Squad Currently

hodge

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
31 players in that Newcastle list Haillay7 what are the chance of Aarons and Armstrong leaving do you reckon? Either loan or permanently

Haillay7

Reaction score
Supports
Newcastle United
31 players in that Newcastle list Haillay7 what are the chance of Aarons and Armstrong leaving do you reckon? Either loan or permanently

Neither will leave permanently as they're really highly rated by those at the Club but loans could be an option for either I'd imagine. I'd like to see Aarons stay to get first team opportunities but it'll depend on Wijnaldum and others that are ahead of him in the pecking order. If he does go, he'll be an excellent addition to any Championship squad and I imagine could easily get in most first teams.

I'd hasten to bet Armstrong will definitely be going out on loan again. If I'm being honest Coventry fans are the ones to speak to about him as he's only made a handful of appearances so hasn't really had a chance to impress. Again I would like to see him stay but I'd much rather see him out somewhere else than stagnating on our bench as you know we love our local born strikers! (Too cliché?)

The Southbank

Reaction score
Supports
Reading
Included youth players who could realistically be involved.

Goalkeepers:
Ali Al-Habsi
Jonathan Bond

Both are a bit erratic and capable of a mistake, but Al-Habsi was our Player of the Season last year so no point in strengthening unless it is a clear large improvement.

Defenders:
Chris Gunter
Paul McShane
Jordan Obita
Niall Keown
Jake Cooper
Robert Dickie
Danzell Gravenberch

I think our first choice back four is enough to avoid the drop, despite it's problems. We need anothe fullback who can challenge for a first team spot. will definitely need a couple if Gunter leaves. Would like another challenging CB but not sure if that will happen.

Midfielders:
George Evans
Oliver Norwood
Garath McCleary
Paolo Hurtado
Stephen Quinn
Danny Williams
Aaron Kuhl
Jack Stacey
Tarique Fosu
Josh Barrett
Joey van den Berg

Left Tshibola out as he is almost certainly out, but i'm happy with our CM options currently, definitely our best position for squad depth. Williams and Norwood rumoured away, think we could just about handle losing one of them. Wings is a massive problem for us, McCleary our only senior pro as Hurado will surely leave. Fosu has the talent but too early to be reliant on him as first choice. Need at least one good proven winger.

Forwards:
Deniss Rakels
Yann Kermorgant
Dominic Samuel
Joseph Mendes

Our problem area last season, and doubt we've improved so far with Mendes in for Vydra. Samuel back after a couple of seasons on loan in League 1 to hopefully break into the team. Still will continue to say if we don't sign a proven goalscorer we'll get relegated. Can't stay up if you can't score goals.

Potential starting Eleven:
Al-Habsi
Gunter McShane Cooper Obita
Williams Norwood Quinn
McCleary Rakels Fosu​

Not good enough.

I admire the abundance of youth players, but that squad has struggle written all over it. I've heard that Williams is definitely leaving; the club have been trying to sell him for a year now as apparently they can barely afford to pay his wage.

Bobbin Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Strongest starting XI for us-
4-2-3-1

...........................Kodjia
Bryan.................Tomlin..............O'Dowda
....................O'Neil..... K.Smith
Golbourne...Magnusson...Flint...Matthews
.........................O'Donnell

Subs- Fielidng, Ayling, Williams, Pack, Brownhill, Reid, Wilbraham.
Couldn't get Freeman or Little into that side unfortunately.

Liam_SWFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Really hard to say what our strongest 11 is, our midfield is that strong it has to be a 3 man midfield for me, with Matias and Forestieri playing wide supporting Fletcher or Hooper.

---------------- Westwood ---------------

Hunt-------- Hutchinson----- Lees----- Pudil

---------- Lee------- Bannan------ Abdi------

----------Matias------------------------Forestieri

------------------------- Fletcher

Walkley_Owl

Reaction score
Supports
The Wednesday
Subs
Kean, Palmer, Hooper, Joao, Wallace, Melo then either Semedo, Loovens or a new covering CB.

Reaper

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham
Really hard to say what our strongest 11 is, our midfield is that strong it has to be a 3 man midfield for me, with Matias and Forestieri playing wide supporting Fletcher or Hooper.

I thought Hutchinson was an holding mid and Abdi was a winger, however a very strong team though that and i expect it will be a 5 horse race between yourselfs, Derby, Norwich, Villa and Brighton for 2nd spot.

Walkley_Owl

Reaction score
Supports
The Wednesday
I thought Hutchinson was an holding mid and Abdi was a winger, however a very strong team though that and i expect it will be a 5 horse race between yourselfs, Derby, Norwich, Villa and Brighton for 2nd spot.

Hutchinson is a centre half by trade, he was tipped to succeed Terry at Chelsea, that can play right back, we converted him to a defensive midfielder, however he's a walking booking there so we've dropped him back.

Abdi is an attacking midfielder

Reaper

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham
If we had no injured players then our strongest team would be something like this.

Camp
Halford - Broadfoot - Belaid - Mattock
Smallwood - Forster-Caskey
Ward - Frecklington - Newell
Clarke-Harris

3 of those players are injured and all of them will miss start of the season with Clarke-Harris been out for most of season so we really are in shite atm until we start fetching more bodies in and lots of em as well.

Madejski

Reaction score
Supports
Reading
I have no idea what our strongest team would be, at a guess currently:

Al-Habsi
Williams Evans Norwood
McCleary Rakels Beerens​

But that seems harsh on van den Berg, Swift and Quinn who could all easily be first choice. Plus we know nothing about Meite who joined yesterday.

Imagine it'll be largely that team who starts against Preston, just van den Berg in for Cooper and Swift in for McCleary.

Still in need of a first choice CB, and backup fullback.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Nothing to suggest Villa will trouble those sides as of yet.

I think I had them down to finish 6th, but that's me merely assuming they're going to chuck some cash about as promised.

I have no idea what our strongest team would be, at a guess currently:

Al-Habsi
Williams Evans Norwood
McCleary Rakels Beerens​

But that seems harsh on van den Berg, Swift and Quinn who could all easily be first choice. Plus we know nothing about Meite who joined yesterday.

Imagine it'll be largely that team who starts against Preston, just van den Berg in for Cooper and Swift in for McCleary.

Still in need of a first choice CB, and backup fullback.
You look significantly stronger than I was expecting, you'll be absolutely fine this year.

Madejski

Reaction score
Supports
Reading
You look significantly stronger than I was expecting, you'll be absolutely fine this year.
I wish I could share your optimism.

We've strengthened our strongest area (midfield) whilst not even touching the defence, and small changes to the attack.

But the problems were in defence and attack. The back five is exactly the same as the one that played the last half of last season, with Gunter still a possibly to leave. And we've lost Anton Ferdinand as CB cover. The strikers are the same except we've replaced Vydra with Mendes (1 in 6 record in Ligue 2) and Samuel who was on loan at Gillingham last year.

Small changes from the team that was in relegation form for 2/3 of last season. Will continue to say, a good first choice striker and/or centreback and we'll be nowhere near relegation. Problem is the clock is ticking, and we already have four strikers playing for one position, so that immediately rules out one of those positions.

MagpieBee

Reaction score
Supports
Brentford, Newcastle, Chicago Bears
Strongest starting XI for us-
4-2-3-1

...........................Kodjia
Bryan.................Tomlin..............O'Dowda
....................O'Neil..... K.Smith
Golbourne...Magnusson...Flint...Matthews
.........................O'Donnell

Subs- Fielidng, Ayling, Williams, Pack, Brownhill, Reid, Wilbraham.
Couldn't get Freeman or Little into that side unfortunately.
Looking a very good side annoyingly

MagpieBee

Reaction score
Supports
Brentford, Newcastle, Chicago Bears
Ours is probably the following, lots of players back from injury which is great. Huge Judge shaped hole in this, and we desperately need some cover on the wings and up front. Will be fine without it but will need something more up front if we want to challenge for 6th.

Bentley
Colin Dean Bjelland Elder
Yennaris Woods
Sawyers Kerschbaummer Macleod
Hogan

Bonham
Egan
Barbet
McCormack
McEachran
Vibe
Hofmann

Another Walkley Owl

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC

We will have a good starting 11, would like us to sign another top class striker (being greedy I know) and another left back/centre half as cover. Think we then have a squad capable of top 2 finish. Expecting at least playoffs, hope the players can cope with heightened expectations and fans stay patient and don't expect us destroy everybody (especially home support). Can't wait for it to start now.

Nook Terrier

Reaction score
Supports
Huddersfield Town
Twitter
@dannysmithlaaa
Expecting us to line up as follows against Brentford...

Ward

Smith
Hudson/Hefele
Schindler
Lowe

Hogg
Mooy

Van La Parra
Payne
Lolley

Kachunga

Purely going on the starting XI of the last 3 games Wagner has lined us up on. Wells not fit, Palmer only played 20 minutes and Billing came off injured against Inglostadt.

Always get nervous with Hudson at CB.. much rather Hefele/Stankovic be in there.

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan
I'd expect to see us start with this team next Saturday. It wouldn't be what I choose but knowing Caldwell I think he'll go for the 4-3-2-1. When we had tough away games last season we used to pack the midfield and it worked well.

Bogdan (I'd go with Jussi to start with myself)

Daniels
Morgan
Buxton
Warnock

Gilbey (I'd play Morsy personally but I bet he'll go for Gilbey)
Power
Perkins

Wildschut
Jacobs (If Powell is fit I'd play him but I don't think Caldwell will risk him based on his preseason game time)

Grigg

Veggie Legs

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
This is how I'm expecting Ipswich to line up next weekend:

Bialkowski
Chambers -- Smith -- Berra -- Knudsen
Bishop -- Bru -- Skuse -- Sears
McGoldrick -- Murphy
We desperately need a winger or two, apart from that it's basically the same team as last year which is no bad thing. Webster might start instead of one of the centre backs (most likely Smith) and Pitman might come in up front, apart from those I'm pretty confident that'll be the team.

TomPNE94

Big Mak Fan
Reaction score
Supports
Simon Makienok
Twitter
@TomMonks94
Next week I reckon we will line up

Lindegaard

Humphrey
Clarke
Huntington
Wright
Cunningham

Gallagher
Pringle
Johnson

Beckford
Garner

Think we will play 4-3-3 at home though.

Braindead

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Relegation ceartanties at Forest

Mcglauclin
Flanagan Turner. Moushino. McCrory
McFazdean
Akins. Irvine. Dyer
Beavon
O'Grady

Reaction score
Supports
Reading
GK: Ali Al-Habsi

RB: Chris Gunter
CB: Paul Mcshane
CB: Liam Moore
LB: Jordan Obita

CM: Danny Williams
CM: Oliver Norwood
CM: Stephen Quinn

RW: John Swift
CF: Deniss Rakels / Yann Kermogant / Dominic Samuel / Joseph Mendes
LW: Roy Beerens

OR

GK: Ali Al-Habsi

RB: Chris Gunter
CB: Paul Mcshane
CB: Liam Moore
LB: Jordan Obita

CM: Danny Williams
CM: George Evans

AM: John Swift

RW: Garath McCleary
CF: Deniss Rakels / Yann Kermogant / Dominic Samuel / Joseph Mendes
LW: Roy Beerens

Could be on the bench: Jonathan Bond, Jake Cooper, Joey Van Den Berg, Yakou Meite, Josh Barrett, Liam Kelly, Tarique Fosu, Jack Stacey

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
So far...

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - Hause - Silvio

Teixeira - Price

Henry - Mason - Costa

Bodvarsson​

Slowly coming together, will look a lot different by the end of the window.

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
So far...

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - Hause - Silvio

Teixeira - Price

Henry - Mason - Costa

Bodvarsson​

Slowly coming together, will look a lot different by the end of the window.

Updated version:

Ikeme

Doherty - Iorfa - Batth - Silvio

Oniangue - Saiss

Mason - Cavaleiro - Teixeira

Bodvarsson
Lonergan
Borthwick Jackson
Hause
Coady
Costa
Ola John
Gladon

That team is frightingly good if we can get it to click.

Haillay7

Reaction score
Supports
Newcastle United
Keepers
Tim Krul
Matt Selz
Karl Darlow
Rob Elliott
Freddie Woodman

Fully expect Krul to leave although his strongest link was Boro before the signing of Valdes. Other than that, I'd be happy with Elliott or Selz as number 1 as both are more than good enough for this level. Woodman/Darlow may head out on loan too.

Defenders
Jesus Gamez
Daryl Janmaat
Jamaal Lascelles
Chancel Mbemba
Paul Dummett
Massaido Haidara
Kevin Mbabu
Isaac Hayden (literally just signed)

Our weakest area is at the back and I'll be pretty worried if we don't sign another two. Hayden clan play across the back but we'll need at least one starting CB with Hanley rumoured to be the main target. The Chronicle is reporting that a big departure is imminent this weekend and I'm thinking Janmaat which I'm not too plussed about considering we,ve just signed Gamez from Atletico.

Midfielders
Moussa Sissoko
Florian Thauvin
Remy Cabella
Matt Ritchie
Gini Wiljnandum
Rolando Aarons
Siem De Jong
Jonjo Shelvey
Jack Colback
Henri Saivet
Chiek Tiote
Vernon Anita

Well. This is either our strongest area or the most difficult to rebuild once a few bigger names leave. Rafa as stated several times that no one will be leaving without his say so and without a substantial bid. With that in mind both Sissoko and Wijnaldum are going to be the subject of a lot of tabloid inches between now and the end of the window. I'm hoping we also get rid of Tiote and Saivet for differing reasons. I don't think we'll be getting any one new in unless the aforementioned do leave and the money is reinvested.

Forwards
Aleksander Mitrovic
Ayoze Perez
Yohan Gouffran
Adam Armstrong
Dwight Gayle
Emmanuel Rivière

Cisse's just been sold and every report coming in is that he WILL be replaced by a main striker rather than a squad player. We're also looking to move on Gouffran and Rivieire. The prior is because he just never adapted to the style of play, the latter because he's scored 1 league goal in 2 years.

Updated:

----------------------------------Sels

---------Yedlin----- Lascelles ------ Mbemba-------Lazaar

--------------------Shelvey ---------------Hayden

----------Diame-------------- Perez------------------Ritchie

-----------------------------------Gayle

I'm really pleased with how the squad's starting to gel together now. For the first time in years, our bench and squad are equally as strong. A good sign.

Madejski

Reaction score
Supports
Reading
Included youth players who could realistically be involved.

Goalkeepers:
Ali Al-Habsi
Jonathan Bond

Both are a bit erratic and capable of a mistake, but Al-Habsi was our Player of the Season last year so no point in strengthening unless it is a clear large improvement.

Defenders:
Chris Gunter
Paul McShane
Jordan Obita
Niall Keown
Jake Cooper
Robert Dickie
Danzell Gravenberch

I think our first choice back four is enough to avoid the drop, despite it's problems. We need anothe fullback who can challenge for a first team spot. will definitely need a couple if Gunter leaves. Would like another challenging CB but not sure if that will happen.

Midfielders:
George Evans
Oliver Norwood
Garath McCleary
Paolo Hurtado
Stephen Quinn
Danny Williams
Aaron Kuhl
Jack Stacey
Tarique Fosu
Josh Barrett
Joey van den Berg

Left Tshibola out as he is almost certainly out, but i'm happy with our CM options currently, definitely our best position for squad depth. Williams and Norwood rumoured away, think we could just about handle losing one of them. Wings is a massive problem for us, McCleary our only senior pro as Hurado will surely leave. Fosu has the talent but too early to be reliant on him as first choice. Need at least one good proven winger.

Forwards:
Deniss Rakels
Yann Kermorgant
Dominic Samuel
Joseph Mendes

Our problem area last season, and doubt we've improved so far with Mendes in for Vydra. Samuel back after a couple of seasons on loan in League 1 to hopefully break into the team. Still will continue to say if we don't sign a proven goalscorer we'll get relegated. Can't stay up if you can't score goals.

Potential starting Eleven:
Al-Habsi
Williams Norwood Quinn
McCleary Rakels Fosu​

Not good enough.
Since then we've lost Norwood to Brighton, and Tshibola to Villa (though I didn't include him anyway as knew he was off). Loaned Bond to Gillingham, Hurtado to Vitoria de Guimaraes, Dickie to Cheltenham and Kuhl to Boreham Wood.

We've added to our squad by bringing in Anssi Jaakkola, John Swift, Roy Beerens, Yakou Meite, Callum Harriott, Sandro Wieser, Liam Moore and Tyler Blackett.

Updated Starting Eleven:
Al-Habsi
Gunter Moore McShane Obita
Williams vdBerg Swift
McCleary Kermorgant Beerens​

We suddenly look like we have a solid starting 11, with good backup options. Got a lot of players like Evans, Blackett, Harriott, Jaakkola who could/should be in that 11 above.

Only problem is strikers.. I still think we have the worst strikeforce in the league and only a day left to add to it. Shame, as I really like the rest of our team. Good strength, depth and mostly very young too. A decent striker gets us top half, a brilliant one playoffs. No improvement and we'll be around where we've been the last couple of seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!