Basically a fluff piece interview, Raj goes from saying I haven't got a chip on my shoulder, to admitting the Americans speaking to Jeff in private got his back up, all within 30 seconds.
He's so full of shit it's unbelievable. But some will lap it all up and get their tickle bellies.
In the event of an affirmative vote, there are final steps that must then be followed in the takeover process, before The R.R. McReynolds Company, LLC could assume control of Wrexham AFC.
The information pack sent out to members in advance of the vote confirms the terms of the offer from The R.R McReynolds Company, LLC, including that:
- The Buyer will acquire the entire issued share capital of Wrexham AFC Limited for one peppercorn from the WST.
- The Buyer will invest in cash on completion £2 million into Wrexham AFC Limited, in the form of non-redeemable shares. The investment will be utilised for working capital purposes and for investing in the infrastructure, management, players and facilities of WAFC as the Buyer sees fit.
- The new owners of Wrexham AFC Limited will enter into a sub-lease of the Racecourse Ground for a period of 25 years at an annual rent of £115,000 per year. Control of the lease will remain with the WST.
- The Buyer will enter into covenants with WST regarding matters of historically important club heritage during the period the Buyer is the majority owner of WAFC. Whilst the Buyer has no intention of changing any of the following heritage matters, the Buyer will need to obtain the WST's prior consent on the listed matters, before any change is allowable.
- 4.1 A change to the home playing colours of all Wrexham AFC football teams;
- 4.2 Changing the playing location of the Wrexham AFC men's first team to a location
more than 2 miles from the Racecourse Ground;
- 4.3 Moving the location of the Club's men's first team ground or training ground to
outside of Wales;
- 4.4 Any changes to the Wrexham AFC badge, save with respect to amends to update
the graphics/quality of the image of the badge. Such consent not to be
unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned;
- 4.5 A change of the name of the football club to a name other than Wrexham
Association Football Club or Wrexham Football Club;
- 4.6 Subject to any amends to the rules of any relevant football authority and or any
transfers required with respect to the promotion or relegation of any Wrexham AFC football teams, any proposed transfer of: (1) WAFC's relevant league share; or (2) other licence requirements for WAFC to compete within the English football pyramid system, to another entity;
- 4.7 Any decision not to hold an annual event to commemorate the Gresford disaster; and
- 4.8 in the event that the Buyer sells a controlling interest in Wrexham AFC to a third party, the Buyer shall ensure that the terms of the sale documentation with the new owner include the covenants detailed in paragraphs 4.1 to 4.7 (inclusive).
Good luck to Wrexham. I hope the fans vote it through. These Hollywood actors are too high profile to fuck the club around purposely. Just wouldn't be worth the PR disaster it'd bring them. Not saying they'll definitley be a success, they'll need to make smart decisions like any owner. Hiring the right football people around them etc.
But worth a shot.
Fan owned isn't what its cracked up to be, most County fans would tell you that. Creates a lot of politics, you don't really have much money and you often get people in positions that they aren't qualified for.
Haven't really been taking much interest in Radged lately - well he's kept Pools going longer already than he did Darlo, so that's something. What's the general feeling, split fan base, majority behind him or what?
Agree with Stocky r.e. how fan owned eventually pans out. It's ok in the short term but there's generally a ceiling to it and difficult to get out of a rut (AFCW and Exeter the exceptions at the minute).
Chesterfield will come across similar problems over the coming months/years.
What's the crack with the lease then? WST lease it off who and for how much? Are they going to make money off sub-leasing or doing it to ensure some control over the Stadium?
Wondered why Wrexham fans started to appear on my timeline on twitter and it's apparently because Reynolds randomly started talking about us?