Tue 13th Sept Fixtures

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Entertaining game by dint of shambolic defending from both sides. We lack any sort or organisation and appear to be devoid of any discernible tactics/style of play. Whatever it is, Lindsey isn’t the answer. He apparently told one of our fans to ‘fuck off you fat cnut’.

Unbeaten in 7 games now - somehow.

• Wow
Reactions: Cas

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
stats.png

Barrow 39% possession and 20 shots....
Doncaster 61% possession and 7 shots, only 1 on target....
Possession is over-rated

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
40% possession. Out shot by 3 to 1 and not one single corner!

Tsaroulla's winner was a decent goal but the other two looked as though you gifted us them and we really should have had another when Telford was clean through (from your cock up).

Odd thing was, when we started to look good in the middle of the second half Betsy changed it into a jump up and down on the line, waste as much time as you can tactic. Really aggravating to see our players win the ball on the edge of our box and every red shirt was within 30 yards of our own goal. Wondered what the Rochdale fans were going on about the other week. Think I know now.

Got lucky tonight. A team with a bit more nous would have won tonight but our first win of the season so I'm definitely going to take it.

Casey

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
I hate injury time. Absolutely hate it.

The first two Swindon goals will haunt my nightmares. I feel bad for Jack Rose, he made some decent stops in the first half. And then the first goal happened.

We’re not a bad team but our style away from home needs a lot of work.

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
Beat Newport 1-0 tonight, deserved win but wasn't a great game in all honesty. First half was very scrappy, felt maybe we slightly edged the general play but Newport had the better of the chances (not that there were too many). Bogle had the best opportunity, really had to do better, baring down on goal he screwed his effort wide, got to be at least working the keeper.

Came out much improved in the second half, the ball is worked into Jamie Reid, as he's challenged the ball falls to Gilbey, who picked his spot from range, top corner with a lovely curling effort. After that we created a few more openings, Reid had a couple of efforts from range, Smith had a goal bound shot blocked by the defender and as he's claiming a penalty, Norris has an effort from about 6 yards which he sticks straight at the keeper. Saxon Earley came off the bench and had an effort on the counter late on before fellow substitute Jake Taylor smashed the crossbar with the last kick of the game.

All in all a decent night for us, much improved second half, good to see Rose back in the side, was concerned he'd be out for a while after the Crewe game, so pleased to see that isn't the case.

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
I actually think/fear this could be a bit of an eye opener for some of our fans.

I don’t think it’s registered with some just how bad we’ve been recently. Us clawing back that point against Rochdale and the fact we’ve had on the whole a favourable run of fixture has possibly papered over the cracks so to speak. We’ve been crap for weeks now. This will be our second test against on paper tough opposition, after falling well short in the first one against Stevenage.

With injuries and recent poor performances, I fear the worst. Mansfield have won every home game so far, and this on paper is their easiest one so far.

Mansfield Town 4-0 Carlisle United

A sobering result for a portion of our fanbase.
You must be heartbroken

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Draw would have been a fair result for me. Can’t really remember a decent chance for you aside from the goals Cookie scored. He towered above to score that second header when Nevitt glanced one wide for us about 10 mins before and that was the difference.

First half we were poor and just seemed to have no game plan but to hit it long which the Bradford Number 5 lapped up. Second half much better for 20 mins and could have added to the lead. After Bradford went 2-1 up we looked short of ideas and they saw the game out well.

Not having Mellon unfortunately. 7 points from 8 games with some of the performances we’ve had just isn’t good enough. Got more than a good enough squad to play some good football and move up the league but we’ve got a manager that only knows a direct style and the only way that’s taking us is down.
We hit the post to make it 2-0, probably our biggest chance before you equalised. Once we went 2-1 up Chapman forced your keeper into a worldie and Cook should have squared it for a tap in. We had 8 shots on target to your 1, with both hitting the post. As an away team having equal possession and far more chances I think an away win is fair. But tbf it could have gone either way if you’d been a bit better in front of goal.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Doncaster had all the ball for the first 15 minutes and did absolutely nothing from that point onwards. Thought we were in for a nervy finish until we went two up, then really should've been four or five by the finish.

Thought we were excellent second half. Not sure we can sustain this high tempo game all season but I'm certainly enjoying it at the moment.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Really beginning to question what’s going on in training, or whether we actually had a pre-season at all? Because the players look dead on their feet after 50 minutes every single week.

Slight improvement in performance but nothing learned from the Colchester game. Umerah isolated yet again, we are just not good enough.

Can’t even be arsed anymore

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Wow. That’s pleasantly surprising to hear.

Not great that if we’ve played well we haven’t scored, but we’ve been crap recently so to hear we were the better side can only be a positive thing which I hope we can follow up on Saturday.

sorry for the lack of actual input, but your chances were far better than ours, you honestly should have won

bantamjay

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
You must be heartbroken

Let me try to explain something in simple terms to you…

A prediction is what a person thinks is going to happen, not what a person wants to happen.

When I predict us to lose 4-0, it’s because I think it is going to happen. It’s not me wishing for a 4-0 defeat.

I hope you take note of this and take it forward for the remainder of your time on earth.

CTFC - Devils

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley town
We were shite.

No disrespect to Crawley on a night where they'll be celebrating a win but they are as awful as the table showed. They met their match tonight. We've torn up our team from last season and we now need a serious re-think on how we approach things going forward. Frustrating thing is we'd have lost to your Aldershot, Woking, Maidenhead type teams. I put it down as the league catching us out, I can't say that tonight.
I’m quite surprised to hear that, ive seen some turgid stuff over the years but I didn’t feel like tonight was one of those evenings. You looked a decent and physical side, murdered us down the right hand side in the first half and put a number of good balls into our box. Can’t lie though, it was very pleasing to see another team other than us gift a goal from messing around at the back, I don’t know why managers at this level think build up play needs to start from pissing around in your own box.
Anyway, we weren’t amazing but on the balance of chances a draw would have been a fair result, to call us awful on tonight’s performance is harsh though. Thank god you didn’t see us against Wimbledon.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Sounds like we were rubbish tonight but still didn't lose, so got to take a positive from that.

bantamjay

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
We hit the post to make it 2-0, probably our biggest chance before you equalised. Once we went 2-1 up Chapman forced your keeper into a worldie and Cook should have squared it for a tap in. We had 8 shots on target to your 1, with both hitting the post. As an away team having equal possession and far more chances I think an away win is fair. But tbf it could have gone either way if you’d been a bit better in front of goal.
I thought our strength in depth showed second half. The subs that came on made an impact, particularly Tyreik Wright for the very ineffective Jake young. Great timings for the subs for Mark Hughes turned the balance of the game.

Tranmere were unfortunate with their sub being subbed but I still don’t think it would have been enough to stop us wrestling the momentum back.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
I’m quite surprised to hear that, ive seen some turgid stuff over the years but I didn’t feel like tonight was one of those evenings. You looked a decent and physical side, murdered us down the right hand side in the first half and put a number of good balls into our box. Can’t lie though, it was very pleasing to see another team other than us gift a goal from messing around at the back, I don’t know why managers at this level think build up play needs to start from pissing around in your own box.
Anyway, we weren’t amazing but on the balance of chances a draw would have been a fair result, to call us awful on tonight’s performance is harsh though. Thank god you didn’t see us against Wimbledon.
Don't mean it in disrespect to Crawley, shouldn't have dragged you into my analysis, just wanted to underline our performance (or lack of). I'm just really underwhelmed with us and our general approach to games.

Congratulations on the points, I also thought the lad you have from Liverpool looked a good player for his tender years and it was a good strike for the winner. Fancied him to score as soon as he got it unfortunatley. We should be engaging the player not backing off there but well punished.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Such a dominant performance from us, and that keeper who was meant to be shit kept the score respectable for Doncaster (he did shin a kick out of his hands though, which I've never seen from a professional keeper before).

We missed some big chances, but the fact we created so many was impressive.

Next home game vs Orient is where we find out if we're good enough to challenge at the top.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Steady performance from us overall - should really have made the game safe with a second goal, had 2 good chances to do so. Scored a good well worked goal.

Rochdale I didn’t think were that bad overall, but never looked like scoring. Vigs apart from at the end didn’t have a proper save to make.

Not for the first time this season, someone got complacent. The normally reliable Omar Beckles with a poor back header in stoppage time led to a foul and a penalty. Pen looked a tad soft but the attackers always get them when the keeper rushes out and makes even the slightest of contact, thankfully Vigs got us out of jail saving Quigleys pen.

Rochdale I thought put in a spirited shift, but looked toothless in the final third. Thought that Adoh was again a threat, looks a promising player each time I have watched him.

Our time wasting winds our opponents up a lot. We will get out comeuppance from it at some point. But we do manage games quite well.

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Disappointed with just a draw from that, but shows where we're still lacking - someone to stick the ball in the net. Truth be told first half was reasonably even, both scoring from a scrappy 6 yard box finish. Mandron stuck away a header from a corner which was disallowed for....some reason.

Second half only one side in it, we bossed it. Some of our approach play was fantastic but we just didn't have the final ball. Dreadful reffing performance really halted some of our attacks with early whistling. Mandron had another chalked off for offside which was correct, but then Jordan Green was thrown halfway to Scarborough in injury time which the man in the middle failed to spot.

Another point, a good performance, but should've won.
And Mandron should’ve been off in the final 10 anyway…

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Really beginning to question what’s going on in training, or whether we actually had a pre-season at all? Because the players look dead on their feet after 50 minutes every single week.

Slight improvement in performance but nothing learned from the Colchester game. Umerah isolated yet again, we are just not good enough.

Can’t even be arsed anymore
The fitness is the biggest problem, followed by game management which just consists of putting men behind the ball and a finger up your arse.

I'm gonna make a wild claim and say that of the lesser sides that we've played (counting Crewe in that, no way will they stay top half) we aren't far off them but we are not near anyone's fitness levels and we are poorly coached.

The players did their best tonight and I won't criticise them. The management is another story. They lack confidence because they aren't prepared physically and tactically for a 46 game season, pre season was a farce by the looks of it, they get 10 days off just now and they're blowing. It's all still too pedestrian with players trying to find the safe option and not backing themselves to take the game on. The balance and chemistry isn't there and that's on Hartley and Young.

We keep saying they need 4 points from the next two games but if we don't get 4 from the next two time will run out to save the season. Starting to get cut adrift already and the management need solutions pretty quick in all honesty

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
The fitness is the biggest problem, followed by game management which just consists of putting men behind the ball and a finger up your arse.

I'm gonna make a wild claim and say that of the lesser sides that we've played (counting Crewe in that, no way will they stay top half) we aren't far off them but we are not near anyone's fitness levels and we are poorly coached.

The players did their best tonight and I won't criticise them. The management is another story. They lack confidence because they aren't prepared physically and tactically for a 46 game season, pre season was a farce by the looks of it, they get 10 days off just now and they're blowing. It's all still too pedestrian with players trying to find the safe option and not backing themselves to take the game on. The balance and chemistry isn't there and that's on Hartley and Young.

We keep saying they need 4 points from the next two games but if we don't get 4 from the next two time will run out to save the season. Starting to get cut adrift already and the management need solutions pretty quick in all honesty
Was a much improved performance,but that forward line will get us relegated.
Can’t critise the players effort,but they‘re simply not good enough.
The defence isn’t too bad,but one slip cost a goal,while we had numerous chances,which were wasted.
If Maguire doesn’t hit the ground running,we’re goosed & i‘d like to know why he didn’t play last night.
Hartley said he was available for selection,yet didn’t even make the squad,due to not being registered in time,or having gout,whichever you want to believe.
I wouldn’t believe I word that comes out of the club at the moment.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Entertaining game by dint of shambolic defending from both sides. We lack any sort or organisation and appear to be devoid of any discernible tactics/style of play. Whatever it is, Lindsey isn’t the answer. He apparently told one of our fans to ‘fuck off you fat cnut’.

Unbeaten in 7 games now - somehow.

Haha did he really? What a legend. The guys been taking some amount of flak this season so fair fucks to him I say.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Yeah. Got no problem with it.

Shame we seem so haphazard about our play.

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
Was unable to watch the match tonight but very happy with a 0-0.

Hoping it was a much improved performance from the recent string of poor displays.
Tbh carlisle could have won that missed a couple of sitters ,looked quite dangerous at times

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Yeah. Got no problem with it.

Shame we seem so haphazard about our play.

It's funny because we played some really great stuff at times last night, I thought Gladwin, Shade and Williams were really good. Unfortunately we are so careless with the ball at the other times, as you say haphazard, often Reed and Darcy most guilty. (Although Reed had a big hand in the winner) For me the celebrations at the end was a positive, seems to me that they are bonding.

The goals last night were hilarious, our second that came from a Sutton playing volleying off another player that then fell to Williams (good finish mind) to score was just comedy gold.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
We’ve got to play some decent sides in the next few games. That’ll tell us whether we’ve been riding our luck on more than one occasion or whether the Calamity Jane defending will be outweighed by some decent attacking.

I reckon we’ll get a stuffing or 2.

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Tbh carlisle could have won that missed a couple of sitters ,looked quite dangerous at times
I was very impressed with manager Simpson, got them organised and defence played well without having any stand out players. If you had a finisher you would have won the game easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!