The Oaf Wrestlemania Marathon

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
WWE Championship
The Rock © vs John Cena

Wow, straight to business this year seemingly. None of the massive entrances like last year, not even a pre-match build up video, just John Cenas music and bang, off we go.

For the most part, this was what we got last year. Aside from a couple slow head locks and sleeper holds, it kept a good pace and stayed entertaining enough for the opening 10 minutes or so. Though Cole did manage to call a crossface an STF, which just reinforces his status as a brain farting plonker.

Then it picked up a bit, and they got the opening finishers out of the way, as rematches like this often tend to. Nobody think’s they’re going to put each other away with their first finisher, so they often seem to just plough through the first couple of finishers to get them out of the way. I remember they did the same thing in HBK/Taker II as well.

From there on out, it was just an exchange of finishers, and they managed to do something that even Punk and Taker failed to do… make me think, at times, that I was wrong about my prediction for the outcome. There were a couple of times when it really looked as if The Rock would win it… least of which was probably the highlight of the entire show for me… Cena once again going for the peoples elbow, only to fake Rock out, try an AA… then get that countered into a Rock bottom. Played off of last years ending brilliantly, and I actually thought that Cena being a twat had cost him again.

We then got the biggest exchange of countering finishers EVER… followed by a few hit finishers… followed by more counters… until, eventually Cena hit him with a 6374569th Attitude Adjustment, and finally put The Rock away.

I’m not sure what the final count was, but I’m sure Rock ate 4 AA’s and 1 Rock Bottom, while Cena must have had about 3 Rock Bottoms and a peoples elbow. Yeah, it’s pretty “cheap” booking just to have shitloads of finisher kick outs, and some argue that it “weakens” them in future… but I never agree with that argument. The next time Cena hits an AA, I’m sure it won’t look “weakened” by this match.

It was a decent match, but felt a bit like… I don’t know, The Amazing Spiderman. You’re watching it and you may be enjoying it and hell, you may even think it’s better than the last time around… but it had an element of “been there, done that” about it. It was sort of like Bioshock 2 compared to Bioshock, in that it may have been technically better but lacked that spark it had the first time around. Still, I enjoyed the hell out of it and got really into it. For the second year in a row, I’d say that it was great match, just not a classic.

Then we got… a handshake. I know, cringe, urgh, whatever. That’s how many people feel about that, and fine. I’m happy with it though. This doesn’t mean that they’re “friends” now. It just means that they respect one another… which is sort of what the feud is all about. Dislike of one anothers personality, with complete respect of one anothers careers and achievements.

There’s a good chance that this could actually be The Rocks last ever match. He’s not yet confirmed for WM30. And if this is the end, I think it’s a pretty perfect way to go out… much better than it would have been had he left after WM20. He went out in the main event of Wrestlemania, defending his WWE title, against one of the biggest names in wrestling history. To end it on that note, and I know I’m possibly in a minority in saying this, but it feels like a perfect full stop on one of the greatest careers of all time to me.

Of course, saying all of that… surely we’re going to get Rock/Cena part III… right?

So that’s Wrestlemania 29 out of the way then. My thoughts… it was ok. If it were a regular PPV, I think I’d be saying it was pretty good. But by Wrestlemania standards, I think it fell quite short of what we’ve come to expect. It lacked that one true “Wrestlemania classic”, and it hurt the show as a result. Punk/Taker was great, but not up there with Takers last 4 efforts, and Rock/Cena II was great, but lacked the spark of last years match. Overall, I guess it was a bit of a case of just going through the motions, which isn’t what you’d really want for Wrestlemania. They just played it super safe, going with easy matches, safe results (other than Henry/Ryback, which was ballsy) and we’re not really left in an interesting place come the end of it. It felt as if, maybe, they put a few too many matches on the card and had to rush it a bit... I mean, we didn't even get a single backstage segment! Plus they had to completely remove the 4 vs 4 tag match...

Matching it up against past Wrestlemanias, I’d give it a 5/10. It was never boring, and to the shows great credit, it managed something that very, very few Wrestlemanias have done in where not a single match felt throwaway or was terrible. But it never reached the heights we’d hope it to reach and with all of the pieces they had to play with and the shows great potential, it never really seemed to get out of 1st gear. I saw IGN.com call it “WrestleMEHnia”, and that’s probably the best way of putting it.

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
So as for all of the stat stuff I was tracking, it ended like this... I don't remember what I'd added after WM30, but I'm just going to add on whatever I think now just to keep this thing complete. I seem to remember thinking it was great, but with no absolute classics...

Wrestlemania: 5/10
WM II: 6/10
WM III: 6/10
WM IV: 2/10
WM V: 5/10
WM VI: 6/10
WM VII: 8/10
WM VIII: 6/10
WM IX: 1/10
WM X: 8/10
WM XI: 1/10
WM XII: 8/10
WM 13: 5/10
WM XIV: 9/10
WMXV: 5/10
WM 2000: 7/10
WM X-7: 10/10
WM X8: 7/10
WM XIX: 10/10
WM XX: 7/10
WM XXI: 5/10
WM XXII: 9/10
WM XXIII: 7/10
WM XXIV: 8/10
WM XXV: 4/10
WM XXVI: 7/10
WM XXVII: 6/10
WM XXVIII: 7/10
WM XXIX: 5/10
WM XXX: 8/10

Great matches:

WM II: King Kong Bundy vs Hulk Hogan (If only to see Hulkamania running wild)
WM III: Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat*
WM III: Andre vs Hulk Hogan
WM IV: Randy Savage vs Ted Dibiase
WM V: Randy Savage vs Hulk Hogan
WM VI: Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior*
WM VII: Randy Savage vs Ultimate Warrior*
WM VIII: Roddy Piper vs Bret Hart
WM VIII: Ric Flair vs Randy Savage
WM X: Bret Hart vs Owen Hart*
WM X: Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon - Ladder Match*
WM XII: Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart - Iron Man*
WM 13: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Bret Hart - I Quit Match*
WM XIV: Undertaker vs Kane
WM XIV: Shawn Michaels vs Stone Cold Steve Austin*
WM XV: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock*
WM 2000: Triangle Ladder Match
WM 2000: Chris Benoit vs Chris Jericho vs Kurt Angle - 2 fall triple threat
WM 2000: The Rock vs Triple H vs The Big Show vs Mick Foley
WM X7: Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle*
WM X7: Vince Mcmahon vs Shane Mcmahon*
WM X7: TLC II*
WM X7: The Undertaker vs Triple H
WM X7: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock*
WM X8: Ric Flair vs The Undertaker
WM X8: Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs The Rock*
WM XIX: Trish Stratus vs Victoria vs Jazz
WM XIX: Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels*
WM XIX: Hulk Hogan vs Vince Mcmahon
WM XIX: The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin*
WM XIX: Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle*
WM XX: Orton, Batista and Flair vs The Rock and Mick Foley
WM XX: Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle*
WM XX: Triple H vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit*
WM XXI: Jericho vs Edge vs Christian vs Benoit vs Kane vs Benjamin - MiTB
WM XXI: Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle*
WM XXII: Mick Foley vs Edge*
WM XXII: Shawn Michaels vs Vince Mcmahon
WM XXII: Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton*
WM XXII: Triple H vs John Cena
WM XXIII: King Booker vs Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk vs Mr Kennedy vs Edge vs Finlay vs Randy Orton - MiTB
WM XXIII: John Cena vs Shawn Michaels
WM XXIV: MVP vs CM Punk vs Carlito vs John Morrison vs Mr Kennedy vs Chris Jericho vs Shelton Benjamin - MiTB*
WM XXIV: Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels*
WM XXIV: Edge vs The Undertaker
WM XXV: Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker*
WM XXVI: Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker*
WM XXVII: Triple H vs The Undertaker*
WM XXVIII: Triple H vs The Undertaker - Hell in a Cell*
WM XXVIII: The Rock vs John Cena
WM XXIX: CM Punk vs The Undertaker
WM XXIX: The Rock vs John Cena
WM XXX: Daniel Bryan vs Triple H
WM XXX: Bray Wyatt vs John Cena
WM XXX: Daniel Bryan vs Batista vs Randy Orton

OGWPOAT! (Oafs Greatest Wrestlemania Performer of all time!)

Shawn Michaels: 20
The Undertaker: 13
The Rock: 12
Kurt Angle: 11
Stone Cold Steve Austin 10
Triple H: 10
Hulk Hogan: 8
Edge: 8
Randy Savage: 7
Bret Hart: 7
Chris Benoit: 6
Chris Jericho: 6
Ultimate Warrior: 5
Ric Flair: 5
John Cena: 5
Randy Orton: 5
Mick Foley: 4
Vince Mcmahon: 4
Christian: 4
Matt Hardy: 4
Jeff Hardy: 4
CM Punk: 4
Shelton Benjamin: 3
Mr Kennedy: 3
Bubba Ray Dudley: 3
Devon Dudley: 3
Brock Lesnar: 2
Ricky Steamboat: 2
Owen Hart: 2
Razor Ramon: 2
Shane Mcmahon: 2
Eddie Guerrero: 2
Rey Mysterio: 2
Kane: 2
MVP: 2
Daniel Bryan: 2
Carlito: 2
John Morrison: 2
Batista: 2
Andre the Giant: 1
Ted Dibiase: 1
King Kong Bundy: 1
Roddy Piper: 1
The Big Show: 1
Trish Stratus: 1
Victoria: 1
Jazz: 1
Booker T/King Booker: 1
Finlay: 1
Bray Wyatt: 1

Smally

Reaction score
Supports
Everton
If I had the time, I'd love to review every ppv. But I can imagine that to take absolutely ages. Unfortunately I don't really have the time to watch wrestling anymore and don't have the network either.

Either way, I've loved reading through this and what you've been able to recover Oaf, well done :hail:

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
Cheers bud. Really am gutted about losing most of them though.

GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN.

(I'm not doing it all again. Fuck that)

NiallQuinnDiscoPants

Reaction score
Supports
Manchester City
Cheers bud. Really am gutted about losing most of them though.

GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN.

(I'm not doing it all again. Fuck that)

Hey Oaf how's this years Mania weekend plans coming along?

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
Very nicely, cheers. Got all of my flights and hotels booked now, but need to figure out the best way to get from San Francisco to Santa Clara and then get myself some transfers from airports and what not.

Did you get any Axxess tickets? I managed to pick 'em up for two sessions... but then realized that Axxess wasn't taking place in the Santa Clara Convention Center (right near Levi's stadium, not too far from my hotel) but the San Jose Convention Center (down near the SAP center where Raw is happening, pretty far from my hotel...) so now I'll possibly sell the tickets for one of those Axxess sessions. Otherwise it means getting all the way down there 3 times, twice for Axxess, once for Raw.

But yeah, it's all very exciting now. Only 48 days to go :eek: But of course I'll be gone a good couple days before that, so it's 43 days until my flight.

It's weird how it all went. The week after I got that ticket I was buzzing, non stop. I'd remember I have it every now and get that buzz, even though it just didn't seem real. I guess now the reality has settled in a little more. I dunno about you, but it's making watching the whole lead in to WM a heck of a lot more exciting than usual.

NiallQuinnDiscoPants

Reaction score
Supports
Manchester City
Very nicely, cheers. Got all of my flights and hotels booked now, but need to figure out the best way to get from San Francisco to Santa Clara and then get myself some transfers from airports and what not.

Did you get any Axxess tickets? I managed to pick 'em up for two sessions... but then realized that Axxess wasn't taking place in the Santa Clara Convention Center (right near Levi's stadium, not too far from my hotel) but the San Jose Convention Center (down near the SAP center where Raw is happening, pretty far from my hotel...) so now I'll possibly sell the tickets for one of those Axxess sessions. Otherwise it means getting all the way down there 3 times, twice for Axxess, once for Raw.

But yeah, it's all very exciting now. Only 48 days to go :eek: But of course I'll be gone a good couple days before that, so it's 43 days until my flight.

It's weird how it all went. The week after I got that ticket I was buzzing, non stop. I'd remember I have it every now and get that buzz, even though it just didn't seem real. I guess now the reality has settled in a little more. I dunno about you, but it's making watching the whole lead in to WM a heck of a lot more exciting than usual.

I still haven't got any Axxess tickets yet. The VIP ones flew off sale and I think are all sold out now, and just not got round to getting Axxess yet due to money. What session is it that you've bought for?

i've got mania, raw and hall of fame tickets. flights all sorted. just axxess and the rental car and we're all sorted. it's really tough to sort out individually, i know why people pay more money for these traveller bundles where it's all done for em. i'm looking into tickets for things like alcatraz too. hey, there's also a theme park in santa clara called 'california's great america', contemplating getting on a few of these so-called famous american rollercoasters. see how it goes.

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
Yeah, the VIP tickets seem to be as rare as rocking horse shit. My brother actually had the chance to buy some Dean Ambrose ones, but we turned it down... we never really intended on paying that much extra to see one extra guy, really. The session we're going to do is on the Saturday Night... during the Hall of Fame! Which may mean a couple people are missing, but fuck it, I'll imagine it'll have enough there to keep it interesting.

And yeah, it's been very different buying each part on their own. Alcatraz looks simple enough, you just get tickets for the boat over and that covers the price of admission too, which is cool. And for Californias Great Adventure... that's pretty much on my hotels doorstep! Very close. May check it out, but time in Santa Clara seems to be very packed with wrestling stuff... and I don't really want to spend too much more money than I already am spending! Most of the other spending I'll do will be in San Francisco/Vegas/LA.

NiallQuinnDiscoPants

Reaction score
Supports
Manchester City
Yeah, the VIP tickets seem to be as rare as rocking horse shit. My brother actually had the chance to buy some Dean Ambrose ones, but we turned it down... we never really intended on paying that much extra to see one extra guy, really. The session we're going to do is on the Saturday Night... during the Hall of Fame! Which may mean a couple people are missing, but fuck it, I'll imagine it'll have enough there to keep it interesting.

And yeah, it's been very different buying each part on their own. Alcatraz looks simple enough, you just get tickets for the boat over and that covers the price of admission too, which is cool. And for Californias Great Adventure... that's pretty much on my hotels doorstep! Very close. May check it out, but time in Santa Clara seems to be very packed with wrestling stuff... and I don't really want to spend too much more money than I already am spending! Most of the other spending I'll do will be in San Francisco/Vegas/LA.

which hotel you staying at? just because the Great America is on our doorstep as well!

yeah i was watching the Rumble and I caught a glimpse of the Wrestlemania 31 hype up video for the first time. That got me really excited. it's like frickin 6 weeks to Mania week. i've started to gradually get back into the product again after giving it a miss over the bad winter months, and if i'm hearing is true, Daniel Bryan is going to be in the main event of Mania, which is awesome.

also started taking orders for mates at work for t-shirts and programmes and shit like that. feel like one of those people who come back off their holidays with about 100 packs of fags from duty free!

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
Fuck me, I can't remember the name of the hotel right now... which is really bugging me :fl: Fuck. Total mind blank. I've got it somewhere in some email. ARGH. What's your hotel called? It may be the same one.

I wouldn't bet on Bryan being in the main event though, unless they make it a triple threat or fatal four way or something. I just can't see Reigns not being involved now... my money is still on a Reigns vs Lesnar 1 vs 1 match for now.

NiallQuinnDiscoPants

Reaction score
Supports
Manchester City
Fuck me, I can't remember the name of the hotel right now... which is really bugging me :fl: Fuck. Total mind blank. I've got it somewhere in some email. ARGH. What's your hotel called? It may be the same one.

I wouldn't bet on Bryan being in the main event though, unless they make it a triple threat or fatal four way or something. I just can't see Reigns not being involved now... my money is still on a Reigns vs Lesnar 1 vs 1 match for now.

im at the ramada, about 5 mins away from Great America. figured it's the best place to go for the mania weekend itself. don't wanna be struggling looking for a taxi with 70,000 other people after mania.

who you most looking forward to seeing who you haven't seen wrestle before? for me it's got to be lesnar. seen sting at a tna show in manchester before, and seen hhh and taker a few times on wwe tv shows in years gone by. never seen lesnar before so looking forward to that.

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
Ah, I seem to remember seeing that place when looking at hotels. And yeah, getting back from WM seems like a pain... I'm only about 30 mins walk away, so it's doable, I just don't want to end up getting lost!

As for who I want to see wrestle who I've not seen wrestle before... well, where to begin? The easiest way to explain it is that, actually, WM 31 will be my first WWE event ever... so yeah, that covers everybody as people I've never seen before! It's a heck of a jump to go from never having seen WWE live to Wrestlemania, but fuck it! I've always sort of had this idea that if I were to ever see WWE live I'd want my first time to be WM... no easing my way into it!

But I'm just excited to see most of them. Probably The Undertaker the most, mainly because I know that he hasn't got many fights left in him. I've always intended to getting to see a WWE show before Taker retires. But yeah, shit, I want to see them all. Lesnar, Triple H, Cena and all of the newer guys like Rollins and Ambrose. And yeah, even Reigns. And fuck it, I'm even looking forwards to seeing Sting even though I basically know fuck all about him... I know who he is still and how big a deal it is for him to be having a match in WWE. To be there and see it happen will still be pretty special. Would have been cool if they could have somehow worked The Rock in there, but I'm more than happy with what we're getting...

Next year though in Texas... a lot of talk of Takers last match (and Hall of Fame induction) and also one last match for a certain Texas Rattlesnake... not to mention being part of what will surely be WWE's all time attendance record. Gotta pay for this one first though...

NiallQuinnDiscoPants

Reaction score
Supports
Manchester City
yeah I would say Taker will get the HOF induction and his final match next year. It'll be a huge mania next year, could also see Austin in his final match as well. they'll do anything to try and break this 100,000 attendance record they're after.

i think there's one more huge name announced for HOF this year. only reason im thinking this is because they won't have sting and taker in the HOF at the same time next year. so i could possible see them announcing either Sting or even The Rock at this years HOF.

This Charming Mike

Reaction score
Supports
Strong Style
When one of you two is going to sneak me over the Atlantic in your suitcase then?

NiallQuinnDiscoPants

Reaction score
Supports
Manchester City
When one of you two is going to sneak me over the Atlantic in your suitcase then?
i have 10's of orders already from people at work asking me for t-shirts and foam fingers and figures and autographs for their kids (and probably themselves), so if you could tolerate 16 hours stuffed into a case with a Cena 'YOU CAN'T SEE ME' finger shoved in your face, as well as a Roman Reigns figure digging into your backside, then go ahead!

Scott Barton

Reaction score
Supports
Liverpool
Wrestlemania 2!
What the world has come to.

What a stupid tagline.

Something that needs to be mentioned before I even begin... what the hell is the deal with these women commentators?! WHY? They are just celebrities who probably couldn't even give a shite about wrestling. I mean, wrestling doesn't suit a womens voice... but when the woman doesn't even give a damn about wrestling, it makes it even more painful. I'm usually all for equal rights and such, but not here. Good GAWD. Anyway...

A very unique set up for this event... being held in 3 different venues. Each venue had 3 undercard matches, and one main event... so 12 matches in total. The show opened with a hilariously younger Vince Mcmahon greeting the crowd. Ha. Anyway, time for the first match...

"Mr Wondeful" Paul Orndorff vs "The magnificent" Don Muraco
What a change for Mr Wonderful. From the main event to the opener in one year. Of course, thats not really a bad thing, as the WM opener is generally seen as the match to set the tone for the rest of the show... so it has a lot riding on it. The match wasn't great... but was made worth it just to see Mr Fuji. That guy is hilarious. Not Iron Shiek hilarious, but great none-the-less.
Anyway, both men fought to the outside, kept fighting and both got counted out... which was pretty ghey. Funny how Orndorff finishes his match going crazy at the result again though. Overall though, not that great a start...

George "The animal" Steele vs Randy "Macho Man" Savage ©
Intercontinental Championship

My god what characters. Steele was simply unique, nothing more to say. Never seen anything like him... and how damn hairy is he?! Jeeeez. And Macho man, as proved by his pre match interview, is THE stereotypical "wrestler" type character. I mean, seriously, watch his interview. STEREOTYPE. Brilliant. But yeah, the match was ok, was made very entertaining by Steele's antics. Also, a kick out of Macho Mans elbow drop helped make this much better... I didn't see that coming. Savage grabbed the win by scoring a pin with his feet on the ropes. A very entertaining match overall though... even if that stupid women commentator (I've forgot here name. A "celebrity" that I've never heard of...) nearly ruined it. She was AWFUL. About 80% of the stuff coming out of her mouth was "UH OH!". SHUT. UP. And she was so far up the Animal's ass she was banging her head on his teeth.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs George Wells.

This one was a bit special for me. I had never heard of this other dude... but Jake the Snake is held in special regard by me. I went to watch a wrestling show about 8 years ago, back when I first got into wrestling... and before the show, I was just sat talking to my brother, when I noticed a large dude standing next to me. I turn to my left, and see Jake Roberts looking at me, who says "Keep an eye out, I'll be seeing you later kid" in a very suave kind of way, and then walks off to get ready for his match later... so then he has his match, and during it, the match goes outside of the ring, and he comes and sits next to me. As a 12 year old kid, that, for me, was a great moment... I didn't know much about this guy, other than the fact that he used to wrestle for the WWE, and once fought 'Taker at mania. But still, to see that guy live was pretty special... and since then, I've always had an admiration of the dude. He's the only actual "big time" wrestler I've ever seen in person...
Anyway, the match. Yeah, it was pretty much, Wells dominates, Roberts get in one move, his DDT, and wins it. I love how overpowered that move is, when it happens quite a bit in more modern wrestling... of course, Roberts then does his "snake" thing, and puts a python onto Wells. Get on Jakers. Legend.

New Yorks Main event: Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Mr. T
Boxing Match.
Seems a bit wierd that they'd have a boxing match at Wrestlemania, but meh. I'm up for something a bit different. Piper was actually pretty impressive I thought. Very agressive... perhaps too agressive. Anyway, Piper knocked down T first, and then as it went on, T knocked down Piper twice. In the 4th round, however, Piper pushed the ref away and gave Mr T a bodyslam... so was disqualified. Mr T wins. And also pity's the foo', who uses a wrestling move in a boxing match.

Fabulous Moolah © vs Velvet McIntyre
Womens championship
Can I get a S. K. I. P?

Corporal Kirchner vs Nikolai Volkoff

Flag Match
Sorry what? Flag match? USA vs Russia? During the cold war? Wow. I really can't be arsed to see a match in which they're not possibly going to let the USA lose, and then a 5 minutes USA bumming session. SKIP.

20 Man Battle Royal - NFL vs WWF
This more then makes up for those last two matches!!! Look at the people in it! I loved simply seeing Bruno Sammartino at WM1... but he was actually in this! As well as Pedro Morales, the second longest reigning champion of all time. And... Bret Hart?! I didn't even know he was in it in these days. This now becomes the first ever match I've seen start to finish with Bret Hart in it...
ohmy.gif
. Other greats included the Iron Shiek (YES!), Big John Studd and Tony Atlas.... I didn't really care about the NFL people... until I saw that "The refrigerator" was in it! I know jack shit about NFL, but even I know about the refrigerator!!! YEEEEAAAAH!!! And then last to come out... Andre the Giant. Which kind of ruined it, as I now knew who was going to win... I know all about Andre's legendary Battle Royal stats.
But yeah, what a star studded lineup. The battle gets underway... all of the NFL dudes go out pretty fast... apart from the refrigerator of course, who's too badass to go out as easy as the others. Anyway, long and short of it is that the last 3 are Andre (surprise surprise) and the Hart Foundations Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart. Its a bit of a two on 1, but Andre obviously ends up getting them both out. Andre wins! Who saw that coming?!
ohmy.gif

Illinois Main Event: The British Bulldogs (With Ozzy Osbourne at ringside... lolz) vs "Dream Team" Brutus Beefcake and Greg Valentine
©Tag Team Titles
The British bulldogs! Hell yeah! It was a pretty decent tag team match, which ended when Valentine banged heads with the Dynamite Kid, and Davey Boy pinned him for the win. British Bulldogs are the new tag team champions!!! YEEEEAH! Overall, this was pretty fan-bloody-tastic.

Ricky Steamboat vs Hercules Hernandez
I'm always up for seeing Steamboat, and as expected, he was great. The other dude... not so. Kind of managed to make Steamboat look worse as well. Fool. Hercules tried a flying body press, missed it... and then got met with one from the dragon, who grabbed the win. Good. That guy always deserves to win, he's freakin' awesome.

I'm trying to blank the next match out of my mind. It was wierd and disturbing. Lets never speak of it again. Next...

Terry and Hoss Funk vs Junk Yard Dog and Tito Santana

I struggled to really get into this one... I dunno. This was the 11th match of the night, and seeing just another tag match, which didn't seem to have any real purpose, seemed a bit pointless. Besides, if I want to see Terry Funk wrestle, I'll watch some of his crazy japanese hardcore stuff. The Funk's won, after using Jimmy Harts megaphone. Yays.

And now... its time for...THE MAIN EVENT!

Hulk Hogan © vs King Kong Bundy
Steel Cage match for the WWF Championship
F*** me, Hulkamania is simply incredible. Hogan enters, climbs the cage and tears his shirt off... its hair standing up on the back of your neck kind of stuff. This is Hulkamania at its finest. Awe inspiring. So yeah, its the exact formula I expected throughout the match... Bundy kicks ass, working on Hogans injured ribs a bit. Makes a few close calls to getting out of the door (well, he's hardly going to go over the top, is he?) but gets stopped everytime. Hogan then goes crazy for a bit, and starts smashing Bundy all over the cage, busting him open in the process. He then managed to come back, however, and he hit Hogan with an avalanche and big splash... and things began to look a bit grim for the Hulkster... but he still manages to stop him! Hogan then gets himself hit with another avalanche... but begins to hulk up! Only Hogan can get away with totally not selling a move! He manages to scoopslam Bundy and then hit him with his leg drop... and climb out for the win. Hogan retains! Bundy... fades into oblivion... Again, the immense force that is Hulkamania manages to impress me, with Hogans celebrations at the end.

So overall, again, I liked it. Had some great matches, the best for me being The Intercontinental title fight, the Tag team title fight, The Battle Royal and the Cage Match. Looking back... I think I was a bit generous to WM1 for giving it a 6, it probably deserved about a 5... I just assumed it was the best it got at this time. This, however, proved that it could be better, and I'll give about a 7. Its dragged down by a few too many matches... and the woman commentators. In fact, due to them, I'm only going to give it a 6. They were AWFUL.
I'd kind of recommend this for wrestling fans... theres plenty to see. If you can only see one thing though, make sure its the main event, if only to see how great Hogan was back in his day.

You probably should of saved time and just watched the British Bulldogs vs. Beefcake and Valentine, the only thing at Wrestlemania 2 worth watching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!