The League One Relegation Thread 15/16

4froale

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
Really looking forward to our game next Saturday. Unfortunately, I can see a few of our idiots being in the home ends too.
:2thumb: Me and a mate are going in the home end. Didn't even realise how popular this game would be until I saw the post from the official site saying there were only a small number of tickets left. Not sure where we will go in the ground but we wont be the kind of nobheads who jump around if latics score.

DN14 Spire

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Praise definitely due to Wilson. What a turnaround since he arrived. A run of just 2 defeats in our last 11 games is just what we needed after becoming such a soft touch under the hopeless Saunders.

Surely we can't stuff it up from here.

coddy

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood Town
:2thumb: Me and a mate are going in the home end. Didn't even realise how popular this game would be until I saw the post from the official site saying there were only a small number of tickets left. Not sure where we will go in the ground but we wont be the kind of nobheads who jump around if latics score.
I'd probably take a draw now as you're flying, as for fans in our home end, it could be perfect preparation for our stewards who are going to face them same problem a week later vs Blackpool, don't agree with it personally but I've never had the issue of not being able to see my team play, and would probably go to the same lengths if needed, as long as they keep shut and no problems are caused, bit of history of it happening though isn't there?

4froale

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
I'd probably take a draw now as you're flying, as for fans in our home end, it could be perfect preparation for our stewards who are going to face them same problem a week later vs Blackpool, don't agree with it personally but I've never had the issue of not being able to see my team play, and would probably go to the same lengths if needed, as long as they keep shut and no problems are caused, bit of history of it happening though isn't there?
Rochdale away last season got a bit giddy but if you listen to the dale fans you would think that we destroyed the town. As much as our fans were in the wrong for being in the Rochdale end, Rochdale kept their home end pay on the day despite the fact that we sold out over 3 weeks in advance of the game and also despite the fact many Oldham fans made it no secret that they would sit in the home end. It was an inevitability that could of been partially avoided.

I don't think there will be such problems on Saturday.

Matt_

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury Town
As expected two games into our very difficult final eight we're well and truly back in the mire.

Our best hope of avoiding relegation would appear to be Blackpool being worse in their remaining four games than we are in our remaining six, but at this stage I wouldn't put any money on that!

Bradford at home on Saturday looks likely to see another defeat so the home game against the Blades next Tuesday is now very important.

Destruction

Reaction score
Supports
Not Voting
Twitter
@Cruyff_des
Blackpool will stay up, they've clearly a better squad than the bottom four and if they weren't followed by a bunch of smacked arses who gave them any sort of home support they'd probably be midtable by now.

And they always beat Wigan.

coddy

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood Town
Blackpool will stay up, they've clearly a better squad than the bottom four and if they weren't followed by a bunch of smacked arses who gave them any sort of home support they'd probably be midtable by now.

And they always beat Wigan.

They've all given up on their club following a few relegations, like spoilt children, all singing all dancing when in the Premier League waving their dicks about with the Oystons in charge, few relegations and its all Oyston OUT, embarrassing.

JoshBCFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
They've all given up on their club following a few relegations, like spoilt children, all singing all dancing when in the Premier League waving their dicks about with the Oystons in charge, few relegations and its all Oyston OUT, embarrassing.
In fairness the Oystons are fucking deluded and do not give a shit.

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Hahaha, we really will always be League One won't we? A glorious twentieth season at this level beckons.
Maybe you will be league one's Leicester story next season with Sheridan in charge. He has done a fantastic job.

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Well around 60 mins we were really under the cosh from Donny and it looked like we could still play a part in this relegation lark with results going against us at that point. However that late screamer from Clarke seems to have put to bed any lingering relegation fears for us and sealed another relegation spot in the process. As I have said elsewhere, the fact that it has come to this for us is farcical but hey ho can plan for next season now.
Great turnaround from Oldham, hopefully they can complete the job now. Would like to be able to do a seaside trip next season, Blackpool's boycotts will make the away game seem a tad lifeless but will bring big numbers to Bury. Fleetwood aren't boycotting so a trip to their gaff will have more atmosphere from the home fans but away numbers to Gigg Lane will be poor....tough choice. Think I'd prefer Fleetwood to stay up, Blackpool come back when you are free of vermin, you can then renew your fictional rivalry with Fleetwood and ill be more willing to travel to BR.

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Leicester, really?
I saw Oldham in January when we put in a woeful gutless performance with a central midfielder at right back and a central midfielder on right wing and we still won easily. Many thought then that Sheridan had his work cut out and Oldham looked buried to me. To turn it round in the manor he has done with some fantastic results against the odds will be one hell of an achievement and something to build on. If they stay up and given a summer to rebuild I wouldn't put it past Oldham being up near the top six next season.
So not quite a Leicester but you catch my drift.

hold'um Oldham

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
Giving Sheridan full backing I agree there is every chance we could do very well next season. Especially as this league is so poor.

However to do that he will need the full support from corney and the board and it's highly doubtful he will be given anywhere near a decent budget. Even in a lower half budget however I would still expect a top half finish.

DN14 Spire

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Giving Sheridan full backing I agree there is every chance we could do very well next season. Especially as this league is so poor.

It's a bit premature to suggest next season's league is going to be poor though isn't it?

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
It's a bit premature to suggest next season's league is going to be poor though isn't it?

I would say looking at the quality of the potential incoming teams that I can't see too much in the way of financial clout or particularly well-supported teams (maybe Pompey) entering the league, therefore the league will probably be of a similar level as this next time around.

hold'um Oldham

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
It's not possible to go from such a poor league this time around to one of high quality given only 1 summer. It would require severe investment at a large proportion of the clubs which isn't realistic. Given you can only swap 7 of the 24 teams at any one time it's hard to see much difference than what we have had this year

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Hard to say, Bristol Rovers will have heavy investment if they go up under new owners, Portsmouth could do well now seemingly out of trouble, Plymouth and Oxford would be likely capable teams.

Interesting to see how Bolton and Charlton do with their situations off the field.

MK will just be MK.

Destruction

Reaction score
Supports
Not Voting
Twitter
@Cruyff_des
Still acting the forum retard I see.

Fleetwood are a tinpot shambles. And yet, considering ours is manufactured and your football interested chairman still might struggle to keep you up, I'd probably not comment eh? Sooner he phucks off and you get back into the North West Counties leagues the better. No mark team can't even sell out their own home game. More Blackpool fans there than home fans. Shithouse.

Yes, that's right. I've come back because we're SOOOO successful.

You and your knobber mates are beyond thick and lack any ounce of football knowledge or brains. But, that's a similar trait as a Preston fan. You'll never achieve phuck all. And will be in the list of boring no mark clubs to never make the Premier League. Quote me. I'll die and you'll not make it. I'll take Blackpools situation and liquidating and never attending another football match than following your boring, nothing football club with that fanbase. A few decent away followings makes up for that absolute dribble you used to take in League One. And if you even try and compare to us this season, it'll just prove the level of retardedness you'll be at.

My footballing memories > yours. Fact.

Now fuck off you daft knobber mug.

Look at him giving it the big one to Fleetwood fans over fan numbers AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1! :lol::lol::lol:

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Hard to say, Bristol Rovers will have heavy investment if they go up under new owners, Portsmouth could do well now seemingly out of trouble, Plymouth and Oxford would be likely capable teams.

Interesting to see how Bolton and Charlton do with their situations off the field.

MK will just be MK.
27 away fans and a comfortable win at gigg lane for the umpteenth time. You are writing Stanley off far to easily here old chap.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Look at him giving it the big one to Fleetwood fans over fan numbers AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1! :lol::lol::lol:

Can't be nice knowing they're losing fans to a club that they used to give sympathy friendlies to.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton

MK will just be MK.

We're not going to do anything.

Our wage bill will be slashed, most of our players will be moved on and we'll be relying on youngsters and whatever garbage our board/management bring in. Their knowledge of the Championship was zero so we've got no chance down here, will be surprised if we finish in the top half.

DN14 Spire

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
We're not going to do anything.

Our wage bill will be slashed, most of our players will be moved on and we'll be relying on youngsters and whatever garbage our board/management bring in. Their knowledge of the Championship was zero so we've got no chance down here, will be surprised if we finish in the top half.

Any chance of the chairman & his cronies phucking off anytime soon?

Back on topic, anyway. Oldham losing last night means they can keep looking over their shoulders for now at least. Some big games this weekend:

Chesterfield v Sheff Utd
Colchester v Peterborough
Donny v Wigan
Dale v Blackpool
Fleetwood v Oldham
Shrewsbury v Bradford

I might be wrong of course but i can't see Donny doing much against unbeaten in ages Wigan. Fleetwood/Oldham is huge, a draw would be good for us. Shrewsbury have their work cut out against an in form Bradford who hardly ever seem to concede recently (mockers duly applied). Colchester have done well recently, i could definitely see them beating Posh but surely it's too little too late. Dale still have play off hopes so will be going all out to beat Blackpool.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton

Back on topic, anyway. Oldham losing last night means they can keep looking over their shoulders for now at least. Some big games this weekend:

Chesterfield v Sheff Utd
Donny v Wigan
Dale v Blackpool
Fleetwood v Oldham
Shrewsbury v Bradford

I might be wrong of course but i can't see Donny doing much against unbeaten in ages Wigan. Fleetwood/Oldham is huge, a draw would be good for us. Shrewsbury have their work cut out against an in form Bradford who hardly ever seem to concede recently (mockers duly applied). Colchester have done well recently, i could definitely see them beating Posh but surely it's too little too late. Dale still have play off hopes so will be going all out to beat Blackpool.

Not at the moment unfortunately, they're stubborn, deluded bastards and are still convinced they are doing it right.

Won't give up though, rumours are that less than 1,000 season tickets have been renewed.

Destruction

Reaction score
Supports
Not Voting
Twitter
@Cruyff_des

Chesterfield v Sheff Utd
Donny v Wigan
Dale v Blackpool
Fleetwood v Oldham
Shrewsbury v Bradford

I'm lumping on a Blackpool win at Rochdale.

Hurrikeen

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham Athletic
Twitter
@Hurrikeen

Chesterfield v Sheff Utd - Not arsed what happens
Colchester v Peterborough- Not arsed what happens
Donny v Wigan - Not arsed what happens
Dale v Blackpool - Rochdale win
Fleetwood v Oldham - Draw is fine
Shrewsbury v Bradford - Not arsed what happens

Literally only Blackpool who I'm arsed about. The bottom 3 are down.

coddy

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood Town
Fleetwood are a tinpot shambles. And yet, considering ours is manufactured and your football interested chairman still might struggle to keep you up, I'd probably not comment eh? Sooner he phucks off and you get back into the North West Counties leagues the better. No mark team can't even sell out their own home game. More Blackpool fans there than home fans.

A tinpot shambles who could well relegate you, how fucking funny would that be :2thumb: It's hardly manufactured, you've had a few relegations and non of your fans want to watch the likes of Tom Aldred after masturbating for years over Charlie Adam! Give me my team over yours any day, Premier League past or not I'm proud of where we've come from and if we happen to end up back there I'll still attend. :bye:

Last edited by a moderator:

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Right, couple of comments deleted. Preston fans, could you please head back to the Championship forum and lay off trolling the Blackpool fans please. Plenty of other ways to do that if you've got nothing better to do with your time. Twitter, Facebook, Blackpool fans forum, your fans forum. Don't need it on here. I'm all for banter, but when we've got nasty comments flying around, its gone too far. Same goes for anyone else dishing out personal abuse. Cut it out please.

Muzzle

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Just to clarify, since the takeover, the only oiff field situation at Bolton now is getting the transfer embargo lifted, which the league imposed after we failed to publish last years accounts due to the takeover mess taking so long. Once rectified, the big earners whose contracts end this season will not be renewed, and the wage bill will go down to between £5-7 million. I'm not saying how competitive we will be, but financially we will have no issues, it will all be about the next manager, and the funds he gets to build the squad, but I expect to see our squad fundamentally changed.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
I'd say with a budget of 5-7 million you should be competing at the top end of the table. My team (Swindon) had a budget of 1.5 million this season and I'd say for most clubs it's probably going to range between 1 and 4 million.

hold'um Oldham

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
I'd say with a budget of 5-7 million you should be competing at the top end of the table. My team (Swindon) had a budget of 1.5 million this season and I'd say for most clubs it's probably going to range between 1 and 4 million.

If they don't walk the league with that sort of budget there is something seriously wrong at that football club. We can only dream of that sort of money. I'd be in dream land if we had a budget of 2 mill. It must be just over the brim of 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!