Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Brilliant win for mansfield to set a new club record

We still aren’t going up though

If we actually manage to beat Harrogate I think something is happening lol.

Not turned up against Harrogate since they got in the league though, and 9 of our next 12 games are away - it’s going to get a lot tougher and we will be dropping points shortly I’m sure.

Last edited:

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
If we actually manage to beat Harrogate I think something is happening lol.

Not turned up against Harrogate since they got in the league though, and 9 of our next 12 games are away - it’s going to get a lot tougher and we will be dropping points shortly I’m sure.

exactly

If, in a month from now we are still 1/2 points off the playoffs fair enough, the league position is clearly lopsided

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Well Wilson should have done a hell of a lot better second half when he had a header at goal. Though will note other than that Wilson is getting back up to his high standards.

Not saying we were good as we weren’t but we were better than them. First half I agree we were terrible particularly keeping the ball. Truth is they look like the almost newly formed squad that they are trying to find a way to work with each other. Not ideal certainly.
They weren’t Southend or Grimsby level bad in fairness just zero quality up front, they looked better than Oldham who beat us oddly.

It wasn’t a fluke result we were the better side and much of the second half we pinned them back, they came for a point was time wasting from minute 1 and to be fair weren’t easy to break down, especially in the conditions.

Great bit of quality for the goal although would be furious to concede that goal but Smudge couldn’t miss from there.

It was crucial we won that, by hook or by crook and hopefully it will boost confidence back again and help the bedding it process of all the new lads.

Wilson was looking better today, defensively we were for the most part comfortable. New keeper gave us some heart in mouth moments mind.

It was ugly. Very ugly but we got the job done and hopefully can kick start the season again.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Predictable result given our current form, wind and conditions made for a poor game overall, Mansfield made their own luck and deserved their win.

First goal was a suspect handball, but we’d been terrible attacking wise until that point. Mansfield made their own luck and took it - something we don’t do.

Offered nothing second half and let another goal in from a set play, Drinan then hits the post to run salt in the wound. Playing poorly with no luck either and it becomes another awful game for us.

The next week will be telling, Jackett under pressure now because we’ve been really bad for a while.

Thank god we had a good start.

Well done Mansfield on their club record.

You had any fans wanting him gone yet? I think Jackett will get you improving again, a experienced manager always comes handy in poor runs.

Only just realised Khan played today, he was very quiet I didn’t even notice!

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
You had any fans wanting him gone yet? I think Jackett will get you improving again, a experienced manager always comes handy in poor runs.

Only just realised Khan played today, he was very quiet I didn’t even notice!
Oh yeah, there will always be fans who want the manager chopped when they hit a sticky patch - I am sure there was a section of Stags who wanted Clough out 8 games ago ;) Its the way football goes.

Personally I feel we have 2 winnable games this week in Bradford away and Colchester at home - if he loses both of those with similar sort of performances as we've seen recently with 2 more games with no goals scored which will make it 7 blanks in a row I think, then I think he will be moved on.

Not helped by injuries and our transfer policy in this window though. This time next week we will know whats gonna happen.

Khan was ok I thought and can play RWB back but it clearly ain't his best position - this is where Jackett is struggling and too stubborn to change our formation.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Mate, you really aren’t horrific.
No cutting edge granted, but they work hard and knock it about ok.
A flukey win for vale.
That's the big issue though.

Were so close to being okay but so far away at the same time. If we had Keith Hill at the start of the year we'd be a lot more competitive.

We have never looked like absolutely terrible under Hill but the quality just isn't there at all, least they're working hard and fighting for it.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Oh yeah, there will always be fans who want the manager chopped when they hit a sticky patch - I am sure there was a section of Stags who wanted Clough out 8 games ago ;) Its the way football goes.

Personally I feel we have 2 winnable games this week in Bradford away and Colchester at home - if he loses both of those with similar sort of performances as we've seen recently with 2 more games with no goals scored which will make it 7 blanks in a row I think, then I think he will be moved on.

Not helped by injuries and our transfer policy in this window though. This time next week we will know whats gonna happen.

Khan was ok I thought and can play RWB back but it clearly ain't his best position - this is where Jackett is struggling and too stubborn to change our formation.

The fans mostly stuck with Clough and he’s said as much, but yes Clough being a experienced manager gave him much more leeway in the bad run of form we had.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
They weren’t Southend or Grimsby level bad in fairness just zero quality up front, they looked better than Oldham who beat us oddly.

It wasn’t a fluke result we were the better side and much of the second half we pinned them back, they came for a point was time wasting from minute 1 and to be fair weren’t easy to break down, especially in the conditions.

Great bit of quality for the goal although would be furious to concede that goal but Smudge couldn’t miss from there.

It was crucial we won that, by hook or by crook and hopefully it will boost confidence back again and help the bedding it process of all the new lads.

Wilson was looking better today, defensively we were for the most part comfortable. New keeper gave us some heart in mouth moments mind.

It was ugly. Very ugly but we got the job done and hopefully can kick start the season again.

Yeah I think that Holy did seem a little bit nervy at times. I’m putting that down more than anything though to the fact he has been with the club a couple of days and I think most of the stuff that was a little unsure of with him was about communication between him and the defence. That will improve with time.

I’m thinking for FGR on Tuesday that Wilson and Edmondson is the way to go. The latter has a deceptive burst of pace to me. The lad from Oxford Cooper looked keen once he came on as well as did Charsley.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Jesus. That Swindon game.
How bizarre.
Could see the Colchester fans going mental beyond the goal when the equaliser went in - probably more in amazement than anything. How they got something from that is incredible.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Soooo frustrating today. Decent 5k+ crowd and we just didn’t turn up. Credit to Hartlepool, they were the better team in the first half and stopped us playing. Bogle looked like a big lump and Stubbs kept him quiet, albeit it was a niggly between them both for a while.

Then, for some reason, the Hartlepool player (Featherstone?) had a huge brain fart and got himself booked twice in a few minutes, so was sent off. I really hoped we would dominate and win from them on, but Pools just became more stubborn and defended brilliantly. That said, we didn’t help ourselves…Jevani Brown and Matt Jay were both really poor and we finished the final 30 minutes with a right back and midfielder up front…No wonder we couldn’t score. Oh and Jake Caprice needs to learn to use his pace to beat a man and just fucking cross it. None of this dicking around and then losing it.

We have to improve otherwise I can’t see us getting much at Swindon next week.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Yeah I think that Holy did seem a little bit nervy at times. I’m putting that down more than anything though to the fact he has been with the club a couple of days and I think most of the stuff that was a little unsure of with him was about communication between him and the defence. That will improve with time.

I’m thinking for FGR on Tuesday that Wilson and Edmondson is the way to go. The latter has a deceptive burst of pace to me. The lad from Oxford Cooper looked keen once he came on as well as did Charsley.
Yeah both kept the ball well in the corners at the end which was nice to see some nous there!

Charsley linked up well with Hussey I thought.

FGR will be a different type of game, they will attack which should allow us more space, expect we will go back to the 3-5-2 and look to press them.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Soooo frustrating today. Decent 5k+ crowd and we just didn’t turn up. Credit to Hartlepool, they were the better team in the first half and stopped us playing. Bogle looked like a big lump and Stubbs kept him quiet, albeit it was a niggly between them both for a while.

Then, for some reason, the Hartlepool player (Featherstone?) had a huge brain fart and got himself booked twice in a few minutes, so was sent off. I really hoped we would dominate and win from them on, but Pools just became more stubborn and defended brilliantly. That said, we didn’t help ourselves…Jevani Brown and Matt Jay were both really poor and we finished the final 30 minutes with a right back and midfielder up front…No wonder we couldn’t score. Oh and Jake Caprice needs to learn to use his pace to beat a man and just fucking cross it. None of this dicking around and then losing it.

We have to improve otherwise I can’t see us getting much at Swindon next week.
It was a straight red, yes studs were up but more of a yellow for me. Ref was shite for both sides. At least it didn't cost us much as we battled hard for a much deserved draw.

Thought Exeter looked completely toothless, that Dieng reminded me of Mike Fondop. You looked a good side at ours but until the sending off today we were edging it.

Lee has got the defence organised but he's very negative. Everyone so deep with no out ball at all once down to 10. Thought Bogle looked rusty but early days. Weird to take him off after an hour. He'd have been a good outlet once down to 10 as he can hold it and has a yard of pace.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
There has been some great crowds in league 1 and 2 this season.

Tranmere, Swindon and ourselves for example in league 2

Sheff Wed, Sunderland, Pompey and Ipswich in league 1
Ridiculous attendances carry on down a league too, 6 clubs all averaging 5000+ in the fifth tier is insane.
Southend’s is particularly impressive given as they have been absolute dogshit until a month ago.

ECDEC0E0-9CDF-4D86-9809-03128828A0B0.jpeg

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
It was a straight red, yes studs were up but more of a yellow for me. Ref was shite for both sides. At least it didn't cost us much as we battled hard for a much deserved draw.

Thought Exeter looked completely toothless, that Dieng reminded me of Mike Fondop. You looked a good side at ours but until the sending off today we were edging it.

Lee has got the defence organised but he's very negative. Everyone so deep with no out ball at all once down to 10. Thought Bogle looked rusty but early days. Weird to take him off after an hour. He'd have been a good outlet once down to 10 as he can hold it and has a yard of pace.

First half we played really well and had our chances, feel like Bogle looked like a player lacking in serious minutes on the pitch recently, would much prefer to see him play up front with Carver, sending off killed the game from our perspective and I was just waiting for the first goal to go in and our following collapse but we defended great, Timi is like a man reborn these past few games.

Hope we switch to a 433, especially when playing at home, we’ve now got some attacking threat in the side, it’s time to use it more effectively.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Reading the Tranmere forum it was nice that they mostly agreed that FGR were one of the better sides they've played this or past few seasons. :bow:
However one of perhaps two thought our goalkeeper was a liability. But Luke McGee has the best record in EFL2 for keeping clean sheets.

Off course they were as concerned about the bottle being thrown at FGR goalkeeper and the flare thrown onto pitch. I agree with them. The culprit was bundled away and possibly faces a long ban from Prenton Park.
Obviously the incident happened at opposite end of ground to the FGR supporters. Seconds before the bottle was thrown, I said to my neighbour the referee looks as if he is ready to book McGee for time wasting. He was walking towards goalkeeper when the bottle landed. Thank god it was an empty one.

Oh yes I smiled that every time ball went out of play for a FGR thrown-in, the ball boy raced to collect it and raced onto pitch to hand it to a FGR player. Only once did the linesman tell him off.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Also, Salford paying huge wages for Matt Smith and he was absolutely garbage. Won about 3 headers all afternoon.

Alain

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley
Agreed we were awful in the first half and Bradford should have been out of sight but missed the opportunity, in the second half and brining on Mark Marshall changed all that and we started to play a bit better - two crosses two headed goals - exactly what we did last season in out 2 - 0 win then - this time though we came from a goal behind and only a great save from Morris in the second half stop it being 2 - 0 and probably would have been game over. We got the winner in added time may be undeserved over the whole game, but the number of times that has happened to us lately we got the rub of the green this time.

Hope the Bradford supporter who was taken ill late in the second half is recovering OK.

Oh and to the "little erk" who threw the stone at the coach as we departed Bradford - hope you feel better for that - fortunately no damage was done to the window but shook up the older supporter sitting in the seat where it hit.

Reactions: Cas

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Think we might be going up…
I'm determine to keep that thought in back of mind.
I remember back to 2016 when FGR won first nine matches of season were nearly as well ahead of pack as today and yet still failed to get promoted.
I'm also remembering Kevin Keegan's famous remarks: "I will love it if we beat them, love it!" at a time when Newcastle had a 12 point lead over Man United who then went on to win title.

I'll only start to celebrate if and when FGR are mathematically assured of promotion.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I'm determine to keep that thought in back of mind.
I remember back to 2016 when FGR won first nine matches of season were nearly as well ahead of pack as today and yet still failed to get promoted.
I'm also remembering Kevin Keegan's famous remarks: "I will love it if we beat them, love it!" at a time when Newcastle had a 12 point lead over Man United who then went on to win title.

I'll only start to celebrate if and when FGR are mathematically assured of promotion.

Aye but that's no fun is it, start swinging your big vegan phalluses around, you've pissed it.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Aye but that's no fun is it, start swinging your big vegan phalluses around, you've pissed it.

Aye I’d be getting to announce our arrival already on the L1 forum at this point.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC

Yeah just seen it back and saw he got given a straight red. As you say, I’m not sure it was as bad as that, just a badly timed challenge.

Dieng was way below par yesterday, probably his and Jevani Brown’s worst performance yet. Both have been superb this season, so not sure what was going on there.

I was impressed with Hartlepool, you deserved the point and as you say, prior to going down to 10, you were much the better team. Jamie Sterry looks a very good player and I think Bogle could be an asset for you in time. Lee has indeed got you very organised and in some ways I wish it had stayed 11 v 11 as you made it so hard to break you down with all 10 players behind the ball. Fair play.

A real off day for us and we need to improve quickly if we’re to push back into the playoffs. However, saying that, we’re 4 unbeaten with no goals conceded, so could be worse!

Koumas’Right-Boot

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Reading the Tranmere forum it was nice that they mostly agreed that FGR were one of the better sides they've played this or past few seasons. :bow:
However one of perhaps two thought our goalkeeper was a liability. But Luke McGee has the best record in EFL2 for keeping clean sheets.

Off course they were as concerned about the bottle being thrown at FGR goalkeeper and the flare thrown onto pitch. I agree with them. The culprit was bundled away and possibly faces a long ban from Prenton Park.
Obviously the incident happened at opposite end of ground to the FGR supporters. Seconds before the bottle was thrown, I said to my neighbour the referee looks as if he is ready to book McGee for time wasting. He was walking towards goalkeeper when the bottle landed. Thank god it was an empty one.

Oh yes I smiled that every time ball went out of play for a FGR thrown-in, the ball boy raced to collect it and raced onto pitch to hand it to a FGR player. Only once did the linesman tell him off.
Not sure about a liability - he made a great save from what I thought was a certain goal from Josh Hawkes.

Clean sheets stats are a bit misleading though as they’re generally more about the players infront of them.

As for us, if we don’t come out on Tuesday against Stevenage with some fire and grit then that’d be really disappointing. We’re still in a position where we are clear second and even with games in hand teams can’t overtake us.

February and March are huge for us, we play the whole top 9 in that time with tricky games at Hartlepool away etc in between.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Fair interview from jackett after the game, it’s nice and refreshing to see a manager being honest, like how clough was.

He was right that it looked like handball and the big moments didn’t go their way, it’s nice to see someone take it on the chin than throw the dolly out the pram

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Not sure about a liability - he made a great save from what I thought was a certain goal from Josh Hawkes.
Honest to goodness, that was a world class save.
McGee could have won MoM for that save alone and might have done so if the score had been 0-0.
Believe me, everybody in FGR stand was amazed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshsuwus
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!