Tue 13th Sept Fixtures

Gunit

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton
Think we should have got something from Swindon but saying that a little too often (away) at the moment. Sadly conceded some comedy goals and if you do that you don’t get points. Thought Swindon looked good with the ball first half but ran out of ideas in the 2nd. They were dire at the back though and we didn’t take advantage as much as we should have. We missed some good chances too, could have been something silly like 4-4 given the defending on display (ours was really uncharacteristically bad).

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Was unable to watch the match tonight but very happy with a 0-0.

Hoping it was a much improved performance from the recent string of poor displays.
Missed a couple of sitters but that's become par for the course. Think that's every attacking player we have who have now at some point this season fired over from four yards.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Disappointed with just a draw from that, but shows where we're still lacking - someone to stick the ball in the net. Truth be told first half was reasonably even, both scoring from a scrappy 6 yard box finish. Mandron stuck away a header from a corner which was disallowed for....some reason.

Second half only one side in it, we bossed it. Some of our approach play was fantastic but we just didn't have the final ball. Dreadful reffing performance really halted some of our attacks with early whistling. Mandron had another chalked off for offside which was correct, but then Jordan Green was thrown halfway to Scarborough in injury time which the man in the middle failed to spot.

Another point, a good performance, but should've won.
Yep no arguments from me here either, we were crap and got away with a point there. Had Mandron in my team in Lord Jord's fantasy game for the first three weeks so of course he bags his first in the league vs us. Makes me feel less bad about that choice as I thought he was a constant handful tonight. Gillingham certainly in a false league position going off that.

Regarding us, Holohan has arguably put in his best couple of performances in Town shirt this season but he was absolutely gash last night. He cut it in a two with Fox last season but I'm not sure he can do that on a consistent basis at this level. Play him in a three and he should be alright. We missed the bite that Green brings to the midfield, Gillingham were first to everything. I feel for Orsi too, just back to fitness and now seemingly behind two young loanees. I'd have had him on over Simmonds last night. In fact, I'd be starting him against Colchester if he's ready and we're going two up top.

Way off the standard we've seen so far this season but as Gladders says we still somehow picked up a point so it's by no means a terrible point on reflection.

And Mandron should’ve been off in the final 10 anyway…
Yep, the two disallowed goals aside (admittedly big calls, but one was definitely offside, need to see the other one) the ref gave us nothing. I've lost count of the amount of times Taylor has been fouled this season, still won the ball but the result is a free kick to the defender. Then when he is fouled and doesn't win the ball we get jack shit.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Last night was one of those games in which both teams and the officials stunk the place out, although Carlisle probably played better than us.

Got to honest Carlisle had two sitters one in each half and we can consider ourselves a bit lucky. Not sure about our disallowed goal.

We only had 6 on the bench, and not surprisingly looked incredibly short upfront, it was basically just Akins on his Tod.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Think we should have got something from Swindon but saying that a little too often (away) at the moment. Sadly conceded some comedy goals and if you do that you don’t get points. Thought Swindon looked good with the ball first half but ran out of ideas in the 2nd. They were dire at the back though and we didn’t take advantage as much as we should have. We missed some good chances too, could have been something silly like 4-4 given the defending on display (ours was really uncharacteristically bad).

Fairly accurate summary in my eyes Gunit. Was glad when Randall went off, ex Swindon players often seem to come back to haunt us.

Gunit

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton
Randall is our biggest attacking threat at the moment. Decent player.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Was a much improved performance,but that forward line will get us relegated.
Can’t critise the players effort,but they‘re simply not good enough.
The defence isn’t too bad,but one slip cost a goal,while we had numerous chances,which were wasted.
If Maguire doesn’t hit the ground running,we’re goosed & i‘d like to know why he didn’t play last night.
Hartley said he was available for selection,yet didn’t even make the squad,due to not being registered in time,or having gout,whichever you want to believe.
I wouldn’t believe I word that comes out of the club at the moment.

Mail journo reckoned he was struggling with a foot injury when doing fitness stuff before kick off, like the rest of the squad he's already got himself injured.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Yep no arguments from me here either, we were crap and got away with a point there. Had Mandron in my team in Lord Jord's fantasy game for the first three weeks so of course he bags his first in the league vs us. Makes me feel less bad about that choice as I thought he was a constant handful tonight. Gillingham certainly in a false league position going off that.

Regarding us, Holohan has arguably put in his best couple of performances in Town shirt this season but he was absolutely gash last night. He cut it in a two with Fox last season but I'm not sure he can do that on a consistent basis at this level. Play him in a three and he should be alright. We missed the bite that Green brings to the midfield, Gillingham were first to everything. I feel for Orsi too, just back to fitness and now seemingly behind two young loanees. I'd have had him on over Simmonds last night. In fact, I'd be starting him against Colchester if he's ready and we're going two up top.

Way off the standard we've seen so far this season but as Gladders says we still somehow picked up a point so it's by no means a terrible point on reflection.

Yep, the two disallowed goals aside (admittedly big calls, but one was definitely offside, need to see the other one) the ref gave us nothing. I've lost count of the amount of times Taylor has been fouled this season, still won the ball but the result is a free kick to the defender. Then when he is fouled and doesn't win the ball we get jack shit.
Despite his good performances in the season, Holohan loses his place on that performance alone for Hunt IMO. It baffles me how when you know we’ve just spent 100k on a new midfielder sat on the bench that him & Morris could possibly think of turning in a performance like that yesterday.

Efete needs benching too, he’s the one player who’s really struggling with the step up and Croppers throws will offer us far more IMO.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Missed a couple of sitters but that's become par for the course. Think that's every attacking player we have who have now at some point this season fired over from four yards.

Apart from Denis (Who had an off night) we have no other goal threat in the team and that's becoming an issue if we want to be a top 10 team, but at least the defence was back to its usual solid organised way after the Rochdale shambles.

Omari Patrick is a shadow of what he was last season, he looks so unfit and just way off.

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
Apart from Denis (Who had an off night) we have no other goal threat in the team and that's becoming an issue if we want to be a top 10 team, but at least the defence was back to its usual solid organised way after the Rochdale shambles.

Omari Patrick is a shadow of what he was last season, he looks so unfit and just way off.
He didnt look unfit last night ,in fact he looked a very useful player ,not scared to run at people

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

He doesn't look unfit but he doesn't look as willing to take players on and like everyone at the moment has spurned some great chances. Looks to be lacking confidence.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

Agree he’s been in terrible form, but he’s not the only one. And he missed most of preseason through injury. That coupled with the fact he’s probably not getting his sleep with his first newborn, it’s probably going to take some time.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Despite his good performances in the season, Holohan loses his place on that performance alone for Hunt IMO. It baffles me how when you know we’ve just spent 100k on a new midfielder sat on the bench that him & Morris could possibly think of turning in a performance like that yesterday.

Efete needs benching too, he’s the one player who’s really struggling with the step up and Croppers throws will offer us far more IMO.
I quite like the idea of Green smashing people and sitting deeper with Hunt a little further up feeding the attacking players. Whether or not we'd need the legs of Holohan in addition for it to work, I'm not sure. I think it'd be harsh to drop Morris even after last night though, as he's been one of our best players for me. Has largely gone under the radar too, a bit like Fox at the start of last season.

I said for most of the season last season how limited/unintelligent a player Efete is and I got redcrossed to shit on The Fishy and disagreed with constantly in WhatsApp chats and in pubs before and after games. He can carry the ball forward and he's strong and fast and fairly reliable defensively but he's far from the world beater that a lot of Town fans make him out to be. Very good Conference full back but bang average at best at this level. I agree that Cropper's throws would offer more right now.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
The fitness is the biggest problem, followed by game management which just consists of putting men behind the ball and a finger up your arse.
The game management was shocking, I said to my mate just before half time, if we go into the break 1-0 up we will come out second half camped on edge of our own box, and that’s exactly what we did.

When winning the ball back just launching it aimlessly up to Umerah for him to battle for it with no one within 25 yards of him.

Soon as everyone’s legs started going as usual it was inevitable they were going to score.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
my thoughts on Doncaster last night....
they could struggle this season unless they get some pace into the middle of the pitch.
they are very easy to run through and at
they are very weak at left back
Tomlin whilst obviously a decent player in the past can't play the number 10 roll any more - he could sit in midfield if he's surrounded by younger players who will run all day.
and the really obvious one - Doncaster desperately needs a change of manager

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
they could struggle this season unless they get some pace into the middle of the pitch.
Tomlin whilst obviously a decent player in the past can't play the number 10 roll any more - he could sit in midfield if he's surrounded by younger players who will run all day.
I couldn’t agree more, no idea why he isn’t starting Maxwell at left back, Wellens tried playing Rowe at left back, it didn’t work, McSheffrey is now playing him at left back, it isn’t working, as fans we know it, opposition fans and managers know it but he still perseveres with it. We need to have more bodies in midfield and Miller needs more support. It appears obvious to everyone except McSheffrey. The sooner he goes the better

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
Randall is our biggest attacking threat at the moment. Decent player.

Randall has been one of our most important attacking players for a good couple of seasons and is criminally underrated by sections of our support, which both confuses and annoys me.

He was unplayable last night, especially in the first half. He looked tired towards the end, probably the right thing to take him off.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I’d forgotten how spectacularly wank kristian dennis is in fairness. Absolute fraud of a player

Reactions: Cas

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

What in earth is your start all about? what you feeding them up there :lol:

Great to see though, good show.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Doncaster had all the ball for the first 15 minutes and did absolutely nothing from that point onwards. Thought we were in for a nervy finish until we went two up, then really should've been four or five by the finish.

Thought we were excellent second half. Not sure we can sustain this high tempo game all season but I'm certainly enjoying it at the moment.

Which of your best players can we easily poach off you in January?

We desperately need goal scorers.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
I’d forgotten how spectacularly wank kristian dennis is in fairness. Absolute fraud of a player

So he has one off night and suddenly he's wank and a fraud is he?

He's scored more goals than any of your players so far this season of who are nowhere to be seen on the top scorers list..

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

How have you already forgotten about the Barrow away on a Tuesday night factor? Remember your non-league days. :lol: While the rest of the country was a pleasant 15°C last night, Donny were playing in a -4°C hailstorm.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Which of your best players can we easily poach off you in January?

We desperately need goal scorers.

None, you don't have any money and besides you're the 92nd choice of all League clubs.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
How have you already forgotten about the Barrow away on a Tuesday night factor? Remember your non-league days. :lol: While the rest of the country was a pleasant 15°C last night, Donny were playing in a -4°C hailstorm.
It wouldn’t have made a difference, we would have still lost as we are basically shite

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby

When you look at Halifax & Barrows finishes last season compared to where they both are now, it’s fair to say that guy who looks like somebody who sits on his own in the corner of a ropey looking pub might be a good manager.

TheDon

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Randall has been one of our most important attacking players for a good couple of seasons and is criminally underrated by sections of our support, which both confuses and annoys me.

He was unplayable last night, especially in the first half. He looked tired towards the end, probably the right thing to take him off.
Surprised you didn't play Ward in goal,is he injured? Was at the game and could have been 5-5. You looked like you could score with every attack first half.

Gunit

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton
Surprised you didn't play Ward in goal,is he injured? Was at the game and could have been 5-5. You looked like you could score with every attack first half.
Not heard anything re injury, possibly agreement between the clubs with the transfer and the game so close? But he hasn’t started over Rose yet. Rose has been mainly good so far until his shocking mistake for the first last night. He may have to bide his time for an opportunity.

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Let me try to explain something in simple terms to you…

A prediction is what a person thinks is going to happen, not what a person wants to happen.

When I predict us to lose 4-0, it’s because I think it is going to happen. It’s not me wishing for a 4-0 defeat.

I hope you take note of this and take it forward for the remainder of your time on earth.
I'm well aware

But it's amusing to see you predict doom and gloom each week, miles from the reality

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Orient matched Crawley tonight for their antics. Nearly paid the price in the last minute but we missed the penalty. Surely you can’t be like that every week??

Oh, we’re savvy game managers alright. Very unlike us to have so many shithouses in the same side, but no complaints here. You missed out the bit where we played you off the park for the first 45, mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!