Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
He's 13. Can't you tell?

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
well i for one never give my dob ever here, A i was not 51 when i joined or 53 now
May i ask why you enquire.....You got personal with me just like 2 others here
Seems the other two have retreated while you have your go at me.....Then one or both will be back Saturday if we lose.
Dont come out on here attacking me and sprouting shit about me having multiple accounts.
Then bleat when i tell you in no uncertain terms to go away.
You have a choice back off, put me on ignore and we will get on fine...........Carry on and i will give as good as i get

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Only if you consider the FA Cup to still be the competittion it once was, Up to the FA Semi Final it is treated with contempt, A giant killing these days is when a team from a lower division beat a higher teams reserves. Yes Wigans win was fantastic for them, but is winning 6 games mainly against understrength teams the equivalent of 12 years in the Premiership, 4 top 8 finishes, 2 European campaigns, Being the only english side to beat Athletico Madrid in Madrid (think that was equalled this year) and drawing away at Bayern Munich. The answer your struggling to agree with is Nope.
You're right it's not the equivalent - it's much better. I don't see those achievements in a trophy cabinet.

Regardless of what you think of the FA Cup it is the Premier cup competition in England. Ask a Wigan fan if it wasn't the greatest day in the football supporting lives.

Hell, ask Birmingham fans if they would have preferred staying in the Premier League to winning the Carling Cup in 2011 - I'll save your couple of brain cells from trying to formulate an answer - the answer is absolutely not. A friend of mine went to that final and had a great time, the next year he went to Belgium and a couple of other places in a VW Camper to watch Championship Birmingham in Europe and absolutely loved it. Also Birmingham got to put a trophy in their cabinet.

No-one, despite Masi's weird protestations, disputes that Bolton are a big club who have a great history of winning things 60-130 years ago. But you can't criticise a team who have won more than you in recent history.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You're right it's not the equivalent - it's much better. I don't see those achievements in a trophy cabinet.

Regardless of what you think of the FA Cup it is the Premier cup competition in England. Ask a Wigan fan if it wasn't the greatest day in the football supporting lives.

Hell, ask Birmingham fans if they would have preferred staying in the Premier League to winning the Carling Cup in 2011 - I'll save your couple of brain cells from trying to formulate an answer - the answer is absolutely not. A friend of mine went to that final and had a great time, the next year he went to Belgium and a couple of other places in a VW Camper to watch Championship Birmingham in Europe and absolutely loved it. Also Birmingham got to put a trophy in their cabinet.

No-one, despite Masi's weird protestations, disputes that Bolton are a big club who have a great history of winning things 60-130 years ago. But you can't criticise a team who have won more than you in recent history.
what have you got in your trophy cabinet?????????????????

Dust

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
2 Football Conference/National League trophies
2 Football League Playoff trophies
1 FA Trophy
34 Gloucestershire Senior Cup trophies
1 Football Conference runner's up trophy (apparently they did this in 1998)
1 Southern League Trophy
1 Southern League Runner's Up trophy (maybe it was 90s thing - we won it in 1997)
1 Southern League Midland Division Winner's Trophy
1 Southern League Cup
3 Midland Floodlit Cups (nope, me neither)

I'd swap all of them for the FA Cup.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
well i for one never give my dob ever here, A i was not 51 when i joined or 53 now
Seems the other two have retreated while you have your go at me.....Then one or both will be back Saturday if we lose.
Dont come out on here attacking me and sprouting shit about me having multiple accounts.
You have a choice back off, put me on ignore and we will get on fine...........Carry on and i will give as good as i get
I was just curious as your posts did not come across as somebody who were in their 50’s.
Also I’ve only ever got personal with anybody on here when they have come across as arrogant and/or obnoxious which a lot of your previous posts have done, that’s why I have had an issue with you.
I don’t enjoy having any sort of beef with anybody as I am not like that at all, quite the opposite in fact I am the sort of person who tries to get on with everybody as life is way too short to go around being angry all the time.
I am happy to wipe the slate clean if you are, but I would suggest that you just try being a bit more humble in future as it will stop so many others disliking you.

Edit: Your post just above to Si Robin about dust is exactly the sort of post that I’m talking about, you should just try thinking before you post some of this stuff.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

Simon........its a football forum
Why attack him with the couple of cells comment.
In all due respect you have never lived through these emotions....You go on about 60-130 years ago, but i have been to Wembley/Principal Stadium and watched Finals/Semi Finals....Play offs....Watched us win leagues and watched us be relegated.
Been to Europe seen some of the best players of all time pull a white Bolton top on and watched rank bad players walk off a matchday bus not wanting to play.
So i dont need lecturing from someone who has watched his team playing in lge 2 non league from year dot.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
2 Football Conference/National League trophies
2 Football League Playoff trophies
1 FA Trophy
34 Gloucestershire Senior Cup trophies
1 Football Conference runner's up trophy (apparently they did this in 1998)
1 Southern League Trophy
1 Southern League Runner's Up trophy (maybe it was 90s thing - we won it in 1997)
1 Southern League Midland Division Winner's Trophy
1 Southern League Cup
3 Midland Floodlit Cups (nope, me neither)

I'd swap all of them for the FA Cup.
I would swap all of those for a Tony the Tiger Winners Medal

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I was just curious as your posts did not come across as somebody who were in their 50’s.
Also I’ve only ever got personal with anybody on here when they have come across as arrogant and/or obnoxious which a lot of your previous posts have done, that’s why I have had an issue with you.
I don’t enjoy having any sort of beef with anybody as I am not like that at all, quite the opposite in fact I am the sort of person who tries to get on with everybody as life is way too short to go around being angry all the time.
I am happy to wipe the slate clean if you are, but I would suggest that you just try being a bit more humble in future as it will stop so many others disliking you.

Edit: Your post just above to Si Robin about dust is exactly the sort of post that I’m talking about, you should just try thinking before you post some of this stuff.
The dust comment is light hearted.........nothing more

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Simon........its a football forum
Why attack him with the couple of cells comment.
In all due respect you have never lived through these emotions....You go on about 60-130 years ago, but i have been to Wembley/Principal Stadium and watched Finals/Semi Finals....Play offs....Watched us win leagues and watched us be relegated.
Been to Europe seen some of the best players of all time pull a white Bolton top on and watched rank bad players walk off a matchday bus not wanting to play.
So i dont need lecturing from someone who has watched his team playing in lge 2 non league from year dot.

I would swap all of those for a Tony the Tiger Winners Medal
1619690838438.png

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
The dust comment is light hearted.........nothing more
Yeah, but when somebody makes a similar remark about Bolton you spit your dummy out and go on the attack, that’s the issue, don’t dish it out if you’re not prepared to take it back.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
None of you losers have ever won the Devon Bowl. It was a great day when we beat Argyle to win it in 85.
Yeah but I bet tinpot Exeter have never won the Lincolnshire Cup, in fact I’ve looked and you’ve never even got into the Semi Finals in it. :bg:

Last edited:

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Do they still do the non-league charity shield? We lost to Halifax in 1998 as FA Trophy winners, and then lost to Kingstonian in 1999 as Conference winners.

I know we didn't play it in 2016 so wondered if anyone else did in following years.

Holty10

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I wish the FA Cup could be back to what it once was to be honest. Maybe linking it to Champions League qualification or something would force it into focus. But the FA won't want one of the big clubs not making it, so that won't happen.

Birmingham would have been far better off staying up than winning the league cup, which shows the issue. Money for participation in the top league v honours.

Klopp has played some awful teams in the FA cup, they don't really care about it, but their 2nd sides are still better than the rest now. The balance has shifted so much.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Do they still do the non-league charity shield? We lost to Halifax in 1998 as FA Trophy winners, and then lost to Kingstonian in 1999 as Conference winners.

I know we didn't play it in 2016 so wondered if anyone else did in following years.
I dont recall them having that when we were down there from 03 to 08.
Not that we won the league or the trophy mind, the closest we came to the latter was being outclassed by Grays in the semi. Those were the days...

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I wish the FA Cup could be back to what it once was to be honest. Maybe linking it to Champions League qualification or something would force it into focus. But the FA won't want one of the big clubs not making it, so that won't happen.

Birmingham would have been far better off staying up than winning the league cup, which shows the issue. Money for participation in the top league v honours.

Klopp has played some awful teams in the FA cup, they don't really care about it, but their 2nd sides are still better than the rest now. The balance has shifted so much.
I agree with you on the FA Cup.

The thing to remember though is, Wigan and Portsmouth aside, every winner since 1995 has been one of the so-called big 6. Hell, you can go back to 1988 and add Everton into that list. That's 33 years where Arsenal (9 times), Man Utd (6 times), Chelsea (7 times), Liverpool (3 times, Man City (2 times) and Spurs with their solitary one in 1991, have won the cup. The risk is minimal, but I understand what you mean about the FA not wanting an outlier.

As for Birmingham, whilst your point has merit regarding their current standing, as I said in my post, the day out and the win at Wembley, coupled with the subsequent Euro tour was more important to my mate than getting battered week in week out by Man Utd, Liverpool, et al.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
I may be talking out of my bottom but I really dont see the point of staying in the Premier League year in, year out, for the sake of everything else.
Look at Charlton or Reading. They were both up there for years and never did anything in the cups. I bet they fielded weakened sides every year to stay in the promised land.
At least Swansea won something, and Bolton had a good time in Europe.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Take a look at Pompey, Birmingham, Wigan and Swansea’s honours list and they’ve got a trophy there but there’s nothing to say “avoided Premier League relegation for five years”.

I’d take a cup win over Premier League survival any day.

Holty10

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
As for Birmingham, whilst your point has merit regarding their current standing, as I said in my post, the day out and the win at Wembley, coupled with the subsequent Euro tour was more important to my mate than getting battered week in week out by Man Utd, Liverpool, et al.
Yeah, agreed. But that's where the business/ fan split has come in at the top. More clubs are business orientated rather than wanting to win things.
I may be talking out of my bottom but I really dont see the point of staying in the Premier League year in, year out, for the sake of everything else.
Look at Charlton or Reading. They were both up there for years and never did anything in the cups. I bet they fielded weakened sides every year to stay in the promised land.
At least Swansea won something, and Bolton had a good time in Europe.
It's nice to get into, but the fun is quite short lived. You are lucky if you remain on an upward curve for a bit after promotion, get into Europe for a year or 2 and punch above your weight. Then it's a steady decline for most. 17th becomes the target, until you eventually fail.

We have had an awful few years, but the return (if we get there/ to the championship) will be so much better than what Brighton/ Palace/ Burnley etc fans are witnessing currently.

I'm happy to have a community club again, rather than a corporate machine. Hope we don't get caught up overspending and chasing the premier league money again.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
To be fair the way we played against you that day I think we’d have beaten anybody in this league playing like that, just unfortunate for you that it happened to be against you.
The very next game for us it was back to lots of effort with very little quality.
Discredit to Morecambe there, I think. Best side we've faced this season in that 3-0 win, in my opinion. Ripped us apart and gave us nothing when we'd been one of the toughest sides to play against in the division for the past 6 weeks or so. Which in turn, makes the Bolton win against them all the more impressive for me

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Discredit to Morecambe there, I think. Best side we've faced this season in that 3-0 win, in my opinion. Ripped us apart and gave us nothing when we'd been one of the toughest sides to play against in the division for the past 6 weeks or so. Which in turn, makes the Bolton win against them all the more impressive for me
Yeah I said at the time that they were really impressive and looked like the real deal, but I also thought our own game was way off that day too as opposed to our performance against Bolton.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
None of these trophies are as prestigious as the Chas Kendall Cup we apparently won in a pre season friendly a few years back against Workington.

Talk about this reminds me of that Setanta Shield competition for Conny sides.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I remember watching a Woking game in the Setanta Shield - I can't remember their opponents (it may have been Torquay), and it's up there as probably the worst game of football I've ever witnessed. And I had a season ticket at Cheltenham for the 14/15 season.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I haven't retreated. I just grew weary of your constant bullshit.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
None of these trophies are as prestigious as the Chas Kendall Cup we apparently won in a pre season friendly a few years back against Workington.

Talk about this reminds me of that Setanta Shield competition for Conny sides.
I'm pretty sure I saw that Chas Kendall game - a pre-season friendly settled by a penalty shootout!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!