Saturday 5th February: League & FA Cup

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Colchester at home.

Regrettably I will be voting with my feet and not turning up for this one, we've scored 1 in 6 and look absolutely rubbish.

Get rid of jackett and his negative anti-football.

Hope colchester win to speed up the managerial shake up that we desperately need.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
They were absolute toss at ours the other week. Very solid at the back but content to just hack it up the pitch. You’ll not have any bother.
Best side we’ve played all season, all be it we had zero attackers available for that one and had to try and defend for 90 minutes. They passed it really well that day. Guess that’s the inconsistency of league two!

Roger Stone

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Best side we’ve played all season, all be it we had zero attackers available for that one and had to try and defend for 90 minutes. They passed it really well that day. Guess that’s the inconsistency of league two!
Azaz and Telford were both out injured v Orient which impacts us going forward. That said it was a fairly comfortable evening with no dramas at the back and we snatched the 3 pts at the end. Draw was probably a fair result.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Interesting that the bookies think our game with Tranmere is too close to call given that they're 2nd and we're 20th - but I agree.

They're obviously a good team but it feels like one of the more winnable games for us - I doubt they'd come here and sit in deep and defend which is it what we struggle against most.
We do that at home.

Reactions: RLC

Koumas’Right-Boot

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Interesting that the bookies think our game with Tranmere is too close to call given that they're 2nd and we're 20th - but I agree.

They're obviously a good team but it feels like one of the more winnable games for us - I doubt they'd come here and sit in deep and defend which is it what we struggle against most.
Bookies odds this season have been very odd.

You’ll be in for a surprise then. Against all the poorer teams is where we are strongest. We’ll let you pass the ball around aimlessly and wait for you to make a mistake or tire.

38 points from 16 against bottom half and conceded only 7 in those games.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
At least we managed a goal on Tuesday, as usual with us we're always in games and the margins are slim, but we've been terrible since our enforced break, we never look like scoring and our overall performances have badly tailed off, confidence is at rock bottom.

Unthinkable 6 weeeks ago, but Jackett is under pressure, a loss here and the crowd will start to turn on him further and I think the sack will be a real possibility in the coming weeks.

Our chairman Nigel Travis released a video yesterday saying £150k was invested by the board in the January transfer window to help bolster our squad and midfield - but the 2 midfielders we brought in are young and have little experience. Your're basically hoping Jackett can improve these youngsters - something he doesn't have a great record of doing, he's got a reputation of doing well with ready made players and right now it looks like we're really struggling in games in midfield, we don't retain the ball and resort to hitting it long to Harry Smith who is out of sorts himself.

It was worth taking a punt on Jackett for sure, but you can see that unless you can give him a ready made squad with mainly experienced players then he won't achieve much for you. We went into the season with a small squad and not alot of backup and tbh, thats still the case

He's not great at holding narrow leads and rarely makes subs when you're winning games. We've not won a single game by a single goal this season - all our 7 wins have been done by killing teams off with 3+ goals (not that thats a bad thing). But our team/squad doesn't have enough experience and fitness to see out narrow games and Jackett is probably sending out a subtle message by not putting subs on when needed, or its probably one of his weaknesses that he will never address. When we scored on Tuesday I've not seen a team struggle as bad as we did to hold onto a narrow lead.

We could be in the bottom 4 come Tuesday evening.

Taking a punt on Jackett was worth taking for sure, but its going to end up with him getting sacked at some point soon, our board have badly messed up with their transfer policy and Jackett isn't the right coach to lead us anymore.

Koumas’Right-Boot

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
At least we managed a goal on Tuesday, as usual with us we're always in games and the margins are slim, but we've been terrible since our enforced break, we never look like scoring and our overall performances have badly tailed off, confidence is at rock bottom.

Unthinkable 6 weeeks ago, but Jackett is under pressure, a loss here and the crowd will start to turn on him further and I think the sack will be a real possibility in the coming weeks.

Our chairman Nigel Travis released a video yesterday saying £150k was invested by the board in the January transfer window to help bolster our squad and midfield - but the 2 midfielders we brought in are young and have little experience. Your're basically hoping Jackett can improve these youngsters - something he doesn't have a great record of doing, he's got a reputation of doing well with ready made players and right now it looks like we're really struggling in games in midfield, we don't retain the ball and resort to hitting it long to Harry Smith who is out of sorts himself.

It was worth taking a punt on Jackett for sure, but you can see that unless you can give him a ready made squad with mainly experienced players then he won't achieve much for you. We went into the season with a small squad and not alot of backup and tbh, thats still the case

He's not great at holding narrow leads and rarely makes subs when you're winning games. We've not won a single game by a single goal this season - all our 7 wins have been done by killing teams off with 3+ goals (not that thats a bad thing). But our team/squad doesn't have enough experience and fitness to see out narrow games and Jackett is probably sending out a subtle message by not putting subs on when needed, or its probably one of his weaknesses that he will never address. When we scored on Tuesday I've not seen a team struggle as bad as we did to hold onto a narrow lead.

Taking a punt on Jackett was worth taking for sure, but its going to end up with him getting sacked at some point soon, our board have badly messed up with their transfer policy and Jackett isn't the right coach to lead us anymore.
I watched part of that interview - it’s always refreshing when the people in charge are open and honest like that. Looks like you have good people running the club and that’s always a solid foundation for success.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Can see us and Oldham drawing on Saturday, essentially confirming both of our relegations.

Meanwhile our respective chairman will be laughing, shaking hands and discussing more ways they can damage each club

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Meanwhile our respective chairman will be laughing, shaking hands and discussing more ways they can damage each club
There really should be some sort of fit persons test before anyone is allowed to do stuff like this...there are people involved in the beautiful game who you wouldn't trust to run a bath.

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
The draw looks better value. Not expecting an open expansive game. Phillips should start but it will be a big ask for him to slot straight in and score goals. Be interesting to see what sort of reception Sweeney gets. I expect us to sell out our allocation
Sweeneys reception will be Zilch as he was only here for a week and as far as I know didnt even spend 1 day training. I, like 99.9% of our fan base wouldn't recognise him if we passed him in the street.

Re the game. I say this every home game but its a must win. Hoping for 4 points from the next two which includes Tranmere away. Pressure is well and truly on if we only draw on Saturday

Last edited:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
There really should be some sort of fit persons test before anyone is allowed to do stuff like this...there are people involved in the beautiful game who you wouldn't trust to run a bath.
Problem is a lot come in thinking “football = money to be made” not realising that the majority of clubs are hugely expensive to run and make losses more often than not.

As per a gambler they keep trying damaging in the process. We were lucky a) Jordan Hugill went from PNE to West Ham for 9.5 million which gave Smurf more than his purchasing cost of the club back at £1.8 million in sell ons and that Carol would pay 3 times the value of the club out of the love for it to save it.

We know it and our fans gave Oldham all the vocal backing we could on their protest day the other week. Blackpools supporters club helped us massively, Luton, Wolves and Mansfield fans supported us on various protest days over two bad owners, we all want and love the same thing at the end of the day just different teams but the same pricipal.

It really needs sorting as it’s nearly always the fans, employees and local small businesses that get the punishments for poor ownership.

With the huge money now in the national league following the caps and restrictions in the EFL the issue just looks to be moving down the pyramid.

Bury should have been a huge wake up call… it really wasn’t… Macclesfield seemed to be brushed under the carpet and it will probably take Derby getting liquidated to really shock the system into action.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Sweeneys reception will be Zilch as he was only here for a week and as far as I know didnt even spend 1 day training. I, like 99.9% of our fan base wouldn't recognise him if we passed him in the street.

Re the game. I say this every home game but its a must win. Hoping for 4 points from the next two which includes Tranmere away. Pressure is well and truly on if we only draw on Saturday

I had actually completely forgotten about Sweeney as well being completely honest. I am sure there might be some playful booing from the Town End but nothing too boisterous I wouldn't have thought. He'll probably score and blow kisses to the fans knowing our luck with 'ex-players'

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
That Scunny v Oldham game is a must not lose one certainly for Scunny I reckon. Personally I struggle to see the pathway out of it for either of them but will say for Scunny they were competitive against us if lacking quality.

A win for us at Salford will be huge. Should be a virtual home game given they struggle to get 1000 home fans through the gate this season no game is ever the same but do the same things we did against FGR then I think we can dispatch them as we should have done at VP.

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient

Couldn't have put it better myself.

We're very fortunate to have solid owners, but this jackett punt has completely backfired.

I don't think we'll get rid of him before the end of the season as he's on a 1 year rolling contract and I presume it will cost us to sack him before then.

Hopefully we're actively looking for a replacement now so we're lined up come the end of the season.

Had high hopes this year, especially after our strong and entertaining start so the last 2-3 months have been really, really disappointing. But that's Orient for you, cursed club, I've been going for over 30 years and the only year we were objectively good we lost the play off final on penalties...

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Will be watching from Saudi with some dodgy homebrew, hope any of yous going have a grand day out.

Keep it to a 3 goal humping, happy with that.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Ex Swindon Town favourite Pierce Sweeney is bound to score on Saturday.

I can see this being a 1-1 or 2-1 either way. Should be a very good crowd and if we get a win at the CG, I will become very optimistic once again.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
It never rains but it pours at Carlisle United.

On a dreadful run, playing terribly, toothless in attack, then we add some much needed attacking options on deadline day to hopefully improve that side of things… Then what happens the day after the deadline closes? We lose 3 key players through serious injuries. Now we’re left with a depleted square pegs in round holes defence with hardly any experience and without our captain and best midfielder.

All in all, the whole thing is an absolute shit show which I’d be absolutely amazed if it doesn’t end in relegation.

This will be another defeat.

Rochdale 4-1 Carlisle United

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Tough old game at Sutton. Would take a draw but with their home form that’s a big ask

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Ex Swindon Town favourite Pierce Sweeney is bound to score on Saturday.

I can see this being a 1-1 or 2-1 either way. Should be a very good crowd and if we get a win at the CG, I will become very optimistic once again.
Forgotten about him. Deserved a testimonial for all the hard graft he put in. Is Jonathan ‘coffee’ Grounds still stinking the place out?

Presume you could have had the same number of tickets as Rovers - 2700 - but I see you’ve sold 1200, which is none too shabby for a visit to the Wembley of Wiltshire. Hope we’ve cleaned those portaloos out after Rovers. Nobody wants to see any of their floaters.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Forgotten about him. Deserved a testimonial for all the hard graft he put in. Is Jonathan ‘coffee’ Grounds still stinking the place out?

Presume you could have had the same number of tickets as Rovers - 2700 - but I see you’ve sold 1200, which is none too shabby for a visit to the Wembley of Wiltshire. Hope we’ve cleaned those portaloos out after Rovers. Nobody wants to see any of their floaters.
When in Rome and all that…

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC

Grounds is very much a bit part player. He’s done ok to be honest when been called upon, but he’s very much back up as you can tell his legs have well and truly gone.

Yea, it’s a decent number of tickets sold…There’s still optimism knocking around so we’ve also sold our allocation at Bristol Rovers at the end of the month.

Hopefully we can keep your danger players quiet tomorrow. McKirdy seems like a real threat along with Williams and I presume Barry will start, but I’m pleased Simpson is no longer part of your attack as to be honest.

I suspect it’ll be tight and we’ll have to soak up some pressure. We need our big players to perform much better than last week against Hartlepool.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
The player we brought in to replace Simpson has done his hamstring so it’ll be a dwarf line-up for the strikers. (Am I allowed to say dwarf - who knows these days. Always some bozo who’ll get offended by most anything).

The other new loan players seem quite an upgrade on those who have left. Cooper and O’Brien seem a class above L1. Expect another to make his debut tomorrow - Tomlinson from Posh. Their fans couldn’t believe he’d been loaned out at all - never mind to a basement club.

We’ll look fantastic for 30 minutes then fall apart and look some rag bag of kickabout players for the remainder.

TheDon

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
The player we brought in to replace Simpson has done his hamstring so it’ll be a dwarf line-up for the strikers. (Am I allowed to say dwarf - who knows these days. Always some bozo who’ll get offended by most anything).

The other new loan players seem quite an upgrade on those who have left. Cooper and O’Brien seem a class above L1. Expect another to make his debut tomorrow - Tomlinson from Posh. Their fans couldn’t believe he’d been loaned out at all - never mind to a basement club.

We’ll look fantastic for 30 minutes then fall apart and look some rag bag of kickabout players for the remainder.
As president of the dwarf appreciation society you're out of order lofty

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Grounds is very much a bit part player. He’s done ok to be honest when been called upon, but he’s very much back up as you can tell his legs have well and truly gone.

Yea, it’s a decent number of tickets sold…There’s still optimism knocking around so we’ve also sold our allocation at Bristol Rovers at the end of the month.

Hopefully we can keep your danger players quiet tomorrow. McKirdy seems like a real threat along with Williams and I presume Barry will start, but I’m pleased Simpson is no longer part of your attack as to be honest.

I suspect it’ll be tight and we’ll have to soak up some pressure. We need our big players to perform much better than last week against Hartlepool.

Louie Reed got himself sent off AFTER the final whistle after being rested (I suspect) for tomorrow's game which is the height of stupidity. He'll be missed as his calmness makes us tick. Ryan East will probably play again and isn't of the same calibre but is tidy enough. We continue to play 3 at the back at home which allows the ball playing Centre Backs to play out from the back but leaves us short in midfield which is probably why we have been so poor at home because we play too conservatively. Up front is a bit of an issue, we have no target man at all so no idea how Garner will line up. I don't think you can play McKirdy and Barry together. For me McKirdy works hard but when he is off his game he's more of a nuisance, trying to do too much, dribbling off the pitch, shooting wildly over all the time etc etc.

Can't really predict this one but reckon it'll be a decent game.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

Your "big players " were only allowed to play as we controled the game.
We even controled the game when down to 10 men.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Message for Stevenage fans (sic).

It seems Crawley have a staff shortage this Saturday. Covid and getting people to work in the hospitality industry according to the news item on the official site.

Recommended to arrive earlier than you would normally and to buy tickets on line etc.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Scunny United
Can see us and Oldham drawing on Saturday, essentially confirming both of our relegations.

Probably a 3,000-3,500 crowd as the self publicists are out on Social Media hoping for likes and retweets “I’m going!! Look at me!!!”

Have they cut the prices? No
Have they improved things in the ground? No
Have we spent any money in the transfer window? Probably not
Am I going? Am I fuck

Baaaaa, baaaa, baaaaa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazzer
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!