Worst Opposition Player?
Best Opposition Fans?
Worst Opposition Fans?
Best Opposition Ground?
Worst Oppositon Ground?
Best Opposition Goal?

Etc.

Best Opposition Team

Bristol City at Stadium:MK. Both teams effectively cancelled each other out (hence 0-0) but you could see the quality that they had and it made for a very entertaining spectacle nonetheless.
P.S. I am still bitter about that BLATANT Luke Ayling handball.

Worst Opposition Team
Crewe Alexandra. We have smashed many teams this season to be fair but only Crewe managed to be on the receiving end twice. We won 6-1 at home (their goal coming from an OG) and 0-5 away. 11-1 on aggregate says it all. Shite. Shite. Shite.

Best Opposition Player
Aden Flint at Stadium:MK. Obviously a very influential player for Bristol City and a key reason why the game finished 0-0. Plus, I like to choose defenders cos dem attackers get all the cred.

Worst Opposition Player
Paddy Kenny will take this one for his performance in our 7-0 thrashing of Oldham Athletic. Perhaps a little harsh as he was not given much protection and we were ruthless but regardless, he conceded SEVEN and was fortunate not to be sent off IIRC.

Best Opposition Fans
Bristol City at Stadium:MK. They boycotted in their numbers, 5,000+ made the journey and as you would expect, they made a good noise on their big day out.

Worst Opposition Fans

Coventry City at The Ricoh Arena. I feel sorry for Coventry fans, you could almost feel a collective sigh of depression echo around the stadium. Anyway, they won 2-1 but only managed two whole songs in 90 minutes (including that 'Play Up Sky Blues' one which fizzled out once they got to the 'Tottenham or Chelsea' line). I can say this for a fact because I was actually in the Coventry end supposedly next to the 'noisy' bit.

Best Opposition Ground

Bramall Lane - Sheffield United. Old but not decrepit and in a decent city for an away day.

Worst Opposition Ground

The County Ground - Swindon Town. You pay so much for so little. It is in Swindon too.

Best Opposition Goal

This will have to go to Conor Hourihane for either of his two brilliant strikes against us in our 3-5 win at Barnsley.

Cashis

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Pretty sure we should be your best opposition team, Scumarmy.

Cashis

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Cos we had your pants down 3x at your place

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Best Opposition Team? MK Dons/Rochdale. Difficult to split these 2. On the one hand, MK Dons won 11-1 on aggregate over both games and we looked like a pub side against them. But then on the other hand, Rochdale took us to the cleaners 3 times, winning 5-2, 3-0 and 4-0. I'd probably go with MK Dons, but Rochdale were mightly impressive.

Worst Opposition Team? Yeovil. Easy pick for this one. We took 4 points from our first 11 games. Yeovil were one of those points. Return game, we won 2-0 and it should have been 4 or 5. Said it all when they signed Ajay Leitch-Smith to be their goalscorer.

Best Opposition Player? Ian Henderson. Ripped us apart in both league games, whereas most others had 1 amazing game(Garner, Alli, Baker etc).

Worst Opposition Player? Ajay Leitch-Smith. Feel bad for ragging on him, but he just isn't good enough for this level, was painfully obvious in both games we played against him.

Best Opposition Fans? Bradford. Only set of fans I can remember singing in both games.

Worst Opposition Fans? Plenty to choose from, but Crawleys are the worse for me. You can just tell half of them didn't even support the team 5 years ago.

Best Opposition Ground? Colchester's, only because we've won every time we've been there. Valley Parade, Deepdale and Bramall Lane are impressive for obvious reasons.

Worst Oppositon Ground? Crawley. Easy pick. Despite it having 2 terraces, the side marquee stand we always get put in lets the place down.

Best Opposition Goal? Ha, got plenty to choose from here. Loads stand out. I'd have to pick Joe Garner's hat trick goal for PNE. Incredible technique.

Last edited:

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Best Opposition Team? - Chesterfield. Played us totally off the park at their place. Daniel Johnson and Sam Morsy ruined us that day and they just looked a class above us. In the 2-2 draw in the FA Cup they played very well too, attacked us like no other club had this season. By all accounts they were very good in the 2-0 victory for them in the FA Cup Replay.

Worst Opposition Team? - Crawley. Just didn't look like they even knew how to play football, having Lewis Young in a football team is never a good idea. Still upset we conceded to them and he got an assist.

Best Opposition Player? - Sam Morsy. Said previously that he ripped us apart, also a great ball winning midfielder.

Worst Opposition Player? - Raphael Branco (Swindon). Got ruined by Van Veen at our place and just looked terrible all round. Should have been sent off too.

Best Opposition Fans? - Probably Chesterfield on this one. Made quite a bit of noise in the 2-2 draw in the FA Cup.

Worst Opposition Fans? - Sheffield United. Considering how many they bring they barely make any noise.

Best Opposition Ground? - Isn't the best ground in the world but I went to Peterborough for the first time this year and I really enjoyed it, wasn't the nicest group but liked the location.

Worst Oppositon Ground? Can't think of a particularly bad ground.

Best Opposition Goal? Greg Leigh against us for Crewe for nice.

Zeus

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Oh Bottega Don, he's one of our own

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Best Opposition Team?

I would say Franchise based on the game I watched on tellybox but I'm going to use a rule that I can only base it on games I was actually at the game so Rochdale

Worst Opposition Team?

Because I am a Swindon fan and we are all nasty I am going to go for Franchise, just because of the abomination they are. Honourable mentions to Crawley who were absolutely woeful at the CG yet managed to beat us.

Best Opposition Player?

The lad playing left midfield for Rochdale, or Wade Elliot for helping us in our title decider in November

Worst Opposition Player?

So many inept players at this level but can't remember any that particularly stand out really. If I wanted to be particularly churlish I would pick Garner who did nowt at the CG, but that's clearly insanity personified.

Best Opposition Fans?

Our tickets are too expensive and people don't bother travelling much to ours. I think one of the northern teams on a midweek, possibly Oldham although I did like the friendly Colchester fans.

Worst Opposition Fans?

Take your pick really. Probably Crawley

Best Opposition Ground?

My choice is fairly limited so whatever the Colchester Ground is called

Worst Oppositon Ground?

Not in our league but Kenilworth Road in the league cup was an eye opener.

Best Opposition Goal?

Oldham scored a beezer at the CG.

Scumarmy.

Reaction score
Supports
Milton Keynes Dons
Best Opposition Team?

I would say Franchise based on the game I watched on tellybox but I'm going to use a rule that I can only base it on games I was actually at the game so Rochdale

Worst Opposition Team?

Because I am a Swindon fan and we are all nasty I am going to go for Franchise, just because of the abomination they are.

After I said all those nice things about your club in the play-off final thread :dis:

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
After I said all those nice things about your club in the play-off final thread :dis:

I meant to put something about that in my thread but forgot. Those words that came from your quill hurt me so bad, hence your teams' vote.

Scumarmy.

Reaction score
Supports
Milton Keynes Dons
I meant to put something about that in my thread but forgot. Those words that came from your quill hurt me so bad, hence your teams' vote.

If you cut out most of it, I said you were sound. Overall, a positive post about Swindon IMO.

Heisenberg20

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Excuse him, he's bitter we both beat them to automatic promotion....

As for me....
Best Opposition Team? MK Dons. In September we won 3-2 but probably the best 'Football' game all season and could have gone either way, looked a very good team.

Worst Opposition Team? Notts County.

Best Opposition Player? Matt Done of Sheffield Utd.

Worst Opposition Player? Raphael Rossi Branco. Reckon Vince McMahon could sign him up.

Best Opposition Fans? MK Dons. May raise eyebrows but they were excellent at AG.

Worst Oppositon Fans? Swindon Town. Again easy choice.

Best Opposition Ground? Preston North End. Really like Deepdale and a good bunch of fans to boot.

Worst Opposition Ground? Crawley Town. Couldnt make Swindon away this season that would be my choice but Crawley Isnt great.

Best Opposition Goal? Curtis Main of Doncaster Rovers.

CHAMPIONS.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Best Opposition Team
Preston. The game at AG they done carried out the perfect away performance, and followed what I imagine Grayson's gameplan to the letter. Then at their place - they gave us a real good game, they were competitive, and looked similar to us in many ways.

Worst Opposition Team?
Sorry Posh fans - but it's a no-brainer for me. Both performances against us you were absolutely appalling, and only registered 1 shot on target against us in two games. You looked shaky at the back, you had no attacking presence in either games, despite the media bigging-up the 'Mac Attack' return before we thumped you 0-3 at your place - and in both games, it could have been so many more.

Best Opposition Player?
Not sure if this really answers the question - but the best individual performance I've seen against us this season was Matty Done at the Gate in Sheffield United's 1-3 win. Absolutely ran the show with Jamie Murphy, who also deserves a mention, but Done bagged a brace, an assist, and look quite simply brilliant.

Worst Opposition Player?
Raphael Branco in our 3-0 battering of Swindon at the Gate again. He was determined to play anything but the ball, should have conceded 3 penalties against him, and was one of the worst ball players of a football I've seen. He looked like a rugby player had been dumped on a football pitch and didn't know the difference in rules. Acted like a complete thug.

Best Opposition Fans?

Oldham fans were exceptional at the Gate. Numbers wise it was pretty poor - but the noise they generated in the Atyeo that game which our fans claim 'an atmosphere can't be made in' was exceptional for so few of them.

Worst Opposition Fans?

MK Dons - massive game, and only 400 odd turned up to support them, and when they occasionally sang, it was the plastic shite consisting of - 'Allez allez allez oh' or 'Everywhere we go' etc etc.

The fact we took 10x more to their place than they took to ours is a pretty embarrassing stat as well.

Best Opposition Ground?

Out of the ones I've been too - Deepdale.

Proper football ground, good atmosphere, 16,000 in there, a lot of City fans there - was a cracking day.

Worst Oppositon Ground?

Again - out of the ones I've been too - Spotland.

Absolute shithole, surrounded in barbed wire, the food was shite, the beer was flat - shite ground and away day from what I experienced.

Best Opposition Goal?

Got to be Swindon's goal in November from one Michael Smith that confirmed the league back in November hasn't it?

Reactions: Cas

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
Best Opposition Team?

Swindon were outstanding when they beat us at the Ricoh. I thought they would go on any get an automatic place.

Worst Opposition Team?

Over two games I must say Crawley.

Best Opposition Player?

Carl Baker... Seriously, he was brilliant when MK Dons came to the Ricoh.

Worst Opposition Player?

Just because of his embarrassing hair. Pogba.

Best Opposition Fans?

MK Dons were surprisingly loud when they came to the Ricoh. Away from home I would have to say Bradford.

Worst Opposition Fans?

MK Dons at their place. Was a strange atmosphere that day, both sets of fans were silent. Probably the quietest I have heard Coventry fans away that day.

Best Opposition Ground?

Just because of the location County. On the actual stadium itself Sheffield United, Bradford and Preston have the character.

Worst Opposition Ground?

Without doubt Yeovil and Gillingham.

Best Opposition Goal?

I am sure there is a good goal against us, but I can't picture one. Someone tell me a good goal your team has scored past us?!

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
I would add that the Bristol City fans at the Ricoh were good too.

Reactions: JJH

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
[QUOTE="PUSBCCFC, post: 138301, member: 353"I am sure there is a good goal against us, but I can't picture one. Someone tell me a good goal your team has scored past us?! [/QUOTE]
Marlon Pack scored a decent one at the Ricoh - was perfectly placed from 25 yards!

Reactions: Cas

Scumarmy.

Reaction score
Supports
Milton Keynes Dons
Best Opposition Fans? MK Dons. May raise eyebrows but they were excellent at AG.

Worst Opposition Fans?
MK Dons - massive game, and only 400 odd turned up to support them, and when they occasionally sang, it was the plastic shite consisting of - 'Allez allez allez oh' or 'Everywhere we go' etc etc.

The fact we took 10x more to their place than they took to ours is a pretty embarrassing stat as well.
Best Opposition Fans?

MK Dons were surprisingly loud when they came to the Ricoh.

Worst Opposition Fans?

MK Dons at their place. Was a strange atmosphere that day, both sets of fans were silent. Probably the quietest I have heard Coventry fans away that day.

:doh::lol:

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
[QUOTE="PUSBCCFC, post: 138301, member: 353"I am sure there is a good goal against us, but I can't picture one. Someone tell me a good goal your team has scored past us?!
Marlon Pack scored a decent one at the Ricoh - was perfectly placed from 25 yards![/QUOTE]

Okay, Pack wins goal against Coventry of the season!

Reactions: JJH

Scumarmy.

Reaction score
Supports
Milton Keynes Dons
But you were probably only good because you bought a significantly bigger than usual following to the Ricoh...

I am the first to slate our fans but they were fucking awesome that day, especially considering the team were shit.

I was in the Coventry end too as I mentioned earlier which made it all the more surprising how loud we were.

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
I am the first to slate our fans but they were fucking awesome that day, especially considering the team were shit.

I was in the Coventry end too as I mentioned earlier which made it all the more surprising how loud we were.

Yeah, the best to come to the Ricoh this season.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Best Opposition Team?
MK in the cup looked superb.

Worst Opposition Team?
Yeovil we beat twice and at home we beat them 4-1 yet their keeper was still by far their best player!

Best Opposition Player?
Afobe easily

Worst Opposition Player?
Gavin Tomlin had a mare against us

Best Opposition Fans?
None overly, MK weren't too bad at VP in cup.
Worst Opposition Fans?
Crawley bringing 34 or whatever it was!
Best Opposition Ground?
Coventry- was impressed with the Ricoh just needs fans in it!
Worst Oppositon Ground?
Of the games I went to Peterborough
Best Opposition Goal?
Didn't conceded many good goals as our shite defence usually let teams scuff one in but JET away at Bristol City was good.

Aaron-Bcfc

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Best Opposition Team? Chesterfield, not so impressive at the Proact but were great at Ashton Gate.

Worst Opposition Team? Walsall. 8-2. We were something else second half though, to be fair.

Best Opposition Player? Jabo Ibehre. Bossed it.

Worst Opposition Player? Cieron Keane young back up left back for Notts County got destroyed by Mark Little at Meadow Lane.

Best Opposition Fans? Oldham

Worst Opposition Fans? Coventry. I know they were in the shit at the time but 7k at home only shortly after returning to the Ricoh was a poor effort.

Best Opposition Ground? Deepdale.

Worst Oppositon Ground? Ricoh. Just a bowl and looked worse not even being half full.

Best Opposition Goal? Michael Smith's decider in November was a great goal to be fair.

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
It amazes me people are still surprised with our low home crowds.

Aaron-Bcfc

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
It amazes me people are still surprised with our low home crowds.

Last season we were in a worse situation than you for the majority of the season and we never dipped below 10k. So yes it was surprising to see a club of your size getting 7/8k home fans. Especially considering you had nearly 30k turn up to the Gills game just a few weeks previous to playing us.

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
Last season we were in a worse situation than you for the majority of the season and we never dipped below 10k. So yes it was surprising to see a club of your size getting 7/8k home fans. Especially considering you had nearly 30k turn up to the Gills game just a few weeks previous to playing us.

No way, there isn't a club in the football league with our troubles.

The troubles that have destroyed a fan base.

Aaron-Bcfc

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
No way, there isn't a club in the football league with our troubles.

The troubles that have destroyed a fan base.

I meant on the pitch we were in a worse situation than you.

pnefcben

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Best Opposition Team? Tricky one. Probably Rochdale because when they beat us 3-0 they absolutely battered us. Bristol City were alright at Deepdale too, gave us a good game.

Worst Opposition Team? Didn't see the Crewe at home game, and despite scabbing a 2-2 draw, Yeovil were poor. But Oldham were shocking at Boundary Park when we beat them 4-0.

Best Opposition Player? Daniel Johnson against us when he played for Chesterfield in the 3-3 draw. Was a class above.

Worst Opposition Player? Only recent one that sticks out is Riccardo Santos for Peterborough. Donkey.

Best Opposition Fans?
Bristol City and Bradford were loud. Will go with Bradford, less numbers than the 3,000 they brought the previous season on a Tuesday night but well noisy. Their home fans are bloody loud too.

Worst Opposition Fans? No one really stands out...for the Deepdale games the obvious teams like Yeovil and Crawley stick out. When we played MK away in March, they made no noise whatsoever. It felt like a home game for us. So MK Dons it is.

Best Opposition Ground? Valley Parade, hands down. Bramall Lane a close second. Third is Meadow Lane simply because Hooters is close by.

Worst Oppositon Ground? Barnsley because of the atrocious car park near the stadium and Port Vale because Burslem turned into the English equivalent of Syria after the game.

Best Opposition Goal? probably Gilbey of Colchester, wonder goal from 25 yards. Ball for Fleetwood scored a decent one as well but the wind took it in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!