Tuesday 20th Fixtures, full set!

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
That Yems interview, questions weren't that offensive. He'd better be a good manager if he's going to act like that, fans/local media will turn very quickly as soon as they lose a few.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Don’t know why anyone would be surprised that the Vale fans are gobby. This is the season they thought that HMS Piss The League were going to peek out of Stoke’s shadow. Turns out the sunglasses they had on in anticipation were rose-tinted.

Dont think a single Vale fan said we would piss the league... I think Dan's banter has been taken a little too seriously!

We expect with an improved squad on last season a play off challenge minimum but as I have myself said multiple times you only have to look at Notts, Mansfield etc to see that on paper doesn't always translate.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Just listened to Mark Cooper's interview after loss at Colchester.
I don't think anybody has heard him so relaxed and complimentary towards his own team after a defeat.
He had four of his 1st team missing but did not use that as an excuse for losing game as others would.
For those who watch video he will go up in their estimation.

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners

Ollie's Post Match Interview; obviously upset.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I like abrasive managers. We had it with Richard Money and it was great fun.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I like abrasive managers. We had it with Richard Money and it was great fun.

Some of Micky Adams interviews were gold to be fair... The Dario Gradi clashes and after facing Steve Evans for the first time were highlights.

It made Praise and Grumble interesting at least.

When we played Shortwood a reporter asked if he could watch the team talk so Micky let him in and proceeded with the team talking along the lines of "This t*** is in here because he wants to see you fall flat on your faces tonight!"

I miss the days under the Messiah.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Some of Micky Adams interviews were gold to be fair... The Dario Gradi clashes and after facing Steve Evans for the first time were highlights.

It made Praise and Grumble interesting at least.

When we played Shortwood a reporter asked if he could watch the team talk so Micky let him in and proceeded with the team talking along the lines of "This t*** is in here because he wants to see you fall flat on your faces tonight!"

I miss the days under the Messiah.

Some of the ones under Brian Horton especially when it was Bowers doing them were just downright awkward at times.

Adams was more just a sarcy git, always knew it was coming with him when there was about 10 seconds of dead air after the question was asked of him. Probably his best one was transfer listing the whole squad after we lost at Notts.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Some of the ones under Brian Horton especially when it was Bowers doing them were just downright awkward at times.

Adams was more just a sarcy git, always knew it was coming with him when there was about 10 seconds of dead air after the question was asked of him. Probably his best one was transfer listing the whole squad after we lost at Notts.

That was funny, they had spunked loads of money and a top squad and we competed fairly well but he was furious! That was his "A lady with a big furry coat and no knickers" rant.

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Another game, another loss, 1-0 to Newport this time. Fell behind early, nailed on pen as Coker tripped Shepard in the box. We'd actually started the game quite well, Newton hit the crossbar within the first couple of minutes but as soon as we fell behind it was basically curtains for us.

Neither side really looked like adding to the score, Newport dealt with our powder puff effort to come back into the game, bar one decent chance for Aitchison we didn't come close to scoring. Newport were just much more savvy than we were and were comfortable for the most part.

In recent matches it's looked more and more apparent that this side isn't that much better than last season, we're hanging in games, much like we were under Mark Sampson during his interim spell as manager last season. Sampson's still at the club so it's probably not that surprising.

We desperately need to evolve our style of play, playing in the fashion we have vs Salford, Forest Green and today just isn't going to get us the desired results. I want to see us take teams on, throw bodies forward and actually work the goalkeeper. In the three matches mentioned we've had 4 shots on target, you just can't win matches playing in such a negative and unimaginative style.

Orient on Saturday, get your money on Orient to win to nil, 1-0 and 2-0 correct score, no way we're going to win if something doesn't change.
I mean, to be frank Stevenage should be in the National League this season, you were so poor last year and stayed up in the luckiest of circumstances (or unluckiest depending on your PoV), so it's really just a stay of execution.

Fully expect you and Saaaafend to go down this year (though I wouldn't mind at all if scunthorpe also dropped given their disgusting play at Plymouth a couple of years back).

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Our media friendly manager is at it again.

This time the questions are ridiculous and he doesn't give a " monkeys" what people in the stand think!

The people who are normally in the stand pay a fair chunk of your wages and if you upset them and the media you are going to be in the dole queue soon. Lighten up ffs.

The thing is it wasn't a bad performance, we didn't score the goals we should have and we lost to a keepers error but the way he's speaking you'd think we had just been spanked and the fans were on his back.

Casey
Blimey, and I used to think Tisdale had a bad relationship with the media/ fans!

As others have said, Crawley had us on the ropes first half and we have to thank Lewis Ward for keeping us in it.

Second half was better and I am delighted for Bowman to get a goal, even if it was a bit fortunate. He gets so much stick despite scoring 15 times last season, which I can’t get my head around, so fair play to him.

5 unbeaten now and Scunny at home on Saturday. We should win that but we need to start much much better.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Blimey, and I used to think Tisdale had a bad relationship with the media/ fans!

As others have said, Crawley had us on the ropes first half and we have to thank Lewis Ward for keeping us in it.

Second half was better and I am delighted for Bowman to get a goal, even if it was a bit fortunate. He gets so much stick despite scoring 15 times last season, which I can’t get my head around, so fair play to him.

5 unbeaten now and Scunny at home on Saturday. We should win that but we need to start much much better.
Ward did well but was also part of the problem with his distribution, how many times did he kick it straight out for a Crawley throw, just for them to come back down and attack again.

I think Bowman gets stick because he is compared too closely with Stockley

Valiant Tyler

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Ni disrespect to Cambridge, but I thought last night they were there to be beaten. First half we matched them, and looking at our bench, I thought we had a great chance of winning the game. But we did nothing for 20 minutes in the second half and were crying out for changes. Robinson was starting to blow out of his arse, and he and Whitehead, who was poor again all game, should have made way for Rodney and Pope on 60/65 minutes. To bring them on with less than 10 minutes of normal time remaining was criminal. Our 2nd half performance was so dissapointing. We went backwards while Cambridge maintained there level. But overall I didn't see a massive difference in quality all over the pitch. The biggest difference by a country mile was that they have what will be a 20+ goals a season striker up top and we have Pope, Cullen and Robinson who although all decent players and capable of goals, none of them are good enough to cement a place in the side every week for different reasons. And without Oyeleke, who I'm sick of mentioning now because he's a crock basically, our midfield three almost have a personal competition between themselves to see who's the slowest. I've seen roadkill move quicker than those wankers.

There's no way on Earth we should be 13th with the players we have. Yeah, it's still early on and I only see us improving, but Askey so far is making a right pigs ear of what should be a genuine play-off challenge. It's fortunate we started with 2 wins otherwise I dread to think where we would be in the table right now. Not good enough so far, nowhere near.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Ni disrespect to Cambridge, but I thought last night they were there to be beaten. First half we matched them, and looking at our bench, I thought we had a great chance of winning the game. But we did nothing for 20 minutes in the second half and were crying out for changes. Robinson was starting to blow out of his arse, and he and Whitehead, who was poor again all game, should have made way for Rodney and Pope on 60/65 minutes. To bring them on with less than 10 minutes of normal time remaining was criminal. Our 2nd half performance was so dissapointing. We went backwards while Cambridge maintained there level. But overall I didn't see a massive difference in quality all over the pitch. The biggest difference by a country mile was that they have what will be a 20+ goals a season striker up top and we have Pope, Cullen and Robinson who although all decent players and capable of goals, none of them are good enough to cement a place in the side every week for different reasons. And without Oyeleke, who I'm sick of mentioning now because he's a crock basically, our midfield three almost have a personal competition between themselves to see who's the slowest. I've seen roadkill move quicker than those wankers.

There's no way on Earth we should be 13th with the players we have. Yeah, it's still early on and I only see us improving, but Askey so far is making a right pigs ear of what should be a genuine play-off challenge. It's fortunate we started with 2 wins otherwise I dread to think where we would be in the table right now. Not good enough so far, nowhere near.

To be fair look at the table and we've played no one in the bottom half yet and 5 of the current top 7 and are or have been missing for a large portion of the season 8 or 9 key players. Our record is not bad but bang average, won as many as lost so I think its frustrating but an over reaction at this stage.

If we pick up 2 or 3 wins out the next 4 and we are back up there and positive again. Last night was frustrating as at half time I felt we were getting stronger and looking the more likely but second half we dropped off the pace and made a couple of sloppy errors that cost us and the games got away. They've got a player bang in form and likely we wouldn't have been punished as easily by most other sides... although watching their third goal looks really bad from our back line, Scotty has done everything right to push him wide and Rodders is stood on the 6 yard line and makes no affect to run back on the line to deal with it! Criminal.

Valiant Tyler

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
To be fair look at the table and we've played no one in the bottom half yet and 5 of the current top 7 and are or have been missing for a large portion of the season 8 or 9 key players. Our record is not bad but bang average, won as many as lost so I think its frustrating but an over reaction at this stage.

If we pick up 2 or 3 wins out the next 4 and we are back up there and positive again. Last night was frustrating as at half time I felt we were getting stronger and looking the more likely but second half we dropped off the pace and made a couple of sloppy errors that cost us and the games got away. They've got a player bang in form and likely we wouldn't have been punished as easily by most other sides... although watching their third goal looks really bad from our back line, Scotty has done everything right to push him wide and Rodders is stood on the 6 yard line and makes no affect to run back on the line to deal with it! Criminal.

We all know that we generally play better against the better sides. We're about to play a bunch of Morecambe's, hopeless chancers who close their eyes and hope for the best, and we all know how our recent game with them went. The poorer sides in this league sit in with 10 or 11 behind the ball, and that's us done for basically.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I'm still bitterly disappointed with only getting a point off Oldham last night, though on the upside we've come a long way in a short space of time if we're now unhappy with a point away from home.

The downside to that is that we're still at a stage where the season could go either way, and every win brings you closer to genuine promotion contender territory, whereas a couple of draws could see you drop into mid-table. We're playing in a way that should see us scoring more goals and if we're not scoring many then you'll always end up drawing a lot of games. You'll always concede goals such as the one we conceded last night, where you can't really fault any of your players too much for it, it was just a brilliant bit of skill from two Oldham players.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Some of our fans are genuinely wanting Askey gone and Alexander in!! :ffs:

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Our media friendly manager is at it again.

This time the questions are ridiculous and he doesn't give a " monkeys" what people in the stand think!

The people who are normally in the stand pay a fair chunk of your wages and if you upset them and the media you are going to be in the dole queue soon. Lighten up ffs.

The thing is it wasn't a bad performance, we didn't score the goals we should have and we lost to a keepers error but the way he's speaking you'd think we had just been spanked and the fans were on his back.

Casey
I've been tuning in most weeks now to his interviews - I think they're great! That one is not the best one he's done, but its up there!

tommytit

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Surprised at how little Tranmere offered in the final third. Our defence is a shambles and only needs some pressing for us to gift a goal or two. We managed the match well enough and had a couple of decent chances, especially the earlier shot on the turn by Johnson that he fired over, he really should have buried that.

Got a phone call mid match from a doctor to inform me I've got coronavirus. Just been moved to Belgium for work and then I go and catch that straight away, decent start to my stint here. Luckily it's just very mild symptoms!

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners
Surprised at how little Tranmere offered in the final third. Our defence is a shambles and only needs some pressing for us to gift a goal or two. We managed the match well enough and had a couple of decent chances, especially the earlier shot on the turn by Johnson that he fired over, he really should have buried that.

Got a phone call mid match from a doctor to inform me I've got coronavirus. Just been moved to Belgium for work and then I go and catch that straight away, decent start to my stint here. Luckily it's just very mild symptoms!
And all the bars are closed too! Bad time to be in Belgium when you can't get some or their fantastic beers in a pub.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United

A lot of if's and but's in your explanation for a team that could have put us to the sword IF certain things were different.

We have played 7 games and we've played Yourselves, Exeter, Newport and Tranmere and are still top of the league. Despite all your possession in the first half our keeper hasn't had a save to make.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
I mean, to be frank Stevenage should be in the National League this season, you were so poor last year and stayed up in the luckiest of circumstances (or unluckiest depending on your PoV), so it's really just a stay of execution.

To be frank, Stevenage should be in the National League every season. If only Project Big Picture had included relegating Stevenage as a stipulation, it would have passed 20-0. Sean Dyche would probably have donated his entire salary to pay off Sarfend’s debt in return.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
A lot of if's and but's in your explanation for a team that could have put us to the sword IF certain things were different.

We have played 7 games and we've played Yourselves, Exeter, Newport and Tranmere and are still top of the league. Despite all your possession in the first half our keeper hasn't had a save to make.

Our keeper didn't make a single save all night... annoyingly!

You look a decent outfit, certainly clinical, I guess you chances will rely on Mullin staying fit and not dropping back to his career form. Defensively you looked a bit suspect to pace at times but if Mullin stays in form you've a chance of making top 7 certainly. It this stage the table is just a form table but you've had some big results so not by fluke.

I guess injuries would be your biggest enemy but its an open enough league. I thought in general it was a good game between two good sides playing some good football, we just lacked the clinical touch on the night.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I've been tuning in most weeks now to his interviews - I think they're great! That one is not the best one he's done, but its up there!
The guys on the not the top 20 pod took a real shine to him and interviewed him last season with the title 'Uncut Yems'.

Reminds me a bit of John Sheridan and some of his interviews where he complains that the fans are applauding a shot that just sneaked wide and they shouldn't be patting a player on the back for missing, it's not good enough.

Valiant Tyler

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Not saying anyone should have put you to the sword. You were decent, as to be expected. But no team in League Two is head and shoulders above everyone else. I still wouldn't have Hannant back unless as a squad player yet he makes your side every week when fit it seems. But he works in your system and is playing his part in a side that is currently top and scoring goals for fun. If Mullin stops scoring suddenly then it will make a considerably difference for you. Going from his record before this season it's nothing like how it is in these first half a dozen games, but if he keeps it up then fair play and it will mean you'll be right up there come the end of the season. But before he signed for you he scored 14 goals in nearly 80 games, which is average at best. But he looked a terrific forward yesterday playing up alone against two very good centre-backs for this level.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
S'bout time the next match day thread was started, isn't it? Can grimsby do it again? Can't see us beating a struggling Scunny at home, mind you.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Not saying anyone should have put you to the sword. You were decent, as to be expected. But no team in League Two is head and shoulders above everyone else. I still wouldn't have Hannant back unless as a squad player yet he makes your side every week when fit it seems. But he works in your system and is playing his part in a side that is currently top and scoring goals for fun. If Mullin stops scoring suddenly then it will make a considerably difference for you. Going from his record before this season it's nothing like how it is in these first half a dozen games, but if he keeps it up then fair play and it will mean you'll be right up there come the end of the season. But before he signed for you he scored 14 goals in nearly 80 games, which is average at best. But he looked a terrific forward yesterday playing up alone against two very good centre-backs for this level.

Regarding Hannant I think both clubs were happy with the swap. Hannant has been excellent for us since signing last season. He already has 2 goals and 4 assists this season and puts a real shift in up and down the right.

Amoo was great on his day but never tracked back when we played him on the right and it cost us a lot of goals. Add to the fact he was always injured too, I think we reluctantly let him go. He seems a bit of a journeyman too. Only seems to do 2-3 years at a club and then leaves.

If you look at Mullin's career so far he has scored 1 in 2 games (based on starts) and 1 in 4 if you include appearances from the bench. He's only 25 and doesn't appear to have been settled at any of the clubs he's been at apart from Morecambe. Tranmere fans were not happy he was loaned to us and then released. I think he is a top player and will go on to score 20 goals this season because the team is set up to compliment him.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I'm still bitterly disappointed with only getting a point off Oldham last night, though on the upside we've come a long way in a short space of time if we're now unhappy with a point away from home.

The downside to that is that we're still at a stage where the season could go either way, and every win brings you closer to genuine promotion contender territory, whereas a couple of draws could see you drop into mid-table. We're playing in a way that should see us scoring more goals and if we're not scoring many then you'll always end up drawing a lot of games. You'll always concede goals such as the one we conceded last night, where you can't really fault any of your players too much for it, it was just a brilliant bit of skill from two Oldham players.
I still think mid table would be decent for us given the shower of shit beech inherited last season and how young this squad is.

Im happy with things because after the worrying start I’ve since seen enough from us to conclude that barring an injury disaster, we won’t be anywhere near the relegation places. Plus we’re actually good to watch at the moment whether we win or not. Frustrating yes, but good football.

Mid table would be decent, anything else would be a nice bonus.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Regarding Hannant I think both clubs were happy with the swap. Hannant has been excellent for us since signing last season. He already has 2 goals and 4 assists this season and puts a real shift in up and down the right.

Amoo was great on his day but never tracked back when we played him on the right and it cost us a lot of goals. Add to the fact he was always injured too, I think we reluctantly let him go. He seems a bit of a journeyman too. Only seems to do 2-3 years at a club and then leaves.

If you look at Mullin's career so far he has scored 1 in 2 games (based on starts) and 1 in 4 if you include appearances from the bench. He's only 25 and doesn't appear to have been settled at any of the clubs he's been at apart from Morecambe. Tranmere fans were not happy he was loaned to us and then released. I think he is a top player and will go on to score 20 goals this season because the team is set up to compliment him.

Tom Pope struggled before coming to us, then had a relatively poor first season...

Randomly scored 33 goals then in the promotion season (this included a real dry spell midway through as well) and now has well over 100 goals for us so it can happen! Constantine hit 27 for us after relatively poor showings elsewhere too.

I liked Hannant, he worked hard but in a poor side it is hard to fully judge him, some of our squad were average in that squad and have vastly improved under better management and tactics. It was a slight surprise he was released all be it I think it wasn't purely down to form.

Amoo can be a game changer, I dont recall him being injured too much last season but has been out all this, bar his brief return against Carlisle late on then pulling up after 3 minutes at Wigan. He give us the pace and outlet we needed so think it was a good swap.

Recall you had him, Ibehere and Hepburn-Murphy and caused us allsorts of problems on our previous visit but guess that would leave you exposed at the back.

I have no bad word to say about Hanno and I am pretty disappointed by some of the abuse he's taken on twitter today over the penalty... he didn't cheat at all it just wasn't a foul (and arguably a free kick to us for a lunge) and in fairness he's been very complimentary about the Vale.

Think he is the only player we've paid a transfer fee for under Smurf!

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Fair play award imminently coming Cambridge's way. Rodney beats him so May just wraps his hands around his throat to pull him to the ground.

View attachment 13259

Never a yellow!

Seriously though, I don't know if you've changed your mind but you lot are a very decent side and you'll be up there sooner rather than later. Don't forget you are missing some important players right now and we only had one player missing (O'neill, and tbh there's no way he would've started ahead of Boateng if we was fit). Best side we've faced this season and we've come up against Exeter, Newport and Tranmere already, 3 sides that will be there or thereabouts this year IMO.

Anyway, you'll beat Oldham on Saturday and then you'll beat us like you always do at Vale Park in the reverse fixture, so that's 6 points in the bag :thumbs:

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
SVH is right re. Amoo. Sure, he can be a game changer when fit but just don't expect him to track back, and on those rare occasions he did it was only a half arsed attempt at that. I was not sad to see him go if only because he made our back line esp the full backs look very poor whenever he was on the pitch.

It's funny how people see things isn't it - our two commentators thought Whitehead was having a decent game when he was subbed off! Personally, I think they're wrong and the Vale fans on here are right in saying he had a poor game. As for Robinson, I thought he looked very dangerous every time he had the ball and I don't think Port Vale should be thinking about a new striker just yet. I reckon he'll get 12-15 goals this season if he starts most games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!