You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

The Not Worth Sponsoring Trophy Thread 2020/21

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Get a grip ffs. We haven’t taken the competition seriously as we’re more focused on promotion back to League One. Even in a semi final against a team who are a league above us and are in flying form we rested players. No ones a fan of B teams in the competition but guess what, everyone still takes part.

If you’re having a go at fans for getting to a Final at Wembley and adding some much needed money to the bank all because of the B teams then it’s embarrassing on your part more than anything. You can hate a competition but still acknowledge it’s an achievement getting through to the last stage you know.

“As a Grimsby fan, Tranmere fans shouldn’t be happy getting to Wembley Stadium in the EFL Trophy Final and earning another £250k because I don’t like Aston Villa U23s”

Christ alive
He has just reminded me of something. That cracking pub up the hill from Wembley. The Green Man.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
FA trophy is a first team game, and doesn't have "u23" teams in it
There have been no under 23 teams involved from the quarter finals on. Their inclusion taints the competition, but the final is exactly what it should be: a face off between two lower division clubs at Wembley.

If you had reached the latter stages your supporters would have become as engaged as those of ourselves, Oxford, Sunderland and Lincoln and if you claim otherwise you are lying.

Everybody hates and opposes the inclusion of B teams but that does not take away the joy of reaching Wembley.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Grimsby doing a good job of boycotting the entire Football League. Fair play to them, that's next level! #fucktheefl

Hurst2.gif

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
There have been no under 23 teams involved from the quarter finals on. Their inclusion taints the competition, but the final is exactly what it should be: a face off between two lower division clubs at Wembley.

If you had reached the latter stages your supporters would have become as engaged as those of ourselves, Oxford, Sunderland and Lincoln and if you claim otherwise you are lying.

Everybody hates and opposes the inclusion of B teams but that does not take away the joy of reaching Wembley.
I am starting to think him and the Notlob idiot are related.

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
I support Lincoln, but Tranmere have always been my second team since the glory days of Ian Muir and Johnny King, when they used to play regularly on a Friday night and Saint and Greavsie would show the highlights on Saturday lunchtime. Imps - Tranny final would be great.
Ach, not to be. Oh well tranny, make sure you beat the mackems. Have you ever won a Wembley cup final? I seem to remember you losing a League cup final there?

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Ach, not to be. Oh well tranny, make sure you beat the mackems. Have you ever won a Wembley cup final? I seem to remember you losing a League cup final there?
We lost the League Cup final to Leicester in 2000. Outside of playoff wins, the only silverware we've won at Wembley is this trophy back in the early nineties!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FinalRunner

Latest posts