The L2 Playoffs

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Baudry to all intents and purposes has retired. If he hadn't I dont think he would of posted those comments on social media. Whilst the oldest member of our squad, he is still a comparatively young man, and posting daft things on social media is what young men do. Anybody that saw both games would agree that over the two legs Vale deserved to win as we didn't take our chances. Ive stayed off the forum over the past 10 days as I've been on holiday and took some days to get over the defeat and as a consequence am not aware of whether or not its been documented about what happened post match. The fact that our players were attacked on the pitch (the evidence is there) excuses, in my opinion, any derogatory comments from our players on social media. Its not sour grapes its anti-social behavior. What our fans are aggrieved about isn't the result but the fact that our end was subjected to missile throwing by some vale fans when they should have been celebrating their victory as well as the fact that Staffs & , for that matter, Wilts police did nothing to stop the attacks.
Whilst I agree that there is a minority of idiots amongst our supporters, I think Swindon's reaction was way over the top to cover their own failings.

From all the video evidence I've seen it seemed like a lot of handbags on pitch. If any fan has struck a player then they should be dealt with accordingly.

One question I have to ask is why were the Swindon players hanging around on the pitch after and getting involved? They had ample opportunity to get off the pitch and down the tunnel but a couple of mates said they were going back for more verbals. Perhaps not the angels they were made out to be.

Additionally, video evidence shows clearly that Swindon fans were throwing missiles first. It doesn't make it right to throw them back but again not quite the angels.

Why did the Swindon fans stay around? If that was me I'd be out of the gates as soon as the penalty landed. It's a quick emptying stand too!

Like I said...I don't condone any of our idiots but it seems like Swindon were equally culpable in some aspects yet wanted to distract from the fact that they completely bottled it.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Mansfield fans were superb on Saturday even after the shambles on the pitch, and it’s been one of the best seasons support wise for a long time

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Give me the reasons why you’ve made that up and I’ll tell you why ya talking bollocks.
What other team in the league can offer over 300k for a player in league 2? Zero. Absolutely zero. Remember that pathetic offer on Watkins you offered us? Nobody else can afford that at this level. Even though it was a publicly humiliating offer, it's still eye watering at this level.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
What other team in the league can offer over 300k for a player in league 2? Zero. Absolutely zero. Remember that pathetic offer on Watkins you offered us? Nobody else can afford that at this level. Even though it was a publicly humiliating offer, it's still eye watering at this level.

That has no bearing on this season or discussion considering it was literally years ago daft lad. Nobody is denying JR is loaded and can spend that money on a player if he wants.

(FYI Salford paid Bruno Andrade a six figure signing on fee, so they probably can afford to spend that)

Last edited:

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Issue is it’s a minority, so tarring all Vale fans with that brush isn’t really right, Swindon fans were chucking seats and objects at the Vale fans, they attacked a bus against Bradford most clubs have these morons attacked including Swindon and it’s a football wide problem at the moment (St Etienne last night) and needs sorting. Post pandemic these events seem to be happening regularly and it’s a concern.

There was a lot of bitterness towards us, that said seeing some of the clips of the team coach on the way home Sunday it’s clear they used a lot of these comments to fire themselves up.

On a side note why did Crosby lead the team out? (Unless my eyes were deceiving me)
Aye fans shouldn’t tar all fans with the same brush, just in case the below type on incidents happen. Not for one minute would I ever say it was more than a handful of idiots, most Swindon fans are sound. Holding something against an entire fan base is just wrong.

Swindon Town fans charged after attack on Bradford coach https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-61434959

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
That has no bearing on this season or discussion considering it was literally years ago daft lad. Nobody is denying JR is loaded and can spend that money on a player if he wants.

(FYI Salford paid Bruno Andrade a six figure signing on fee, so they probably can afford to spend that)
Your ownership hasn't changed so the point stands. You're loaded and have a massive budget for L2, and a top 3 budget is a guarantee.

You're just trying to downplay it due to years of embarrassing failures

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Issue is it’s a minority, so tarring all Vale fans with that brush isn’t really right, Swindon fans were chucking seats and objects at the Vale fans, they attacked a bus against Bradford most clubs have these morons attacked including Swindon and it’s a football wide problem at the moment (St Etienne last night) and needs sorting. Post pandemic these events seem to be happening regularly and it’s a concern.

There was a lot of bitterness towards us, that said seeing some of the clips of the team coach on the way home Sunday it’s clear they used a lot of these comments to fire themselves up.

On a side note why did Crosby lead the team out? (Unless my eyes were deceiving me)
I've no doubt it was a minority but it would appear from the images from the pitch, and what I could see happening in front of our stand, that the minority was in the early hundreds. Any retaliation from our stand ( and I have not seen any evidence whatsoever that broken seats were flung onto the pitch) was due to the fact that rather than celebrate on the pitch with your players the "minority" decided to goad our fans (again, to be expected) but also resorted to throwing full drink bottles (albeit plastic) and coins. The bitterness towards your club is due to the fact that all of this appears to be swept under the carpet as you prepare for Wembley. As an aside we have been in this position before. I was in the stands in 1993 when Tranmere fans invaded the pitch at the end of our playoff semi and moved menacingly towards our fans. Rather than goading or fighting us they ( to a man) proceeded to shake the hands of our support and wish us well in the final. Finally with regard to supporters chasing a bus of Bradford supporters. Social Media images support the fact that it was about 5 or 6 under 15's. Now that's what I call a minority

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

Still so pleased we cocked it up in our own very mansfield way.

sigh

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Your ownership hasn't changed so the point stands. You're loaded and have a massive budget for L2, and a top 3 budget is a guarantee.

You're just trying to downplay it due to years of embarrassing failures

I support Mansfield mate, think I’d be used to embarrassing failures by now without having to downplay anything, I just actually know what I’m talking about because it’s the club I support, where as usual your chatting bollocks in ya power rangers pjs.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
I support Mansfield mate, think I’d be used to embarrassing failures by now without having to downplay anything, I just actually know what I’m talking about because it’s the club I support, where as usual your chatting bollocks in ya power rangers pjs.
Ah, so because Mansfield is the club you support it makes you privy to every other clubs budget so you're certain it's not a top 3 budget, despite offering eye watering sums for players with the current owner. However, someone else in L2 couldn't possibly know your budget whereas you know everyone elses so you can compare them. Do fuck off you imbecile

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Ah, so because Mansfield is the club you support it makes you privy to every other clubs budget so you're certain it's not a top 3 budget, despite offering eye watering sums for players with the current owner. However, someone else in L2 couldn't possibly know your budget whereas you know everyone elses so you can compare them. Do fuck off you imbecile

It’s just common sense going off the signings we made, size of the squad etc. we all know who’s got the biggest budget in the league comfortably anyway, no need to get so upset and say a naughty word, you must know other clubs budget if ours is a top three ‘guarantee’ :lol:

Tell me who we paid fees for this season, I can only presume you know.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
It’s just common sense going off the signings we made, size of the squad etc. we all know who’s got the biggest budget in the league comfortably anyway, hope those pjs fit nice mate.
'Top 3' budget. Your only argument is that Salford have a bigger budget so therefore you are only top 7.

What's the air like up in Mansfield? Clearly fucking contaminated. Everyone in the league knows your a top 3 budget that continues to fail year on year. Embarrassing beyond belief. And next year will be the same, I expect.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
'Top 3' budget. Your only argument is that Salford have a bigger budget so therefore you are only top 7.

What's the air like up in Mansfield? Clearly fucking contaminated. Everyone in the league knows your a top 3 budget that continues to fail year on year. Embarrassing beyond belief. And next year will be the same, I expect.

It’s a guarantee we are top three according to you, so I can only presume you are aware of the list the EFL send out?

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Congrats Vale. I was looking forward to renewing hostilities with you but its not to be. The perfect Wembley performance and I don't begrudge your fans that day. You have a minority of idiots like every club but I know a few decent Vale fans so I'm chuffed for them, a few good away days in that league albeit abit more travelling. The bottom half of league 1 isn't too much different to league 2 so with abit of good recruitment you should do alright.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
It’s just common sense going off the signings we made, size of the squad etc. we all know who’s got the biggest budget in the league comfortably anyway, no need to get so upset and say a naughty word, you must know other clubs budget if ours is a top three ‘guarantee’ :lol:

Tell me who we paid fees for this season, I can only presume you know.
I don't think many L2 sides actually pay a transfer fee for players.
Much of the budget talk is down to the wages, and I remember thinking Mansfield were 'going for it' when you signed Oates, Johnson and Hawkins in pre-season.
O'Toole, Akins and Quinn id imagine are on a fair wedge too

Last edited:

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I don't think many L2 sides actually pay a transfer fee for players.
Much of the budget talk is down to the wages, and I remember thinking Mansfield were 'going for it' when you signed Oates, Johnson and Hawkins in pre-season.
O'Toole, Akins and Quinn id imagine are on a fair wedge too

I’m sure players you mentioned are definitely on a good wage, but I can only presume the context is getting muddled here because I think we pay good wages, but we started to cut our cloth during the Coughlan era a bit and Clough always made a deal about lowering the wage threshold and making it more tight knit.

FYI the club have a ‘competitive budget’ that’s the managers own words, and I don’t doubt that’s true, and I actually think after Salford the next bunch are probably very close together (Mansfield included) but this conversation started due to a Exeter fan suggesting we probably have the most gigantic budget in the league due to loan signings that cost us barely owt and the transfermrkt site for fucks sake :lol: Sometimes you’ve gotta put in the effort and go through all the drivel on here to get a better understanding.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I've no doubt it was a minority but it would appear from the images from the pitch, and what I could see happening in front of our stand, that the minority was in the early hundreds. Any retaliation from our stand ( and I have not seen any evidence whatsoever that broken seats were flung onto the pitch) was due to the fact that rather than celebrate on the pitch with your players the "minority" decided to goad our fans (again, to be expected) but also resorted to throwing full drink bottles (albeit plastic) and coins. The bitterness towards your club is due to the fact that all of this appears to be swept under the carpet as you prepare for Wembley. As an aside we have been in this position before. I was in the stands in 1993 when Tranmere fans invaded the pitch at the end of our playoff semi and moved menacingly towards our fans. Rather than goading or fighting us they ( to a man) proceeded to shake the hands of our support and wish us well in the final. Finally with regard to supporters chasing a bus of Bradford supporters. Social Media images support the fact that it was about 5 or 6 under 15's. Now that's what I call a minority
All deflection tactics I'm afraid. The players and manager barely mentioned the game afterwards but were very keen to talk about the trouble....I wonder why?

As I said, I don't condone any illegal behaviour and we have our idiots (just like every other team). I'm convinced that any assessment of the after game will conclude that it wasn't as bad or one sided as Swindon seemed to think it was. Both their fans and players had equal opportunity to move away from any flash points but chose not to...strange behaviour for self proclaimed pacifists.

What I think really happened here is that the Swindon manager and players thought it was signed and sealed before the game and they really should have won the penalty shoot out. How best to deflect from that situation? Make anything other than the game the big news story of course!

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
I’m sure players you mentioned are definitely on a good wage, but I can only presume the context is getting muddled here because I think we pay good wages, but we started to cut our cloth during the Coughlan era a bit and Clough always made a deal about lowering the wage threshold and making it more tight knit.

FYI the club have a ‘competitive budget’ that’s the managers own words, and I don’t doubt that’s true, and I actually think after Salford the next bunch are probably very close together (Mansfield included) but this conversation started due to a Exeter fan suggesting we probably have the most gigantic budget in the league due to loan signings that cost us barely owt and the transfermrkt site for fucks sake :lol: Sometimes you’ve gotta put in the effort and go through all the drivel on here to get a better understanding.
One can only assume you're wilfully misrepresenting what people have said, rather than being thick.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
One can only assume you're wilfully misrepresenting what people have said, rather than being thick.

he’s explained it in a which which only the most simple wouldn’t understand.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
I would be shocked if we didn't have a top 3 budget!
Dunno why the other stags find this so hard to accept. It seems pretty obvious.

Yeah, Salford are probably bigger spenders but the way Conker is carrying on you would think mansfield were paying peanuts. Hilarious chip on his shoulder about something so minor...

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
he’s explained it in a which which only the most simple wouldn’t understand.
The explanation isn't the issue, but misrepresenting what someone said, to be fair that's generous actually - It wasn't a misrepresentation, it was a clear lie. The lying is the issue, not his explanation of said rebuttal of something that didn't occur.

Unless you can perhaps tell me who said anything along the lines of what he's implying here "but this conversation started due to a Exeter fan suggesting we probably have the most gigantic budget in the league"

Because this didn't happen. He got caught talking utter shite and then tried to argue a point nobody said. Mansfield absolutely do have a top 3 budget. But nobody said anything of the sort of what he then tried to reason his post on.

The Evil Dead

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I'd say Salford, Bradford and Bristol Rovers all have a bigger budget than Mansfield. Therefore, IMO, they don't have a top 3 budget.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
If its not top 3 at least (I suspect biggest in the league in fact,) I will be astounded.

Who has a bigger budget? I'm struggling to come up with names tbh....

Devon_Lad Sorry shag, back to the dark web for you, make sure you read through the thread next time. If I didn’t use the word ‘probably’ you might not quite be talking completely out your arse, but I did.

Last edited:

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Yeah and I reckon it's very close between you and Salford so what is your point?

I think people overestimated Salford because of their astronomic losses published at companies house. They don't have the fanbase and revenue of mansfield.

I can't see Bradford and Rovers spending anywhere near as much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!