w/e Saturday 19th November 2022

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Garner moaning again, should have kept the script after we did his side in the play offs. Typical Garner side loads of possession = Vale high press = Garnerball being 63% of knocking it around the back and half way until we pounce.

Gathered from the interview Crosby took the side today? Possibly with DC’s daughters inquest in progress so great for the lads to put in a performance for him.

High press was used to perfection, great goal. Wozza with a beauty of a ball and Butterworth took three of the defenders on and fired into the opposite corner. We really need to ensure we keep him in January as he is looking a great loan signing.

Charlton took 89 minutes to have a shot on target so pleasing defensively. If you’d told me pre back Jones was central of a back three I’d have gone home expecting a pounding but he was outstanding today, Smith wound Stockley up and made him ineffective and Hall was dominant.

Garrity and Conlon had their best games in a frustrating season for them.

Big risk with Willo but seemed to pay off, just wish Mipo didn’t have the touch of cement feet!

I can accept the odd bad day at the office like last week as long as we put it right with a big response and thankfully we got that today.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Garner moaning again, should have kept the script after we did his side in the play offs. Typical Garner side loads of possession = Vale high press = Garnerball being 63% of knocking it around the back and half way until we pounce.

Gathered from the interview Crosby took the side today? Possibly with DC’s daughters inquest in progress so great for the lads to put in a performance for him.

High press was used to perfection, great goal. Wozza with a beauty of a ball and Butterworth took three of the defenders on and fired into the opposite corner. We really need to ensure we keep him in January as he is looking a great loan signing.

Charlton took 89 minutes to have a shot on target so pleasing defensively. If you’d told me pre back Jones was central of a back three I’d have gone home expecting a pounding but he was outstanding today, Smith wound Stockley up and made him ineffective and Hall was dominant.

Garrity and Conlon had their best games in a frustrating season for them.

Big risk with Willo but seemed to pay off, just wish Mipo didn’t have the touch of cement feet!

I can accept the odd bad day at the office like last week as long as we put it right with a big response and thankfully we got that today.
The guy is a knob. He'll soon get tinned from Charlton for playing that dull pointless possession football that gives you good possession stats but gets you nowhere.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
The guy is a knob. He'll soon get tinned from Charlton for playing that dull pointless possession football that gives you good possession stats but gets you nowhere.
Feel he might be out soon or after big changes in January.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Bolton like a late comeback don't they?
It’s becoming too common. We need to stop starting games so slowly. It seems to be the same virtually every week. We go a goal down then have a strong second half. Sometimes we can get back into it and others like Forest Green we can’t. If we can cut the early sloppiness out we might actually be in contention this season. We create plenty and in possession from our box to theirs we are usually really good but we are definitely missing something in the final third… Dion Charles works his nuts off but his goals have dried up completely. Bodvarsson and Bakayoko have had niggly injuries on and off for ages so can’t get a run of games. I think we might be looking to bring in another striker in Jan.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
It’s becoming too common. We need to stop starting games so slowly. It seems to be the same virtually every week. We go a goal down then have a strong second half. Sometimes we can get back into it and others like Forest Green we can’t. If we can cut the early sloppiness out we might actually be in contention this season. We create plenty and in possession from our box to theirs we are usually really good but we are definitely missing something in the final third… Dion Charles works his nuts off but his goals have dried up completely. Bodvarsson and Bakayoko have had niggly injuries on and off for ages so can’t get a run of games. I think we might be looking to bring in another striker in Jan.

Suppose it depends how you look at it. The alternative view is your manager makes the adjustments to win the game later on. Sign of a team that will be in the top six all season to me. Can only base it off our game with you which was a while ago and not much of a snapshot but to me Bodvarsson looks your most effective forward, the others seemed to be dealt with comfortably from memory but he was a right nuisance.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
10th league clean sheet and 14th overall from 26 games. Not bad for an old man

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
His interview is as bad as after the play of defeat. We are an anti football side apparently along with 80% of the division…

Moaned about the pitch, blah blah, he moaned it was too dry in May! Can’t please the bloke.

We are far from an anti football side, just adaptable and not one dimensional which is the problem Garner has. Suss his sides out and it’s loads of passing around your own box and the half way line.

Our goal was one pass which opened them up. More than one way to skin a cat and all that.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Happy with that performance overall. Deserved the point battled hard. Officials absolutely shite.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Feel he might be out soon or after big changes in January.

He's an excuses manager. The sign of a charlatan. Charlton will have a pretty tasty budget for this league. They brought in Swindon's two best players, they have Aneke, Stockley, Blackett Taylor, none of them will be on peanuts. He never admits his own failings, just like when we beat his Swindon team after they had basically assumed they would be at Wembley.

He also said that we didn't try and win the game, in spite of having 13 shots to his team's 5. Proper high grade bell end.

Last edited:

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Pleased with today. Felt we started well (opening 20 minutes) and by far the better team - we deservedly went ahead from a Sanders free kick. We were getting quite a bit of luck down Morecambe's right. After we went ahead, and it always seems to be the case, Morecambe re-organsed and had a lot of the ball. They had 1 good chance first half when hitting the post, and we could have gone 2-0 up with Eyoma's chance. Vernam also had a deflected effort pushed behind by the keeper. Went in 1-0 up at half time and happy with first half.

2nd half, Morecambe bought on Stockton, and I really don't understand why they didn't start with him. He caused O'Connor quite a few issues up top. We needed that second goal and found it through House. Felt that was it and we defended well as a team, except for Stockton having a long range effort bounce back off the post. Final 10 minutes, Weir scored another long range effort (cracking goal) and it was backs against the wall to see it out. So that's 2 wins and 7 draws from 9 home league games.

I feel Morecambe are quite a good side, they played well as a team and have got some good players in there. Wouldn't put it past them surviving this season.

Great to see 8,200 home fans today, including quite a few from the local kids football league. They were making a lot of noise and bouncing around at the end. Looked like they had a great day and will hopefully want to come back again!

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Charlton came on strong after the goal but we held them off.

Eh?

We were diabolical from minute one to minute ninety seven, absolutely disgraceful and weren’t strong at any point.

Worst performance I’ve seen this season probably and deservedly beaten.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
His interview is as bad as after the play of defeat. We are an anti football side apparently along with 80% of the division…

He’s getting on my nerves, there was only side playing football today and it most definitely wasn’t us. Everyone in the away end agreed you passed it with much more purpose than us.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Eh?

We were diabolical from minute one to minute ninety seven, absolutely disgraceful and weren’t strong at any point.

Worst performance I’ve seen this season probably and deservedly beaten.

I think you had a bit more spark once Aneke came on, think he had a half chance not long after that. I’d say there was more certainly than when it was 0-0. Would say Charltons problem was the slow possession game is good when a team isn’t pressing them but think we keyed on that early and there didn’t appear to be a plan B.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton

He’s getting on my nerves, there was only side playing football today and it most definitely wasn’t us. Everyone in the away end agreed you passed it with much more purpose than us.
I think you had a bit more spark once Aneke came on, think he had a half chance not long after that. I’d say there was more certainly than when it was 0-0. Would say Charltons problem was the slow possession game is good when a team isn’t pressing them but think we keyed on that early and there didn’t appear to be a plan B.

Ever so slightly maybe but we didn’t really do anything until stoppage time.

We’re embarrassingly easy to defend against, so slow and boring and give the opposition all the time in the world to get 10 men behind the ball, it’s excruciating to watch.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Fleetwood did well for 85 minutes, then switched off, sloppy defending which you can't do against a big side like Bolton and bingo. Carlos Mendes scorer of another quality goal but we need more up front. Disappointing result for the Cods but the reality was Bolton had been building momentum for the last 20 minutes or so and once they equalised it was all with them. Great crowd and atmosphere, onwards and upwards now to next weekend and Fleetwood on ITV next Sunday 12.30 !!

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Ever so slightly maybe but we didn’t really do anything until stoppage time.

We’re embarrassingly easy to defend against, so slow and boring and give the opposition all the time in the world to get 10 men behind the ball, it’s excruciating to watch.
I felt bad for you today. As you say, way too much knocking it about between your central defence and midfield with no purpose other than to keep the ball.

Garner looks on borrowed time to me. Once you start doing interviews like today, which were completely devoid of the reality of the situation, then there's only one outcome.

Charlton should be doing better than 14th in league one.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
You forgot about the lack of watering the pitch before a turgid home game in his post match interview, can't remember who the opponent was but I'm sure it was a Tuesday night.

I think Bostwick and perhaps Habergham were casualties in playing through the pain barrier and they suffered on leaving us.
2-2 against Carlisle on a Tuesday night IIRC, wasn't very happy was he! The Groundsman left soon after that...!

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Made hard work of it today, we should have seen it out far more comfortably than it was. Eyoma and Diamond in particular had great chances either side of half time to add to our tally and make is easier for ourselves.

Pretty much every Morecambe chance came from our mistake - switched off from a short corner in the first half that they hit the post from, Sanders passing to Stockton when he hit the post, Robson heading in field for a chance (which I think they ref ended up giving a foul for) and Robson's terrible header for their goal.

Morecambe were fairly tidy albeit a bit powderpuff, and not quite good enough at either end of the pitch. Their midfield was half decent but at times it did feel as though it was a midfield who were more concerned with ensuring their passing and passing completion stats were being topped up. We stood up the aerial bombardment in the final 15 mins fairly well, I'm not sure they had a shot on target after they scored and I'm not sure Rushworth had a real save to make all game.

They did change their shape around the 30 minute mark, which caused us issues. First half an hour we pretty much cut off their supply to the midfield and they couldn't get through the press.

I did wonder whether Morecambe's left side centre half was a competition winner because I've not seen someone look that unsure about what to do with a football for a very long time.

Up to 10th with a game in hand on those below us. Previous home draws are costing us a PO place at the minute, which is frustrating.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Made hard work of it today, we should have seen it out far more comfortably than it was. Eyoma and Diamond in particular had great chances either side of half time to add to our tally and make is easier for ourselves.

Pretty much every Morecambe chance came from our mistake - switched off from a short corner in the first half that they hit the post from, Sanders passing to Stockton when he hit the post, Robson heading in field for a chance (which I think they ref ended up giving a foul for) and Robson's terrible header for their goal.

Morecambe were fairly tidy albeit a bit powderpuff, and not quite good enough at either end of the pitch. Their midfield was half decent but at times it did feel as though it was a midfield who were more concerned with ensuring their passing and passing completion stats were being topped up. We stood up the aerial bombardment in the final 15 mins fairly well, I'm not sure they had a shot on target after they scored and I'm not sure Rushworth had a real save to make all game.

They did change their shape around the 30 minute mark, which caused us issues. First half an hour we pretty much cut off their supply to the midfield and they couldn't get through the press.

I did wonder whether Morecambe's left side centre half was a competition winner because I've not seen someone look that unsure about what to do with a football for a very long time.

Up to 10th with a game in hand on those below us. Previous home draws are costing us a PO place at the minute, which is frustrating.
Seems like you have found a way to grind out results. I thought you lacked any ambition at our place the other week and rightly got beat. But at least you have a set up of trying not to concede and then nicking one at the other end. I imagine it's not pretty but effective.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

We're 9th would you believe!

Reaction score
Supports
Peterborough United
Suppose it depends how you look at it. The alternative view is your manager makes the adjustments to win the game later on. Sign of a team that will be in the top six all season to me. Can only base it off our game with you which was a while ago and not much of a snapshot but to me Bodvarsson looks your most effective forward, the others seemed to be dealt with comfortably from memory but he was a right nuisance.

Good point and the complete opposite of Posh who have dropped 17 points this season in the last 15 minutes, after McCann employes his usual 23 substututions each game.

Although not the case yesterday when a bloody decent Gas team were just miles better from minute 1 to minute 90.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Seems like you have found a way to grind out results. I thought you lacked any ambition at our place the other week and rightly got beat. But at least you have a set up of trying not to concede and then nicking one at the other end. I imagine it's not pretty but effective.
Thats how we had set up away in October, but last 3 at home have started to be a bit more adventurous with more attacking wingbacks. Next 2 away are Shrewsbury and Cheltenham.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
We started slow, and rode our luck in the first 15 mins, but we were much the better team for the rest of the first half and I think we deserved to go in a goal up. We're so much better when Alfie May is in the team and I have to admit that I've been guilty of underplaying his importance sometimes.

Second half, we started ok but then went defensive. In previous years, this was a death knell as inviting pressure would usually result in a goal, however under Wade Elliott we actually look solid as a rock at the back and I can only think of one occasion where Wycombe looked like scoring. It's a risky strategy, but I actually feel quite confident when we switch to this. What's better is that in the last 10 mins it seemed as if Wycombe had completely ran out of ideas and we were actually on the front foot.

Performances like this are what will keep us up - and it was good to see the fans getting right behind the team.

Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
England
Nicked stats from Yeo, Yeo on Away Attendance. Cheers :thumbs:
1668943425018.png

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Interesting how the table is shaping up. Top 3 are running away now (odds on the team that finishes third blows the play offs!)

Then it’s really condensed and the relegation zone is getting cut adrift. As it stands 36 points keeps you up.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
To be fair, we're into our third cycle already this season - started off open and front foot, then went the other way through October (correctly with some difficult games) and now we've found a bit more of a balance. I wouldn't take that game at Vale Park as a barometer for us this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!