The Championship Play-Off Final Thread

Techno Natch

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Cringey, Id be embarrassed if that was the City end.

Bristol bloody Rovers took more to the conference play off, jeeesss.

Really? One of the worst things about Wembley was the 20-25k that go once every few years. I find that more embarrassing as City won't even open the top tier often next year.

Another Walkley Owl

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
Best team on the day won, congratulations hull, good luck next season. Hopefully with a few additions we will be up there again next season. Blademan unless you are younger than 30 you should know, we know how it feels to lose at Wembley and have u lot laugh at us. Still proud to an owl tonight and had a great day out. As often happens only the match spoiled the day.
UTO!!!!

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
I'm a bit shocked that a side who haven't averaged higher than 16,000 for the last 36 years are trying to take the piss out of another clubs support
We've already sold over 16,000 season tickets for next season so that'll soon change.

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Best team on the day won, congratulations hull, good luck next season. Hopefully with a few additions we will be up there again next season. Blademan unless you are younger than 30 you should know, we know how it feels to lose at Wembley and have u lot laugh at us. Still proud to an owl tonight and had a great day out. As often happens only the match spoiled the day.
UTO!!!!

I meant more the playoffs mate. I know you've lost there before. We do it often you don't.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Who gives a fuck we get far more fans than you week in week out home and away always have always will , there the real fans Adding another 25k pretend fans when you go to Wembley means fuck all there not fans anyway.
May change next season but I catch your drift.

I'd rather us sell out Wembley/The Millenium like we do every time we go there than have a turnout like Hull's today - Wednesday fans were fantastic, and for the first 38 minutes against Hull when we played them the atmosphere was fantastic as well.

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
The thing is, Hull will average 23/24k next year in the Prem - like they did in 14/15 (23,557 to be exact). Yet they can only muster 26k for Wembley? It just seems strange.

PrestonCha

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
13321728_805339302900349_6565445195446775765_n.png

Wow!
Just for a bit of balance.
04_28184626_70f0a7_2895918a.jpg

Looks like they've filled all 3 tiers there.

They took about 30k. Respectable, imo.

Ciderup

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol sport FC
FWIW, I'm not taking the piss, just really surprised by the turnout. Congratulations Tigers, well done, you certainly deserved to win.
Good luck to you.
Wednesday fans, take a bow, absolutely brilliant support and backing.

Ciderup

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol sport FC
Best team on the day won, congratulations hull, good luck next season. Hopefully with a few additions we will be up there again next season. Still proud to an owl tonight and had a great day out. As often happens only the match spoiled the day.
UTO!!!!
Fair play Walkley, very magnanimous of you.
Your fans were magnificent mate, I tip my hat to you. :thumbs:

Another Walkley Owl

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
Fair play Walkley, very magnanimous of you.
Your fans were magnificent mate, I tip my hat to you. :thumbs:
Just got back 2hrs 30 mins, yet took 4 hrs plus to get there.
Yes, we were pretty impressive, even after the match carried on supporting to lift the lads off the floor. Hull fans are a strange lot, no post match celebrations just walked up Wembley way without a murmur, don't know if they were intimidated by our numbers but you would honestly have thought they'd lost. We would have been going mental if we had won. Feels strange but I'm not devastated as I thought I would be, maybe because after years of shite we genuinely believe "were on the way back" :)

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Yes, we were pretty impressive, even after the match carried on supporting to lift the lads off the floor. Hull fans are a strange lot, no post match celebrations just walked up Wembley way without a murmur, don't know if they were intimidated by our numbers but you would honestly have thought they'd lost. We would have been going mental if we had won. Feels strange but I'm not devastated as I thought I would be, maybe because after years of shite we genuinely believe "were on the way back" :)
IMG-20160528-WA0003.jpg

blade1889

sir
Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
Twitter
@blade1889

They are an odd lot, remember when we played them in the semi hearing several say they were saving their money for the final. Doubt youd hear blades, owls (or many other) clubs sound so complacent or not go to a 'sure win' match at Wembley. Certainly not in the FA cup.

After the black hole Sheffield footballs been in is it to much to hope that we've both found our way out and our respective clubs can give us what our support 'deserves'? I'm hoping Wilder will give us our pride and passion back and you're obviously on the way up on this seasons showing.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
I've never got it when a turnout at Wembley gets criticised. How is it Hull's fault that they don't get more day trippers and fair weather fans? They average 23k in the PL, a lot less when they are in the Championship. I'd imagine almost all of the 23k that usually go to home games went to Wembley, so the people that are getting criticised for not going are the ones that don't go anyway. If they can't be bothered to make the trip 10-15 minutes(if you live in Hull) to visit the KC, why would they spend hundreds of pounds and travel 3-4 hours to go to Wembley?

What are the club and fan base supposed to do, invent more fans? Drag them kicking and screaming to Wembley? As others have pointed out, Hull is a Rugby town. People also seem to forget that Hull were only getting 4/5k in the mid 90s. The fact that they have 30k turn up for this game is pretty good I think. I also agree with those that have pointed out that the Premier League isn't all its cracked up to be. Hull have gone up twice before and have been to Wembley on several occasions over the last 8 years. I mean, 2008 was the first time in their history, so they were bound to take more. I bet they also took excellent numbers to the FA Cup Semi Final and Final 2 years ago.

So what does a Championship Play Off final mean to a team that won it before 8 years ago and to a team that made the FA Cup final 2 years ago? Probably not all that much and nor should it. Hull taking 30k is not a reflection on them, nor the fan base, nor on anyone connected with the club. In this case, it isn't even a reflection on the town, given the various extra circumstances that probably contributed to the lower attendance.

As for the game, I thought Hull were by far the better team and deserved to win it, not that its saying much. Bit sad that 2 of the 3 teams that went down last season have gone straight back up. Hard to compete with teams that have £20m transfer funds at their disposal. Next season is going to be even more hard to compete as well, what with 3 big clubs coming down who will likely be able to command the transfer market. The top end of this league is going to be ridiculous.

As for Wednesday, they were really poor I thought. Were they simply not good enough, or did they just not play well enough? They looked several players short of a true promotion contender, but the building blocks are obviously there. Be interesting to see if they can come again next season. Going to need a fair bit of investment I reckon.

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
I've never got it when a turnout at Wembley gets criticised. How is it Hull's fault that they don't get more day trippers and fair weather fans? They average 23k in the PL, a lot less when they are in the Championship. I'd imagine almost all of the 23k that usually go to home games went to Wembley, so the people that are getting criticised for not going are the ones that don't go anyway. If they can't be bothered to make the trip 10-15 minutes(if you live in Hull) to visit the KC, why would they spend hundreds of pounds and travel 3-4 hours to go to Wembley?

What are the club and fan base supposed to do, invent more fans? Drag them kicking and screaming to Wembley? As others have pointed out, Hull is a Rugby town. People also seem to forget that Hull were only getting 4/5k in the mid 90s. The fact that they have 30k turn up for this game is pretty good I think. I also agree with those that have pointed out that the Premier League isn't all its cracked up to be. Hull have gone up twice before and have been to Wembley on several occasions over the last 8 years. I mean, 2008 was the first time in their history, so they were bound to take more. I bet they also took excellent numbers to the FA Cup Semi Final and Final 2 years ago.

So what does a Championship Play Off final mean to a team that won it before 8 years ago and to a team that made the FA Cup final 2 years ago? Probably not all that much and nor should it. Hull taking 30k is not a reflection on them, nor the fan base, nor on anyone connected with the club. In this case, it isn't even a reflection on the town, given the various extra circumstances that probably contributed to the lower attendance.

As for the game, I thought Hull were by far the better team and deserved to win it, not that its saying much. Bit sad that 2 of the 3 teams that went down last season have gone straight back up. Hard to compete with teams that have £20m transfer funds at their disposal. Next season is going to be even more hard to compete as well, what with 3 big clubs coming down who will likely be able to command the transfer market. The top end of this league is going to be ridiculous.

As for Wednesday, they were really poor I thought. Were they simply not good enough, or did they just not play well enough? They looked several players short of a true promotion contender, but the building blocks are obviously there. Be interesting to see if they can come again next season. Going to need a fair bit of investment I reckon.

Best post all day as always by you a sensible knowledgeable football man

Another Walkley Owl

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC

Really? A city of Hulls size, with 1 football club in it? If it doesn't reflect on Hull and their fanbase who does it reflect on? Talking rubbish there mate. That takes nothing away from them as I stated earlier they deserved to win, its what happens on the pitch that matters.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
When we played them last at the PO final I left the ground about a minute before the final whistle and to my amazement there were some Hull fans coming out of the stadium.... baffling.

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Lol
Lol, most of us are back now mate

I know only a joke pal you seem a decent kid. Bit of banter it's our turn for once at last. Your years in front of us at the minute but football changes very quickly. I've been through it many times life moves on. All about England now in the euros

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
They are an odd lot, remember when we played them in the semi hearing several say they were saving their money for the final. Doubt youd hear blades, owls (or many other) clubs sound so complacent or not go to a 'sure win' match at Wembley. Certainly not in the FA cup.

After the black hole Sheffield footballs been in is it to much to hope that we've both found our way out and our respective clubs can give us what our support 'deserves'? I'm hoping Wilder will give us our pride and passion back and you're obviously on the way up on this seasons showing.
Did you not get a lower gate at your PO semi last season than your home average? Surely the only logical explanation for that is people saving the money for Wembley (had you have got there).

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Ole ole, WAWAW, WAWAW

When we played them last at the PO final I left the ground about a minute before the final whistle and to my amazement there were some Hull fans coming out of the stadium.... baffling.

Ole ole we almost won at Wembley oops

Reactions: JJH

blade1889

sir
Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
Twitter
@blade1889
Did you not get a lower gate at your PO semi last season than your home average? Surely the only logical explanation for that is people saving the money for Wembley (had you have got there).

No idea, I didn't go cos id got a 'same old, same old' outlook on it, was very disillusioned with the football on display under Clough. Never felt so apathetic with such little connection to my club and team before. Presume others felt the same.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Ole ole we almost won at Wembley oops
Ha, I didn't even mean to send that - I was supposed to quote CU's quote and explain to him what 'WAWAW' means, but got sidetracked half way through and clearly quoted the wrong post.

I stand corrected CU, but I believe 'WAWAW' means 'we're all Wednesday aren't we?'

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united

No we would of took about 25k to Wembley last year had we got there. We got 16k against Yeovil 3 years ago in the playoffs. We don't turn out for them

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
No idea, I didn't go cos id got a 'same old, same old' outlook on it, was very disillusioned with the football on display under Clough. Never felt so apathetic with such little connection to my club and team before. Presume others felt the same.
Aye, it wasn't a criticism, just an observation on semi-final attendances in comparison with the rest of the season and whether or not the 'saving money' excuse actually has substance.

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Aye, it wasn't a criticism, just an observation on semi-final attendances in comparison with the rest of the season and whether or not the 'saving money' excuse actually has substance.

It was only £15 a ticket too

blade1889

sir
Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
Twitter
@blade1889

I've certainly never heard that as a reason why a Blade hasn't gone to the match like I have from Hull fans, nor is it a reason that's crossed my mind. Would also argue winning a PO semi is vastly different to an FA cup semi win at Wembley tbf.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
It was only £15 a ticket too
Did you bother with it? What's the reasoning, is it your shit PO record? Before last season when PNE won it, it was only you and them that had a worse PO record than us, but personally I'm still well up for the play-offs, and I think we'd sell out 27,000 for the home leg, whatever we were allocated anywhere in the away leg and then still have full numbers at Wembley. Like I was saying in the box earlier, we've a lot of c*** that only turn out for the big occasion - more than most unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!