w/e Saturday 19th November 2022

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
More a strange one that they get all in a tizz at the first sign of a bad spell for the club, they were never gonna keep up that upward trajectory that they'd been on and for sugar daddy clubs there is always an upper limit.

Not surprised we’re struggling, didn’t expect us to do well this season. Expected us to try a bit harder though, on and off the pitch.

All the positive momentum built up last season has totally gone, which is a shame but that’s what happens when the club doesn’t listen to fans.

The only reason many put up with Vince pushing his company and beliefs on everyone and using the club as an advertising vehicle is because we seemed to be pretty well run and were getting results. This year we’ve been a shambles on and off the pitch and yet get spoon fed bullshit when you make a complaint (if you ever get to actually speak to anyone).

We can be a shambles on and off the pitch quite easily without being used by Vince as an advertising vehicle at the same time. So if that’s how he’s happy to run things we don’t need his ownership, nor the rest of the brown nosing yes men on our board, including the CEO.

Last edited:

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Not surprised we’re struggling, didn’t expect us to do well this season. Expected us to try a bit harder though, on and off the pitch.

All the positive momentum built up last season has totally gone, which is a shame but that’s what happens when the club doesn’t listen to fans.

The only reason many put up with Vince pushing his company and beliefs on everyone and using the club as an advertising vehicle is because we seemed to be pretty well run and were getting results. This year we’ve been a shambles on and off the pitch and yet get spoon fed bullshit when you make a complaint (if you ever get to actually speak to anyone).

We can be a shambles on and off the pitch quite easily without being used by Vince as an advertising vehicle at the same time. So if that’s how he’s happy to run things we don’t need his ownership, nor the rest of the brown nosing yes men on our board, including the CEO.
Agree with the above...how long do you think it will be before the fans turn on Vince...I see it as inevitable as it happens at almost every club that is being badly run.

The sad thing is that so much good has come from his involvement in the club, I am proud that we have promoted green and environmental issues but he risks undoing this because ultimately he is a stubborn twat who doesn't take advice and you either do it his way or lump it.

Last edited:

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Some already are, more will soon but I think right now the bigger worry is they just won’t come. know quite a few that are fed up going in circles trying to get tickets or talk to someone at the club, let alone the shite being served up on the pitch.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
There was booing at half time in the game on Saturday and I can't remember ever hearing that for a Rovers team...even when we were performing really bad in the Conference or our first season in League Two...that should worry those running the club but I suspect they aren't bothered in any way.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
I really miss the Trevor Horsley days, back then the board were doing it for the love of the club. Yes we were skint and often shit but they respected the fans properly. Not an out of touch multi millionaire on an ego trip.

I started as a kid supporting my local football club, not a company or political vehicle. That should always be the priority and what the club should be.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
I haven't been around as long as many, but did see my first Rovers game a couple of seasons before we moved up the road. The priority of any football club should be football, that is it, nothing more and nothing less...it is now little more than a side-show to Dales bigger plan. Whenever you get an egotistical idiot running anything it always ends badly...at present it feels like we are about to witness a car crash but are in absolutely no position to avoid it.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
What this one? Tbf Burchnall’s had a few giving him this sort of stick for a while now.

Interesting juxtaposition there of two diametric approaches. I just wonder who in their place of work was told by someone they were fing useless would perform better or worse? I am going to guess worse, so not sure why footballers, coaches and players would be any different?

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Interesting juxtaposition there of two diametric approaches. I just wonder who in their place of work was told by someone they were fing useless would perform better or worse? I am going to guess worse, so not sure why footballers, coaches and players would be any different?
I said as much today in a conversation about footy...I have never shouted abuse at a player in my team, no matter how badly they were playing, as vocal encouragement is always more likely to make them improve performance than anything negative. Anyone who has played sport at any level will know they have made a mistake or are playing badly, no need for anyone else to let them know!

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
I said as much today in a conversation about footy...I have never shouted abuse at a player in my team, no matter how badly they were playing, as vocal encouragement is always more likely to make them improve performance than anything negative. Anyone who has played sport at any level will know they have made a mistake or are playing badly, no need for anyone else to let them know!
Indeed, if you make a howler in team sports it is like you have had your pants pulled down in public. No need for someone to suggest yer pecker is weenie as well, that is adding insult to injury :ohm:

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Easy fir you to say in your position.

You dint have an inept, useless blagger managing your club!

We have all tried to get behind Burchnill, it doesn’t work! Worst Manager in league football!

His excuse of injuries is actually keeping this faker in a job.

Almost hope we get smashed on Saturday for surely even the cretinous Vince to act, won’t hold my breath though, he doesn’t care about this great club or any of its long term fans, arrogant dickhead!

Vince can be as stubborn as he wants with Burchnill, but I won’t be up the New Lawn to watch this car crash unveil, despite having a Season ticket.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday

We have all tried to get behind Burchnill, it doesn’t work! Worst Manager in league football!

His excuse of injuries is actually keeping this faker in a job.

Almost hope we get smashed on Saturday for surely even the cretinous Vince to act, won’t hold my breath though, he doesn’t care about this great club or any of its long term fans, arrogant dickhead!

Vince can be as stubborn as he wants with Burchnill, but I won’t be up the New Lawn to watch this car crash unveil, despite having a Season ticket.
Cry me a fucking river

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)

I beg your pardon :)We were managed by John Sheridan. And Bobby Williamson managed us before he sorted his life out. In neither case did I feel booing was helping the team perform better.

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
I beg your pardon :)We were managed by John Sheridan. And Bobby Williamson managed us before he sorted his life out. In neither case did I feel booing was helping the team perform better.
Both infinitely better Managers than Burchnill!

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Don't fucking slag Shez off

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Of course not, it's only FGR who have bad seasons. Fucking moron.
You don’t get it tosser.

If Sheff Weds had Burchnill Managing your club, you would be having a fit believe me! I don’t care if we struggle I was supporting FGR when we were bottom of the Conference. I do want to see a Manager and players give a fuck though.

As said earlier in the thread the club is being ran like a Sunday league side too!

Why you are engaging about FGR, when Sheff Weds are having a great season, I cannot fathom to be honest.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Don't fucking slag Shez off
What’s you view about fans slagging off Moore? Would it help Wednesday if more fans were vocal in booing him during a game? Or would it demotivate the players?

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Cos you're on a thread about the entire fucking division rather than FGR specific.

This isn't a fucking great season, we are in the 3rd bastard division.

I've seen shit managers more than I've seen good managers, see Paul Jewell as an example.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
What’s you view about fans slagging off Moore? Would it help Wednesday if more fans were vocal in booing him during a game? Or would it demotivate the players?
I don't like Moore, I think he is too soft and won't get the job done. I've booed players and managers when I've felt it was warranted

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots

It's probably counter-productive granted but when Michael Brown was our manager and put together one of the two worst Vale teams have ever seen I'll be honest it was the only way could express displeasure at it.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
I don't like Moore, I think he is too soft and won't get the job done. I've booed players and managers when I've felt it was warranted
I get why fans would do it, and normally the purpose of the booing is to put pressure on to the owner to sack the manager. I just think it demotivates the team rather than help solve the problem. That said, I do recognise their gets to be a point when enough is enough.

FGR-Star

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
I get why fans would do it, and normally the purpose of the booing is to put pressure on to the owner to sack the manager. I just think it demotivates the team rather than help solve the problem. That said, I do recognise their gets to be a point when enough is enough.
Well that’s exactly where we are!

Wont mind getting relegated at all, as long as Burchnill is sacked! We can move forward in League 2 then.

With Burchnill, it’s conference time Baby!

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Another TV game for us vs Derby. Don't expect much creativity from us. Bookies favourites again but likely to be another draw I think.

We are not a happy club at the moment. Cowley is not hiding the fact that he's thoroughly pissed off with the club's medical staff and/or our training facilities. This season we've had a succession of players diagnosed with fairly minor injuries, later cleared to resume training and then almost immediately breaking down again. This has affected plenty of first teamers: Tom Lowery, Joe Morrell, Joe Rafferty, Michael Jacobs, Denver Hume etc. Lowery made his long-awaited comeback with an impressive 20 minute cameo in the cup game at Hereford, only to break down once more in training just before last weekend's trip to Morecambe.

Week after week, Cowley's team plans have to be torn up at the last minute and he's clearly at breaking point over it. He's had previous with this kind of thing. If he feels like his concerns expressed internally at the club aren't being resolved quickly enough, he'll make a point of airing his criticisms to the press.

Our poor recent results aren't all down to injuries though. Cowley's perseverance with playing Josh Koroma on the left wing each week isn't helping matters. After an impressive first couple of games, Koroma's form has dramatically dropped off. He seems completely incapable of beating his man on the outside and putting in a cross, always preferring to cut inside. It's so predictable and opponents have cottoned on to it.

The supply to Bishop and Scarlett up front has completely dried up and fans are calling for the fit again Denver Hume to somehow be accommodated in the team. He's far and away our best crosser of the ball.

Rant over.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Another TV game for us vs Derby. Don't expect much creativity from us. Bookies favourites again but likely to be another draw I think.

We are not a happy club at the moment. Cowley is not hiding the fact that he's thoroughly pissed off with the club's medical staff and/or our training facilities. This season we've had a succession of players diagnosed with fairly minor injuries, later cleared to resume training and then almost immediately breaking down again. This has affected plenty of first teamers: Tom Lowery, Joe Morrell, Joe Rafferty, Michael Jacobs, Denver Hume etc. Lowery made his long-awaited comeback with an impressive 20 minute cameo in the cup game at Hereford, only to break down once more in training just before last weekend's trip to Morecambe.

Week after week, Cowley's team plans have to be torn up at the last minute and he's clearly at breaking point over it. He's had previous with this kind of thing. If he feels like his concerns expressed internally at the club aren't being resolved quickly enough, he'll make a point of airing his criticisms to the press.

Our poor recent results aren't all down to injuries though. Cowley's perseverance with playing Josh Koroma on the left wing each week isn't helping matters. After an impressive first couple of games, Koroma's form has dramatically dropped off. He seems completely incapable of beating his man on the outside and putting in a cross, always preferring to cut inside. It's so predictable and opponents have cottoned on to it.

The supply to Bishop and Scarlett up front has completely dried up and fans are calling for the fit again Denver Hume to somehow be accommodated in the team. He's far and away our best crosser of the ball.

Rant over.
We had a couple of Cowley displays of dissatisfaction here as well, one of which was about the training ground taking so long to sort off the back of the FA Cup run in 2016/17 even though it was only 18 months or so from looking for a site to moving in - not entirely sure how long he thought it should take building a training ground from scratch! He mentioned that a few times to be fair.

Then one about a lack of available budget for a striker heading into our first season in L1 after a pre-season friendly at Scunthorpe, and then Tyler Walker magically appeared a few days later!

Surprised about the injuries though, we had a decent record here under him albeit I think we had a few players who were willing to play through the pain barrier for him. Suspect they were far more hands on with that side of things here when they first joined but things have moved on haven't they, it's more Head Coach than Manager(s) now.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Sheffield Wednesday away for us.

Heading up on a 7am train and doing a night out with a group of lads for this one. Heard Sheffield is a cracking night out so high expectations.

Somebody posted our record against Wednesday on our forum. Wednesday have just the one league win and one win of any kind in over 40 years. Couldn’t believe it myself until I checked, that has to be one of the if not best records we hold over another club.

Wasn’t confident going into the game but after seeing our H2H I’m feel slightly more confident that we can shithouse a point. It doesn’t state on our club website whether we can pay on the day or not, do you know if away fans can at all, Barrie? Cheers.

Prediction wise I’ll go with a 1-1 (Saydee)

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Sheffield Wednesday away for us.

Heading up on a 7am train and doing a night out with a group of lads for this one. Heard Sheffield is a cracking night out so high expectations.

Somebody posted our record against Wednesday on our forum. Wednesday have just the one league win and one win of any kind in over 40 years. Couldn’t believe it myself until I checked, that has to be one of the if not best records we hold over another club.

Wasn’t confident going into the game but after seeing our H2H I’m feel slightly more confident that we can shithouse a point. It doesn’t state on our club website whether we can pay on the day or not, do you know if away fans can at all, Barrie? Cheers.

Prediction wise I’ll go with a 1-1 (Saydee)
Should be able to pal, cash only.

Need any advice on boozing let me know.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
FGR is a strange one because you guys were absolutely flying until Xmas last season but then just dropped off a cliff it seemed? and dont seem to have every really recovered.

Could see this happening when we didn’t strengthen our squad at all in January.

7 wins in our last 35 league games now. And two of those were against Oldham and Scunthorpe at home. We were over reliant on one tactic/system and a small group of players, (several who’ve left, are injured or just aren’t up to this level) and once teams worked us out we were buggered.

Losing key staff and not replacing them well has only made things even worse this season as we no longer have any obvious game plan and have signed 15 players many of who don’t look up to it or are young lads out on their first proper EFL loan. More will come in January apparently, probably on loan, but not sure if that’s going to be enough tbh. Seems we’ve gone for the throw enough shit and some might stick approach which I thought we’d gone away from.

We needed stability in our first ever year at this level to have any chance of doing anything. That’s not been there and so we’ve looked out of our depth.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Could see this happening when we didn’t strengthen our squad at all in January.

7 wins in our last 35 league games now. And two of those were against Oldham and Scunthorpe at home. We were over reliant on one tactic/system and a small group of players, (several who’ve left, are injured or just aren’t up to this level) and once teams worked us out we were buggered.

Losing key staff and not replacing them well has only made things even worse this season as we no longer have any obvious game plan and have signed 15 players many of who don’t look up to it or are young lads out on their first proper EFL loan. More will come in January apparently, probably on loan, but not sure if that’s going to be enough tbh. Seems we’ve gone for the throw enough shit and some might stick approach which I thought we’d gone away from.

We needed stability in our first ever year at this level to have any chance of doing anything. That’s not been there and so we’ve looked out of our depth.
It does seem a shame as you've put a lot to get to this level since coming into the EFL (seems a long time since we both sat on 5 points after 13-14 games in 2017). Hopefully we both can stay up and we can both carry on pushing on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!