Tues 14/Fri 17/Sat 18 March

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Fair play to Burton, better team on the day won that.

For us I think today is the kind of performance from a few of our players that suggests they won’t be long for this club come the summer time and they know it. Pett was excellent for us but other than it was slim pickings. Burton made a good signing in that lad Taylor up front.
Obviously i enjoyed that - you just look like you are on the beach. Your players look ready for their holidays. We had more to play for.
Now which side street did I park my car ?

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
Wow. That level of football has no place in this league.

6 wins in a row, 7 clean sheets. Best run since 1981.

Men against boys today, and that's not disrespect to Shrewsbury, we just played them off the park.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Obviously i enjoyed that - you just look like you are on the beach. Your players look ready for their holidays. We had more to play for.
Now which side street did I park my car ?

While I will always want us to win I am not displeased we will now likely be having you as an away day again next season. Does seem we are going to be having a lot of dead rubbers the rest of the way.

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Yeah the first goal was clearly offside but I felt we were a level above a poor Bristol Rovers side today. Too many of their players looked like they wanted the season to end already.

Joey Barton's post-match interview should be interesting...

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
One of the finest results in Fleetwood's long history. Mighty Derby County 0 Little old Fleetwood 2
Quite outstanding and an indication of the superb work being done at the club by Scott Brown and his backroom team, and of course the players. Chance to finish in the top half ( just ) which would be fantastic progress from last season
Pray for that odd Derby fan on here

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Yeah the first goal was clearly offside but I felt we were a level above a poor Bristol Rovers side today. Too many of their players looked like they wanted the season to end already.

Sweet. Let that chip on his shoulder grow even more.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
We lost today because we played like we're safe and on the beach whereas Burton played like there in a relegation battle and ran there socks off and got a deserved win. If the players are going keep putting in these half arsed performances then we may aswell recall plant and McDermott from there loans at Salisbury and put them 2 17 year olds in the team as at least they will put the effort in as most of these first team players won't now we're safe.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
If the back 3 next week is agayakwa Smith and Donnelly then we will lose 8 nil next week. Everytime we get injuries it's always the same position it was all strikers out in Jan and Feb and now we have Cass Forrester Jones all centre backs injured.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
If the back 3 next week is agayakwa Smith and Donnelly then we will lose 8 nil next week. Everytime we get injuries it's always the same position it was all strikers out in Jan and Feb and now we have Cass Forrester Jones all centre backs injured.
Agyakwa looked like he’d won a competition when he came on!

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Funny how fans see things differently I thought we were the better side and had chances to win, for the second time this week.
We didn't take out chances again but I thought Portsmouth would be better than that.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I'm also in favour of ending the season now.

Even the local media have started calling us dull and boring, which we all know anyway, but those in radio/papers with access to the Club at whatever level usually bite their tongue for a little bit don't they but it's never a good sign then they start trotting those lines out as well.

Not helped today by injuries and suspensions now, I think between Thursday and the final whistle today we've lost 5 players!

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Typical. On top, miss a penalty then Aimson slips on the atrocious pitch and lets them in
There's a million things you can criticise us for today, our shithousing, the shit food and extortionate prices in the ground, the fact we only sing when we're winning, but there was nothing atrocious about our pitch.

We were fantastic today, Exeter are a good team and we pressed them brilliantly in the first half, which makes me question why we haven't done it all season. In real time I thought the pen was soft, but numerous people have told me it was nailed on so I'll give the ref the benefit of the doubt. It was great to see Keena finally get on the scoresheet.

Second half, we invited the pressure too much and it was a matter of time before Exeter got the equaliser. Demetri Mitchell was the most dangerous player on the pitch the whole game, and his ball for Key was brilliant. Ironically, some Exeter idiot threw a smoke-bomb on the pitch and that killed their momentum and allowed us to regroup. That we scored almost immediately afterwards killed them completely and the win was comfortable in the end.

If you had offered me 6 points off Exeter after we got dicked 7-0 by them in August, I'd have laughed in your face - yet here we are.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
There's a million things you can criticise us for today, our shithousing, the shit food and extortionate prices in the ground, the fact we only sing when we're winning, but there was nothing atrocious about our pitch.

We were fantastic today, Exeter are a good team and we pressed them brilliantly in the first half, which makes me question why we haven't done it all season. In real time I thought the pen was soft, but numerous people have told me it was nailed on so I'll give the ref the benefit of the doubt. It was great to see Keena finally get on the scoresheet.

Second half, we invited the pressure too much and it was a matter of time before Exeter got the equaliser. Demetri Mitchell was the most dangerous player on the pitch the whole game, and his ball for Key was brilliant. Ironically, some Exeter idiot threw a smoke-bomb on the pitch and that killed their momentum and allowed us to regroup. That we scored almost immediately afterwards killed them completely and the win was comfortable in the end.

If you had offered me 6 points off Exeter after we got dicked 7-0 by them in August, I'd have laughed in your face - yet here we are.
What?
First of all, the pitch was atrocious. It was embarrassing. You really need to have a word with your ground staff, it was like a conference pitch.
Secondly, fantastic? When we equalised, we were easily the best side. We should have gone on to win it, but that utter bellend with the smoke bomb, coupled with making two subs, completely changed the momentum. We can't complain after such poor defending, but at 1-1 the game was there for the taking and we didn't do it. I think to some extent the eye has gone off the ball now we are safe, having only one proper centre half, and no Brown (who is also our penalty taker) doesn't help.
Hopefully we will take points off you next season, when it really matters.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Taking time to digest today but that was massively disappointing after recent weeks, we had the perfect start as well and at that point felt like could this be the day we hand that pasting we’ve been threatening?

Nope. Sloppy defending, possibly offside but play to the whistle and it’s 1-1, Taylor with a horrific miss then the moment came we had been hearing. With no senior fit centre halves left Forrester picks up an injury… time for Agyakwa to make his league debut… the same lad we sent on loan to Chorley and he couldn’t get it.

Crickey. I hope it was just nerves or we are in deep trouble if Forrester isn’t back asap or Cass.

Second half worst possible start, haven’t seen it back, fans down that end seem convinced it was a dive and their left back and 10 had been throwing themselves to the floor first half but personally haven’t seen it back to give an opinion.

Decided then to throw a barely fit Wilson on with Massey who’s been out of weeks and Politic. Donnelley had a shitter again for their third which was somewhat against the play before we got a 2nd to make a tense finish… had a bit of huff and puff but looked half arsed if I’m honest.

Strange day, whole home performance and support seemed half arsed, more strange was the Burton fans seemingly trying to create a rivalry with chants about us which was cute but really bizarre! Don’t think we’ve ever had any beef or interest in it with Burton but was almost like they’d morphed in Crewe fans. If anything a few of our fans seem to more have a soft spot for them so a bit of an odd one but flattering I guess in a way.

DC not happy, rightly so but not many positives, oddly we often win scoring 1 but lose often scoring 2! That’s the third 2-3 this season.

Worries now regarding the back three, we are getting panned next week with that back three and the Cambridge game the week after looks a biggy to ensure we get the points we need to stay in the division.

Probably the poorest home result of the season and the first time we’ve really let ourselves down at Vale Park against a side around or below us but need to get the points we need asap to avoid getting dragged into the mix.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Taking time to digest today but that was massively disappointing after recent weeks, we had the perfect start as well and at that point felt like could this be the day we hand that pasting we’ve been threatening?

Nope. Sloppy defending, possibly offside but play to the whistle and it’s 1-1, Taylor with a horrific miss then the moment came we had been hearing. With no senior fit centre halves left Forrester picks up an injury… time for Agyakwa to make his league debut… the same lad we sent on loan to Chorley and he couldn’t get it.

Crickey. I hope it was just nerves or we are in deep trouble if Forrester isn’t back asap or Cass.

Second half worst possible start, haven’t seen it back, fans down that end seem convinced it was a dive and their left back and 10 had been throwing themselves to the floor first half but personally haven’t seen it back to give an opinion.

Decided then to throw a barely fit Wilson on with Massey who’s been out of weeks and Politic. Donnelley had a shitter again for their third which was somewhat against the play before we got a 2nd to make a tense finish… had a bit of huff and puff but looked half arsed if I’m honest.

Strange day, whole home performance and support seemed half arsed, more strange was the Burton fans seemingly trying to create a rivalry with chants about us which was cute but really bizarre! Don’t think we’ve ever had any beef or interest in it with Burton but was almost like they’d morphed in Crewe fans. If anything a few of our fans seem to more have a soft spot for them so a bit of an odd one but flattering I guess in a way.

DC not happy, rightly so but not many positives, oddly we often win scoring 1 but lose often scoring 2! That’s the third 2-3 this season.

Worries now regarding the back three, we are getting panned next week with that back three and the Cambridge game the week after looks a biggy to ensure we get the points we need to stay in the division.

Probably the poorest home result of the season and the first time we’ve really let ourselves down at Vale Park against a side around or below us but need to get the points we need asap to avoid getting dragged into the mix.
It was a definite penalty for me pushed the player to the floor. Next week is basically trying to avoid a tonking but very likely that it will happen.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It was a definite penalty for me pushed the player to the floor. Next week is basically trying to avoid a tonking but very likely that it will happen.
Smudge had a knock too so we might end up with only two centre halves, one who’s played 60 minutes of league football and one who’s played 12 games…

Letting Hall go and not replacing him is looking criminal now.

mozzavale

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You have us down for 8 - 0 loss every week Andy, so over the top.

Burton were masters of getting the ref on their side. He was so poor, whoever got him on side was going to get every decision go their way and that's how it panned out.

Not blaming Burton, if you can get away with it you have to do it. But how their keeper didn't get booked is hilarious. The ref lost complete control. The penalty looked very very soft. Naive from Donnelly putting his hands on him. There was no push he just felt the touch and fell over. Ref fell for it hook line and sinker, as did a lot of our fans to be honest so can see why it was given.

We're not going down though. So many of our fans embarrassing themselves wetting the bed thinking we're as good as in league 2. Get a grip we're 9 points above the drop with enough teams between us as a nice buffer. One lad on twitter was so thick he said we need 3 wins stay up...53 points .

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion

That’s just some of our younger support - they do it at most grounds. They are embarrassing at times but at least have a sing. And we need all the support we can get.
We don’t see you as a local derby - as you don’t us, we have always took more to chesterfield and notts county. We are both nestled at the extreme ends of Staffordshire so it must be about 45 miles which is never local.
That said didn’t take me long to get back over here - 50 mins with no traffic.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Burton were masters of getting the ref on their side. He was so poor, whoever got him on side was going to get every decision go their way and that's how it panned out.

Not blaming Burton, if you can get away with it you have to do it. But how their keeper didn't get booked is hilarious. The ref lost complete control. The penalty looked very very soft. Naive from Donnelly putting his hands on him. There was no push he just felt the touch and fell over. Ref fell for it hook line and sinker, as did a lot of our fans to be honest so can see why it was given.

We're not going down though. So many of our fans embarrassing themselves wetting the bed thinking we're as good as in league 2. Get a grip we're 9 points above the drop with enough teams between us as a nice buffer. One lad on twitter was so thick he said we need 3 wins stay up...53 points .
My worry is if we lose Forrester and or Smith now for weeks. We could lose every game in that instance as we basically have no defence in that scenario!

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion

You are been a bit disingenuous there. The ref was not on our side as much as you state. You lost because you were not good enough on the day. We were better. It happens.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You are been a bit disingenuous there. The ref was not on our side as much as you state. You lost because you were not good enough on the day. We were better. It happens.
He was a bit, soft penalty (allegedly), first goal possibly offside and gave a couple of ridiculous decisions, including the one which saw Conlon go off.

He’s a poor referee, he went in our favour at Derby and gave one of the worst penalty decisions I’ve seen against Sunderland last season in the cup so it’s one of them referees you hope you fall on the right side of.

The only decision i will give him credit for is when your lad went down first half rolling around when both players went high foot and he wasn’t even close to being touched (oddly which then broke your way and you had to stop the breakaway because he was still rolling about).

We were off it though so it’s no excuse, we should of been getting something from that today and any performance similar to the last 4 or 5 probably does get us a win but we had a stinker and will inquest it no doubt and try and put it right I’m sure.

Just want to get the last couple of points needed and get to the summer now as I’m pretty fed up of this season now.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
That’s just some of our younger support - they do it at most grounds. They are embarrassing at times but at least have a sing. And we need all the support we can get.
We don’t see you as a local derby - as you don’t us, we have always took more to chesterfield and notts county. We are both nestled at the extreme ends of Staffordshire so it must be about 45 miles which is never local.
That said didn’t take me long to get back over here - 50 mins with no traffic.
I don’t know some of your players as manager seem to be raving about this new “Derby” now you’ve won against us.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I agree actually. You were better than Wycombe and Barnsley who have been on really good runs and yet they beat us more comfortably. The penalty was very soft, nobody really appealed which is a sure sign it's not a penalty but I thought the ref was pretty weak throughout. I've seen it back too...everybody on both sides looked amazed that it had been given. Goalkeeper was pathetic but a lot of sides do it (except us for some reason).

A Dino (ex Stevenage) side was always going to have some of the dark arts. I fully expected this before the game. We always struggle against it and get frustrated instead of trying to do it ourselves. Should have been at least 10-12 minutes added on at the end too. There were a few stoppages for injuries, substitutions, the penalty, general time wasting...who adds up the additional time?

I felt Burton won it, not because they were scintillating, but because they wanted it more. They won second balls and every player ran themselves into the ground.

Our players looked either like they knew they'll be released at the end of the season or they're just going through the motions as we're unlikely to go down. No real running or desire.

Our poorest result of the season by some distance.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
I don’t know some of your players as manager seem to be raving about this new “Derby” now you’ve won against us.
Derby will always be the one we look for. Will never change. God knows why they would say that. I can’t wait for the derby fixture - and it’s coming round quick.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
I agree actually. You were better than Wycombe and Barnsley who have been on really good runs and yet they beat us more comfortably. The penalty was very soft, nobody really appealed which is a sure sign it's not a penalty but I thought the ref was pretty weak throughout. I've seen it back too...everybody on both sides looked amazed that it had been given. Goalkeeper was pathetic but a lot of sides do it (except us for some reason).

A Dino (ex Stevenage) side was always going to have some of the dark arts. I fully expected this before the game. We always struggle against it and get frustrated instead of trying to do it ourselves. Should have been at least 10-12 minutes added on at the end too. There were a few stoppages for injuries, substitutions, the penalty, general time wasting...who adds up the additional time?

I felt Burton won it, not because they were scintillating, but because they wanted it more. They won second balls and every player ran themselves into the ground.

Our players looked either like they knew they'll be released at the end of the season or they're just going through the motions as we're unlikely to go down. No real running or desire.

Our poorest result of the season by some distance.
Dino is not popular with most of us. The dark arts still exists but nowhere near Stevenage days.
The football at times is turgid, average mostly and good rarely. Home support has dropped 750-1000 and away too, But I can’t fault his work ethic. The players do give 100% which is why we won today.
And in fairness when he took over we were nailed on going down.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale

To be honest you will have probably only seen my posts on here since Christmas as I didn't have the time or wasn't well enough to post on here much. Since Christmas though I'd have a guess that apart from forest green no team has got less points than us. Basically if we hadn't got the 30 points by Christmas then we would be going down in my opion. Also the performances at home have been shocking recently. We should have strengthened the squad in January not weakened it as every other club improved there squad.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
To be honest you will have probably only seen my posts on here since Christmas as I didn't have the time or wasn't well enough to post on here much. Since Christmas though I'd have a guess that apart from forest green no team has got less points than us. Basically if we hadn't got the 30 points by Christmas then we would be going down in my opion. Also the performances at home have been shocking recently. We should have strengthened the squad in January not weakened it as every other club improved there squad.
Oxford, Cambridge certainly have less than us since Xmas… only them two remain below us last 12 aside from FGR but have to remember we won 2 from 3 before those 12 since Boxing Day.

We would be in trouble without that start, 32 points first 23 so 12 since isn’t great but I sense a huge clear out in the summer.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
What?
First of all, the pitch was atrocious. It was embarrassing. You really need to have a word with your ground staff, it was like a conference pitch.
Secondly, fantastic? When we equalised, we were easily the best side. We should have gone on to win it, but that utter bellend with the smoke bomb, coupled with making two subs, completely changed the momentum. We can't complain after such poor defending, but at 1-1 the game was there for the taking and we didn't do it. I think to some extent the eye has gone off the ball now we are safe, having only one proper centre half, and no Brown (who is also our penalty taker) doesn't help.
Hopefully we will take points off you next season, when it really matters.
Behave, our pitch is a hell of a lot better than most in this league, that's a shit excuse.

We were good today - as Si says, we pressed really well forcing loads of errors from your defenders and we always looked like scoring when we went forward. You had lots of possession and played some decent stuff, but rarely did anything to trouble our keeper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yellowman

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!