Tues 11th, Weds 12th and Sat 15th Jan

gijsbert_bos

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Our pitch has been noticeably deteriorating for a while now. One of many lacklustre things going on behind the scenes. When the new owner joined there was talks of a £500,000 pitch improvement - which I hope this isn't it.

In similar news I reckon if you asked Chris Maguire before the game to write the perfect script he'd have come out with something like what happened; score a hattrick against the manager that turfed you out and he also gets sent off. It was one of those games where we started terribly and after the goal and celebration you thought 'if that doesn't wake the players up, nothing will' turns out nothing will.

At least we've won the Integrity of the Competition Cup. Can add that to the many pretend competitions we have won since being down here - Pizza Cup and Trafalgar Square Shield (x2)
What's this about? Because you played the game despite having a few Covid cases? You managed to pick 7 subs, so can't be that bad. We only had 4, and we don't have an U23 squad to pick from. One of the subs had just been recalled from loan at Stevenage so we could play.

We had 2 right backs in central defence, a midfielder at right back, our captain and our top scorer and 3 first-choice centre backs all out with injuries. Our bench was 2 left backs, a defensive midfielder and a goalkeeper. I am amazed at the result considering the makeshift side we put out.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
What's this about? Because you played the game despite having a few Covid cases? You managed to pick 7 subs, so can't be that bad. We only had 4, and we don't have an U23 squad to pick from. One of the subs had just been recalled from loan at Stevenage so we could play.

We had 2 right backs in central defence, a midfielder at right back, our captain and our top scorer and 3 first-choice centre backs all out with injuries. Our bench was 2 left backs, a defensive midfielder and a goalkeeper. I am amazed at the result considering the makeshift side we put out.

Amazing performance from Lincoln, just please don't repeat it next Tuesday.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Possibly our best away performance since returning to the league in 2017 all things considered, the two teams league position pre match, us only having 15 players available.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Well relegation is well and truly back on.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Well relegation is well and truly back on.
I doubt it. You've probably just lost a bit of momentum after a covid break. We've been the same. We've won 1, drawn 1 and lost 1 since coming back, but probably deserved to lose all three. We've been particularly lacklustre in the second half.

MK Dons at the weekend. First game at Fratton since 11th December. On current form we'll be lucky to scrape a point.

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95
MK Dons at the weekend. First game at Fratton since 11th December. On current form we'll be lucky to scrape a point.
That’s really interesting given how your form looks on paper because I feel the exact same that I’d take a point right now. I don’t think we’ve ever won at Fratton Park and we’ll go into it with either a brand new keeper on one or no training sessions, or Franco who for all we praised him at the game on Tuesday is still a relative novice and wasn’t even truly tested, something which I can’t see happening again this weekend.

Caer

Reaction score
Supports
Sunderland

Our Sporting Director released a statement before the Wycombe game saying that we "would not compromise the integrity of the competition" by calling off the game due to covid cases. As a result we called back a few of the loans (which i think may be an EFL directive) and put some kids on the bench.

What I think was the actual point of the statement was to say to the EFL 'we're making do, so should everybody else' aimed presumably at Wigan.

As you can tell, it's working out great so far.

NorthernSoul

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan Athletic
Why can't you just show Lincoln City some respect and say they were the better team and Lincoln had more players missing than Sunderland! Why do Sunderland fans have to find excuses whenever they lose and never, ever credit the opposing team as if it's Sunderlands define right to win every game because they have a large population?

Maybe your manager shouldn't go round fighting people, might be a starter.

As for the bizarre aimed at Wigan dig, if teams playing us keep getting permission to cancel by the EFL and then we on several different match days contact teams to try and rearrange and they point blank refuse to and the EFL offers no help by saying they don't have to rearrange games if they don't want, how exactly are Wigan supposed to play games?

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
That’s really interesting given how your form looks on paper because I feel the exact same that I’d take a point right now.
Yes, the form table is misleading as it's mainly from November games. We've only played one league game and two pizza cup games since our Covid break.

We were lucky to get a point at Cambridge in the league game. Played against 10 men for the last 30 minutes and created nothing.

I think we'll need to score early as we're tailing off badly in the second half at the moment. If you can go in at half time level then we may be there for the taking late on.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Well that was a stressful game last night. The ref had absaloutly no control or idea from start to finish. I've never seen a ref have to constantly get bailed out by the linesmen and 4th official as much last night. I thought we had very strong claims for atleast 2 pens. Then the debacle for the injury time disallowed goal was farcical. Luckily they got the right decision in the end.

All in all I thought we deserved it and played ok. Certainly alot of fight and effort. Chris Long worked his absaloute socks off upfront, he's such a miss when he's not playing, I'm pretty certain we would have more points had he not been missing for as much of the season as he has.

Now we move onto Shrewsbury at home on Saturday. They've been in decent form, especially former Crewe man Udoh. Weve not managed back to back wins yet this season and if we're going to have any chance staying up were going to have to start doing that. Atleast after last night I'm going into this weekend looking forward to it.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Why can't you just show Lincoln City some respect and say they were the better team and Lincoln had more players missing than Sunderland! Why do Sunderland fans have to find excuses whenever they lose and never, ever credit the opposing team as if it's Sunderlands define right to win every game because they have a large population?

Maybe your manager shouldn't go round fighting people, might be a starter.

As for the bizarre aimed at Wigan dig, if teams playing us keep getting permission to cancel by the EFL and then we on several different match days contact teams to try and rearrange and they point blank refuse to and the EFL offers no help by saying they don't have to rearrange games if they don't want, how exactly are Wigan supposed to play games?

If you get the same understanding as we did, see below.

On 5 March 2021, Rotherham announced a second COVID-19 outbreak at the club, causing the postponement of games against Brentford and Luton Town, the latter of which had already been moved once due to Luton's appearance in the FA Cup fourth round.[19] On 9 March, further positive COVID-19 tests were announced, and the game against Coventry City was postponed.[20]At this stage, with the Luton and Coventry games yet to be rescheduled, the club had only one free midweek slot left in the calendar.[21]

By 8 April 2021, the club faced a run-in which entailed playing ten games in 28 days, including four in nine days between 10 April and 18 April.

As a team that relies on getting results by outworking opposing teams, we were screwed and they effectively relegated us.

WhiteRussian

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
That’s really interesting given how your form looks on paper because I feel the exact same that I’d take a point right now. I don’t think we’ve ever won at Fratton Park and we’ll go into it with either a brand new keeper on one or no training sessions, or Franco who for all we praised him at the game on Tuesday is still a relative novice and wasn’t even truly tested, something which I can’t see happening again this weekend.
Franco is fine as a back up keeper but that's it. With the best will in the world, if we don't get a new keeper in or if we get a back up and have Fanco as No.1 we will be found out sooner rather than later. Saying that, a point at Portsmouth would be good whatever the circumstances.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
I doubt it. You've probably just lost a bit of momentum after a covid break. We've been the same. We've won 1, drawn 1 and lost 1 since coming back, but probably deserved to lose all three. We've been particularly lacklustre in the second half.

This losing run started before Christmas and the covid break!

We’ve reverted back to the hideous Nigel Adkins side.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Cambridge for us tomorrow.

Bad news this morning that Montsma did his ACL against Oxford and is out for 9 months or so. Leaves us with no CB's any time soon so we'll have to dip into the transfer market to sort that one out.

Scully missed the Sunderland game because of a slight reaction to his return from injury but Appleton is hoping he'll be available. And then we have the other three or four absentees.

huddsmoose

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Could be goals galore then - we've only had one fit CB the past few weeks although we've got Sherring in on loan now. Remains to be seen if Bonner will trust a very inexperienced CB pairing of him and Okedina though. Iredale may continue there.

Patch em up and go again for us, we don't really have anyone fit to rest those that are playing. Wes unexpectedly played Tuesday night so presumably won't be in the team tomorrow. Smith is still suspended I think.

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united
Could be goals galore then - we've only had one fit CB the past few weeks although we've got Sherring in on loan now. Remains to be seen if Bonner will trust a very inexperienced CB pairing of him and Okedina though. Iredale may continue there.

Patch em up and go again for us, we don't really have anyone fit to rest those that are playing. Wes unexpectedly played Tuesday night so presumably won't be in the team tomorrow. Smith is still suspended I think.
I think smith’s sending off was two yellows so should be back for this although I’ve got to say that knibbs has done fantastically well filling in for him, which was surprising.

sounds like both teams have injuries and are plugging gaps, fingers crossed we can keep it tight.

KTF

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Top versus bottom tomorrow, Fleetwood v Millers and the home side can look back on their away win against the visitors earlier in the season as a confidence booster. It was a shock back then and certainly expect no repeat. We have bolstered the squad with Ellis Harrison and Toto, both were/are positions where we needed strengthening so will be interesting to see how these guys perform. I'm hoping for a draw which will be a creditable result

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
Burton for us in the first game after Evans welcome departure.
Even if we lose if we can just get the ball on the floor and play some football it will be a breath of fresh air after the last two and a half years!

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Top versus bottom tomorrow, Fleetwood v Millers and the home side can look back on their away win against the visitors earlier in the season as a confidence booster. It was a shock back then and certainly expect no repeat. We have bolstered the squad with Ellis Harrison and Toto, both were/are positions where we needed strengthening so will be interesting to see how these guys perform. I'm hoping for a draw which will be a creditable result

We've never won in 3 attempts at Highbury but hoping for at least a point this time.
Staying over and I hate it when you do that and lose, it just makes you want to go home.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
We've never won in 3 attempts at Highbury but hoping for at least a point this time.
Staying over and I hate it when you do that and lose, it just makes you want to go home.
Presume your staying in Blackpool mate do enjoy, just not the football -at least not too much Some good chippies in town, Poulton Road near the Strawberry Gardens Pub and Albert Square

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Presume your staying in Blackpool mate do enjoy, just not the football -at least not too much Some good chippies in town, Poulton Road near the Strawberry Gardens Pub and Albert Square

No the North Euston hotel, Fleetwood is fine for one night.
I'll be hiding under the bed anyway if we lose :whistle:

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Not sure how Shrewsbury are favourites to win on our patch.
I must be missing something.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I think smith’s sending off was two yellows so should be back for this although I’ve got to say that knibbs has done fantastically well filling in for him, which was surprising.

sounds like both teams have injuries and are plugging gaps, fingers crossed we can keep it tight.

KTF

Would definitely take a draw, just to get our points total moving again before two home games next week. After our tough run in November and December, the two covid postponements and our cup exploits we’re a bit closer to relegation than I’d like. The next few games are key to building a gap again.

Tea Towel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Nearly half way through January and we still haven’t signed any defenders we’ve been desperate for for the best part of 3 months. Pretty confident if we play 3-5-2 tomorrow then we will lose again.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Nearly half way through January and we still haven’t signed any defenders we’ve been desperate for for the best part of 3 months. Pretty confident if we play 3-5-2 tomorrow then we will lose again.
I think we have gotten over the blip in that the defence has got its mojo back and have had three clean sheets in a row. However, the banjo and the barn door are still not threatened enough. Scoring only one last week was bizarre, we should have had more. Obviously, we’ll miss Pan out in Afcon, but 20 year old Randell looked good last week, though he is more of a passer than Pan who is more of a disrupter. Bottom line, who knows what will happen tomorrow.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
No the North Euston hotel, Fleetwood is fine for one night.
I'll be hiding under the bed anyway if we lose :whistle:
It's a really good hotel, we go there at least once a month for meals. Jewel in the crown for Fleetwood , got married there, been to wakes and countless other events. Be happy to meet you before game and buy you a pint

Tea Towel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
I think we have gotten over the blip in that the defence has got its mojo back and have had three clean sheets in a row. However, the banjo and the barn door are still not threatened enough. Scoring only one last week was bizarre, we should have had more. Obviously, we’ll miss Pan out in Afcon, but 20 year old Randell looked good last week, though he is more of a passer than Pan who is more of a disrupter. Bottom line, who knows what will happen tomorrow.

I’ve just read that we should have Windass and Luongo back tomorrow too. 2 players who make a big difference so that does make me a bit more hopeful but as I say, it’s the defence that is concerning me. You will definitely get chances.

Do you have many missing with COVID/Isolating or has nothing been said?

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
We have the return of the Not A Local Derby as we host Oxford at home.

We’ve taken 11 pts out of the last 6 games, they’ve taken 10, so not much in it form-wise. Anyone’s guess how this one will go.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
I’ve just read that we should have Windass and Luongo back tomorrow too. 2 players who make a big difference so that does make me a bit more hopeful but as I say, it’s the defence that is concerning me. You will definitely get chances.

Do you have many missing with COVID/Isolating or has nothing been said?
i read Luongo is back but not Windass. Guess we’ll find out.

We had a few out for the Xmas and New Year games, and four were out for last week. I know they are back as Schuey mentioned it this week, whether anymore are out I don’t know. Pan is in Cameroon and Gallaway is injured for rest of the season.

edited to add: Hardie hurt his shoulder last week so suspect he will be missing

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!