Tuesday 23rd November

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Couple of hours after and am still at an absolute loss as to what that was we saw tonight. Dan Jones will no doubt come again at some point but for me he’s played himself out the team after that. He was far from the only one mind.

Oldham was easy to forgive as that was a bit of a fortuitous win for them but tonight that was shocking. With Conlon suspended I’m minded to look at bringing in both Walker and Taylor for Hartlepool.

By the looks of Garrity in his interview they’ve been absolutely roasted, I wouldn’t be against that trio, maybe even a door opens for Burgess, at least he’d put in the effort to prove a point.

Jones was awful. Cass has gone from looking streets above this league to an inexperienced young defender in recent weeks too that needs to man up.

Some big decisions to be made. It was miles off the standards we’ve set this season.

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Bradford really didn't cover themselves in glory with that second half performance. Having said that, a lot better from us than in past weeks. Glatzel in particular had a great game and we actually looked threatening going forward for a change.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Another couple of Vale results like this will result in the annual forum exodus from around half of them before they all return in March/April when they start winning again.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
By the looks of Garrity in his interview they’ve been absolutely roasted, I wouldn’t be against that trio, maybe even a door opens for Burgess, at least he’d put in the effort to prove a point.

Jones was awful. Cass has gone from looking streets above this league to an inexperienced young defender in recent weeks too that needs to man up.

Some big decisions to be made. It was miles off the standards we’ve set this season.

Yeah Burgess potentially too though I suspect we will need to build up some match fitness in friendlies first for him as he won’t have kicked a ball in a competitive game since April or May I’d have thought?

Far from panic stations but we probably need to put a stop to this false nine stuff we started the game with. I liked the sound of it before the game so would be hypocritical to criticise it now but it hasn’t worked. Hartlepool struggle away it seems so it’s an opportunity for us to bounce back not that form really means a lot in this league.

Uncle Pastuzo

Reaction score
Supports
Newport
Our local paper says we burgled a point and that's spot-on. Before HT we didn't pose the threat we should have from that amount of possession and after HT Crawley were sharper all over the pitch except for a five-minute spell during which Telford levelled.

Their goal involved a completely unnecessary foul for a free kick followed by a free header six yards out. As soon as we were level, we reverted to giving the ball away in dangerous areas and Day had to make a great late save.

Telford's form - I think that's 11 in nine - begs the question why Flynn was so loath to use him.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Well that was shit. We probably were as dominant in the game as I've seen us this season, however we had just two minor flaws. One, whenever they went on the attack they scored. Two whenever we went on the attack we did nothing with it.

I fear Millen isn't going to be able to change any of this until January
That’s why I think we’re down.
He’s actually got us starting to play reasonably well, yet still we are mostly getting beat or picking up the odd 0-0. This has to be the worst most inept set of strikers I’ve ever seen.

I fear we’ll be too far adrift by January and if/when Millen does something about it, it’ll be too late.

Razzmachaz

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Can't believe the amount of points we have dropped from not only leading positions but looking comfortable. We are unbeaten in 11 games in all competitions and have only lost twice all season yet find ourselves outside top 7. Even our last defeat was a late collapse in injury time at Vale. The only crumb of comfort is the division is tight and points wise we are still not far from the top 3. With one of the best defensive records and one of the highest scoring teams we should be much better off points wise than we are. If we can learn to see games out we will move forward.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Salford's first red is harsh?! Not sure how Bristol Rovers have managed to look that disorganised and all over the shop against 9 men in injury time.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
That’s why I think we’re down.
He’s actually got us starting to play reasonably well, yet still we are mostly getting beat or picking up the odd 0-0. This has to be the worst most inept set of strikers I’ve ever seen.

I fear we’ll be too far adrift by January and if/when Millen does something about it, it’ll be too late.
I can’t see Scunny or Oldham stringing enough wins together to pull away that much from you by January so with some good January business you could still end up being ok.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Not pretty to watch but 3 points all the same i thought Clarke cost you the first half the way he set up gave us acres of space in midfield until he switched it at half time we dont usually play like we did last night can only think our manager and coaching staff saw something in Vale to think we could bully them out of it and went for that approach.The lord of shithousery Labadie was in his element last night great if he is on your side horrible if he isnt.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Not pretty to watch but 3 points all the same i thought Clarke cost you the first half the way he set up gave us acres of space in midfield until he switched it at half time we dont usually play like we did last night can only think our manager and coaching staff saw something in Vale to think we could bully them out of it and went for that approach.The lord of shithousery Labadie was in his element last night great if he is on your side horrible if he isnt.

All fair points there I reckon. Probably tried to be too clever for our own good. Looks like you had done your homework on it, other teams will no doubt do the same so no need to find a way around it. Can’t really say much else as actually can’t remember anything of note in the game at all other than your goal and Conlons red card (which was a foolish thing to do).

Geosaddler

Reaction score
Supports
Walsall FC
Whilst you can blame Clarke for the piss poor tactical judgement in the way he set up, the thing I would not be able to handle as a Vale fan was the total lack of graft and physicality. Totally bullied and outrun. Not one Vale player was up for that last night which was strange even on an off night. I honestly wouldn't pay them after that.
As for us:
Positives- That is one of the best 'off the ball' performances I've seen in a long time. Hunted the Vale players down in formations/packs all match with unreal workrate. It meant we turned the ball over very quickly and stifled Vale into zero goal threat all match. Really good coaching and fitness training Taylor, well done. These players are really playing for Taylor and it's a good building block.
Negatives- We have to be better and braver going forward. We've got to close the gap to Miller and support him quicker. A good attacking team would have beaten vale about 4 or 5 nil last night. I'm hoping this will come with confidence.

It may not have been pretty but all in all a good night.

Last edited:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Whilst you can blame Clarke for the piss poor tactical judgement in the way he set up, the thing I would not be able to handle as a Vale fan was the total lack of graft and physicality. Totally bullied and outrun. Not one Vale player was up for that last night which was strange even on an off night. I honestly wouldn't pay them after that.
As for us:
Positives- That is one of the best 'off the ball' performances I've seen in a long time. Hunted the Vale players down in formations/packs all match with unreal workrate. It meant we turned the ball over very quickly and stifled Vale into zero goal threat all match. Really good coaching and fitness training Taylor, well done. These players are really playing for Taylor and it's a good building block.
Negatives- We have to be better and braver going forward. We've got to close the gap to Miller and support him quicker. A good attacking team would have beaten vale about 4 or 5 nil last night. I'm hoping this will come with confidence.

They've lost their day off today in fairness!

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Jonny Williams’ goal last night was the first headed goal we’ve scored this season.

Tippy tappy rules, OK!

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
As for us:

I agree with that. From minute 1 we just seemed to be going through the motions with no real desire to win. A lot of the Walsall lot had built the game up into something it was not but it clearly worked.

I think your tactic before the game was to nick a goal and stop us playing but even you couldn't believe how shit we were and with a bunch of better technical players you could have made it more confident! Forest Green or Exeter would have scored 6!

In my opinion, we have better footballers man for man than most teams in the league but we should know (like Forest Green in previous years) that you need to also mix it up when teams come for a scrap. I think we miss that nasty bastard in midfield and a header and kicker in midfield that would have at least put up a fight. We also missed Wilson's touch and movement which is too good for this level as an outlet.

Anyway, it's a very small poor run and we're still a win away from going back into the automatic positions. I'm confident that we won't play that poorly again this season and that we'll ultimately finish above Walsall at the end.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Adams can fuck off. Bowyer was sacked for performances like this and its somehow getting worse every week.
Genuinely what is happening with Bradford? They looked alright against us a couple of weeks ago and have some decent players.

Is Adams trying the morecambe tactic of trying to shithouse 1-0 wins but failing?

I do question the judgement of a man who believes Theo Robinson is good enough for league football but with players like Vernam and Cook you should be comfortably in the top 7.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I agree with that. From minute 1 we just seemed to be going through the motions with no real desire to win. A lot of the Walsall lot had built the game up into something it was not but it clearly worked.

I think your tactic before the game was to nick a goal and stop us playing but even you couldn't believe how shit we were and with a bunch of better technical players you could have made it more confident! Forest Green or Exeter would have scored 6!

In my opinion, we have better footballers man for man than most teams in the league but we should know (like Forest Green in previous years) that you need to also mix it up when teams come for a scrap. I think we miss that nasty bastard in midfield and a header and kicker in midfield that would have at least put up a fight. We also missed Wilson's touch and movement which is too good for this level as an outlet.

Anyway, it's a very small poor run and we're still a win away from going back into the automatic positions. I'm confident that we won't play that poorly again this season and that we'll ultimately finish above Walsall at the end.
Pretty much it, baffling as to where the team that tore sides apart 2 weeks earlier with pretty much the same players was, you could go as far as saying performance wise it was as bad as I have seen since possibly Lincoln a few seasons back.

Had way to many off days, Conlon was the worst player on the pitch and technically he should have been the best.

Defensively bar the goal I didn't think we were too bad, we made that one error and was punished and should of scored twice either side of that in identical positions with Worrall and Amoo (why Worrall tried to square and not fire across the keeper into the net is anyone's guess).

Without the ball Walsall barely threatened to score aside from that and didn't really pose us too many problems offensively but with the ball we were absolutely terrible, the amount Jones put the ball aimlessly down the channel (and usually out of play), we played some lovely stuff despite the end result at Oldham but we were miles off that.

If we played anywhere near the levels of a couple of weeks back we'd have won last night against that level of opposition but does seem the typical Vale growing of looking great against the top sides and poor against the poorer ones at this level who come and try to spoil rather than play. Had the hallmarks of some of those Stevenage under Westley type games at Vale Park.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
I reckon us fans of basement teams expect levels of consistency that’s just not possible with the quality of squads available.

OK, the top 8 or so sides have a decent starting XI but chuck in a couple of injuries, suspensions or just a general loss of form drags us back into the pack.

I’ve always said the promoted clubs will be those with the best overall squad depth - not necessarily the best starting XI.

Reremnart

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers/Pittsburgh Steelers
Football isn't worth fighting over. The NHS is.
Tell them that at Vale Park. I must have been there 10-12 times over the years and there has been trouble on that road leading from the ground to the town centre every single time, including this season.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Tell them that at Vale Park. I must have been there 10-12 times over the years and there has been trouble on that road leading from the ground to the town centre every single time, including this season.
I've barely seen any trouble since Carol took over, they've done wonders in making it a family club especially this season.

There was some mouthing off against Tranmere (as I had to navigate up Hamil with my little girl) but the police dealt with it (and seemed to be mainly Tranmere fans) but didnt see any "trouble".

Early to Mid 10's was a different story mind.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
It was a general point not aimed at any clubs fans. Except tory voters

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Genuinely what is happening with Bradford? They looked alright against us a couple of weeks ago and have some decent players.

Is Adams trying the morecambe tactic of trying to shithouse 1-0 wins but failing?

I do question the judgement of a man who believes Theo Robinson is good enough for league football but with players like Vernam and Cook you should be comfortably in the top 7.
Lazy and cheap recruitment yet again. I don't think he wanted Robinson but there's no infrastructure at the club so he is the sort of shite we get when we're desperate.

Also an injury situation that's somehow worse than last year. Probably because our Twitter admin/ceo appointed his mate from his previous rugby club as sport scientist.

As for Adams, he started off well. Attacking and intense football, creating lots of chances. He's now reverted to type and it's the dour, negative shite I was expecting in the summer.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Well that was shit. Shocking performance. How some players are pros I'll never know. We are down. There's no way there's two sides more shite than we are. I fully expect us to be playing regional footy in two years time. FFS.

Oops sorry chaps. I think I'm posting this in the wrong place.

;)

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Well we've robbed a point there.

Draws won't keep us up but you have to take it considering Orient should've won at a canter. Unfortunately our opponents won't miss 4 guilt edge chances every week.
If its any consolation, I saw fight in your team - Yes they're clearly limited in the final third, but it appears Hill has at least managed to install some sort of fight in the team which should at some point result in a few more scrappy 1-0 wins.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
If its any consolation, I saw fight in your team - Yes they're clearly limited in the final third, but it appears Hill has at least managed to install some sort of fight in the team which should at some point result in a few more scrappy 1-0 wins.
Fight won't keep us up unfortunately when we cannot even do the basics right, our players simply are nowhere near good enough for this level.

Gatekeeper

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United
Or
Well we've robbed a point there.

Draws won't keep us up but you have to take it considering Orient should've won at a canter. Unfortunately our opponents won't miss 4 guilt edge chances every week.
Orient had four shots on target on Saturday and scored them all.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
First ever proper pitch invasion at the Peni insular stadium?

Btw, that disallowed goal deep in stoppage time looks onside to me. But I agree with Gassy on their first red, that's a yellow card offence imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!