Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
If they don’t go pop.

WhiteRussian

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
They gave it one hell of a go didn't they.

The question now is where they go from here. I expect them to lose Rooney and their good youngsters so it might be a quick stop in league 1 on their way to the bottom.

If they don't go POP as PuB said.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
A local derby for us next season. At last. It’s 9 miles.
Hopefully the football gods shine on us and we are at their place first game of the season, it’s a red hot day, train into the centre, drinking in the many decent boozers, go to the game and win 2-0. That’s my daydream anyway.
They will probably start on minus 15 points. I am sure they think they will piss the league and come straight back up, just like Sunderland, Pompey, Ipswich, and pretty much everyone else who comes down has thought.
Will be another large club down in the third tier to fill the away ends up. Bring it on.
And to my neighbour - take your Rams flag down from the bedroom window you bellend. It’s devaluing your house.

Reactions: PuB

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
A local derby for us next season. At last. It’s 9 miles.
Hopefully the football gods shine on us and we are at their place first game of the season, it’s a red hot day, train into the centre, drinking in the many decent boozers, go to the game and win 2-0. That’s my daydream anyway.
They will probably start on minus 15 points. I am sure they think they will piss the league and come straight back up, just like Sunderland, Pompey, Ipswich, and pretty much everyone else who comes down has thought.
Will be another large club down in the third tier to fill the away ends up. Bring it on.
And to my neighbour - take your Rams flag down from the bedroom window you bellend. It’s devaluing your house.
Portsmouth didn't come down, they came up in 2017. They were in League Two for the previous two years.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Portsmouth didn't come down, they came up in 2017. They were in League Two for the previous two years.
Well spotted. I was referring to the larger clubs that once had a seat at the top table, but you are right they dropped right down before coming back.

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Point of order - the title of this thread is wrong. It should say: Welcome WRDC (Wayne Rooney’s Derby County)

At least L1 will have more TV games…

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Whilst I think the fifth tier has to win the prize for the ultimate league where you look at half the teams and think, “I can’t believe they’re all down here”, L1 runs it close, and Derby’s a fresh new scalp in that respect - although I guess we’ll be losing Wigan which is kind of like for like.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Heard someone say that Rooney is on 50k a week!
Wtf!
Do wonder if they'll start the season as has already been mentioned.

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan
If they get a takeover done before the summer window, they'll be fine just like we were. L1 is a very easy league to rebuild in, especially when you've got the funds that a club the size of Derby should have. The key is getting the right team together off the field in order to recruit the right players. That includes the manager, chief executive, board of directors etc.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
If they get a takeover done before the summer window, they'll be fine just like we were. L1 is a very easy league to rebuild in, especially when you've got the funds that a club the size of Derby should have. The key is getting the right team together off the field in order to recruit the right players. That includes the manager, chief executive, board of directors etc.
Not every club comes down in quite the same position. I think Villa might have been down here now had the result in the playoff final a few years back gone the other way.

That’s the price of chasing the impossible dream when you can’t pay for it, and to be honest, it fucking well has to stop.

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Whilst I think the fifth tier has to win the prize for the ultimate league where you look at half the teams and think, “I can’t believe they’re all down here”, L1 runs it close, and Derby’s a fresh new scalp in that respect - although I guess we’ll be losing Wigan which is kind of like for like.

I don’t think you can compare losing Wigan and gaining Derby is like for like personally. Derby are much larger of a club than Wigan.

If Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland don’t go up, we could end up with average attendances across the league not far behind the championship

Tea Towel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday

Did you not nearly get relegated again?

White horse

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
All administrations are different. Wigan's administrators were able to get their previous owners who had been paying all their outgoings to write off 38 million pounds worth of debt to them and then the new owners could then buy them for a cut price £3 million or so which paid off all their other debts, The new owners could then start off from scratch. They seem to be funding the club to pay decent wages at this level for example the below and have assembled a good a squad at this level. They are paying £6 million a year in wages according to this article but the new owners have said they will never leave the club in admin again so they have got lucky as far as the new owners,. No wonder they think it is an easy league to rebuild in. That's what annoys me about Wigan, they have poached players they can't really afford off the likes of Portsmouth and Sunderland whilst getting shocking crowds.

Bolton on the other hand, as the administrators put it " had to overcome the obstacle of rogue chairman Ken Anderson who has used his position as a secured creditor to hamper and frustrate any deal that did not benefit him or suit his purposes". Bolton were incredibly lucky to survive and were still paying debts from the admin settlement up to 4 months ago but now everything has been cleared. As you may remember we had to field a team of 17/18year olds for a few weeks as Anderson had not paid wages for months , in fact he had paid nobody apart from himself £625k a year, "consultancy fees" and his son a further £125k for more consultancy ! How he ended up through the back door as owner I will never know. In September 2005 he was disqualified from being a company director for eight years after his firm Professional Sports International Ltd, and seven other of his companies, went bust. The official Insolvency Service notice stated that Anderson had failed to ensure his companies paid VAT, then failed to cooperate with liquidators. At PSI, “Mr Anderson diverted/sought to divert PSI’s funds by depositing them into a personal bank account in his own name and invoicing in the name of another connected company.”

We will have to see what kind of administration Derby go through.

Ninety Per Cent

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Anderson was a pure shyster. I thought you lot were gone the way the mess unraveled, but on the way back.

As for Derby, they've got a decent fan base about the only thing going for them. The Ground gets a fair bit of use for Conferences etc. (IF the new owner buys it) so that's some income. Winning there 4-1 in the league and on penalties in the League Cup with one of the worst teams we've had were great days out. (Especially for the later none of Scunny's premier fan group was there)

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan
Did you not nearly get relegated again?
Yes, but that was whilst in administration. Hence my point IF they get a takeover done before the summer transfer window. If they don't, then it could be a season of pain ahead depending on which players they have contracted for next season.

I'm assuming that Derby will have a very small number of contracted players when this is all over and no debt. Hence, their new owner (if he's a good un) will have the ability to totally rebuild the Derby squad.

All administrations are different. Wigan's administrators were able to get their previous owners who had been paying all their outgoings to write off 38 million pounds worth of debt to them and then the new owners could then buy them for a cut price £3 million or so which paid off all their other debts, The new owners could then start off from scratch. They seem to be funding the club to pay decent wages at this level for example the below and have assembled a good a squad at this level. They are paying £6 million a year in wages according to this article but the new owners have said they will never leave the club in admin again so they have got lucky as far as the new owners,. No wonder they think it is an easy league to rebuild in. That's what annoys me about Wigan, they have poached players they can't really afford off the likes of Portsmouth and Sunderland whilst getting shocking crowds.

There's as much chance Jason Kerr is on 16k a week as there is you having ever had sex.

Tea Towel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Yes, but that was whilst in administration. Hence my point IF they get a takeover done before the summer transfer window. If they don't, then it could be a season of pain ahead depending on which players they have contracted for next season.

I'm assuming that Derby will have a very small number of contracted players when this is all over and no debt. Hence, their new owner (if he's a good un) will have the ability to totally rebuild the Derby squad.

Would imagine they will still have some heavy restrictions in place regarding incoming players and what they can spend. There’s talk of another points deduction too but I’m not sure how accurate that is. I think they’ll struggle personally, the best prospects from the academy will be snapped up if they’ve looked half decent this season.

White horse

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

There's as much chance Jason Kerr is on 16k a week as there is you having ever had sex.

I also thought Kerr's wages were unlikely but the rest seem about right. Only posting what is on that site which might not be 100% correct.
Anyway you should know being Jason Kerr's brother Wayne, , enjoy the promotion party you have already predicted at Portsmouth

Last edited:

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan Athletic

Bolton on the other hand, as the administrators put it " had to overcome the obstacle of rogue chairman Ken Anderson who has used his position as a secured creditor to hamper and frustrate any deal that did not benefit him or suit his purposes". Bolton were incredibly lucky to survive and were still paying debts from the admin settlement up to 4 months ago but now everything has been cleared. As you may remember we had to field a team of 17/18year olds for a few weeks as Anderson had not paid wages for months , in fact he had paid nobody apart from himself £625k a year, "consultancy fees" and his son a further £125k for more consultancy ! How he ended up through the back door as owner I will never know. In September 2005 he was disqualified from being a company director for eight years after his firm Professional Sports International Ltd, and seven other of his companies, went bust. The official Insolvency Service notice stated that Anderson had failed to ensure his companies paid VAT, then failed to cooperate with liquidators. At PSI, “Mr Anderson diverted/sought to divert PSI’s funds by depositing them into a personal bank account in his own name and invoicing in the name of another connected company.”

We will have to see what kind of administration Derby go through.

Don’t make yourself look silly. For a start, where have you got that we had £38 million written off? That is a made up figure and the real amount is nowhere near. Secondly, if you actually bothered to do a bit of research before commenting on a matter that you know nothing about, then you would find that the club at the point of going into administration was only running at a small loss (a few million pounds) which in the championship is a lot less than the majority of other clubs. We also would have been in profit if the sale of Antonee Robinson to AC Milan had gone through which broke down on deadline day due to a failed medical.

We had a corrupt owner that bought the club for £20 million from Whelan. He then realised that he didn’t want it and sold it to his mate for more than he bought it for, but by using his own separate offshore company so in effect buying the club off his self for more, with his own money. He then had the deal ratified for his mate who then put the club into administration with 4 weeks and wanted to liquidate it. He then wrote that money off, which wasn’t actually spent by the club, and was the least that he could do after screwing the club over. It was also nowhere near 38 million.

We were run by conmen who woke up and decided ‘we don’t want to run this club anymore’.

Skip forward to this year and the owners bought the club for around 3 million with the stadium, the value of the club a lot higher. Now they have a solid structure in place and a pre agreed budget, with a football financing expert on the board of directors. We started this season with I think 5 contracted senior players. One of which was on about £500 per week and 2 academy graduates. We had a blank canvas and budget. We have spent a higher wage budget yes, but this is offset by the fact that we started with no debts (because we didn’t actually have any anyway) and then that bar 1/2 players out signings were free transfers. There is a very common misconception that we overspent, wiped our debts and f*cked over creditors and have started again throwing millions about. This is not the case. We also received transfer fees for a couple of academy players and nearly £2 million from Dan burns transfer to Newcastle. It’s nothing more than Jealousy and an excuse from fans of these ‘massive clubs’ who are all finishing mid table in this ‘tinpot league we shouldn’t be in’.

White horse

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
The former owner of Wigan Athletic has written off two huge debts owed to companies he owns.

The club dropped into administration after Au Yeung Wai Kay stopped providing money to continue operations.

However, the administrators have now announced that the Hong Kong-based businessman has agreed to forgo any right to debts of £25.3m and £10.7m, which were owed to two of his firms.

The decision is a huge step forward for plans to sell the club as it means the business is now in considerably less financial trouble.

My mistake it was only £36 million they wrote off

NorthernSoul

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan Athletic
The former owner of Wigan Athletic has written off two huge debts owed to companies he owns.

The club dropped into administration after Au Yeung Wai Kay stopped providing money to continue operations.

However, the administrators have now announced that the Hong Kong-based businessman has agreed to forgo any right to debts of £25.3m and £10.7m, which were owed to two of his firms.

The decision is a huge step forward for plans to sell the club as it means the business is now in considerably less financial trouble.

My mistake it was only £36 million they wrote off

Completely wrong. Firstly, the owner at the time simply sold the club to himself, he allegedly did so using a high interest 25.3m loan, probably to appease shareholders in HK, though he never actually, because that loan didnt exist and didnt go through at all, the 10.7m was moved from Wigan Athletic FC to the DW Stadium account, both those companies came under 1 parent company, so wasnt actually a debt because the main parent complany still had that money overall.

So there was no money to write off, he walked away without any challenge to avoid a serious police investigation and probable extradition.

Au Yeung Wai Kay was a cover, bloke has less money than me. A year earlier he was up for bankruptcy and was a office worker in Manila, Philippines.

Our debts were 9m, of which most of that wasnt scheduled to be paid for that summer, as transfer fees were staggered over the length of contracts. The money we were due to pay out was lower than the money we would have received from remaining in The Championship, it was the most pointless administration ever and the only sporting institution on the world of sport ever to enter administration without owing any money at the time.

That is why it took so little to become debt free. We also had a lot of sellable assets that got robbed for peanuts and administrators took around 2.5m of that cash in payment too.

Bolton still owe around 30m in structured payments, they made losses of ;3.5m last season and had a wage bill of 7.3m which is crazily high for League Two. You converted the 5.5m Government loan because you couldnt afford to pay it back a couple of months ago, which considering you bought players in January is just blatant misuse of tax payers money.

Sharon Brittain has also been asking for extra investment because they dont have the funds to kick on.

Derby alone owe HMRC nearly 30m which they are trying to get out of paying, which will hit them with 15 points deducted.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Get another 15 point deduction you cheating twats

White horse

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
So there was no money to write off, he walked away without any challenge to avoid a serious police investigation and probable extradition.

Yeah right , and the jab makes you magnetic and has microchips in it so you can be tracked,

Firstly, the owner at the time simply sold the club to himself, he allegedly did so using a high interest 25.3m loan, probably to appease shareholders in HK, though he never actually, because that loan didnt exist and didnt go through at all

Yeah you could just make loans up to appease share holders back in the day ,

Our debts were 9m, of which most of that wasnt scheduled to be paid for that summer, as transfer fees were staggered over the length of contracts. The money we were due to pay out was lower than the money we would have received from remaining in

???? Doesn't make sense, Jamal Lowe, Robinson, Moore, Windass, etc who did you sell?

The Championship, it was the most pointless administration ever and the only sporting institution on the world of sport ever to enter administration without owing any money at the time.

It wasn't pointless for the owner, he actually said he wouldn't put another penny into Wigan Athletic and he didn't. The reason why you were not in debt to anybody else was because he was paying the massive wage bill and transfer fees. Cost him a lot of money but he cut his losses. Even the local paper states he was owed millions, you were so lucky it was written off but no one would buy Wigan at the original asking price and he realised that. He and the administrators saved you and now you are relying on a rich owner yet again.

Foot note, the Bolton article is over a year old,

End of discussion,

Last edited:

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Almost right. We were actually in league two for four seasons before jumping back to league one. In fact, we were close to exiting the league altogether in our second league two season before the trust finally got it right, management-wise. Ironically, it was Derby that sent us down.

When we came down to League One from the Championship we were handed a fresh 10 point deduction, were in a right state and there was very little hope of us "pissing the division". The supporters trust spent pretty much the whole season trying to wrest control from the bunch of crooks who had been passing us around. We scrambled together pretty much our lowest paid squad in history and plummeted straight down including a run of 23 league games without a win. A club record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!