The PPV Discussion Thread

Saddlerrad

Reaction score
Supports
Walsall
So Fastlane this evening, not really arsed by it but there could be a couple of good matches. The main event should be quite good and then seeing HHH/Sting face off could be good. Would be nice if they HHH beat down Sting so he feels the only way he can face HHH at WM is if he's the old Sting...IE Crow sting...with that WCW entrance and aura. Otherwise, it's likely to be filler setting up for WM.

Least it's free on Sky Sports - people going to watch?

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
Shola Ameobi's Notts County
Isn't this going to be the last free Sky PPV?

Not sure I'll stay up, not expecting anything special other than continuation of feuds for WM.

Leewilson

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham and Redbridge
I reckon it'll be a solid PPV. Will record it and watch it when home from work tomorrow.

Hope Goldust/Stardust is decent and takes us through to Mania. I reckon the tag team titles match could be pretty awesome if given a bit of time to shine. A real opportunity for Kidd and Cesaro to show their talents.

Bryan/Reigns has intrigue around it. IC title will be a solid match I imagine. Six man tag could be good if Ziggler/Rollins are given the majority of the time.

Then the HHH/Sting staredown. Makings of a good PPV.

Eamonn

Reaction score
Supports
Man United
Pretty good card, looking forward to it, all have the potential to deliver. Bryan/Reigns is the interesting one, will we get a double or screwy finish leading to a triple threat, will Reigns be made to look strong going over Bryan, will Sheamus screw over Bryan? I think the only result guaranteed to not happen is a clean Bryan win so intrigued.

TheMinsterman

Reaction score
Supports
York City & Italy
Looks like a reasonably decent card, looking forward to Bryan v Reigns, will give my thoughts after work tomorrow when I get to watch it.

ForeverUnited

Reaction score
Supports
Hereford (United) FC
Bad News Barrett vs Ambrose - IC Title
Usos vs Tyson Kidd and Cesaro - Tag titles
Goldust vs Stardust
Ziggler, Rowan and Ryback vs Rollins, Show and Kane
Nikki Bella vs Paige - Divas title
Rusev vs Cena - US title
Reigns vs Bryan - Winner goes to WM

Really hope Rusev goes over Cena, however I am expecting a DQ so it will go to 'Mania.

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
Pretty good card, looking forward to it, all have the potential to deliver. Bryan/Reigns is the interesting one, will we get a double or screwy finish leading to a triple threat, will Reigns be made to look strong going over Bryan, will Sheamus screw over Bryan? I think the only result guaranteed to not happen is a clean Bryan win so intrigued.

I actually think a Reigns clean win is the only thing I couldn't see happening. My prediction is that there will be some kind of screwy finish. Something will happen where somebody will win indecisively or it'll be a draw... I can only really see both of them going to WM.

But I could half see a Bryan clean win... if to either A) just lead to Bryan vs Lesnar at WM or to B) Have Reigns become an absolutely bitch about how the chance was robbed from him and see him turn heel and work his way back into the match for a triple threat.

As for a Reigns clean win... you could half imagine WWE thinking "if he beats Bryan, then he'll look ready to main event WM to all of the people booing him!"... but if he beats Bryan cleanly, that'll obviously just lead to more boo's in reality.

They've gotta be so careful with how they go about this now. Tonight could pretty much decide how much of a farce the WM main event is...

Christian Slater

Reaction score
Supports
Mino Raiola & Jorge Mendes
Don't think they can go with a screwy finish in the main event if they want Reigns to win, it'll just cause more headaches. They should go with a screwy finish if Bryan wins. I think it'll be Reigns though, and that's fine.

White Army

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Everybody onto the Grimsby fan at ringside?

Saddlerrad

Reaction score
Supports
Walsall
They need to sort Stings hair out man. He looks half as threatening with old man hair. I wish he'd bend here 10 years ago. :(

Great segment though. Could be a great match if it's on the correct terms. Was it me or did H's right hand look really hard? Legit screamed for when the bat appeared.

Last edited:

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
two botched finishes already tonight then. Great PPV. I was just thinking how improved the Bellas are and then Nikki can't even grab the tights properly.

Can't wait to not get excited about a mediocre match between Sting and HHH at WM. That should be a terrible one-paced piece of crap and probably no clean finish. The way WM is shaping up at the moment...I'm not impressed.

Last edited:

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
Not one finish on this show yet.

UNDERTAKER WAHHHHH!!!!! Oaf's getting his wish, I'm in tears here, our Oaf is going to see Taker's last WM match.

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
:fl::fl::fl::fl:

It's Bray Wyatt. Guessing this confirms he'll have a feud with Taker though. Wyatt/Taker at WM.

Saddlerrad

Reaction score
Supports
Walsall
Sting vs HHH will be fine providing it's a street fight. Wyatt sucks and a Takers done though. Duno why WWE have such a hard on over Wyatt.

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
punch punch kick kick punch kick punch kick kick punch

Meh.

Bad PPV, lots of rreeeeallllyyyyy bad finishes. To be expected I suppose.

NiallQuinnDiscoPants

Reaction score
Supports
Manchester City
what? bad PPV?

i actually really enjoyed it. i'm not one to usually stick up for stuff that's shit, but man i really liked that show. the only match i've not seen yet is Cena v Rusev, but everything else I thought was entertaining enough.

The stardust stuff for me was moved on 100% at the PPV. superb promo to end the segment by cody. the idea of him becoming his alter ego is really clever.

orton returns to a good reaction, setting up what will be an awesome rollins v orton match at mania.

im disappointed that reigns won, but that was a fuckin fantastic wrestling match between reigns and bryan. Reigns now has more momentum going into mania than he had with that terrible rumble win.

new tag champs, cesaro & kidd. well deserved.

and yeah i'm pretty chuffed im seeing taker's last (probably) mania match in 4 weeks. it won't be up to much quality wise, but that experience will be sweeeet

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Do you think it'll be his last?

Just I expected in my own view his last match to A: be the ME, and B: have afew months of build.

A half-bothered last minute rush-job with a midcarder just doesn't seem to be Takers last match.....or has he confirmed it will be?

mase

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
I've just got to the Sting HHH meeting and it's been ok so far. Orton returning is good, new tag champs in a good match. I didn't really enjoy the Gold and Stardust match but it's good progression. Looking forward to Sting - HHH at Mania. All been OK so far.

NiallQuinnDiscoPants

Reaction score
Supports
Manchester City
I'm taking this stance probably because Mania 32 is perfect for him going into the Hall of Fame with it being in Texas.

There may be another Taker match next year as well? Probably the dream match (from 1997) with Sting

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
i dont think Sting will be in WWE next year.

I've just had the feeling Sting isn't that bothered about being in WWE, but its moreso to have closed another chapter in his career so he never had a 'what if' scenario and so he can get a Mania moment before he retired.

I can see Sting moreso being the type to help around the smaller indie feds when he retires in backstage capacities, his interest always seemed to be trying to build another company than being in WWe and I think only reason he's in it now was TNa had frankly used him all the could and had little else role, plus masses of cutbacks so the timing was right.

In a way I'd rather Stings mania had been with either A: Taker, B: The Rock or C: Stone Cold because that would have made more sense......the face of WCW History vs one of the main 3 Faces of WWE, it would have been the exact opposite of when WCW did Flair Vs Hogan, but if none are available I think HHH is the next best thing, both are extremely good on the mic so you could see some superb stuff on Raw/Smackdown over the next few weeks in build and WWE are masters of the art when it comes to covering limited abilities in ring as they deliver good storyline matches.

and since Sting will grab full on old legend cheers at Mania it means HHH can really go full on heel in this build and very old school heel also. People say that Sting wont get the cheers at mania, but a lot of the mania crowd will be people in 30-50 age range, not a lot of kids/youth so these will be people who grew up on your Stings.

but they need a lot of build for this mania at present it seems to just lack any spark at all, it doesn't have a Mania feel to it, the ME is hated before it begins and your undercard hasn't yet a classic people really wish to see, plus the name match (which is Sting Vs HHH) while containing the names loses some appeal as its about 4th-5th choice wanted match.

Christian Slater

Reaction score
Supports
That was like someone hinting you're getting something you don't want for Christmas, and hoping it's a bluff for a nice surprise, only to end up getting the thing you didn't want and were also expecting.

I am not interested in one match for 'Mania.

NiallQuinnDiscoPants

Reaction score
Supports
Manchester City
That was like someone hinting you're getting something you don't want for Christmas, and hoping it's a bluff for a nice surprise, only to end up getting the thing you didn't want and were also expecting.

I am not interested in one match for 'Mania.

not Rollins v Orton? That's got a good chance to steal the show. Orton is still really good in the ring when he's motivated, and Rollins is just absolutely fantastic right now.

Christian Slater

Reaction score
Supports
not Rollins v Orton? That's got a good chance to steal the show. Orton is still really good in the ring when he's motivated, and Rollins is just absolutely fantastic right now.

Probably be a good match but Orton really doesn't matter and hasn't in a long time. Bit Like Punk vs Orton at WM 27, it'll be a good wrestling match but it'll mean very little.

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
I actually think a Reigns clean win is the only thing I couldn't see happening

So much for that, then... :gmc: :fl:

I'm actually surprised by this thread this morning. All in all, I didn't think it was all that great. And to be honest, the one reason for that is probably the absolutely shocking crowd.

I guess it wasn't terrible. Only the 3 on 3 tag match was really dull, but what else can you expect from a match with Big Show, Kane and Rowan taking up a lot of the air time. I did quite enjoy Rusev/Cena (absolutely the right result in that match) and Reigns/Bryan though. It was actually really good for Reigns... shows that he is actually capable of having a very good main event one on one. But of course, most people can have a great match with Bryan...

Highlight of the show, though? That Stardust promo after his match. Oh my lord. When that guy really gets going, he is absolutely as good a speaker as anybody who ever did it in pro wrestling.

So onto WM then... pretty much confirmed we have:

Reigns vs Lesnar - Ok, so Reigns has convinced me a little after that main event. And Lesnar is just awesome to watch right now. This can be good. And with Heyman leading the build up, I'm sure he'll help us buy into it over the coming weeks.

Sting vs Triple H - Bloody hell, I didn't actually know how old Sting was. Just looked it up... he's 55! We all go on about how "old" Taker is and how past it he is... Sting is 6 years older! Plus he's hardly had the one match a year schedule Taker got. But fuck it. Triple H got two great matches out of a supposedly "too old" Undertaker... he is probably capable of doing the same with Sting.

Bray vs The Undertaker - Probably won't be a great match in a technical sense, but it can still be a superb spectacle in a storyline sense. This does have a lot of potential... will it live up to it?

So of those three big main event matches, they all seem to be living on a knife edge. There is equal chance of them all either being absolutely horrific, or potentially pretty great matches if they're done right.

Then we have what looks like will be the Fastlane rematches... which is odd, because WM has NEVER been a ground for rematches from the PPV before, usually. But then again, in the last couple of years we've had plenty of matches that have been good at WM, but then great at Extreme Rules... perhaps they're just trying to work on the logic that matches are better the second time around? :fl:

Ambrose vs BNB - looks like unfinished business. Seems kind of a waste of Ambrose to me, he ought to be aiming higher than BNB for the biggest show of the year. But fuck it. I guess him winning the IC title won't be all bad. Perhaps he can even bring life back to the title.

Rusev vs Cena - They had a pretty great match last night, so I'm ok seeing this again. Though after the "submission" victory, this is all but nailed down for a submission match... which, of course, Cena cannot lose because he never gives up (tm). But then again... if he were to pass out again like last night, I guess that would count. But fuck it. Nah. Rusev was always going to have his first loss at WM, surely?

Goldust vs Stardust again? Perhaps.

Usos vs Tyson and Cesaro? Seems like pre show fodder if it were to happen. I kind of hope that a couple of other teams will get involved as well... as well as tables, ladders and chairs... it's always been my dream to see TLC return to a WM tag title fight. MAKE IT HAPPEN! Get the dudleys in there with these two teams and it's sorted...

Then the others...

Orton vs Rollins - Probably the main pick for match of the night. Orton can be superb, Rollins has been the best thing about WWE for months. Throw in the fact that it's actually got a lot going for it in terms of having a pretty long term story, and this is going to be awesome.

Miz vs Mizdow - Surely has to happen. Mizdow is over as fuck, get him on the card.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Oaf you have forgotten somehow big show Vs Kane :dk:

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
Don't even joke about that Dave.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
I know they are old and past it but do you surely not want to at least see both at Mania??

I sort've like to have ticked off the names I've seen, even though Hogan was finished when I seen him like and Foley was just a run-in I found it nice to see 2 people live I'd watched for years.

Christian Slater

Reaction score
Supports
So much for that, then.yes. m actually surprised by this thread this morning. All in all, I didn't think it was all that becaust. And to be honest, the one reason for that is probably the absolutely shocking crowd.

I guess it wasn't terrible. Only the 3 on 3 tag match was really dull, but what else can you expect from a match with Big Show, Kane and Rowan taking up a lot of the air time. I did quite enjoy Rusev/Cena (absolutely the right result in that match) and Reigns/Bryan though. It was actually really good for Reigns... shows that he is actually capable of having a very good main event one on one. But of course, most people can have a great match with Bryan...

Highlight of the show, though? That Stardust promo after his match. Oh my lord. When that guy really gets going, he is absolutely as good a speaker as anybody who ever did it in pro wrestling.

So onto WM then... pretty much confirmed we have:

Reigns vs Lesnar - Ok, so Reigns has convinced me a little after that main event. And Lesnar is just awesome to watch right now. This can be good. And with Heyman leading the build up, I'm sure he'll help us buy into it over the coming weeks.

Sting vs Triple H - Bloody hell, I didn't actually know how old Sting was. Just looked it up... he's 55! We all go on about how "old" Taker is and how past it he is... Sting is 6 years older! Plus he's hardly had the one match a year schedule Taker got. But fuck it. Triple H got two great matches out of a supposedly "too old" Undertaker... he is probably capable of doing the same with Sting.

Bray vs The Undertaker - Probably won't be a great match in a technical sense, but it can still be a superb spectacle in a storyline sense. This does have a lot of potential... will it live up to it?

So of those three big main event matches, they all seem to be living on a knife edge. There is equal chance of them all either being absolutely horrific, or potentially pretty great matches if they're done right.

Then we have what looks like will be the Fastlane rematches... which is odd, because WM has NEVER been a ground for rematches from the PPV before, usually. But then again, in the last couple of years we've had plenty of matches that have been good at WM, but then great at Extreme Rules... perhaps they're just trying to work on the logic that matches are better the second time around? :fl:

Ambrose vs BNB - looks like unfinished business. Seems kind of a waste of Ambrose to me, he ought to be aiming higher than BNB for the biggest show of the year. But fuck it. I guess him winning the IC title won't be all bad. Perhaps he can even bring life back to the title.

Rusev vs Cena - They had a pretty great match last night, so I'm ok seeing this again. Though after the "submission" victory, this is all but nailed down for a submission match... which, of course, Cena cannot lose because he never gives up (tm). But then again... if he were to pass out again like last night, I guess that would count. But fuck it. Nah. Rusev was always going to have his first loss at WM, surely?

Goldust vs Stardust again? Perhaps.

Usos vs Tyson and Cesaro? Seems like pre show fodder if it were to happen. I kind of hope that a couple of other teams will get involved as well... as well as tables, ladders and chairs... it's always been my dream to see TLC return to a WM tag title fight. MAKE IT HAPPEN! Get the dudleys in there with these two teams and it's sorted...

Then the others...

Orton vs Rollins - Probably the main pick for match of the night. Orton can be superb, Rollins has been the best thing about WWE for months. Throw in the fact that it's actually got a lot going for it in terms of having a pretty long term story, and this is going to be awesome.

Miz vs Mizdow - Surely has to happen. Mizdow is over as fuck, get him on the card.

Reigns was carried by Bryan, he was completely gassed after 5 minutes. He also somehow made a powerbomb from the top rope look lame. The match was good because an in ring general, a veteran, held his hand throughout. If you're getting your hopes up for Lesnar/Reigns because of that you're going to be disappointed, neither of those guys can call a match.

Wrestlemania will be Reigns' third singles match on PPV.

Oaf

Maharajah
Reaction score
Supports
PLIMUFF
If I'm honest, I've always said that I'd like the see The Big Show. Though that's more just to see a man who is that massive in person. In an ideal world, I'd just see both of them at Axxess without having to sit through one of their matches at WM. That's the dream.

But like I said before... I guess if I'm at WM for several hours, I'll need some time for a toilet break...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshsuwus
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!