Week ending Saturday 22nd October 2022

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
We've lost.
It’s ridiculous our injury luck the last couple of years. If we lost one it’s a blow, to lose both ahead of a packed couple of weeks is a complete disaster and could see us into the drop with the points likely lost.
What a blow, easy three points for Cambridge today both Wilson and Harrison injured along with Politic.

That’s literally our whole goal threat gone
You lot are ridiculous.

We were appalling and deserved to lose. We’re a shadow of the side that won promotion from league 2 two years ago and the side that finished comfortably mid table last season. Vale had all the best chances and I reckon we’d not have scored even with 15 hours of stoppage time as opposed to the 15 minutes there was.

Really really poor.

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
That. Will. Do.

Last minute winner, in front of the big bank. Beautiful.

Diabate going off as a precaution, and confirmed in the post match interview that he’s fine just had ran out of legs.

Just the small one of Derby (a) next… brilliant.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You lot are ridiculous.

We were appalling and deserved to lose. We’re a shadow of the side that won promotion from league 2 two years ago and the side that finished comfortably mid table last season. Vale had all the best chances and I reckon we’d not have scored even with 15 hours of stoppage time as opposed to the 15 minutes there was.

Really really poor.
To be fair we were missing some real big players for us today so I don’t think any Vale fan was confident when that team sheet came out. Having a RWB and a kid that so far has looked raw up top instead of James Wilson and one of the leagues form strikers Ellis Harrison was a huge blow pre game (seems like minor niggles).

It’s a big win, we usually give teams a helping hand and Mipo and Massey did well. Great to see Connor Hall back and seemed much better today, the two hot dogs to create himself a chance as a centre half was good to see, imagine he will enjoy himself being and still living in Cambridge!

It’s two wins from 9 now to achieve the 25 point target by the half way point to be on track, hopefully we can surpass that to make the second half of the season more comfortable but we seem to be improving week on week and results are grinding through at the moment, shame we couldn’t hold on against Cheltenham and didn’t gift FGR a 2 goal lead or things would look even better but good to see we appear to be settling into the league now.

Tough three games to come now with Ipswich and Lincoln at home and Wycombe away before the cup break but if we can get 3 or 4 points from those il be fairly content.

Think the snazzy new Away kit has now been won in three times as many times as the original 1991 kit it’s based on as well which was a worry when it was released! Cambridge commentary team seemed to like chatting about it!

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You lot are ridiculous.

Really really poor.
In fairness, we did have our 2 best players out, so I'm amazed we got anything from the game.

We seemed to play you at the perfect time today as you seemed really low on confidence and didn't really seem to know what to do with the ball when you got in and around our area. To not have a single shot on target as the home team must raise alarm bells.

I think we were the far better side first half, and it was a bit scrappy second half but we thoroughly deserved it. I was pessimistic going into the game and even more so when I saw the team but we seem to be settling into this league now. Only been outplayed by Exeter and Peterborough so far and the other games we have lost, we have been in them.

Tough trio of fixtures coming up but we should be full of confidence after 7 points out of 9 in the last 3. We look like we'll be way off the relegation spots and even the possibility of a cheeky shot at the top 10 if things come together.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
The pack at the bottom has now tightened thanks to our win and morecambe’s.
Nobody cut adrift.
We are much tighter at the back now and have given ourselves a fighting chance.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
The pack at the bottom has now tightened thanks to our win and morecambe’s.
Nobody cut adrift.
We are much tighter at the back now and have given ourselves a fighting chance.

The only one based on what we know right now I think are in deep trouble is MK. That will change when they sack Manning (similar to your good selves with JFH). Seems like a traditional L1 season where things are quite tightly picked up to about 8th really.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Looking forward to Plymouth, think it’s going to be a really tough test with a fantastic atmosphere.

Can see a 2-2 draw with us going ahead building excitement around our form. Only for Plymouth to outclass us and be leading 2-1 before a 80th minute equaliser and then end to end football.

Get your bets on now!
Ok i got the order of goals wrong pretty happy with this prediction.

Good game today, thought the first half was fairly even but Plymouth were just the more clinical team and looked more dangerous on the attack. 2nd half we were in total control tbh and I'm disappointed to come away with a draw.

I think we just about shaded it tbh, but Plymouth certainly didn't deserve to lose if that makes any sense. No doubt Plymouth are a top top team though, despite us looking good, they scored 2 goals with their only 2 shots on target, still drew away from home, which was undoubtedly a bigger game for us than them.. They'll go far this season I'm sure. It was just nice to see 2 teams really go for it for 90 minutes, no time wasting really, no playing the ref, just good old you attack then we attack type football.

As for ourselves I think come away with 4 points from Plymouth (h), Wednesday (a) & Derby (a) and I might start thinking we could be on for a top 10 finish this season.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Ridiculous decision. We have 3 left wing backs at the club and he’s decided to try and shoe horn Dapo in there. Can’t get my head around it. And Sadlier can’t get a game. I love Evatt but he’s starting to make some strange decisions and last couple of weeks we’ve gone from looking really good to terrible especially away from home.
I am joe bloggs off the street but i called it right..............Knew we would score a couple but knew the best defence up until today would get breached and concede a couple......
3/4 changes each week tells me he has not got a clue on his best 11
Bradley will be back next week at rwb...........Not convinced Evatt has confidence in Either Iredale or John at LWB so may play Dapo as a stop gap.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
We lost but were always in the game at least. Mingi was the best player on the pitch for me, and was that his first start?
Agree with you on that, he was quick...very quick, their number 6 was also pretty decent.

I thought we actually played OK today, if our finishing had been a little more clinical we might have got something from the game...was expecting us to get a bit of a beating if I'm honest, thought their fans were pretty quiet considering how many there were, or maybe we have just upped the decibels a little. If we can play like we did in the second half, when we took the game to them, for the rest of the season we might just avoid the drop.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Better performance than last season down at Sincil Bank but feel frustrated overall.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Better performance than last season down at Sincil Bank but feel frustrated overall.
After the defensive howler from our keeper, I fully expected you to have a comfortable afternoon. Pleased we dug deep and show we are no pushovers this season! You've got so much ridiculous quality in that squad though, however so many wayward crosses/ passes today. You could see Bannan getting frustrated second half after that Windass long range effort went so far over!!

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I am joe bloggs off the street but i called it right..............Knew we would score a couple but knew the best defence up until today would get breached and concede a couple......
3/4 changes each week tells me he has not got a clue on his best 11
Bradley will be back next week at rwb...........Not convinced Evatt has confidence in Either Iredale or John at LWB so may play Dapo as a stop gap.
It didn’t work, we only started to look threatening when we went to a back 4 and Dapo went back to left wing, which is the position he is definitely best in. I think he may go back 4 midweek. And if he doesn’t he needs to go 523 and play Dapo wide. No way he will play Dapo wing back again surely.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
After the defensive howler from our keeper, I fully expected you to have a comfortable afternoon. Pleased we dug deep and show we are no pushovers this season! You've got so much ridiculous quality in that squad though, however so many wayward crosses/ passes today. You could see Bannan getting frustrated second half after that Windass long range effort went so far over!!
Didn't capitalise on the gift but overall a draw was about right

Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
England
1666490827252.png

Last edited:

Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
England
Moore-Taylor out again. Bollocks.

Tbf a number of our injured players such as Boyes, Matt and Fiabema are starting to come back this last week or so, which is a good sign. JMT is such a crucial part of our defence though, keeping a clean sheet will be a challenge.
Last year during title winning season FGR, under different manager, had next to no injuries to key players and nowhere near as many bookings.
This season same physio and same fitness coach but odds-on favourites to be relegated !!
Just a thought but .................

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Last year during title winning season FGR, under different manager, had next to no injuries to key players and nowhere near as many bookings.
This season same physio and same fitness coach but odds-on favourites to be relegated !!
Just a thought but .................
Change in how you train?

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Two decent sides I thought. Pasoti doesnt agree with that regarding us though it seems! :bg:
I had a scroll on there before and after our game against them. Very very weird. Before the game we were seen as arrogant, a small club, arrogant fanbase etc. After the game it was that they deserved to win 6-0 and that our fans were sh*t (despite nearly selling out and travelling across the country for a Sunday noon game on sky). Just all round a very weird fanbase based on that.

Much prefer reading the very fair and balanced thoughts of PlymouthCasual on here as well as the few Plymouth fans I spoke to on the train back after the game last year. All of whom came across well. For whatever reason that Pasoti forum just seemed to have a fair amount of tits and I’d say was a poor reflection of their fanbase who’ve always come across as decent on the occasions we’ve actually played them.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
I had a scroll on there before and after our game against them. Very very weird. Before the game we were seen as arrogant, a small club, arrogant fanbase etc. After the game it was that they deserved to win 6-0 and that our fans were sh*t (despite nearly selling out and travelling across the country for a Sunday noon game on sky). Just all round a very weird fanbase based on that.

Much prefer reading the very fair and balanced thoughts of PlymouthCasual on here as well as the few Plymouth fans I spoke to on the train back after the game last year. All of whom came across well. For whatever reason that Pasoti forum just seemed to have a fair amount of tits and I’d say was a poor reflection of their fanbase who’ve always come across as decent on the occasions we’ve actually played them.
Tbf Twtd isn't much different

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Tbf Twtd isn't much different
Hmmm not sure about that. TWTD has some morons but overall is a lot more balanced. Whereas Pasoti almost unanimously before the game seemed to have a stick up their ass about our fans, players, owners, sponsors, club tea lady, mascot. To the extent that before the game we were being referred to as ‘another hoof ball thug side’ despite every other teams fans agreeing we look to pass it on the floor and keep the ball. If anything, we don’t do enough direct play. Very bizarre anyway.

As it goes though despite that very strange thread, I quite like Plymouth. Compare them with Portsmouth and I’d say 99.9% of Ipswich fans prefer them. In fact I’d be happy enough if they came up with us despite Pasoti.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Hmmm not sure about that. TWTD has some morons but overall is a lot more balanced. Whereas Pasoti almost unanimously before the game seemed to have a stick up their ass about our fans, players, owners, sponsors, club tea lady, mascot. To the extent that before the game we were being referred to as ‘another hoof ball thug side’ despite every other teams fans agreeing we look to pass it on the floor and keep the ball. If anything, we don’t do enough direct play. Very bizarre anyway.

As it goes though despite that very strange thread, I quite like Plymouth. Compare them with Portsmouth and I’d say 99.9% of Ipswich fans prefer them. In fact I’d be happy enough if they came up with us despite Pasoti.
TWTD is very biased like Pasoti but like our site we as fans tend to not see it.

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united
Fuck me we’re poor at the minute and yet again barely a chance created, injuries haven’t helped but some of our players just look afraid to have a go.
Vale fully deserved the win, digby’s own goal aside they created the better chances but that’s the most frustrated I’ve been during this shit run, closely followed by rovers, no chance we’re losing to them with the side from last season but this side at present looks a shadow of it, something is clearly wrong and needs sorting sharpish.

Saw quite a few vale fans in the boozer I go in before kick off(don’t usually get that many) who had heard what a decent pint was on offer, hope all enjoyed.

I’m absolutely dreading next Saturday already!

KTF.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City

Wait till you play us, we are the nicest fans in the country!

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
We lost but were always in the game at least. Mingi was the best player on the pitch for me, and was that his first start?
Yes, Mingi has been unlucky not to get a start before now. Always looks dynamic when he comes on.

As for the game I thought you got stronger as it went on and had some really good situations that didn't quite turn into good chances.

We seemed very passive in the second half, where a more confident team would have been looking for a second goal to kill it off. I think that can be put down to the fact that we'd not won for four games and both central midfielders were making their first starts of the season. This meant that we were unwilling to commit too many players forward and chose boring game management in the second half.

We look quite a limited team with certain key players missing. Thompson and Jacobs are probably out long term, but Pack was only serving a one match suspension and hopefully Lowery, Morrell and Rafferty aren't too far away from a full return.

We're certainly not unique regarding the number of first teamers missing. This league can really grind your squad down at times.

ProfessorGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle
To be honest I’m glad to come away from that with a point, always hurts after being in the lead but objectively speaking it’s a good result. Didn’t feel like we ever really got going yesterday, misplaced passes all over the pitch and it became a bit of a scrap which suited Rovers.

2 moment of quality from us in 2 screamers and then we never really created anything else in the match, so we should credit the Gas for that as not many teams have restricted our chances like that this season. We were crying out for Cosgrove second half but it appears he’s picked up an injury.

Barton changed it up at half time and from there it was one sided stuff for 25 minutes and Rovers deserved their goals, we made subs and got a bit more of a foothold.

It was nervy, high octane, scrappy and a quite emotion fuelled game but as others have said if you go away to Rovers in front of a sold out crowd when they’ve won 5 in a row then a point is a good result, particularly if we follow it up with a home win on Tuesday.

PlymouthCasual

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle

There seems to be a certain demographic of whinging old men who frequent the clubs forums where I would say that mixed forums like this give a more balanced and logical approach from my experience.

Pasoti has done some great work for the club and local charities ect but alot of younger posters do tend to avoid it as it can be very melodramatic. Currently there is a thread on there with regards to the recent use of smoke bombs from our fans and one fella has suggested banning anybody under the age of 25 from attending fixtures in the future:pmsl:

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Game of two half’s at Rovers yesterday. We had control of the game in the first half, scored two great goals and should of been cruising in the second half.

Rovers brought the big lad Coburn on and he changed the game. Worst possible start for us conceding right after half time, but Rovers came out up for it, shooting towards their home fans and the momentum they built up after the 1st got them the 2nd.

Think we did well in the end to gain a bit of control again and had a decent spell in the last 20 minutes, game kind of just petered out towards the end.

Definitely would of took a point, we don’t do very well at the Mem but frustrating to give away a 2 goal lead in the first 15 mins of the second half.

If Rovers can play like they did 2nd half against other teams it’ll turn into a very tough place to go.

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
That. Will. Do.

Last minute winner, in front of the big bank. Beautiful.

Diabate going off as a precaution, and confirmed in the post match interview that he’s fine just had ran out of legs.

Just the small one of Derby (a) next… brilliant.
You bastards cost me £85.. had Fleetwood or draw in my acca. Took the advice of a City fan that posted on here saying Fleetwood 3/1 was a good price. That’ll teach me :lac:

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
I went yesterday. Thought we started strong but gradually got worse as the game went on and had FGR pinched a point, I couldn't have complained overall even though McGee made a couple of cracking saves. I always rated him when he was with us - an excellent shot-stopper.

We can be thankful that, in the end, FGR just turned out to be worse than we were on the day and that's the sort of performance that gets you relegated. From a Pompey POV I'm happy to shithouse a 1-0 after the Charlton debacle on Monday. Mingi was class, especially considering it was his first start.

As for the atmosphere, the consensus among the Pompey fans I spoke to was that it was too difficult to get any kind of atmosphere going in the open away end and it felt like a pre-season friendly. I thought the FGR fans in the far end behind the goal were actually pretty loud, so fair play to them.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
Didn't watch our game yesterday but sounded like we were so poor again.

3 losses on the bounce following our excellent performance against Bolton and Wade is now under a bit of pressure. Home to Morecambe and MK next - win both and he'll buy himself some time, lose both and he could be a goner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!