Tue 11th & Sat 15th Jan

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I know we all take the piss out of refereeing standards at this level, but you have to take your hat off the the officiating team for getting that right.

Can’t have been easy

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
I think 2-0 could be classed as fair but also harsh on a decent walsall side.

Hayden white proved to mansfield fans how daft it was to let him go under coughlan, was interesting just how different it was from when we lost 3-0 there earlier in the season.
Where you already in the pub when Danny Johnson scored at Walsall.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Keith Hill sounds utterly defeated in his interview after the game today. Talked about how we've missed out on a lot of our targets due to our financial constraints the other day and I think he's resigned to relegation now.

Wouldn't be shocked if he walked and don't blame him, a miracle worker wouldn't be able to turn our current squad into a League 2 football team. He's got them working hard but the quality simply isn't there and never will be.

The sad thing is you’ve been on a downward trajectory to where you are now for several seasons., where you are now is a surprise to no-one, been there done that and gone down, by god it’s wank.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
I know we all take the piss out of refereeing standards at this level, but you have to take your hat off the the officiating team for getting that right.

Can’t have been easy

Yeah absolutely agree. They took there time and made the right call, fair play.

Reactions: Soz

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
Port Vale manager whatever his name is in the post match interview is hilarious.

“Damp squid” on mulitiple occasions, it’s squib you dick.

“Shithouse decision” describing his own keepers antics (wow what a cool guy saying swear words in official public appearances, so passionate!), good Lord, what a thick fraud of a man, unlike Artell. Spend all the money you want Carol/Vale/Flitcroft, you won’t be joining us in league 1 next season.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Port Vale manager whatever his name is in the post match interview is hilarious.

“Shithouse decision” describing his own keepers antics (wow what a cool guy saying swear words in official public appearances, so passionate!), good Lord, what a thick fraud of a man, unlike Artell. Spend all the money you want Carol/Vale/Flitcroft, you won’t be joining us in league 1 next season.
Rent free.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City

Hello troll.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon

Ain’t that the truth. You’ll be in L2!

Uncle Pastuzo

Reaction score
Supports
Newport
Expected a battle but it was a nice routine win. They had a bad day and we filled our boots. Harrogate were poor in the same way we've been in a couple of long-distance away games, second best all over the field except for their new signing Diarra and taking him off amounted to throwing in the towel. The keeper was a liability.

Liked both our new players, Waite who got half an hour is lightweight but wiry and Pask adds pace at the back. Next week looks like a real banana skin.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Ain’t that the truth. You’ll be in L2!
Haha it’s took him longer this season than Michael Buble and Mariah Carey to come out their box.

I guess DC should have asked super “I don’t sound dim at all” Artell on the best methods to beat Swindon at home… they must have absolutely battered you?

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
It was very odd. It was a simple catch for Covolan and McKirdy made a token gesture but Covolan extended his leg and caught McKirdy in the chest as you saw. I don't think the ref saw what had happened and so went over to chat to the lino who clearly saw the incident. After the chat and Covolan had finished getting 'treatment' he got the red card.
Found it odd the commentators on that video were saying McKirdy could be off as it looked clear as day on the footage. The only thing that might have made it look the other way is McKirdy's reaction looked like one of someone who is about to be sent off.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Yeah absolutely agree. They took there time and made the right call, fair play.
agreed, i felt immediately after the game that he had been poor (despite him getting the red right). mainly i felt there were a few dives that went unpunished, especially williams who was way over the line when it comes to dark arts. but having calmed down a bit i would say i think the ref did have a good game really and that was quite impressive to send the home keeper off when we were demanding a red the other way.

what i will say is that i did think that mckirdy had clattered the keeper at first, maybe the angle from where i was sitting didn't help but he actually doesn't challenge at all, he is running past covolan by the time he gets polaxed. I do think that a lot of people must have checked their phones at half time and realised it was right, as the ref never really got put under much pressure in the second half really. i;d have expected our fans to be baying for blood if the majority were still convinced that he got the red wrong.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Found it odd the commentators on that video were saying McKirdy could be off as it looked clear as day on the footage. The only thing that might have made it look the other way is McKirdy's reaction looked like one of someone who is about to be sent off.
yeah he looks guilty all the time because he's such a cock :lol:

he kept pointing to his stomach area so covolan had clearly left a few stud marks.

I know we are all biased as fuck but in the heat of the moment it really looked like mckirdy had clattered a keeper when he had no right to go for the ball - i knew cov raised his foot up but we do see keepers do that to protect themselves.
I genuinely didn't realise cov was in trouble until the ref had walked back from the linesman, past mckirdy and into the box.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

he kept pointing to his stomach area so covolan had clearly left a few stud marks.

I know we are all biased as fuck but in the heat of the moment it really looked like mckirdy had clattered a keeper when he had no right to go for the ball - i knew cov raised his foot up but we do see keepers do that to protect themselves.
I genuinely didn't realise cov was in trouble until the ref had walked back from the linesman, past mckirdy and into the box.
Well yeah that's the other thing, he had it comfortably in his grasp so there was no real need to put his foot out to protect himself, least of all from McKirdy would likely have just bounced off him had he kept going.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Thoroughly deserved 3 points against The Football League’s shame, Salford.

Jamie Walker looks to be a great signing - he was rather unfortunate not to score in the first half. As soon as we started to turn the screw, you could sense it was only a matter of time before we edged infront - I was shocked at how late it came, though.

Just had a gander at Salford’s forum, it was interesting that they thought there wasn’t much init regards to the sending off - one of them suggesting he made a meal of it. Someone ought to tell them Paudie lost a tooth…

E7E6858F-1FAF-4A72-88AA-D59C4B3499B0.jpeg

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

I don’t think anyone but the linesman saw it at the time, certainly from most angles and we were probably equally fooled by Lucas antics as well.

Huge debate on the pod about what we do with Lucas now, DC pretty much confirmed a huge fine and obviously we will have to look at it in terms of his future, good point made on the pod was what if he does that in a huge game such as a play off semi or a crucial end of season game? Can you risk it when it’s not his first discretion? It was such a costly error and ruined what could of been a real humdinger second half.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

I think our performance yesterday was summed up by the very last highlight in the video where a breaking Crawley attacker has to really stretch to get his shot away and as a result ends up on the ground and yet still wins possession when the rebound comes back.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town

The commentators were from BBC Radio (Stoke?) and had already said earlier that they had no access to TV replays so we're probably as much in the dark as the fans in the ground.

Credit where its due I thought the comms were absolutely excellent yesterday, professional, got all the players names correct, (this sounds simple, but on ifollow you get some right characters that don't have a clue) were partisan towards Vale but called the game as it happened with little bias at all. Clearly they are BBC comms so clearly have to know what they are doing but I really enjoyed listening to them (helped that we played so well) and they gave us the credit we deserved so fair play.

Big Bird

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Likewise for us, sounds like we were awful today but after all our injuries/Covid - this was our first league game in about a month. Hopefully it was a good warm up for Saturday, bought my ticket yesterday.. First game in months! Are you lot still poor at home?
Think we're unbeaten in four league games at home but two were draws. Despite yesterdays win at Vale we've suffered a couple of defeats on the road recently so think we've just 'levelled out' so to speak with less of a difference between home and away performances.

Hopefully we will push 10k or more for this after having 9k for Northampton. Sure your mob will bring a fair few!

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Be pushing 12,000 I reckon. I doubt Rovers will give us so much time on the ball as Vale did yesterday.

I’ve got to admit flip flopping about our chances of promotion, but I suppose 6 out of 9 against promotion rivals isn’t to be covid’d at.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I can kind of see why he's picked in the sense he is quick and can run at defenders but he's a winger playing upfront. He was blowing after 70 minutes and should've been taken off.

Liked what I saw of Carver, Cullen has to start up there with him on Tuesday.
Hull also needs to start.
We've had 28 corners in the last 2 games ,never looked like scoring & are weak as piss in the air at the back.
Why sign a 6'6" Centre back & keep him on the bench is beyond me.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
agreed, i felt immediately after the game that he had been poor (despite him getting the red right). mainly i felt there were a few dives that went unpunished, especially williams who was way over the line when it comes to dark arts. but having calmed down a bit i would say i think the ref did have a good game really and that was quite impressive to send the home keeper off when we were demanding a red the other way.

what i will say is that i did think that mckirdy had clattered the keeper at first, maybe the angle from where i was sitting didn't help but he actually doesn't challenge at all, he is running past covolan by the time he gets polaxed. I do think that a lot of people must have checked their phones at half time and realised it was right, as the ref never really got put under much pressure in the second half really. i;d have expected our fans to be baying for blood if the majority were still convinced that he got the red wrong.

Don't disagree with anything you say there. Williams for me is a funny one, he is clearly a great player but spends a lot of time on the floor. Garner said that after last week after Northampton he had cuts and bruises all over his legs so perhaps he gets kicked more than it actually looks. That said there was one moment where he went to receive a throw in and just threw himself on the ball. The ref gave Vale a free kick for handball which made me laugh and is something I very much like to see, regardless of who I support!!

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
I’ve had a peep on the Vale forum and quite a few seem to think they’ve been found out. That is exactly what weve been saying for a while. Even the method of cancelling out is the same - press high. Which is exactly what Vale did at the CG to earn a very deserved 3 points. I’m sure it’s just a phase - Covid, poor form, maybe missing key players.

After 46 games I’m confident the top 3 will be deserved. 4-7 may see an interloper but those teams that are thereabouts now will be thereabouts come May.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I’ve had a peep on the Vale forum and quite a few seem to think they’ve been found out. That is exactly what weve been saying for a while. Even the method of cancelling out is the same - press high. Which is exactly what Vale did at the CG to earn a very deserved 3 points. I’m sure it’s just a phase - Covid, poor form, maybe missing key players.

After 46 games I’m confident the top 3 will be deserved. 4-7 may see an interloper but those teams that are thereabouts now will be thereabouts come May.
I don’t think we’ve been found out as such, we just didn’t employ the tactics we should of yesterday and only DC knows why. Fitness maybe after such a long lay off and players coming back from injury possibly. Clear as day Wilson is nowhere near fit enough for a start.

Ultimately we had massive injuries before the enforced break, lost to Brentford and lost to a very good Swindon side on the day, we did a job on Swindon at their place so it’s swings and roundabouts a bit.

I would look to change the formation though because although 3-5-2 has served us well it still doesn’t get the best out of the players we have, Politic and Worrall as wide attackers supporting would be best suited.

There were too many “off performances” individually though yesterday, especially the midfield three that have been superb most of the season, Conlon and Pett may as well have stayed at home and Garrity who’s been scoring for fun as an emergency striker had a stinker.

Worried about Cass too, he’s been dreadful recently and we were raving about trying to get him permanently a few weeks ago.

Ultimately we need to quickly get our form back (and ideally keep 11 of the pitch). If we do we can chase the autos if we don’t we will struggle to make the play offs as first half yesterday was a relegation level performance.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
We've lost three first teamers since Christmas, and only brought in one player as yet.

Hopefully we can get O'Keeffe permanently from Mansfield for RWB

We've probably got enough midfielders to cover Aaron Morley going to Bolton, so signing an experienced CB in Downing makes sense as a none-like-for-like replacement.

We do desperately need a goalscoring forward, though...
On another day you might have got something from the game. I'd have preferred Rovers to go for a killer third rather than opting to rely on our solid defence to preserve the early lead. Things could have got a little sticky with a Rochdale goal.

Was surprised that Odoh, who was the best player in the reverse fixture didn't start and also that when he did come on it was for Newby, who was your best player yesterday. Particularly when your worst player Kelly stayed on for the full match.

Think it will be a consolidation season for 'Dale but presume that's acceptable given pre-season off-field issues

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
On another day you might have got something from the game. I'd have preferred Rovers to go for a killer third rather than opting to rely on our solid defence to preserve the early lead. Things could have got a little sticky with a Rochdale goal.

Was surprised that Odoh, who was the best player in the reverse fixture didn't start and also that when he did come on it was for Newby, who was your best player yesterday. Particularly when your worst player Kelly stayed on for the full match.

Think it will be a consolidation season for 'Dale but presume that's acceptable given pre-season off-field issues
Rochdale yesterday according to the xG guy should have won 1.6 vs 0.5. Tranmere can’t keep going all season conceding these chances and not creating much.

Loyal Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Rochdale yesterday according to the xG guy should have won 1.6 vs 0.5. Tranmere can’t keep going all season conceding these chances and not creating much

To be honest, we were very lightweight yesterday, and seldom looked like scoring. Didn't help ourselves by a very rusty opening during which Tranny scored twice; both utterly avoidable from our point of view.

No surprise when we sell our leading scorer, our playmaker/chance creator from midfield and the wingback who has made more attacking runs than anyone else has gone back to a club where he isn't wanted.

We have signed (on loan) a new Centre back, which might suggest that our captain and best remaining player could be sold.

Such is life at Dale...it's always been thus. We won't live beyond our means, and are still recovering from the almost fatal damage inflicted on the club by the ex CEO, who has now turned up at Fylde !!

Honestly; the vast majority of Dale fans are happy & grateful to even have a team who can play L2 football, and realise that it may take several years (or even a spell in non league) to repair the damage.

Our Chairman has stated that money will be made available for incoming players, so we will have to see what happens.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Rochdale yesterday according to the xG guy should have won 1.6 vs 0.5. Tranmere can’t keep going all season conceding these chances and not creating much.
We had the fewest goals against in 2021. Football games arent played on computers. This is real life not FM.

Reactions: RLC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!