You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

2020/21 League Two Final Table Predictions

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I know you're upset because you're finishing bottom two and going out the league this season, but stop throwing your toys out the pram just because I called you out on your bizarre table.

Go and look at all the other predictions from the last 4 or 5 pages. Not one has us outside the top 8 other than yourself. That's not because we are FC Bayern, but because others here have a little bit of commons sense. You still haven't answered how you can place a team that's much stronger all over the pitch than last season 11 places lower? You can't, can you?

Back to Football Manager you go. Numpty.

It’s a prediction that I spent about 1 minute on, that’s why. There was no thought at all into it apart from a few of the teams I think will be near the top and where my own team will finish because funnily enough that’s the only team I give a fuck about.

I only even considered Port Vale’s position when you started menstruating about it.

I’m not going to go looking through 5 pages of predictions because I couldn’t give a fuck about where people place Port Vale. Sorry.

Valiant Tyler

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It’s a prediction that I spent about 1 minute on, that’s why. There was no thought at all into it apart from a few of the teams I think will be near the top and where my own team will finish because funnily enough that’s the only team I give a fuck about.

I only even considered Port Vale’s position when you started menstruating about it.

So why are you getting mad/upset because I asked how you can put us in 18th? You're basically admitting that it's completely random, which I knew it must have been. Had you just said that at the beginning I wouldn't have wasted either of our time replying so many times. I was genuinely intrigued how you had us in 18th place this season if it was genuine.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
So why are you getting mad/upset because I asked how you can put us in 18th? You're basically admitting that it's completely random, which I knew it must have been. Had you just said that at the beginning I wouldn't have wasted either of our time replying so many times.
Because you got so wound up about it, you seemed “mad/upset”, the fact you called me a helmet over a little prediction made me wonder, so I decided to join in the childish name calling.

Valiant Tyler

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Because you got so wound up about it, the fact you called me a helmet over a little prediction made me wonder, so I decided to join in the childish name calling.

Well anyone who would put us as low as 18th is an helmet. Because it's absolutely senseless. But the fact that you just chose a bunch of teams and placed them randomly, by your own admission, is different. But it took a bunch of posts for me to find that out.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Graham Coughlan was not to fault for last season though, it was John Dempster.

All we know about GC is he turned Bristol Rovers from a relegation L1 side to a play-off side, how that translate over to Mansfield is still yet to be determined.
That’s why I said last season’s Mansfield. Predicted that you’d make the play-offs this season. Due to Ifollow failings, didn’t get to see any of yesterday’s action, but those Rovers fans who did thought you were a bit one-dimensional directing most of your attacks through Cook.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Graham Coughlan was not to fault for last season though, it was John Dempster.

All we know about GC is he turned Bristol Rovers from a relegation L1 side to a play-off side, how that translate over to Mansfield is still yet to be determined.
When did Bristol Rovers make the play offs? Must have missed that.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
When did Bristol Rovers make the play offs? Must have missed that.

Like how you conveniently ‘missed’ what’s changed at Mansfield, reprobate :lol:

Many times over the years -- But I'm afraid not in GC's time.

I sympathise, I remember when Steve Evans left us in a play-offs position and we bottled it afterwards, tough to take.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Like how you conveniently ‘missed’ what’s changed at Mansfield, reprobate :lol:
Not at all. You said Coughlan took Rovers from a relegation spot to the play offs. Just saying he didn’t - they finished 10th.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
And this nugget of course :lol:

I know you're upset because you're finishing bottom two and going out the football league this season, but stop throwing your toys out the pram just because I called you out on your bizarre table.

Go and look at all the other predictions from the last 4 or 5 pages. Not one has us outside the top 8 other than yourself. That's not because we are FC Bayern, but because others here have a little bit of common sense. You still haven't answered how you can place a team that's much stronger all over the pitch than last season 11 places lower? You can't, can you?

Back to Football Manager you go. Numpty.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Port Vale could easily still go up tbf.

I have to admit when I see someone put us lower then I think we'll finish in a quick random prediction I get so angry I have to go and scream in the car otherwise I'll smash my house up and/or call people names on social media. So Valiant Tyler getting so triggered is understandable.....

Last edited:

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
We technically have a good enough squad to be promoted but with the amount of injuries we have had its effected us badly. We have had around 8 players missing most weeks. Also when you go on a bad run its hard to get out of it confidence drops massively.

Getting off to a good start helps build confidence. Cambridge had an awesome start 2 strikers mullin and ironside who in the past have been average are having wonder seasons and are very likely to be promoted despite me saying they would get relegated at the start of the season.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We technically have a good enough squad to be promoted but with the amount of injuries we have had its effected us badly. We have had around 8 players missing most weeks. Also when you go on a bad run its hard to get out of it confidence drops massively.

Getting off to a good start helps build confidence. Cambridge had an awesome start 2 strikers mullin and ironside who in the past have been average are having wonder seasons and are very likely to be promoted despite me saying they would get relegated at the start of the season.
It’s been a strange one, promotion form for 10 games, best defence in the league then just implosion after Kings Lynn and the Tranmere debacle.

Injuries and Covid have killed us though, it isn’t like we’ve had 7 or 8 out some of which are fringe it’s been key players, especially over Christmas and New Year when we had a bench of youth teamers and no Monty, Worrall, Conlon, Gibbons, Manny for example. They are massive players for us.

That said the back four even though we had the full backs out was pretty much the same that was the best back four in the league after 10 league games and that’s what’s cost us big time so not sure what has happened there.

Anything less than play offs is a huge failure this season and it looks extremely likely that we won’t be troubling them so an awful season all things considered.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
To be fair, we were all told that Carlisle were going to be made up of Sunday league duffers and children.

Reactions: Boz

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
To be fair, we were all told that Carlisle were going to be made up of Sunday league duffers and children.
yeah - i thing Carver, HG etc were trying to push the Carlisle price out so they could lump on them for promotion...

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
yeah - i thing Carver, HG etc were trying to push the Carlisle price out so they could lump on them for promotion...

I forgot about part-time Carlisle :lol::lol:

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Part time Carlisle my arse. Their team and bench looked pretty damn strong the other night, they put 3 quality strikers on when chasing the game.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
My FGR prediction looking like an absolute worldie.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
You obviously rate Whitehouse and Matt very highly from their time at Grimsby then, both absolutely key to our chances of going up I would say.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
You obviously rate Whitehouse and Matt very highly from their time at Grimsby then, both absolutely key to our chances of going up I would say.
Yep, we consistently bring in players and watch them perform below par for months, even seasons at a time knowing full well that once we release them they'll go on to excel at a divisional rival and that's exactly what's happened here.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd

It was HG who said we'd become part time and we would end up going down with a team made up of Sunday league players etc.

All I said was that we may struggle if we failed to beat Southend in our second league match, which we won thankfully and it was onwards and upwards from there.

HG goes on at me for being overly optimistic when we're top of the league, yet if we lose 1 random match and drop down to 3rd he becomes overly pessimistic and goes way overboard with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
claramax600