2019/20 shan off the gaffa race

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Connah's Quay are live streaming their CL game on Youtube. I strongly urge you chaps to not miss the opportunity to get a rough idea of the sterling work that Mr Craig Harrison is doing at the club :thumbs:

Craig Harrison

Reaction score
Supports
Sexy footbaal on the deck like
Alreet ladz ave got a geet massai champions Liga match to get me face on the tellybox. ave got loads to update yers on so aal be postin up wot ave been deein throughoot the night or mebees tomorra, wheneva a find the time

aal gis a clue to yers like, am a busy bee...

Ta ra

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
Alreet ladz ave got a geet massai champions Liga match to get me face on the tellybox. ave got loads to update yers on so aal be postin up wot ave been deein throughoot the night or mebees tomorra, wheneva a find the time

aal gis a clue to yers like, am a busy bee...

Ta ra

0-2 down after 67 minutes.

We all believe in you Craig.

#PrayForConnahsQuay

Craig Harrison

Reaction score
Supports
Sexy footbaal on the deck like
Noo lads a cannit takk aboot the game as am locked in the dressing room with the lads givin them a propa hidin. A do hiv time to tell yers ave written a letter in applicashun for the Barnet job. A knaa aal their fans who gan to games actually post on here so please rate me chancaz. Ta.

Before you say like, theres nee loyalty in foota, aye a signed a new contract like but contracts hiv more legal basis wipin yer arse than protection in the work place haha

Merhaba big Tone and salami walkman (he is a Torkish Cypriot muslim like, isn’t he?

Reet forst off a divvent need nee introdushun

Me name’s Craig Harrison and you must of seen us on the plasma tellybox watching Connaz Key against them Serb ethnic cleansaz. Or on switch of play getting libeled the fuck oot by two Pooly knackaz. Am applyin for the job as Barnet managa. Am world renooned for me innovation in foota and gis a chance man you'll see why

Apart from me long and glamorous record as a gaffa which speaks for itsel, me interest in your job is two fold

Barnets – am a part time fashionista and a love me curtains. It’s a style that neva gans oot of fashun as a hiv it. Aad put the net back in Bar and increase the percentage of tasty bords and young lasses comin to your groond. It'll aalso get us sponsaship with aal leadin fashun designaz such as Primark and Dorothy Perkins.

Bees – me central interest in your vacationcy. Everyone knaas am a geet expert on keepin bees. So did yous knaa the following and aal demonstrate wot aal bring to the club to get us relegated as that’s your target every season

Bees live in Hives

And Barnet play in one

Membaz of the hive divide into threes

Queen (there is anly one of them) so the captain will wear a croon instead of a fuckin girly armband. he'll sit in a throne takin up much of the portakabin that is the hyem dressin rooms

Workaz – these are the majority of the side so we divvent need a defence or midfield or whateva shite that is. 7 workaz is optimal like

Drones – these mate with the captain, we’ll hiv three of them. So gangbangs wth Loachie prematch to increase energy and promiscuity on the pitch

One Keepa – am a gaffa but for the sake of the clubs history just call us beekeepa

Obvs aal nutrishun is a pure honey fed diet as it is part of the clubs fabric and DNA coronasomes

We’ll dee a waggle dance prematch – a cannit wait to put the shits up them Wealdstone Raidaz gypo dole scroongaz, a bit like the all blacks but betta just betta a pure fuckin belta like

We’ll aalso dee this to waste time once we gan 0-0 in any game that’s not called off

Workaz and drones run at 25km p/h – we’ll be supa nifty gettin home from yet anotha postponed game in the hive

It is hoped that aal the above will increase our polinashun potency which means we’ll not finish above 23rd which should mean we’ll lose an AGM cup if required and get relegated naturally

Anywayz cheaz for readin and gis a text on WhatsApp when a can start

Ta ra and salami walking man,

Craig x

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
Barnet appoint former Newport and Hereford manager Peter Beadle as their new Head Coach.

That is an extremely left field appointment of a manager with lots of experience at lower levels but almost none in the NL.

Thoughts, Hereford fans?

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
Former Hereford FC Boss Peter Beadle in at Barnet. Good a be a good appointment that

I know nothing about him. On paper he seems to have underachieved twice at step 2, but I don't know enough about those jobs to know whether that's fair or not, and he was only briefly caretaker at this level at the old Hereford.

I really hope he's a diamond who's just not had the breaks he deserves in 15 years of management. On paper that seems a long shot, but this is such a random appointment so our chairman must have really seen something in him when interviewing.

springerbfc

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
He no doubt came recommended by one of TK’s ‘trusted advisors’ - Barry Fry, Paul Fairclough or John Still. And presumably a cheap option.

Hugely underwhelming appointment but then again, I don’t know who else was available / interested that we could afford.

Expect frantic calls to Martin Allen if we are struggling mid-season :surr:

bristolbull

Reaction score
Supports
hereford fc
Barnet appoint former Newport and Hereford manager Peter Beadle as their new Head Coach.

That is an extremely left field appointment of a manager with lots of experience at lower levels but almost none in the NL.

Thoughts, Hereford fans?

Thoughts, Hereford fans?
I am probably one of the few hfc fans who thought we sacked him at the right time,(it was the following appointments we messed up)to me he just did'nt understand what was required for national north and signed a number of players who were clearly not up to that level,yes he did ok to get us from the mid league to nln but with our budget advantage my misses would have had a hard job to fail.Also against some of the more tactically aware managers his uwillingless to change tactics was a huge shortcoming,the wembley vase final was a case in question where our top striker and winger were left sitting on the bench until far to late.it was his way or you are out, very much the old school of manager type,that saying he will do fine if given the budget but will probably struggle otherwise,a good manager at step3 very surprised to see him in the top div.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I am probably one of the few hfc fans who thought we sacked him at the right time,(it was the following appointments we messed up)to me he just did'nt understand what was required for national north and signed a number of players who were clearly not up to that level,yes he did ok to get us from the mid league to nln but with our budget advantage my misses would have had a hard job to fail.Also against some of the more tactically aware managers his uwillingless to change tactics was a huge shortcoming,the wembley vase final was a case in question where our top striker and winger were left sitting on the bench until far to late.it was his way or you are out, very much the old school of manager type,that saying he will do fine if given the budget but will probably struggle otherwise,a good manager at step3 very surprised to see him in the top div.

Well that all sounds really positive then. Great news for Barnet fans.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Former Hereford FC Boss Peter Beadle in at Barnet. Good a be a good appointment that
The other Beadle I know, was Jeremy and he was great on You've Been Framed back in the day. Bodes well for Barnet.

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Well that all sounds really positive then. Great news for Barnet fans.

Well you know how positive we usually are so we’re practically ecstatic at the moment.

In all seriousness, you can find more money behind your sofa than we have in our budget at the moment so you can probably find us in the bottom 4 come January.

BornUnderTheElmslie

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
Well you know how positive we usually are so we’re practically ecstatic at the moment.

In all seriousness, you can find more money behind your sofa than we have in our budget at the moment so you can probably find us in the bottom 4 come January.
And good of TK to ramp up the pressure on your new manager, by linking his investment in the budget to selling season tickets. £800,000 playing budget but ONLY if you sell 2,000 season tickets. He's deluded. I doubt if you'll sell half of that number (and if you did, that would be impressive).

I suspect you'll have a similar playing budget to the Stones this season, which makes a mockery of the rationale for your move to The Hive really.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
How many season tickets did they sell last season? Their average attendance was 1,200.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
And good of TK to ramp up the pressure on your new manager, by linking his investment in the budget to selling season tickets. £800,000 playing budget but ONLY if you sell 2,000 season tickets. He's deluded. I doubt if you'll sell half of that number (and if you did, that would be impressive).

I suspect you'll have a similar playing budget to the Stones this season, which makes a mockery of the rationale for your move to The Hive really.

That’s actually a pretty stupid sentence. First of all if we had remained at Underhill, our permitted capacity for this season would have been much lower than at the Hive. Secondly, all of our facilities at the Hive were closed because of Covid so the club was not able to generate any extra revenue to supplement our budget.

I do agree that TK’s statement is ridiculous. We’re not going to get 2,000 season ticket holders (although I’m going to buy one for the first time ever) and if the permitted number allowed in is going to be 30% of our ground capacity, we won’t be able to admit that number in!

BornUnderTheElmslie

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
That’s actually a pretty stupid sentence. First of all if we had remained at Underhill, our permitted capacity for this season would have been much lower than at the Hive. Secondly, all of our facilities at the Hive were closed because of Covid so the club was not able to generate any extra revenue to supplement our budget.

I do agree that TK’s statement is ridiculous. We’re not going to get 2,000 season ticket holders (although I’m going to buy one for the first time ever) and if the permitted number allowed in is going to be 30% of our ground capacity, we won’t be able to admit that number in!

What about the millions in the bank from the sale of Underhill?

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead

He's not deluded, he knows exactly what he's doing. He's quoting a ludicrous sales projection knowing that we won't meet it so he can blame us when we complain about a budget that will inevitably put us in mid table at best.

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
For TK not Barnet

Well the new buildings will be part of the Hive site and the Hive group of companies of which the football club is one.

If he spent it all on players then HMRC will treat the profit on Underhill as a chargeable gain which lands us with a big tax bill with no guarantee that the signings will work out.

I'm not the chairman's biggest fan but the tight budget here is pretty recent and has come about largely because John Still blew the parachute payments on signing Dagenham squad players and other average to poor players at this level.

BornUnderTheElmslie

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
Well the new buildings will be part of the Hive site and the Hive group of companies of which the football club is one.

If he spent it all on players then HMRC will treat the profit on Underhill as a chargeable gain which lands us with a big tax bill with no guarantee that the signings will work out.

I'm not the chairman's biggest fan but the tight budget here is pretty recent and has come about largely because John Still blew the parachute payments on signing Dagenham squad players and other average to poor players at this level.
Investing in facilities does then make sense, but it doesn't make sense to build white elephant stands for a club who struggle to get 1,000 home fans in the ground. Unless his strategy for the stadium is beyond Barnet FC?

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
Investing in facilities does then make sense, but it doesn't make sense to build white elephant stands for a club who struggle to get 1,000 home fans in the ground. Unless his strategy for the stadium is beyond Barnet FC?

There's pretty minimal capacity increase with the new proposals. It's nearly all about increasing off field revenue.

BeesKnees

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet FC
Does it actually matter whether the club meets TKs 2000 target?

At the end of it all it's just a number. Last season we had no season tickets due to the monthly membership scheme, this season I'm assuming the aim is to front load the income and see how we go.

New manager pretty much summed it up in his interview, this season is to try and be competitive, expectations are not to be in and around playoffs.

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
It's very clear exactly where TK intends to take this. It's been known since day 1 that we will have a very poor budget this season - combine that with TK's general cheapness & lack of contacts + allies and we have a recipe for disaster. For all of Beadle's probably strengths, I do not envy him for the size of the job facing him and we are in for a long, stressful and poor season. Expect many more signings along the lines of Barham et al - cheap as chips and happy to be playing for any NL side. Look at it this way - we were unwilling to retain Sparkes who we all know is a poor NL player (set pieces aside), he then signs for Maidenhead. Does this mean we are facing difficulty with competing with a team of their budget/standing? No offence intended to the Magpies.

His statement once again shows the disdain he has for our fanbase. Increasingly so in recent years he takes on these personal vendettas against parties - 'stay away/disillusioned fans' being the current ones. We would never, ever reach 2000 season tickets, let alone with all of the current context surrounding us. He knows this and it's being used as his get out clause. 'Well we can't sign better players because you all didn't back us enough!'. It's a cleverly worded statement which does not mention the apparent financial gain we make from other areas of the Hive - I wonder why? It's included in every other statement we've ever had that surrounds our budget + is the entire reason we've built and planned for the Hive to be further built for!

All in all - we're in for a season or 2 of very difficult times. I expect a relegation battle this season (simply just going off reading between the lines about the size of the budget we have) - which will compound the issue surrounding our aging + decreasing fanbase. If we come out of the next 2 years still in the division then it's been a success. Hopefully then we can tackle getting back into our home borough and moving to build up a new/pre-existing fanbase.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Dan Sparkes is a pretty bad example. At no stage did it appear that the club was desperate to retain him and the general reaction from the fan base was “thanks for the free-kick against Brentford but you were far too one-dimensional as a player to take us forward.” We did not let him go only because of financial concerns.

Sure, our budget is being reduced by a fair amount. What is not clear is how much are other clubs in this League reducing theirs.

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Dan Sparkes is a pretty bad example. At no stage did it appear that the club was desperate to retain him and the general reaction from the fan base was “thanks for the free-kick against Brentford but you were far too one-dimensional as a player to take us forward.” We did not let him go only because of financial concerns.

Sure, our budget is being reduced by a fair amount. What is not clear is how much are other clubs in this League reducing theirs.

Think you misunderstood me - assuming Sparkes was offered reduced terms for any reason (which he refused), he was then able to get a wage he was happy with at Maidenhead, who in all other situations you would expect to not be able to compete with us. So the wage we offered someone who would be a pretty valuable squad player in the reduced-quality shoestring squad that we are seemingly aiming to build was bettered by Maidenhead.

We only need to be better than 4 other teams in the division - can we be better than the other teams who have not made any significant additions to their squad so far (Aldershot, Torquay, Macclesfield etc)? I have significant doubts at the moment, but I am interested in who Beadle will bring in - will he under-rate the quality needed for survival?

BeeSting

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Until the first few signings come in, it’s only guess work on what to expect from the season. I will remain hopeful until we start bringing in isthmian level players.

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
We had a £650k budget when the shit hit the fan two seasons ago and had no backing whatsoever, I think your chairman is talking crap with the i’ll double it to £800k nonsense. The £800k is probably what your turnover is without him putting in, just stinks like he is doing you a favour. Your parachute money has dried up there’s your difference in budget cut, lovely chairman.

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
Think you misunderstood me - assuming Sparkes was offered reduced terms for any reason (which he refused), he was then able to get a wage he was happy with at Maidenhead, who in all other situations you would expect to not be able to compete with us. So the wage we offered someone who would be a pretty valuable squad player in the reduced-quality shoestring squad that we are seemingly aiming to build was bettered by Maidenhead.

We only need to be better than 4 other teams in the division - can we be better than the other teams who have not made any significant additions to their squad so far (Aldershot, Torquay, Macclesfield etc)? I have significant doubts at the moment, but I am interested in who Beadle will bring in - will he under-rate the quality needed for survival?

We only offered him a short term extension for the playoffs. I don't think he was offered another year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!