Your summer signings

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Ross Doohan Had him on loan last season and signed over the summer. A decent shot-stopper and his weaker areas like distribution and commanding the box are gradually improving 6+
Ethan Bristow Encouraging start to his Rovers career, plays with pace and the attacking side of his game is strong. A bit raw and sometimes switches off defensively. 7
Neill Byrne Disappointing. Doesn't seem capable of organising a defence and his distribution is weak 5
Kyle Jameson Not as bad as expected from the negative comments from former clubs, capable of playing out on the ground but there's usually an error in him. 6
Ben Hockenull Played a few pre-season, nobody said he was terrible, but seems to have been frozen out as not ready ever since n/a
Jordan Turnbull Calm presence, great defensive organiser but capable all over the park. Pity he's not a captaincy type, but our best recruit 8
Dynel Simeu Saints loanee. Defender with a big presence and personality, swiftly becoming a fan favourite 7
Luke Robinson Full-back but mainly played on the left of a back three until injured 6
Reece McAlear Seems to have found it harder settling than hoped. There have been glimpses of his talent and some intelligent play, but a work in progress 6
Paul Lewis Most fans were surprised at his return, hadn't uprooted any trees during his first spell. Much the same during the re-tread, chips in with the odd goal and assist but unless he ups his game no more than a squad player 6
Jon Nolan Started poorly mostly self-protection after his bad injury but gradually started to have more of an impact, only to pick up an injury and back to square one. Has a fair bit to do to dispel the Scouser on last pay day stereotype. 5
Rhys Hughes Ex-Everton youngster only had a few appearances, but looks decent and a quality goal in the Pizza Cup 7
Joel Mumbongo Panic buy injury prone striker who spent most of his limited time on the pitch trying to avoid contact and guess what, he's out injured again 4
Arthur Lomax Limited to couple of encouraging Pizza Cup cameos n/a

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Don,t understand Hastie at all, We have Championship clubs north and south of us
You would think he would want to make a good impression, Gift horse and all that.

Don,t know what level Hamilton was at, But saw glimpses v Donny.
Think Niang really does have potential, And why is Senna not already in Lge 2
Hamilton a regular scorer in the Jock Championship but when he was recalled to the SPL he never did owt.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Ross Doohan Had him on loan last season and signed over the summer. A decent shot-stopper and his weaker areas like distribution and commanding the box are gradually improving 6+
Ethan Bristow Encouraging start to his Rovers career, plays with pace and the attacking side of his game is strong. A bit raw and sometimes switches off defensively. 7
Neill Byrne Disappointing. Doesn't seem capable of organising a defence and his distribution is weak 5
Kyle Jameson Not as bad as expected from the negative comments from former clubs, capable of playing out on the ground but there's usually an error in him. 6
Ben Hockenull Played a few pre-season, nobody said he was terrible, but seems to have been frozen out as not ready ever since n/a
Jordan Turnbull Calm presence, great defensive organiser but capable all over the park. Pity he's not a captaincy type, but our best recruit 8
Dynel Simeu Saints loanee. Defender with a big presence and personality, swiftly becoming a fan favourite 7
Luke Robinson Full-back but mainly played on the left of a back three until injured 6
Reece McAlear Seems to have found it harder settling than hoped. There have been glimpses of his talent and some intelligent play, but a work in progress 6
Paul Lewis Most fans were surprised at his return, hadn't uprooted any trees during his first spell. Much the same during the re-tread, chips in with the odd goal and assist but unless he ups his game no more than a squad player 6
Jon Nolan Started poorly mostly self-protection after his bad injury but gradually started to have more of an impact, only to pick up an injury and back to square one. Has a fair bit to do to dispel the Scouser on last pay day stereotype. 5
Rhys Hughes Ex-Everton youngster only had a few appearances, but looks decent and a quality goal in the Pizza Cup 7
Joel Mumbongo Panic buy injury prone striker who spent most of his limited time on the pitch trying to avoid contact and guess what, he's out injured again 4
Surprised on Byrne, he was solid for us. Nothing stood out about his game but was one of them that is tidy and composed, a 7/10 most weeks.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Rob Hunt - Fullback. Swindon (Free). Mediocre in and out of possession. Not sure what all the fuss is about really. Versatility should prove useful at some point. Currently injured. 5.5/10

Theo Archibald - Winger. Lincoln (Free). Not yet hit the heights of last season in terms of production, but performances have been solid either side of a niggly injury. 7/10

George Moncur - Midfield. Hull (Undisc.). Chubby and mercurial, he does what he wants when he wants. Sometimes he wants to disappear from games which is irritating. No denying his quality, though. 7.5/10

Idris El-Mizouni - Midfield. Ipswich (Loan). I believe the term that’s de rigeur is “Rolls Royce”. Quality on the ball, glides around the pitch winning tackles and perfectly timing interceptions. Wonderful stuff. 9/10

Charlie Kelman - Striker. QPR (Loan). Quite good at soccer. For an American. Fast, skilful, presses well, not very big. Perfect for Wellensball. 8/10

Stephen Duke-McKenna - Versatile. QPR (Loan). Can play everywhere, allegedly. Injured. N/a

Jayden Wareham - Striker. Chelsea (Loan). Scored two in the first 10 minutes of his debut in the pizza cup. Not played a second of League football yet. N/a.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Hamilton a regular scorer in the Jock Championship but when he was recalled to the SPL he never did owt.
He didn’t look like someone who would score loads but would win most aerial battles and bring others into play, usually the type of player who gets overlooked but makes others look better than what they are

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

Pretty much my thoughts too.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Surprised on Byrne, he was solid for us. Nothing stood out about his game but was one of them that is tidy and composed, a 7/10 most weeks.
I think he was unfortunate that we got Simeu in on loan with a bit of an injury crisis amongst central defenders, so he was shifted to the left side of the back three. Then things went so badly we ditched wing-backs and went 2 at the back and he was the one who got dropped. We were a bit of a botch job defensively in the Pizza Cup game v Leeds kids, who I thought were very good. Mellon was very critical of all save our youngsters in that game, so don’t see him getting much action soon.

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Rob Hunt - Fullback. Swindon (Free). Mediocre in and out of possession. Not sure what all the fuss is about really. Versatility should prove useful at some point. Currently injured. 5.5/10

Theo Archibald - Winger. Lincoln (Free). Not yet hit the heights of last season in terms of production, but performances have been solid either side of a niggly injury. 7/10

George Moncur - Midfield. Hull (Undisc.). Chubby and mercurial, he does what he wants when he wants. Sometimes he wants to disappear from games which is irritating. No denying his quality, though. 7.5/10

Idris El-Mizouni - Midfield. Ipswich (Loan). I believe the term that’s de rigeur is “Rolls Royce”. Quality on the ball, glides around the pitch winning tackles and perfectly timing interceptions. Wonderful stuff. 9/10

Charlie Kelman - Striker. QPR (Loan). Quite good at soccer. For an American. Fast, skilful, presses well, not very big. Perfect for Wellensball. 8/10

Stephen Duke-McKenna - Versatile. QPR (Loan). Can play everywhere, allegedly. Injured. N/a

Jayden Wareham - Striker. Chelsea (Loan). Scored two in the first 10 minutes of his debut in the pizza cup. Not played a second of League football yet. N/a.
Can’t say I was overly disappointed when Rob Hunt left us. Capable defender , predominately at RB although can play At LB also, however offers next to nothing going forward

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Can’t say I was overly disappointed when Rob Hunt left us. Capable defender , predominately at RB although can play At LB also, however offers next to nothing going forward

Experience aside, Hunt’s not really been any better than the YT kid we’ve been playing at LB whilst he’s injured. I don’t mind him, but I’d rather have the kid out there to be honest. Left footed and much more athletic.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Vit Jaros (Loan from Liverpool) - 8/10 A very astute bit of summer business bringing Jaros in on a season long loan. Excellent reactions and shot stopping ability matched with very very good distribution. Dislodged club legend Hinchliffe fairly quickly and hasn't looked back

James Brown (Loan from Blackburn) - 7/10 Started very well but has since waned a little and ended up on the bench in favor of Will Collar at RB who is usually a CM (while Southam-Hales is injured). A useful addition to the squad though.

Joe Lewis (Torquay) - 6/10 A bit hit and miss, has been at fault for a few goals this season either this poor decision making or poor positioning. Athletically impressive, tall and strong and reasonable on the ball. Plenty of time to develop into a solid CB

Fraser Horsfall (Northampton) - 7/10 Solid and dependable CB looks to be getting better each week. Need to find him a regular position and defensive partner though.

Chris Hussey (Port Vale) - 6/10 Not seen an awful lot of Hussey as yet. Looks to be calm on the ball and has good distribution. Scored a belter away at Crawley

Akil Wright (York) - 5/10 Again, not seen much of Akil. Illness kept him out of the side in the early part of the season. Came into replace the excellent Ryan Croasdale which was questionable. Looked useful as a midfield breaker upper of things but then stupidly got himself sent off.

Connor Lemonhaigh-Evans (Torquay) - 6/10 Hasn't played too many minutes but got the full 90 against Walsall, looked a threat and was awarded sponsors MOTM. Dangerous on the half turn he should hopefully get some more opportunities to impress

Callum Camps (Fleetwood) - 9/10 Rolls Royce of a midfielder. Superb touch, passing and control. Looks in every way a step above his team mates. Best signing of the summer by some margin.

Kyle Wootton - 7/10 Hard working striker and a slight upgrade in terms of hold up play than Scott Quigley but with only 1 goal to his name this season he's lacking a bit of confidence. Hopeful a partnership with Madden will develop over time.
Extremely generous with those ratings. Have you seen where we are in the league?
I’d go

Jaros - 6
Brown - 6
Lewis - 5
Horsfall - 7
Wright - 6
Evans - 5
Camps - 7.5
Wootton - 6

Hussey too early to tell.

Last edited:

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Extremely generous with those ratings. Have you seen where we are in the league?
I’d go

Jaros - 6
Brown - 6
Lewis - 5
Horsfall - 7
Wright - 6
Evans - 5
Camps - 7.5
Wootton - 6

Hussey too early to tell.
I hate giving out ratings, I find my barometer goes all over the place.

General consensus is:
Jaros- Good young keeper for me, not faultless but he probably is an improvement on Hinchliffe and I reckon he'll have a pretty good career.
Brown- Doesn't offer a lot for me, not awful but the fact a centre mid was picked ahead of him at RB last week says a bit.
Lewis- Looks pretty crap to me, I know the lines get said about young defender, making a step up etc. But he looks shaky as fuck to me.
Horsfall- Solid defender by the looks of things, good at the basics like in the air. Vulnerable on the ground and I wouldn't think just yet we've gone and signed some great L2 defender like we thought we had in the summer when he chose us over sticking with Northampton.
Wright- Not seen enough to judge, shite mistake at Crawley and got himself a daft second yellow at Northampton which would lead you down the route of him being wank but strangely enough he did seem OK for the other 89 minutes of those games and seemed to give us a bit of a profile of something we haven't got in midfield. Think he was signed just as a squad filler really.
Evans- Done nothing really, he looked a dangerous dribbler at Torquay who got at people. Not seen anthing of that here yet, he could stake a claim he hasn't been given the chances. He started last week did ok and may get his chance today at Bradford so hopefully we see more.
Camps- Our best signing. Good player. Only reservation at first was we played him at the base of the midfield, think we get the best out of him with Croasdale sat behind him allowing him a more box-to-box role and hopefully we go with that going forward.
Wootton- Doesn't do it for me. Decent in the air but wouldn't worry many defenders with much else. Our strikeforce is weaker now than it was in the NL
Hussey- Limited time to judge, got a good left foot as seen with few set piece deliveries and a great free kick at Crawley but overall seems a bit slow and think he was signed very late in the window just because we were desperate for more left sided defensive players. But we're still weak there.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Our summer signings have generally been decent (the ones that have featured anyway) but it's the improvement of the players that were pretty average last season that has made the difference.

Tyrell Warren (RB) - 7 He started last season as a back-up at Halifax so his progress has been rapid. Got pace and even a finish on him, plus loves a crunching tackle - often out of position though.

Pawel Zuk (RB) - n/a Apparently done alright in the Pizza Cup games so could be handy back-up.

Sam McLelland (CB) - 8 Replaced Ray at CB in the second game and been extremely solid for a young kid. Missed a few as a result of the international break. Might not make it at Chelsea but this lad will go far.

George Ray (CB) - 5 Bit shaky on the opening day then was out injured, only to come back in and feature in two defeats.

Myles Kenlock (LB) - 6 Filled in competently when needed but seems to overplay it at times.

Harrison Neal (CM) - 9 Another young loanee who we'll be lucky to have all season. Crunching tackles and a great eye for a pass.

Sam Foley (CM) - 9 He's ancient and was worried when he looked off the pace in pre-season. Dictates the tempo and doesn't stop running.

Solomon Nwabuokei (CM) - 5 Been injured and no chance of dislodging the regulars. Clearly has a mistake in him and can't shoot, but expect him to improve in time.

Benni Smales-Braithwaite (LW) - n/a One for the future but probably some way off featuring in the league.

Billy Waters (RW/LW) - 6 Started brilliantly, but struggled for goals and a couple of small injuries have seen him dropped to the bench.

Ben Whitfield (RW/LW) - 9 As we're in the best position I've seen us in, simply he's the best player I've seen in a Barrow shirt. Loads of pace, eye for goal and picked out some great crosses for assists.

Richie Bennett (CF) - n/a Injured in pre-season, but thought he was good in his last spell here so hopeful he can be the target man we need.

David Moyo (CF) - 5 Scored a tap-in on debut but hasn't done a lot else in the games I've seen.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
He didn’t look like someone who would score loads but would win most aerial battles and bring others into play, usually the type of player who gets overlooked but makes others look better than what they are
Going off the performance against yourselves I agree… whenever he has been on pitch prior to
that this season he was about as much use as a chocolate teapot

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Tomas Holy 6/10 - Hasn’t really done anything wrong, but hasn’t done anything outstanding, just steady which in a goalkeeper you can’t complain. My only gripe is his distribution is a big downgrade on Mark Howard’s from last season. But otherwise so far so good.

Michael Kelly N/A - Haven’t seen him play.

Fin Back 6/10 - Young loaned full back from Forest. Good so far, defends well and gets forward. Think he’s capable of better productivity in the final third, but I think that will come and I’d expect him to be a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 by mid season.

Ben Barclay 3/10 - A decent performance, then a dire performance before getting injured. Can’t really say much more as he’s still not back fit. So through partly no fault of his own a poor signing so far.

Duncan Idehen N/A - Haven’t seen him play. Or maybe I have for a few minutes, but don’t recall it.

Paul Huntington 7/10 - Exactly what we needed. Experienced, good in the air, an organiser and a threat in the opposition box which is useful seeing as we have zero creativity. Lacks pace but we can live with that. He’s effectively our captain even though he doesn’t wear the armband. Pick of the bunch so far.

Owen Moxon 6/10 - Summer signing from Scottish league two side Annan. Really good find. Good passer, aggressive, has a goal in him. Think he’ll play higher. Sometimes gases out, but that’s no doubt the jump from being a DPD driver to a professional footballer within a few months. Needs to find some consistency but again I think that’s the step up to pro football.

Jayden Harris 2/10 - Hasn’t done much so far and looks a bit out of his depth. But hopefully more to come. The step up from National league to EFL is no doubt bigger than he anticipated. Young enough to improve so hopeful

Sonny Hilton 1/10 - Has done nothing in his appearances so far. Think there’s talent there but we haven’t seen any of it.

Jack Stretton 4/10 - Would have been 1/10 a week ago, but a good performance and assist against Grimsby, followed by a half decent showing against Crewe. His work rate and attitude is admirable. Just need more.

Ryan Edmondson 2/10 - I’m hopeful Ryan will come good, but he’s been plagued by injuries so far. Scored a goal in a league cup game, his only contribution so far. But hasn’t been on the pitch since.
I suppose you'd only rate Haarland a 4/10

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I think he was unfortunate that we got Simeu in on loan with a bit of an injury crisis amongst central defenders, so he was shifted to the left side of the back three. Then things went so badly we ditched wing-backs and went 2 at the back and he was the one who got dropped. We were a bit of a botch job defensively in the Pizza Cup game v Leeds kids, who I thought were very good. Mellon was very critical of all save our youngsters in that game, so don’t see him getting much action soon.
Always played as the right sided CB in a back three for us and as Soup said he was always solid 7/10 each week. Loves a card though

Reactions: Boz

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Just been told that Tobi Omole (who was one of our signings I rated) has done his ACL and we will not see him again this season.

There is definitely a curse on Crawley players at the moment. We have been having horrendous injury problems over the last 18 months -2 years.

Casey

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I suppose you'd only rate Haarland a 4/10

Who? Do you mean Erling Braut Håland?

If I was a Manchester City fan, based on his start I’d give him a 9/10. If he produces the same output in big games against top opposition I’d push it up to a 10/10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!