w/e Saturday 12th November 2022

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
What do FGR think they should be achieving this season ?

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Survival as a club...I couldn't give a toss which division we are in.
As someone with zero knowledge of the inner workings of the club what gives you reason to fear survival

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
Twice in a row we've shithoused our way to a point at Portman Road. Stats from the two games combined...

Average possession: 70-30
Shots: 46-9
On target: 8-2
Corners: 23-1
Goals: 1-1

I reckon Ipswich need a striker.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
As someone with zero knowledge of the inner workings of the club what gives you reason to fear survival
Just concern with how the club is being run at the moment, that priorities don't seem to imclude football at present.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Probably best to comment when I’m not so apoplectic but that was a complete and utter embarrassment. They’ve been rightly praised for their good form and performance levels lately and rightly deserve to be slaughtered for that.

It’s pointless beating Derby and putting in performance levels against your Ipswich/Wednesday’s if you put in a cowardly effort like that in your bread and butter games.

Reminds me of the horror show at Wimbledon in our last league one season and that turned into a nose dive to relegation.

The huge worry is they were bang average on the day. Completely unacceptable and would have them in first thing tomorrow after that.

Huge game next weekend now with no Harrison or Wilson. Can’t wait.
Totally agree. We seem to have that performance within us.

Oxford were actually pretty poor but they scored easily against us and our keeper looks all over the place. We had chances but (as has been the story of our season) didn't take them. They've had I think 6 shots on target and 4 have gone in. You have to question the defence and the goalkeeper.

Referee was absolutely dreadful...the absolute epitome of a homer. Two of the goals should have been disallowed and it was a 'this is my show ' performance from ref. But let's take nothing away...we have surrendered pathetically against an average team. Worrying.

We can't keep going behind and having to try and get something out of the game. We're almost always dreadful in the first 10 to 15 minutes of a match.

We have to be better against Charlton but I'm massively disappointed that we have played a team out of form and with a number of injuries and just rolled over. Pathetic and I'm seething to be honest.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Sometimes it is just one of those days, you can be Man Yoo or Macclesfield and have a day when nowt goes right

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Sometimes it is just one of those days, you can be Man Yoo or Macclesfield and have a day when nowt goes right
Everything from distance seems to be flying in against us at the moment but we definitely have these days every few weeks, where we look miles off, don't compete and then expect to get something from the game. We did the same against Exeter and the same against Peterborough. Our goal difference is horrendous. Again, we're not getting blown away but just conceding the softest of goals against mediocre opposition.

RebornKirtonRed

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Bang on!

It was bearable for Vince to use our club as a Marketing tool when we at least had a team that fought fir this club and a Manager who at least knew his Ass from his Elbow!

Burchnill is the worst Manager of any football club I have been involved, including a College football!

I have a Season Ticket, but won’t step one foot back in the New Lawn until Burchnill has gone. Could be a long wait with arrogant Vince in charge! He never admits he’s wrong and made a mistake!

Well he is Wrong on Burchnill and things will keep getting worse!

Burchnill is a fraud and Vince is an arrogant tissue who does not know the slightest thing about football unfortunately.
Bang on the button Mr Star ,,,,,,,,,,He knows how to claim Government subsidies through donating to Political parties https://www.theguardian.com/busines...to-labour-amid-existential-threat-from-tories ........................and yes , He's going to flog Ecotricity now that he's conned the Council over planning permission for his new Business Park feifdom and with it goes your sponsorship and possibly stadium too. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...o-sell-company-and-go-into-politics-l20skbkmp but when your company can only get an average of 1.2 out of 5 over all the 160 reviews posted online then it's obvious something's going on.

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
I didn’t watch our game today and could only get the commentary, so not going to pass judgement on that basis.

How long will Burchnall be given though?

What I can say from what I heard was the boos ringing out from the home fans against their team…I can’t say I heard Burchnall out chants, but it doesn’t take long to progress from one stage to the other.

It’s made worse if you’re trying to play in a way you haven’t got the players to pull off - fans will put up with a lot if they see guts, gumption and yes, the occasional goal, but if the trajectory is just straight downwards, that doesn’t do any good.

There have been "Burchnall Out" chants at several games, home and away - my sense is that the discontent is very much more with him than with the players, who are inconsistent, but at times really do give of their best and on occasions even look used to League One, albeit not the top two-thirds of the table.

One of his old colleagues at Notts, Ben Turner, has just (this week) been taken on as First Team Coach which I think I'd read as as a sign of Dale Vince digging in behind IB, even while he helps everything to collapse around him. I also can't say I'm convinced that Turner's CV - most recently Assistant Manager at the mightly Ilkeston Town - indicates he is what we need now either. We've done brilliantly in the past by bringing in players at National League South/North level and getting them up to, at least, League Two standard, if not higher (Ebou Adams, Udoko Godwin-Malife, Josh March notably), but really if we are to survive let alone thrive in League One we need more people with experience at this level.....

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Probably best to comment when I’m not so apoplectic but that was a complete and utter embarrassment. They’ve been rightly praised for their good form and performance levels lately and rightly deserve to be slaughtered for that.

It’s pointless beating Derby and putting in performance levels against your Ipswich/Wednesday’s if you put in a cowardly effort like that in your bread and butter games.

Reminds me of the horror show at Wimbledon in our last league one season and that turned into a nose dive to relegation.

The huge worry is they were bang average on the day. Completely unacceptable and would have them in first thing tomorrow after that.

Huge game next weekend now with no Harrison or Wilson. Can’t wait.
I’m not sure if it was intended as so, however on paper we really ought to comfortably be the better side so ‘bread and butter’ might be a little disingenuous (even if we are utterly pants right now!).

Our issue is a Manager that is so up his own bottom he’s solely accountable for our decline. Heck, we won the game comfortably with a manager who insisted the right back today CANNOT play there. He is a wing back and cannot be trusted to play right back (apparently). A centre half playing left back. Both wide men are naturally more central players. A winger playing in a central offensive midfield position. And an attacking midfielder holding in central midfield. Square pegs in round holes is a common feature this season and totally unnecessary.

We really didn’t get out of first gear. We actually played okay and technically looked much better. That being said it required little effort given the strangely lethargic Port Vale performance. I don’t think I’d be happy if I were Darrell Clarke. That was not a clever performance.

Also on the goalkeeping subject… I assume Jack Stevens isn’t playing well if the situation needs addressing?

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Steve Cotterill is such a bellend, just saw his post match interview. Typical sheed, blames everything but himself

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Also on the goalkeeping subject… I assume Jack Stevens isn’t playing well if the situation needs addressing?

Jack Stevens himself is fine although he gets beaten on shots from distance too often for my liking such as Wycombe away. If it’s him in goal I’m more comfortable though obviously that could not be an option yesterday. He’s certainly a long distance ahead of Stone who is the other option. I think it’s more a frustration we haven’t been able to sort a permanent solution out for ourselves and instead had to loan from a club in the same division. Robinson seemed to indicate he was recalling him in January last week also. Just suggests to me we didn’t get that bit right this summer.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
One place below Morecambe in the form table. Would love a win but wouldn't be surprised at a draw. 1-1

Horrendous defensive mistake again to go one down. Lay siege to the Morecambe goal until Bishop scores off his shoulder in the 82nd minute. Lots of huffing and puffing afterwards in a fruitless search for a winner.
Not a bad prediction for once. The only thing I didn't reckon on was the number of chances created by Morecambe. We were lucky to escape with a point.

Yet another draw. We seem to still be on a downward trajectory.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I’m not sure if it was intended as so, however on paper we really ought to comfortably be the better side so ‘bread and butter’ might be a little disingenuous (even if we are utterly pants right now!).

Our issue is a Manager that is so up his own bottom he’s solely accountable for our decline. Heck, we won the game comfortably with a manager who insisted the right back today CANNOT play there. He is a wing back and cannot be trusted to play right back (apparently). A centre half playing left back. Both wide men are naturally more central players. A winger playing in a central offensive midfield position. And an attacking midfielder holding in central midfield. Square pegs in round holes is a common feature this season and totally unnecessary.

We really didn’t get out of first gear. We actually played okay and technically looked much better. That being said it required little effort given the strangely lethargic Port Vale performance. I don’t think I’d be happy if I were Darrell Clarke. That was not a clever performance.

By bread and butter I meant any opponent outside the top 7 “big guns”, the winnable ones (as we are beatable for those also). They are the games like yesterday we need a big performance in and if we lose fair enough. You can’t put in the big performances against the big guns then turn up half arsed in the other games as the league is strong enough you’ll get found out, be it Plymouth or Morecambe.

The keeper situation is a mess and was last season, our number 1 we signed Covolan got sent off last pre season, then on the opening day and then again mid way through for catching the ball and karate kicking Harry McKirdy and conceding a pointless penalty in the process. We had to get rid as he was totally bonkers (ironically got sent off on his debut on loan at Chesterfield this season).

Stone as signed a cover and one to develop but ended up going through the play offs and his penalty save in the semi probably over rated him. The loan signing of Holy from Ipswich… he just didn’t save anything! So since Scott Brown has gone we’ve been a mess in that area. We were after Blackman in the summer apparently but various rumours as to why that didn’t materialise.

We rarely put in a “soft” performance and I imagine DC will have them in today, he was surprisingly calm in his interview after his furious rant last weekend but probably let it out at the lads in the dressing room. We seem to have these in our poor goal difference is largely skewed at the -8 came in 2 games!

We’ve been on good form and we are doing well so can’t take that away with one bad performance and we tend to react well to these in the past under DC, it’s the first defeat against a side outside the play offs or above since mid August (when we had half a squad!) so the reactions on our forums are a big over the top, writing off the squad and players over it is harsh but there are certainly a couple of areas we need to address and seem to be missing Ojo or Walker in the midfield big time at the moment.

Pett can’t do 90 minutes still it seems and yet again like last week and Cheltenham once Pett goes off we collapse defensively. We need one of them two back to tighten in front of the back 3.

Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
England
1668327535444.png

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

I disagree. No side in this league, with perhaps the exception of Wednesday and Ipswich, are comfortably better than anyone else. We should have definitely targeted yesterday's game for points but for some reason we just had a nightmare.

I didn't see a big gap in the two teams if I'm honest. Just basically virtually every shot you got on target flew in. We gave up at 2-0 and conceded some of the softest goals you will see. We've had 3 or 4 very similar performances this season.

Referee didn't help. He gave absolutely everything to Oxford and a couple of the goals shouldn't have stood.

I'm highly disappointed because we had been playing alright but just meekly surrendered yesterday.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Jack Stevens himself is fine although he gets beaten on shots from distance too often for my liking such as Wycombe away. If it’s him in goal I’m more comfortable though obviously that could not be an option yesterday. He’s certainly a long distance ahead of Stone who is the other option. I think it’s more a frustration we haven’t been able to sort a permanent solution out for ourselves and instead had to loan from a club in the same division. Robinson seemed to indicate he was recalling him in January last week also. Just suggests to me we didn’t get that bit right this summer.
I have no idea why we’d ever recall him considering he is no better than Ed McGinty and Simon Eastwood. I thought it was a strange comment actually.

Worth mentioning before he left it was announced that he’d signed a new deal. He hadn’t. He fell out with Karl Robinson so we triggered a one year extension which hadn’t been announced when he’d signed his last deal. It was a means to projecting a happy camp. It isn’t. JS stood up to KR and got sent out on loan.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
To be fair Robinson never said he was recalling him but has been taken that way, he was asked is the deal until the end of the season and he said no it’s to January and then we will talk about it.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
There have been "Burchnall Out" chants at several games, home and away - my sense is that the discontent is very much more with him than with the players, who are inconsistent, but at times really do give of their best and on occasions even look used to League One, albeit not the top two-thirds of the table.

One of his old colleagues at Notts, Ben Turner, has just (this week) been taken on as First Team Coach which I think I'd read as as a sign of Dale Vince digging in behind IB, even while he helps everything to collapse around him. I also can't say I'm convinced that Turner's CV - most recently Assistant Manager at the mightly Ilkeston Town - indicates he is what we need now either. We've done brilliantly in the past by bringing in players at National League South/North level and getting them up to, at least, League Two standard, if not higher (Ebou Adams, Udoko Godwin-Malife, Josh March notably), but really if we are to survive let alone thrive in League One we need more people with experience at this level.....

Turner barely worked with IB at Notts, and not at all as a coach. He was here as a player still for a couple of months at the end of the season when he first came in, but not sure he ever played and then got released. He’s mates with Doyle, though.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
6 month warranty, jokes on you pal. We’ve kept the receipt.

He can come back and watch what Luke Williams has managed to do with his team. Might learn a bit.

White horse

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Awful from Bolton again, not scored at Cambridge, Forest Green, Cheltenham. Port Vale and Plymouth, Evatt pissing about with the team is not working, not taken the lead in a league game since 1st October because he starts with about 5 changes every game, Kachunga , our forward has played in every game and has scored no goals yet he is the one never dropped. He is terrible.

SuffolkBlue

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
Twice in a row we've shithoused our way to a point at Portman Road. Stats from the two games combined...

Average possession: 70-30
Shots: 46-9
On target: 8-2
Corners: 23-1
Goals: 1-1

I reckon Ipswich need a striker.
Unbelievable weren’t it. I was convinced we’d won it in stoppage time, how that stayed out I’ll never know. Ridiculous amount of bodies on the line from you lot, quality wise you were the worst we’ve played but workrate and determination you were one of the better sides

Attachments

• 5CAAE1EC-95A7-4283-886F-13E254608D6D.jpeg
    5CAAE1EC-95A7-4283-886F-13E254608D6D.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 18

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
the goals we are conceding are just ridiculous at the minute. we look fine until you get the ball past our CMs, which isn't particularly hard. anything from 20-30 yards directly in front of the goal and we're clueless. the long range shots are definitely an intentional tactic against us, oxford played for them noticeably yesterday and whilst you can't exactly say they're chances there was 3-4 that whistled just wide on top of the one that was parried to the only place they could score from.

it was a weird game, balance of play we were alright i thought, dominated territory at least in large parts, created a couple of good chances, forced a really great save onto the bar, but when you seem to concede from every shot around the edge of the box there's nothing you can do. on another day, if we get a half decent ref and a touch of luck with the one that hit the bar, we might not lose that game. that being said, doesn't make me any less angry at the pathetic defending and the fact that we are so much better than losing 4-0 in that game.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Unbelievable weren’t it. I was convinced we’d won it in stoppage time, how that stayed out I’ll never know. Ridiculous amount of bodies on the line from you lot, quality wise you were the worst we’ve played but workrate and determination you were one of the better sides
To be fair, we've been hit with injuries this week. Alfie May, Ryan Jackson, Will Ferry and Caleb Taylor have been 4 of our best 5 players this season (Liam Sercombe is probably player of the year so far). It was so bad, we brought on Reece Hutchinson in the second half - last week he was playing for Ilkeston in the Southern League Premier Division. It was always going to be a necks on the line, hope for the best battle, no quality whatsoever from us. That we got a point was unbelievable.

WhiteRussian

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Can I say we are not doing very well. Not that any of you care but we aren't. It's quite sad. :ffs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!