's a fool.

Seems like us and Walsall fans caught opposite ends of it tbh

Salvador

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
6th home game of the season 5th pitch invasion the worst run club in the football league Easy 3 puts for barrow who are in all honesty a poor side but are light years ahead of us Ollie banks who was dog shit for us looked like pirlo today shows how bad we are more protest planned in the coming weeks I would imagine Rochdale away will be toxic. I wouldn’t put it past the owners to not request tickets The fighting today was the heavy handed security team that the owners are now employing in addition to the steward wading into basically a bunch of kids shameful behaviour the police just stood and watched I’ve been going since 1969 and today was the worst I’ve known don’t know if I will go again under these owners
I’m a bit worried your fans will cause an A-A with protesting tbf. I’d imagine most Dale fans are behind the Oldham cause of ousting their owners given the crap we had this summer. But if there’s disruption at our game with pitch invasions etc it will erode the good will.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
About 15 mins in I thought that was going to be a heavy defeat. You seemed to have chance after chance. We were very lucky not to be 2/3-0 down. After we went 1-1 though we seemed the team In control, despite a few lapses in defence. A good game and I think both teams will finish in a similar position, around the top 6.

I think Beesley looks like a really good frontman for your team. Also thought highly of the lad wearing number 18. We really struggled to get to grips with him while he was on. Thought Rochdale looked a decent side overall to be honest.

SELatic

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
We really are in dire straits. Really sad to see what we’ve become but action is needed. The protesting gets my full support - we need to get our club back. I really do fear for our future at this moment in time, there appears to be no easy way out. Things are getting nasty and will get worse before they get better… I just hope they do get better.

Last edited:

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Absolutely not a deserved win. Your problems up front were notable, in that a team with a competent striker would have stuck at least three away with the service provided down the flanks. We were torn to shreds down the right for most of the game. Up front for us, Maynard had a very uninspiring debut and barely touched the ball, and Elliott Nevitt had three men on him every time the ball was poked his way. We've scored two in six games for a reason - we move the ball really slowly and have shown zero creativity. The subs showed promising glimpses of potentially going someway to fix that.

We're shite/finding our feet (same thing), but based on what I've seen so far, Pools are a striker short of having a pretty decent season, as everything else seemed to be there.

Good post, yeah I honestly think we could have a good season if we sort the forwards out. There is nowt to fear in this league. I'd say defences are more organised and you get punished much more, other than that the two levels are similar.

As for Tranmere, you looked solid enough but no threat at all until you brought on Hawkes and MacManaman who have quality. Proper game and great atmosphere. The type of games you get 2 or 3 times a season in the NL. Nice to be back in the FL to be honest just wasn't our day and a harsh lesson to learn.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Good post, yeah I honestly think we could have a good season if we sort the forwards out. There is nowt to fear in this league. I'd say defences are more organised and you get punished much more, other than that the two levels are similar.

As for Tranmere, you looked solid enough but no threat at all until you brought on Hawkes and MacManaman who have quality. Proper game and great atmosphere. The type of games you get 2 or 3 times a season in the NL. Nice to be back in the FL to be honest just wasn't our day and a harsh lesson to learn.

I believe you were the better side and even if stats are similar, you still get a feel for who the better team is. That said, if you can’t put the ball in the back of the net, then it doesn’t matter how much you deserve it because you’re likely to get nothing!

I think you’ll be fine this season and will be a top half team for sure. Selfishly was relieved to see Burey come off because he looked a real danger but wish him all the best in his recovery.

Like you mentioned, it was a good fixture like it normally is between us. Two proper teams having a go with fans from both getting behind them to make it a great atmosphere. Will certainly try and get to Hartlepool for the return leg.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
DC is a frustrating manager, each game is a project with a different team/formation each game. As posted above, even mid-game he'll make odd changes.

When it goes right (as it mostly did for us), he's the greatest manager you've ever witnessed. When it goes wrong, he's a fool.

Seems like us and Walsall fans caught opposite ends of it tbh

Yeah “the project” you can tell why they’ve paired him with “trust the process” Flitcroft like one of these sales training courses you go on with random phrasing!

He got it wrong yesterday although as he rightly points out it doesn’t really matter what formation you play if you have a defensive mare like that.

On the flip side his changes against Stevenage changed the game in our favour when we were getting over run and we should have won that so it is important to take the context in it, this is the first time I can really say he got it very wrong that I recall in terms of changes.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Yeah “the project” you can tell why they’ve paired him with “trust the process” Flitcroft like one of these sales training courses you go on with random phrasing!

He got it wrong yesterday although as he rightly points out it doesn’t really matter what formation you play if you have a defensive mare like that.

On the flip side his changes against Stevenage changed the game in our favour when we were getting over run and we should have won that so it is important to take the context in it, this is the first time I can really say he got it very wrong that I recall in terms of changes.
Sounds fair, I’d say that’s pretty decent going as well to only get one wrong after what, 20-25 games?

One other thing about DC is that he is very much a manager who looks to go in 0-0 at half time and turn the screw in the 2nd half, he’s said so himself.

Works great when you’re playing competitive opposition, but frustrating as hell when you’re at home to bottom of the table!

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I think we're all frustrated after a pretty poor start to the league campaign. Play like we did in the first 20 minutes and no team in this league will live with us. I'm at a loss as to what happened after that. The 3 goals were as bad defending as you'll see.

It seems most of the team had an off day including the manager. We had another fairly decent gate yesterday and we simply have to win our home games. Swindon up next who we never beat, so going to have to up our game significantly.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
annoying goals to concede for sure but rochdale i thought were pretty good to be honest. controlled the game after the first 15-20 mins and took their chances well.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Are you any good at countering mesmerising fanny football?

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Are you any good at countering mesmerising fanny football?
If we can work out how to properly unlock defences we'll be in for a great season. At the moment the final ball or the cross into the box just isn't on the money. Everyone in the team is decent on the ball and we play some cracking football at times but in the final third we aren't there yet. It sounds like Vale have problems at the back so hopefully this plays into our hands.

The new kid Gilbert looks like he's decent and Jonny Williams will be back so we'll hopefully be more potent on Saturday.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
If we can work out how to properly unlock defences we'll be in for a great season. At the moment the final ball or the cross into the box just isn't on the money. Everyone in the team is decent on the ball and we play some cracking football at times but in the final third we aren't there yet. It sounds like Vale have problems at the back so hopefully this plays into our hands.

The new kid Gilbert looks like he's decent and Jonny Williams will be back so we'll hopefully be more potent on Saturday.

We had problems at the back on Saturday in terms of not being able to deal with Beesley and one of their wide players but other than that we’ve been very tough to break down. I don’t know if Swindon have a physical number 9 like Dale have though?

I hope I’m right but I think it was more a one off than the norm at that end of the pitch. Our bigger issue so far has been putting together a full 90 minute performance. We’ve looked really good in patches of games and the opposite in others so it’s just a case of finding a middle ground.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
We had problems at the back on Saturday in terms of not being able to deal with Beesley and one of their wide players but other than that we’ve been very tough to break down. I don’t know if Swindon have a physical number 9 like Dale have though?

I hope I’m right but I think it was more a one off than the norm at that end of the pitch. Our bigger issue so far has been putting together a full 90 minute performance. We’ve looked really good in patches of games and the opposite in others so it’s just a case of finding a middle ground.

Tyrese Simpson can probably be described as physical. Leicester Tigers offered him a pro rugby contract so yeah he's pretty physical.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Can’t jump for toffee, though. Ball pings off him like a 50p piece more often than not. He’s a strange one, really. Doesn’t seem a Garner sort at all. Gilbert on the other hand . . .

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Can’t jump for toffee, though. Ball pings off him like a 50p piece more often than not. He’s a strange one, really. Doesn’t seem a Garner sort at all. Gilbert on the other hand . . .
Agree with the first point. The second might be a little harsh. He has his moments where the ball does bounce of him but I think his touch and hold up play isn't bad. Gilbert does look a good player mind, Brentford have a talented player on their hands I reckon.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I’ve gone pub now, but my analysis is the referee is wank and our defence is significantly worse.
Looking forward to Walsall :D

Yeah i was in the sandy pate after the reds.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
No Salford fans on here but I had a look at their forum... they ain't happy. One of them is calling for calm but the other two are leaning towards sacking Bowyer. They also say they're losing fans at an alarming rate, which I didn't think was possible, I mean we lost fans at an 'alarming rate' after a series of medicore league one seasons but probably lost more fans in that period than Salford even have.

A reasonable number of away fans did turn up yesterday to be fair to them, but then they'll have been in high spirits what with Ronaldo signing for them and all.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Burey might be out for 3 months. That is a big blow.

Time for Fela or Cullen to step up. The former isnt a poacher and the latter who is, is miles off it at the minute. if we only had Luke Armstrong. He'd have scored at least one or two out there today.
Maybe Matty Daly, Looked promising against Carlisle.

Northenblues

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
E-c-tUEXIAEm882.jpeg

All that money and couldn't beat the Beech Boys

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Absolutely not a deserved win. Your problems up front were notable, in that a team with a competent striker would have stuck at least three away with the service provided down the flanks. We were torn to shreds down the right for most of the game. Up front for us, Maynard had a very uninspiring debut and barely touched the ball, and Elliott Nevitt had three men on him every time the ball was poked his way. We've scored two in six games for a reason - we move the ball really slowly and have shown zero creativity. The subs showed promising glimpses of potentially going someway to fix that.

We're shite/finding our feet (same thing), but based on what I've seen so far, Pools are a striker short of having a pretty decent season, as everything else seemed to be there.
Dave Challinor loves Tranmere, Speaks emotionally and with real respect for the club and its fans.

And thats were you guys went wrong.
Should have made our Chairman an offer he couldn,t refuse.

He really is that good, And the biggest plus is he himself is still learning.

Enjoyed the game yesterday (as much as you can enjoy a defeat) but we
really did deserve at the very least a point.

Reactions: Boz

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I believe you were the better side and even if stats are similar, you still get a feel for who the better team is. That said, if you can’t put the ball in the back of the net, then it doesn’t matter how much you deserve it because you’re likely to get nothing!

I think you’ll be fine this season and will be a top half team for sure. Selfishly was relieved to see Burey come off because he looked a real danger but wish him all the best in his recovery.

Like you mentioned, it was a good fixture like it normally is between us. Two proper teams having a go with fans from both getting behind them to make it a great atmosphere. Will certainly try and get to Hartlepool for the return leg.
You will love the atmosphere at the Vic, Everybody does.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
No Salford fans on here but I had a look at their forum... they ain't happy. One of them is calling for calm but the other two are leaning towards sacking Bowyer. They also say they're losing fans at an alarming rate, which I didn't think was possible, I mean we lost fans at an 'alarming rate' after a series of medicore league one seasons but probably lost more fans in that period than Salford even have.

A reasonable number of away fans did turn up yesterday to be fair to them, but then they'll have been in high spirits what with Ronaldo signing for them and all.

They only got 1300 the other week.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Dave Challinor loves Tranmere, Speaks emotionally and with real respect for the club and its fans.

And thats were you guys went wrong.
Should have made our Chairman an offer he couldn,t refuse.

He really is that good, And the biggest plus is he himself is still learning.

Enjoyed the game yesterday (as much as you can enjoy a defeat) but we
really did deserve at the very least a point.
DC tries to set his teams up to play attractive attacking football, the same with you as Fylde. As recent events have shown, Rovers a bit strapped for cash ourselves, so no irresistible offers were going to be forthcoming. Would like to see him in charge at Rovers one day, though probably not happening any time soon.

Agree Pools deserved something from yesterday's game..

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I have got a lot of respect for Dave Challinor and would like to see him in charge here one day. However, Micky Mellon is one of the greatest managers we have ever had, and the best in this division in my view, and I personally would not want anybody else managing us at this time.

You can take some of the comments above about Mellon with a pinch of salt to be honest. His teams generally play attacking football, but ultimately he is a winner, and he will be as pragmatic as is necessary to be successful.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Couldn't get to the game, in France, and didn't get to watch on iFollow as I had to be other, extremely dull, places.

Just watched the highlights and we still look penniless in a brothel. I rate Nadesan but I don't think he will ever be more than a ten goal a season striker. He is just unlucky in front of goal.

The Clarke goal sums Crawley up. A player wanders past ours puts a cross in to a completely unmarked forward. Obviously better than against Charlton and FGR but we have to learn that we cannot keep letting in soft goals and get anywhere.

Told the Gas fans gave a cheer for Tony Craig on his return. Touch of class that...should boo his first touch though.

Oh well, onwards to the next one.

Casey

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United

Whoa whoa hold on a sec there Soup. Don't let the garbage that is spouted nowadays on the NL forum get to your head. You know what I'm ref. to, that crap about the National league being on a par or even better than L2 cos that's just not true.

Yes I'm with with on there being nothing nowt to fear in L2 but that should be the mindset adopted by every single newly promoted club outside the PL of course. Obviously a lot depends on the current crop of players at promotion winning sides but it's also a fact that such clubs always add more quality to the starting XI during preseason in anticipation of a tougher year ahead. Another thing is that more than a few of promoted sides start reasonably well (my club included) but it's how they fare when we get to Jan and Feb that's truly a good indicator of the overall strength of any side.

Now don't get me wrong cos I have a lot of time for Pools but I think it's fair to say that the fixture list has been kind to you. Five games in and the only side that you've come up against that is expected to make the top 7 is Tranmere and even then they haven't had the best of starts. OTOH, Sutton's first couple of games were away at two of the more fancied sides, FGR and Salford.

I hope you Poolies are in for a good year and I wish you luck but it's a good idea to not underestimate the step up from the connie to L2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!