w/e Saturday 12th November 2022

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Assuming that was an off day for Plymouth? Expected so much more from them. You could tell they had attacking threat, but so nervy at the back. Shame we couldnt get the win that i feel our performance deserved. So much more positive today, Plymouth defo in a battle today!

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
I could throw up. Any other day that's 5-1 minimum. 97 minutes of attack v defence. Couple of penalty shouts in the second half, one of which (pull on Ladapo) was absolutely stonewall.

View attachment 17920

Ridiculous stats again. I really think we will win the league in the end and hand out some 5+ goal hammerings but come on, 15 corners to 0, 29 shots, 4 on target - unforgiveable.
Sometimes you’ve just got to say that it wasn’t our day. We really should’ve been 3-0 up in 15 minutes but found a way to continuously miss. Cheltneham scored with their only attack (literally) and then found a way to throw bodies in front of absolutely everything. Whilst the stats show 29 shots and only 4 on target, I’d suggest it was more like 12 on target but last ditch blocks in the six yard box accounted for 8. Cheltenham were resolute and stood strong. Albeit we had a blatant handball not given, a blatant foul on Ladapo in the six yard box not given, hit the crossbar and the ball (apparently) bounced over the line but the refs watch never went off (do they even have goaline tech in league 1?) and in the 95th minute the inside of the post across the face of goal and somehow not in. Just one of those crazy days.

One thing I will say that is worth mentioning.. Greater Anglia knowing they’d have no way of putting ticket inspectors on the 100 bus replacements an hour they’ve scheduled tonight because of the train works, decided to funnel 25,000 people into one tiny doorway at Ipswich station. More and more people were moving forward from the back until eventually people started to be literally pushed towards the doors of the station. Plenty of people towards the front were panicking and kids were started to get upset (unsurprisingly).

Genuinely one of the worst experiences I’ve seen at a football game as it could’ve been a lot worse with the security guards blocking the other doors to funnel people into the one open doorway. Plenty of people thought we were all about to get crushed. Why were they even doing this you ask? So they could check every person had a ticket for the short train and more importantly for them bus replacements across the east of England. Absolutely utterly disgraceful.

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
Dom Ball confirmed out for the season, and John-Jules out for several months minimum, too. Mckenna confirmed post-match we will be spending in January for 2 positions, CM and either a 9 / 10 also on the shopping list.

Wonderful day.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Well it feels like as a matter of course we concede at least two goals a game. It’s asking a lot to win doing that for anyone never mind us. Not saying I want us to start parking the bus in every game as we don’t have the players to do it anyway but the players need to start doing the basics defensively a lot better than they are doing.
It’s just so uncharacteristic of this side under DC to look half arsed. The one guarantee you nearly always have is we actually give it a real go. Today we looked disinterested and with 1000 fans nearly there that is unforgivable.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
It’s just so uncharacteristic of this side under DC to look half arsed. The one guarantee you nearly always have is we actually give it a real go. Today we looked disinterested and with 1000 fans nearly there that is unforgivable.

From DC’s interview he used the word soft multiple times to describe the team today. I think in his eyes that is quite possibly the worst criticism he could ever give one of his teams.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Assuming that was an off day for Plymouth? Expected so much more from them. You could tell they had attacking threat, but so nervy at the back. Shame we couldnt get the win that i feel our performance deserved. So much more positive today, Plymouth defo in a battle today!
I think it is an off month. Think we are waiting for key players to come back. When your bench has two 17 year olds and a 16 year, with the later getting on, you know you are in trouble. Still at least we did not lose anyone today. I understand we have 12 or possibly 13 fit outfield players that are not kids. Think we still have some potency up front, but the defence is not working, and yet again we concede from our corner where Bali gets caught on the ball and ultimately the oppo score. The radio commentators did say that it was an entertaining and enjoyable game with a good atmosphere from the support of both sides. We are going through a rough patch, the defence seem to be strangers to each other. A point away is in the circumstances good for us as we try to steady things. in Schuey I trust.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
I’d also say that it sounds like you did the right thing and get in our face, stoping us play our game. This season against such teams we have been able to bring on very fresh high quality legs against a tiring team. You did not tire and we did not have the level of subs we have had.

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
Said it before the game and will reiterate the point. Will happily walk away from any side who are unbeaten at home with a point. We are really struggling to control games with such a depleted squad but these results we are grinding out will be key come the end of the season.

We huffed and puffed alot today and I genuinely feel we are a little more cautious with our decision making due to the lack of confidence in our defensive line and our wing backs are 10yds deeper to compensate this.

Lincoln were well organised, disciplined but really did lack the clinical edge.

Great day for us though with Ipswich dropping points at home against a side close to the bottom of the league. The green train keeps chugging along!

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Dom Ball confirmed out for the season, and John-Jules out for several months minimum, too. Mckenna confirmed post-match we will be spending in January for 2 positions, CM and either a 9 / 10 also on the shopping list.

Wonderful day.
John Jules played once as sub and missed the rest of the season

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I think it is an off month. Think we are waiting for key players to come back. When your bench has two 17 year olds and a 16 year, with the later getting on, you know you are in trouble. Still at least we did not lose anyone today. I understand we have 12 or possibly 13 fit outfield players that are not kids. Think we still have some potency up front, but the defence is not working, and yet again we concede from our corner where Bali gets caught on the ball and ultimately the oppo score. The radio commentators did say that it was an entertaining and enjoyable game with a good atmosphere from the support of both sides. We are going through a rough patch, the defence seem to be strangers to each other. A point away is in the circumstances good for us as we try to steady things. in Schuey I trust.
Assuming your 21 is not a normal starter? Thought he was really poor today. Yeah good game, great atmosphere and great turnout by your fans. Just pleased we took it to you, defo a positive point!

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
That was poor.

I find myself asking myself why we are in 24th place in the league...the answer is simply because there isn't a 25th.

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
Assuming your 21 is not a normal starter? Thought he was really poor today. Yeah good game, great atmosphere and great turnout by your fans. Just pleased we took it to you, defo a positive point!
Hes a weird one mate. He looks like prime Virgil Van Dijk in some games and then Dick Van Dijk in others. Hes a young lad on loan from Wolves and I think his usual Centre Half partner (Dan Scarr) may help him through the game a bit at times. If he becomes consistent he could be some player

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I could throw up. Any other day that's 5-1 minimum. 97 minutes of attack v defence. Couple of penalty shouts in the second half, one of which (pull on Ladapo) was absolutely stonewall.

View attachment 17920

Ridiculous stats again. I really think we will win the league in the end and hand out some 5+ goal hammerings but come on, 15 corners to 0, 29 shots, 4 on target - unforgiveable.
Your forwards are as bad as ours.

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Vince out...I want my football club back.
Bang on!

It was bearable for Vince to use our club as a Marketing tool when we at least had a team that fought fir this club and a Manager who at least knew his Ass from his Elbow!

Burchnill is the worst Manager of any football club I have been involved, including a College football!

I have a Season Ticket, but won’t step one foot back in the New Lawn until Burchnill has gone. Could be a long wait with arrogant Vince in charge! He never admits he’s wrong and made a mistake!

Well he is Wrong on Burchnill and things will keep getting worse!

Burchnill is a fraud and Vince is an arrogant tissue who does not know the slightest thing about football unfortunately.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Sometimes you’ve just got to say that it wasn’t our day. We really should’ve been 3-0 up in 15 minutes but found a way to continuously miss. Cheltneham scored with their only attack (literally) and then found a way to throw bodies in front of absolutely everything. Whilst the stats show 29 shots and only 4 on target, I’d suggest it was more like 12 on target but last ditch blocks in the six yard box accounted for 8. Cheltenham were resolute and stood strong. Albeit we had a blatant handball not given, a blatant foul on Ladapo in the six yard box not given, hit the crossbar and the ball (apparently) bounced over the line but the refs watch never went off (do they even have goaline tech in league 1?) and in the 95th minute the inside of the post across the face of goal and somehow not in. Just one of those crazy days.

One thing I will say that is worth mentioning.. Greater Anglia knowing they’d have no way of putting ticket inspectors on the 100 bus replacements an hour they’ve scheduled tonight because of the train works, decided to funnel 25,000 people into one tiny doorway at Ipswich station. More and more people were moving forward from the back until eventually people started to be literally pushed towards the doors of the station. Plenty of people towards the front were panicking and kids were started to get upset (unsurprisingly).

Genuinely one of the worst experiences I’ve seen at a football game as it could’ve been a lot worse with the security guards blocking the other doors to funnel people into the one open doorway. Plenty of people thought we were all about to get crushed. Why were they even doing this you ask? So they could check every person had a ticket for the short train and more importantly for them bus replacements across the east of England. Absolutely utterly disgraceful.
1668277643469.png

Definitely not over the line.

I'm not going to come here and say we were brilliant and Ipswich fans are crybabies, because there's absolutely no doubt they've battered us today.

Ipswich fans must bloody hate Cheltenham though. Out of 270 mins of football, they have battered us for 225 of them. They've mustered 2 points.

Up the Robins!!!!

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
he is 19 I think and like many at that age has good games (his passing is more likely to find a gap up front than most CBs) but he can also get out of position and put us under unnecessary pressure. he has started but that is because I think that Bolton who would start has a serious ( and I wonder career ending injury) that all started with Morsy last year. we got one CB for back for half hour last week and now he is off for 4-6 weeks, and another one was on the bench today after a long layoff, and was I suspect too soon to be playing much. Then it is an untried 17 year old. I think, in short, he has played too many games and needs a rest, but he won’t get one at the moment. None of this is excuses, it happens to all teams, just we have to see this phase through. What is nice is that we see it as a very positive point too, everyone goes home happy :)

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Hes a weird one mate. He looks like prime Virgil Van Dijk in some games and then Dick Van Dijk in others. Hes a young lad on loan from Wolves and I think his usual Centre Half partner (Dan Scarr) may help him through the game a bit at times. If he becomes consistent he could be some player
Was Nigel playing in the centre of the three? if so he no where near as assured in that position as Scarr (or indeed Bolton would be).

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle
Was Nigel playing in the centre of the three? if so he no where near as assured in that position as Scarr (or indeed Bolton would be).
Was on the right of the three with Wilson in the centre. I just think Scarr coaches him through a bit at times which keeps his composure

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Not expecting owt from our next 2, Shrewsbury we never beat and it'd take some sorcery to win at Derby

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
There's nothing worse than conceding in the 9th minute of extra time, equally there's nothing better than scoring. Be interested to hear from you Gas fans on the game, you go from one down to 2-1 up. Shaun Rooney has been a tremendous signing for us and certainly had a cracking game today. Had forgotten Jordan Rossiter was playing for you, very popular at Fleetwood, the biggest shame was the injuries which ravaged so much of his career, hope he's getting a good injury free run.

Grumpy Grecian

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
One of the toughest situations of my life mate. I am genuinely thinking that for the first time in 32 years I may want Exsh*tter to win :lac:
Similar feelings Cazzy.

Looking at the present table for the first time in my 68 years I might be wanting City to lose the next couple of games.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Bang on!

It was bearable for Vince to use our club as a Marketing tool when we at least had a team that fought fir this club and a Manager who at least knew his Ass from his Elbow!

Burchnill is the worst Manager of any football club I have been involved, including a College football!

I have a Season Ticket, but won’t step one foot back in the New Lawn until Burchnill has gone. Could be a long wait with arrogant Vince in charge! He never admits he’s wrong and made a mistake!

Well he is Wrong on Burchnill and things will keep getting worse!

Burchnill is a fraud and Vince is an arrogant tissue who does not know the slightest thing about football unfortunately.
My problem with Vince is him bringing his own political views into the club and usuing us to promote them.

At present we are flying the Palestinian flag during games, which represents a state with some of the most prohibitive rules against members of the LGBT+ community, where homosexuality is punishable by imprisonment. With the spotlight on Qatar, ahead of the World Cup, and their treatment of people who identify as LGBT+ I am ashamed that our club seems to be happy to promote a state that is equally bad in that respect. This definitely does not represent my views, or me as a person, I want my club to be a beacon of inclusion and not something that promotes exactly the opposite.

I first posted "Vince out...I want my football club back" (Which you quoted)...then changed it to something a little less blunt...but I would be really happy if he left now, even if it meant our club faced some pretty difficult challenges without him.

Muzzle

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
We've just hit some poor form. We've gone from playing great attacking football, to, well, i'm not sure if it is a confidence thing, fitness thing, tactics, team selection/rotation....but it just isn't clicking at the moment

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
My problem with Vince is him bringing his own political views into the club and usuing us to promote them.

At present we are flying the Palestinian flag during games, which represents a state with some of the most prohibitive rules against members of the LGBT+ community, where homosexuality is punishable by imprisonment. With the spotlight on Qatar, ahead of the World Cup, and their treatment of people who identify as LGBT+ I am ashamed that our club seems to be happy to promote a state that is equally bad in that respect. This definitely does not represent my views, or me as a person, I want my club to be a beacon of inclusion and not something that promotes exactly the opposite.

I first posted "Vince out...I want my football club back" (Which you quoted)...then changed it to something a little less blunt...but I would be really happy if he left now, even if it meant our club faced some pretty difficult challenges without him.
Well,I have more of a problem with who he has employed as a football Manager!

I understand your sentlement though.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Quite a tasty 0-0 today. Tackles flying in and it had a bit of an edge to it.

Bolton coming for a scrap suited us more as we are short on confidence today and it really broke the game up.

Trafford was Boltons man of the match and we would have won it at the death if it wasn’t for him.

I can also confirm Ian Evatt is still a tosser.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
I didn’t watch our game today and could only get the commentary, so not going to pass judgement on that basis.

How long will Burchnall be given though?

What I can say from what I heard was the boos ringing out from the home fans against their team…I can’t say I heard Burchnall out chants, but it doesn’t take long to progress from one stage to the other.

It’s made worse if you’re trying to play in a way you haven’t got the players to pull off - fans will put up with a lot if they see guts, gumption and yes, the occasional goal, but if the trajectory is just straight downwards, that doesn’t do any good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!