The weekend games of Saturday 14th Nov 2020!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We can't penetrate or create chances? We scored four goals against you in thirty minutes of football, despite you camping your whole team in your own half.

There is lots of invention and creativity in our squad with Blackett Taylor, Feeney, Lloyd, Morris, Kahn among others.

Against ten men! I’m talking 11 v 11 (apparently you’ve not scored in a high number of games this season) and have scored 7 goals against 11 men in 11.5 games.

Last edited:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Typical Port Vale. At half time being 2-0 up I thought we would of cruised to victory.

The sending off obviously changed the game but fair play to Tranmere, they still scored 4 goals (and had one disallowed) in that second half which is no mean feat. Joyce let us down badly, silly challenge which is asking for trouble.

However, we shouldn’t be throwing away a 2 goal lead and then concede 2 goals in additional time. We do seem to panic a lot and end up retreating which is a worry.

It’s a shame because we could quite easily be sitting in joint 3rd now and with a game in hand.

I believe we are a good team still, we just need to dust ourselves down and go again. It was one of those crazy games which we unfortunately on the wrong end of.

At 2-0 it didn’t have to end for us but we just panicked and then Askey made strange subs or none in key areas. Rodney I get but then to put Manny up front, Rodney out wide who was causing problems and scored and no time wasting final sub with Brisley lobbed on to see out the lead in injury time. We ended up with a midfielder up front, striker on the wing adding to a centre half already at left back. I don’t feel we parked the bus enough late on either, should of taken a point but Think their forth came from us trying to win it sending everyone up for the free kick. Not enough bodies in the way to stop a shot from there when there should of been.

We beat Northampton from behind with ten men and of course the EFL saving winner against Chesterfield from Whitfield but the game management fell apart yesterday. We’d done the hard work then getting back ahead and to injury time relatively well, at 3-2 they didn’t seem to threaten as much until that point and their heads seemed to drop but defensive error from Smith 3-3 and games gone.

Not understanding the Askey out demands though from our fans again.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We didn’t park the bus against you, maybe morecambe did but we definitely didn’t. We are absolutely shite when we sit back and play deep. I think we’d have likely lost that match had we done that. Just doesn’t suit our players at all, we ain’t street wise enough to do that.

No you didn’t that was Askeys weird 4-4-2 and dropping Joyce because we’d dicked an awful Wigan a few days before!

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Salford squad is over rated by some.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Now i have no time for those plastic mancs down the road, but how are you a better run club than Salford ??
The main owner of Salford proberbly earns more interest in a day than it costs to run Salford in a season
The other 6 owners are in for free publicity nothing more, just to satisfy there egos.
Tranmere are spending way above what they are bringing in. Tranmere outgoings are more than there incomings......
Being able to get your cheque book out to compensate for your previous poor decisions does not mean you are well run.
A well run club makes the most of meagre resources and doesn't sack staff every other week

Reactions: Boz

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
Not related to the weekend matches but did anyone see on sky news dale vince is growing his own diamonds in stroud fake food and fake jewellery its looking grim

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Not related to the weekend matches but did anyone see on sky news dale vince is growing his own diamonds in stroud fake food and fake jewellery its looking grim
Check out the reason for his investment in creating man made diamonds and you will be in full admiration of the guy.
Diamond mining is very unvironmental and he should be congratulated for offering the world an alternative.

T.A

Reaction score
Supports
Berry
Salfords best players are due to receive their pensions soon arent they? That lad they have up front hasnt scored a goal yet... Wellens doesnt strike me as much of an upgrade on Alexander either.

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
Check out the reason for his investment in creating man made diamonds and you will be in full admiration of the guy.
Diamond mining is very unvironmental and he should be congratulated for offering the world an alternative.

Hey i am full of admiration for him ,fair play if he can make money out of thin air ,literally but i watched stags yesterday at the innocence new lawn and your star performer was a man with a rag wiping the camera lens

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Salfords best players are due to receive their pensions soon arent they? That lad they have up front hasnt scored a goal yet... Wellens doesnt strike me as much of an upgrade on Alexander either.
That Jordon Turnbull we offered him a good contract in the summer......Saved us a two year contract and he repaid us with a winning goal......knew the was a reason why he went to Salford

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Against ten men! I’m talking 11 v 11 (apparently you’ve not scored in a high number of games this season) and have scored 7 goals against 11 men in 11.5 games.

I’ve watched a lot of games that the team going down to 10 men became harder to break down.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__

Me neither to be honest, Alexander is actually alright too, his record is decent.

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
Wow, weird post from a weird person.

Ok, 1- I don’t have any kids although not sure what that has to do with anything.

2- I probably show interest in the Crewe thing for two reasons. It’s just down the road and I know people who I went to school with who have gone through the academy and have personal stories shall we say.

3- the main perpetrator may be in jail but all those who facilitated his crimes are not and the majority are still in positions of power at the club. The club has never apologised or accepted any responsibility and the majority of supporters seem to have this bizarre ‘head in sand’ attitude. Gradi of course was suspended for over 2 years and then unceremoniously ushered into retirement with the minimum of fanfare. An odd move for the most successful manager in their history.

Personal stories? Would be helpful if you posted them here or at least reported them to the police.

But then again, you’re just a typical Vale fan talking out of your arse because you’re jealous of the Alexandra. You’ll be on your deathbed saying “has Dario been locked up for nothing yet? What about the official police investigation that’s found nothing? Have they been locked up yet?” *beep beep beep*

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Now i have no time for those plastic mancs down the road, but how are you a better run club than Salford ??
The main owner of Salford proberbly earns more interest in a day than it costs to run Salford in a season
The other 6 owners are in for free publicity nothing more, just to satisfy there egos.
Tranmere are spending way above what they are bringing in. Tranmere outgoings are more than there incomings......
Anybody who supports a club that manages to rack up losses of £185,000,000 in less than 20 years needs to check on the stability of their glasshouse.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I’ve watched a lot of games that the team going down to 10 men became harder to break down.
All of us TRFC supporters have watched a team win with 10 men from the 1st minute.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
All of us TRFC supporters have watched a team win with 10 men from the 1st minute.

We’ve lost against 10 men enough times as well! We always joke about it.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Personal stories? Would be helpful if you posted them here or at least reported them to the police.

But then again, you’re just a typical Vale fan talking out of your arse because you’re jealous of the Alexandra. You’ll be on your deathbed saying “has Dario been locked up for nothing yet? What about the official police investigation that’s found nothing? Have they been locked up yet?” *beep beep beep*

Jealous but your the one who is obsessed with us that your first thought after a good result for Crewe is to post on the Vale.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

Name me a club in the EFL whose outgoings aren’t more than their incomings? In fact, we have far more money incoming than you thanks to the cups and TV money and even more if we get past Brackley in Round 2.

So on that note, want us to send a fiver in the post for your leccy?

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
i listened to the Tranmere commentary as I couldn't stand the idea of Blakemen + Sproey.

It was interesting to see as their view - which was that tranmere were well on top at 0-0 and even 1-0. I think they based all of that on the long range shot that hit the bar though as I'd said to a friend at the time that this is a terrible game and there's nothing between the sides.

Our Pen was a bit fortunate to say the least, I would have been fuming if that was given against us - Their player turns out of the way after getting megged and conlon just dangled his leg out as he went past. Not a dive but not really a foul either. One of the ones you see Vardy trying to win every week.

That then caused the Tranmere commentators to start questioning the referee even though he'd pretty much gave every decision he could have given for 90 minutes straight. Including a couple of freekicks which were bought by Tranmere exactly as our penalty had been.

The red was slightly harsh - it was studs up but he actually had backed out of the challenge and had bent his knee right up to his chest - there was no way it was ever risking serious injury and so I'll put it down as one of those yellow and a half tackles. You can't really complain too much if there is a red and there certainly won't be any successful appeal.

The Tranmere penalty I'm far from convinced. I do think there's more than an element of the ref trying to even up the penalty scores. Legge wins the ball. Their player kicks Legge's foot. It's a foul to Port Vale really, worst case scenario should be a corner.

And 6 minutes injury time?!?! Appalling really. Notice he didn't add much on for the 2 goals Tranmere scored in Extra time, so how that can be justified I do not know.

as for the actual game, our defending was pathetic. I don't know why we collapse whenever we get a red card. You could just see what would happen. If you are going to put all 9 outfielders behind the ball then at least don't leave people unmarked at the back stick or let people have all the time in the world to shoot from 25 yards. We're only missing one player and that was only for 40 minutes for christ sake. I will never understand why red cards are so fatal to Port Vale yet we also seem to struggle against teams who go down to 10.
What on earth was Pope doing when he flung himself to the floor in the leadup to a goal? You'd won the ball you idiot just smash it into the stand!

all in all, we should have won the game from the position we were in. 2-0 up, even down to 10, a competent defence against that Tranmere team (not being funny there, I just didn't think we were playing the peak barcelona that has been touted on the Tranmere commentary). Had we not collapsed back to our own area and actually tried to play our own game still then I think we'd have held on. I also think when we went 3-2 up it looked game set and match until the bad defensive mistake for the equaliser.

All in all, a terrible terrible result and one I'm happy to forget about as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV

I cannot stress enough how much of a death sentence a red card is for us. Unless we're 3-0 up with 5 minutes to play.

We didn't collapse back into our own box like Saturday when we played away at Man City. i don't know why but we get a red card and we start thinking that our only chance is everyone behind the ball. Our full backs become centre backs, our wingers become full backs and then we end up with attacking players trying to defend and just getting mugged off. The worst part is they swing a cross in and it ends up with a completely unmarked player at the back post!

It's so infuriating because as you say, whenever we play against a team down to 10 - it seems that much harder.

Last edited:

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Anybody who supports a club that manages to rack up losses of £185,000,000 in less than 20 years needs to check on the stability of their glasshouse.
This is where you talk absolute Bollocks !!
Tell me who was our owner.....and tell me who was owed 185m????

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I cannot stress enough how much of a death sentence a red card is for us. Unless we're 3-0 up with 5 minutes to play.

We didn't collapse back into our own box like Saturday when we played away at Man City. i don't know why but we get a red card and we start thinking that our only chance is everyone behind the ball. Our full backs become centre backs, our wingers become full backs and then we end up with attacking players trying to defend and just getting mugged off. The worst part is they swing a cross in and it ends up with a completely unmarked player at the back post!

It's so infuriating because as you say, whenever we play against a team down to 10 - it seems that much harder.

We beat Chesterfield and Northampton with 10 men so have done it before in recent years, Northampton we were actually losing when Legge saw red!

Northampton just launch long balls though so easier to defend against I guess when sat back.

One of those games but we have a chance to put it right tomorrow, had we held on we’d go top tomorrow with a win but still a chance to beat Scunthorpe and set a huge game at Newport on Saturday where we could overhaul them.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Name me a club in the EFL whose outgoings aren’t more than their incomings? In fact, we have far more money incoming than you thanks to the cups and TV money and even more if we get past Brackley in Round 2.

So on that note, want us to send a fiver in the post for your leccy?
Did not take long for the bin dippers to start sprouting Bollox..Its a pandemic all clubs are effected
Our turnover is proberbly 4 times that of Tranmere,yet we currently have roughly the same outgoings.
Your tv money again will be about 25% of what we received from sky on Friday night.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Hey i am full of admiration for him ,fair play if he can make money out of thin air ,literally but i watched stags yesterday at the innocence new lawn and your star performer was a man with a rag wiping the camera lens

Wish he hadn't wiped it tbh.

Thought you looked a decent side though, especially first half. A lot sharper then us, well organised and clinical when we fucked up. .

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Did not take long for the bin dippers to start sprouting Bollox..Its a pandemic all clubs are effected
Our turnover is proberbly 4 times that of Tranmere,yet we currently have roughly the same outgoings.
Your tv money again will be about 25% of what we received from sky on Friday night.

You said we’re spending far more than what we’re bringing in, I say “name me a club who isn’t in that situation at the moment” and you go “well it’s a pandemic so it’s the same for everyone”. You’re of the opinion that we’re operating at a ridiculous loss in comparison to other league two clubs which just isn’t the case. And however many times any Tranmere fan (who knows more about our club than you) says we’re financially sound, you just keep on saying “you’re wrong... Tranmere are incredible spenders and there is no way they can sustain it”.

We’re not making shed loads of cash at the moment and will be operating at a loss that’s for certain but every league club is in the exact same way. What we are, however, is a club that will be financially stable throughout this pandemic and not be one of those clubs that are struggling to meet wages at the end of each month.

So you can call us “bin dippers” all you want but think you’ll find come the end of the pandemic, these “bin dippers” will come out of it relatively strong in comparison to a large amount of clubs. Just need to quietly keep turning these results around and moving on up the league table now.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

Its a strange situation because i have seen us lose against 10 men a few times. In 1989 we went down to 9 v Torquay and won but have struggled to score against 9 ourselves. Football is daft and thats its appeal.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Rob Shep started yet another attack on Bolton with his fantasy bollocks comments
Then you as the sheep followed him. No club are bringing more in today than they are spending, but teams like Salford have owners who are making hell of lot more money than it is costing them to run the club.
I have no clue if Tranmere are financially prudent or not......I am just replying to comments Tranmere fans are putting out on here about what Bolton are spending nothing more.....just admit like me you have no clue on other clubs finances

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
This is where you talk absolute Bollocks !!
Tell me who was our owner.....and tell me who was owed 185m????
It doesnt matter who owned your club. What matters is the fact that you had debts of £150m and £35m. Wether or not the debts were written off or paid off doesnt matter. What matters is that they existed. You live in a glasshouse. Put down your stones.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
You said we’re spending far more than what we’re bringing in, I say “name me a club who isn’t in that situation at the moment” and you go “well it’s a pandemic so it’s the same for everyone”. You’re of the opinion that we’re operating at a ridiculous loss in comparison to other league two clubs which just isn’t the case. And however many times any Tranmere fan (who knows more about our club than you) says we’re financially sound, you just keep on saying “you’re wrong... Tranmere are incredible spenders and there is no way they can sustain it”.

We’re not making shed loads of cash at the moment and will be operating at a loss that’s for certain but every league club is in the exact same way. What we are, however, is a club that will be financially stable throughout this pandemic and not be one of those clubs that are struggling to meet wages at the end of each month.

So you can call us “bin dippers” all you want but think you’ll find come the end of the pandemic, these “bin dippers” will come out of it relatively strong in comparison to a large amount of clubs. Just need to quietly keep turning these results around and moving on up the league table now.
Its like arguing with a David Icke inspired anti-masker. Logic doesnt matter, only the fact that they are right and you know less than them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!