Week ending 30th October

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
've just watched the highlights back. There was a man covering for the Sutton incident so I got that wrong
I've not seen the highlights but at the time I thought that Sutton moved the ball to his right which gave him a clear shot at goal. I still think that should have been a red. The FGR goal Certainly looked a foul on Gillead but our players have to play to the whistle. The scorer(who looked a very good player) should not have been allowed to travel so far. I wouldn't expect that ref to see it but Matt was in an offside position. He made sure he didn't touch the ball but a fine bit of American football saw him block off Canavan and prevent him from tackling the scorer.
Having said that, it wasn't the ref's fault that we can't take simple chances and you have to commend the FGR defender for superb defending when the Watt free kick beat their goalie. In the 2nd half, we hit the bar but apart from that, we never troubled their defence. We were crying out for Vernam to come on and work them for they were easily managing route 1.

Reactions: Cas

SELatic

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
Swindon have got some very decent players. We are complete rubbish. Awful experience going to Boundary Park these days

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Carlisle fans love him... fans of everyone else hate him. Is he widely seen as arrogant or is it just that he is very partisan? I always assumed that all local commentaries were partisan, being done by fans and former players and some are but last season when we had to listen to a lot of opposition commentaries due to covid I noticed that there are a good few teams here who get depressingly impartial commentators, not impartial in that they are necessarily balanced and unbiased, just impartial in that they sound like they really aren't fussed over which team wins.

There's nothing wrong with being biased or favouring your old team - it's probably his arrogance: seems to have all the answers, an 'if only they'd listen to me' kind of thing. And like you say, Carlisle are "promotion material" when they're winning, and "a useless bunch" when they're losing.

Rumours that James Phillips, our usual commentator on BBCRC has been either suspended or fired, following comments about the board of directors valuing the club too highly. He wasn't commentating today, which is rare but not unheard of, however his twitter profile has also gone.

Did he go into specifics about the valuation or say it in an accusatory way? Seems a bit extreme to suspend him for basically saying the club needs to lower its asking price.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Yems is crying on his interview as per
just seen yems interview

admits he hasn't seen the red back, doesn't know what it was for, but is told it was grappling so he then says why isn't it just a yellow, its only 10 mins into the game. also mentions that the "referees little friend" gave the decision - meaning the linesman

it takes him a minute, and his rant is based on it being for grappling when in actual fact it was for an elbow which was caught on the cameras. pretty cut and dried to me although i had the benefit of a replay on ifollow

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Conlon is different class. Probably one of the best players in the division. Has the touch and vision way above this level and I'd be amazed if we didn't get offers in January. His free kicks around the area almost inevitably lead to at the very least a presentable shot on target.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Conlon is different class. Probably one of the best players in the division. Has the touch and vision way above this level and I'd be amazed if we didn't get offers in January. His free kicks around the area almost inevitably lead to at the very least a presentable shot on target.

He’s actually started the season slowly, but really coming back into full form now and oozing quality again. Four for the season now so on target to beat last seasons and we haven’t had a penalty yet.

That pairing with Pett and Conlon looks absolute miles ahead of what we’ve had in the recent past.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
What's most pleasing is that we have still not been amazing in any performance, yet sit second in the league. We're scoring at least 3 per game from all over the pitch.

Crawley did well with 2 banks of 4, which is always difficult to play against but our class shone through again.

Good times!

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
What's most pleasing is that we have still not been amazing in any performance, yet sit second in the league. We're scoring at least 3 per game from all over the pitch.

Crawley did well with 2 banks of 4, which is always difficult to play against but our class shone through again.

Good times!

Similar to us, 4 wins in a row and in 3 of those we haven’t got out of second gear, goals also flowing more freely and we aren’t conceding. End the season now IMO, just in case of another lockdown.

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Mansfield were awful, yet played as a team and got in our faces. Couldn't fault their commitment, even if all of their inroads were entirely of our own doing. We on the other hand failed to string two passes together all game and we move the ball painfully slowly, giving Mansfield all the time in the world to get bodies around the man with the ball. We've been lucky the last 5, 6 seasons to be carried by at least one twenty goal striker, even when the rest of the team has been struggling. Not having that one player with even a hint of cutting edge up front to rescue us when the team throws in inept performances is seriously hurting us. Our transfer strategy, especially regarding strikers, needs a serious overhaul.

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
We've had several contentious refereeing decisions go our way lately (and I really can't see that isn't another one to add to the list), after a long time in which they generally went against us.

Young, the goal scorer, is very capable but still quite raw, definitely someone to watch for the future.

Dunno why whenever we play Bradford City things tend to get a bit lairy, but they have done almost every time. It doesn't happen at every game, honest.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Ok. Other than you not understanding how offside works, wtf is controversial about that?
Think you're the one struggling here. Matt is offside at this point and then interferes with play by blocking off Canavan.
20211030_222601.jpg

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
We've had several contentious refereeing decisions go our way lately (and I really can't see that isn't another one to add to the list), after a long time in which they generally went against us.

Young, the goal scorer, is very capable but still quite raw, definitely someone to watch for the future.

Dunno why whenever we play Bradford City things tend to get a bit lairy, but they have done almost every time. It doesn't happen at every game, honest.
That lad seems to enjoy playing at Valley Parade. Scored a cracker in this fixture last year too.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City

Can we get some unbiased views on their equaliser. Gillead is fouled for me, ref is about to blow then plays advantage to FGR it seems? Wasn't sure myself.
He was fouled, but I have noticed that this season a lot of these type of fouls have not been given. Its as if refs have been told to give the benefit of the doubt to let the game flow
Not saying its right, its just what I've seen in a lot of games.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
He was fouled, but I have noticed that this season a lot of these type of fouls have not been given. Its as if refs have been told to give the benefit of the doubt to let the game flow
Not saying its right, its just what I've seen in a lot of games.
Yep, definite foul but the defending after that was woeful.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Mansfield were awful, yet played as a team and got in our faces. Couldn't fault their commitment, even if all of their inroads were entirely of our own doing. We on the other hand failed to string two passes together all game and we move the ball painfully slowly, giving Mansfield all the time in the world to get bodies around the man with the ball. We've been lucky the last 5, 6 seasons to be carried by at least one twenty goal striker, even when the rest of the team has been struggling. Not having that one player with even a hint of cutting edge up front to rescue us when the team throws in inept performances is seriously hurting us. Our transfer strategy, especially regarding strikers, needs a serious overhaul.

Good worked goals today, both of them. The pass and finish for the first is superb and the second Oates did very well to set it up.

Less said about Danny Johnson penalty the better mind.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Good worked goals today, both of them. The pass and finish for the first is superb and the second Oates did very well to set it up.

Less said about Danny Johnson penalty the better mind.
Mansfield will be up there come the end of the season. Best team vale have played this season by some distance.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Yems is crying on his interview as per
I'm beginning to get tired of him berating the refs. We all know what Trevor Kettle can be like but in this instance he was 100% correct to send Lynch off. There were a few contentious decisions (I would have booked your left back for a blatant dive for instance) but what does shouting or screaming about the refs do apart from giving our money to the fa and pissing off all the refs who come here.

Four losses on the bounce. They can't all be the fault of the ref and if the players are not doing what you tell them to do drop them. It's time to start taking responsibility for the way you set the side up and responsibility for the players performance.

Casey

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Conlon is different class. Probably one of the best players in the division.

No doubt about it. Been excellent every time I’ve seen him. One of a few players who would walk into absolutely any side in the division (Falkingham, Cadden, Ebou Adams, Beckles, Matt Jay all spring to mind). Keep him fit and you’ll finish in the top 3.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
The less said about today the better. Embarrassing performance, seemed to give up even at 1-0 down never mind what came afterwards. Orient should have been down to ten men, but no excuses at all because even with ten they would’ve gone on to batter us today.

Hope the rumours of Challinor being linked with Stockport have nothing to do with the mentality of the team today because they were embarrassing, not one of them covered themselves in any glory today. Absolutely raging.

Dan Phillips

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Christ Tranmere right up there with Port Vale for being shit today, difference is Vale had somebody who took a good free-kick.

And the ability to take a result from a game whilst not being at our best? You created absolutely nothing yourselves and our keeper hardly had anything to do. You just knocked the ball around pretty well and looked dangerous but your end product was non-existent bar the goal. We're clearly one of the best teams in the league and just had a bad day at the office. Speaks volumes about you when it was one of your better performances of the season, and our absolute worst, and you still couldn't beat us and never looked like doing either.

Can we get some unbiased views on their equaliser. Gillead is fouled for me, ref is about to blow then plays advantage to FGR it seems? Wasn't sure myself.

Soft, but a foul, yes. Laughable defending though, regardless of any mitigating factors regarding any potential offside. Why didn't one of your lads take him out and take the booking for the team? I'd be hugely disappointed if we let an opposition player bundle his way through like that.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

Hope the rumours of Challinor being linked with Stockport have nothing to do with the mentality of the team today because they were embarrassing, not one of them covered themselves in any glory today. Absolutely raging.
It possibly does mate to be fair, you could hear how upset he was on his Tees interview.

How this lot come back time and again at home but fall apart with ease away is mad. They do it every time, go a goal down, heads drop and white flags all round.

DC said there's no strength in depth, no one taking responsibility and you can see he's pissed off. I hope that's all it is, not sure I can stomach him going down a league. The fact he's signed a new contract obviously not worth the paper it's written on if he's basically threatening to leave if Stockport want him.

Even if he doesn't go you can see Wrexham coming in for him when they sack Parkinson. The constant speculation probably isn't helping anyone so if he wants to clear off, realistically maybe it's better if he does.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Same after today. Absolutely abysmal way to play the game. A shame because their fans on here a great bunch so I won't go on about it.

Should be winning it though all said and done. Missing chancves again. I really like Cook but he's missing a lot of chances :(
It is strange. We played them a few weeks back when it was on telly. Real good game, no histrionics from them at all. We’ve all got a couple of shithouse players, I suppose.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
No doubt about it. Been excellent every time I’ve seen him. One of a few players who would walk into absolutely any side in the division (Falkingham, Cadden, Ebou Adams, Beckles, Matt Jay all spring to mind). Keep him fit and you’ll finish in the top 3.

He’s come on massively considering he was released from Stevenage and we picked him up as a trialist, key is going to be keeping him in January, we have given him a three year big contract so would take a big offer you’d think with that in mind, fact he’s local and got an academy set up with Smudge hopefully means he won’t be easily turned but will be a test of our owners if a big bid does come in.

He’s one that wouldn’t look out of place in the league above but hopefully that can be with us.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I'm beginning to get tired of him berating the refs. We all know what Trevor Kettle can be like but in this instance he was 100% correct to send Lynch off. There were a few contentious decisions (I would have booked your left back for a blatant dive for instance) but what does shouting or screaming about the refs do apart from giving our money to the fa and pissing off all the refs who come here.

Four losses on the bounce. They can't all be the fault of the ref and if the players are not doing what you tell them to do drop them. It's time to start taking responsibility for the way you set the side up and responsibility for the players performance.

Casey

It was strange because he hadn’t seen it! But he was complimentary about the Vale again which is nice to see.

I don’t overly mind a manager who wears his heart on his sleeve, loved Micky for it and the same with DC.

Bone Idle

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
I don't normally blow smoke up my own teams arse! but we were awsome yesterday and dom telford is on fire, thats 7 in 3 and 8 in october should be nailed on for L2 player of the month

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Earlier in season FGR were playing wonderful attractive flowing football with plenty of goals while not conceding any. Latterly not so much so and against Bradford both sets of fans had to watch basically a dour match.

I agree with most previous comments by those who attended game: -

[#] I expected Cargill to have been given a Red rather than Yellow on 45’ when he brought down Sutton on edge of box. FGR did bloody good preventing Bradford from scoring from resultant free kick.

[#] I did blink in amazement while watching equalising goal. Would be unhappy if that had been scored against FGR. Nevertheless it was a terrific goal by Young, who has yet to become a 1st team starting regular. Deserved FGR’s MoM.

[#] BBC stats give FGR 60% possession. At one time they held onto ball for about five minutes but credit to Bradford, they prevented ball from leaving the FGR half of field.

[#] Cannot agree that FGR players cheated. The tone for Bradford’s understandably anger started after that 45’ incident. On one occasion Adams was completely spun around after a dodgy foul. BBC FOUL stats have Bradford 15 to FGR’s 12.
I do agree with those who believe referee Marc Edwards should undergo more supervised training.

[#] I agree with comment on BBC website: "Valuable point for FGR against one of the League’s underperforming giants."

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
The multiple decisions that went in FGR’s favour for their goal will take the headlines but they were simply the tip of the iceberg from the first kick, a fight whereby we had both hands tied behind our back. Everyone will drop points to a dodgy pen or soft card but the sheer number of decisions yesterday from the officials were beyond belief - not since the early 2000’s when we had two sent off against Burnley could I think back to a game whereby calls were so game changingly one sided.
Away from the officials, had Cook not missed another sitter as he did last week too, an open goal essentially before half time, at 2-0 the game could/should have been over but as is now a weekly occurrence we concede a teams first (and only really) shot at goal to cost us. The extreme sh*t housing tactics FGR use clearly work given their league position, and whilst on paper a point against the top side sounds decent yesterday felt like a loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshsuwus
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!