Easter Games

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
As always an important weekend at both ends of the table.

We travel to a Newport side in relatively decent form, our away form has been the best in the league this season so I’m confident we’ll get something. Stevenage and Carlisle have friendly looking matches at home so need to return home with 3 points.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Crawley for us. Not sure when we last beat them at their place. Mind is all foggy. If we have any hopes of the autos then we really need to be winning against the poor sides near the bottom, but we've struggled in that regard this season. Think we'll change that and beat these lot.

3-1 City.

Edit: Forgot about Sutton. 2-2 draw. Four points over East wouldn't be too bad IMO, though six would be lovely. Will Lee Angon be playing, Sutton fans?

Last edited:

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Tranmere (H)
Walsall (A)

While neither will be easy, these are 2 games that do look more favourable than the rest of our games and it presents an opportunity. We simply have to win both to keep our playoff hopes alive. There’s a chance we could get away with 4 points, but realistically it needs to be 6 as looking at our final 5 games I can only really make a case for us getting 1 to 3 points max from the 5 games.

We’ve already pissed away our top 3 chances with the recent poor run, and quite simply if we continue this barren toothless run of not scoring, our top 7 hopes will be gone come Monday evening. Big weekend.

Last edited:

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Crawley for us. Not sure when we last beat them at their place. Mind is all foggy. If we have any hopes of the autos then we really need to be winning against the poor sides near the bottom, but we've struggled in that regard this season. Think we'll change that and beat these lot.

3-1 City.

2014 last time we won at Crawley, funnily enough the same score as your prediction of 3-1 for Friday.

Reactions: Cas

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Looking forward to Grimsby, sell out crowd in all ends by the looks of things, should be a good atmosphere, I thought they looked okay in the reverse fixture but lacking any real firepower, if they got a 2nd in that game we were done, ended up chucking a 1-0 to lose.

Confidence is the highest it's been this season, Askey still unbeaten as manager, 5 draws and a win and we're playing some decent football, Saturday was probably the worst we've played under him and it was his first win.

I predicted a point here and I'd be happy with it but I feel like this is one of our winnable away games.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Donny H
Northampton A

I think pretty much any Gills fan you talk to would expect us to beat Donny and lose at the Cobblers as that would absolutely fit our form pattern over the last few months. Donny seem to have been in the pub since mid-February - bit weird as they must've been reasonably close to the play-offs when they decided to down tools? I think it's 7 wins in 8 at home for us and I'd hope that run would extend here.

Northampton I don't expect much from, we rarely do well at Sixfields as it is and I would gladly take a shitty 0-0 this moment if offered.

Salvador

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Looking at the fixtures and finding straws to grasp. Thinking 'We could actually win the next two, and Crawley & Hartlepool could lose. We could stay up.' Unhealthy delusions. I keep telling myself I'm done for the season just before we get the odd win or decent draw and I'm back watching again.

I actually reckon we'll get something this weekend, but so will Hartlepool and/or Crawley. Just further high lighting we're too far gone.

Walsall home - D of the dullest variety. 0-0.
Mansfield away - L. Probably another lose by 1 sitch after looking ok for about 45 mins then being sucker punched around 85mins.

Fully expect to be depressed come Friday 5PM and moreso Monday 5PM.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
2014 last time we won at Crawley, funnily enough the same score as your prediction of 3-1 for Friday.

Must be fate! Cook hat-trick to continue his ridiculous season.

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Salford away then Harrogate at home for us.

On paper I'd be happy with 3 points as we're so nearly there already, but that said I really don't want to be giving $alford any points, so I think 1-1 followed by 2-0.

Still buzzing from the win last Saturday to be honest, everyone else in the chase dropped points so basically a perfect weekend, league 1 here we come!

Reactions: Cas

AnotherStagsFan

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Swindon A
Rochdale H

Want 6 points, would take 4, will probably end up with 1

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
As mentioned above, Crawley (a) and Sutton (h) for us this Easter weekend.

I genuinely hate playing Crawley. One of those clubs who always seem to beat us. But it’s not just the result, it’s the mannerism of our performances - they’re always sub-standard.

We scraped a draw against them at VP this season, and from recollection, Crawley actually played reasonably well.

We reverted back to 4231 at the weekend and it was disjointed. The key reason why Cook’s scored 10 in 12 (or something stupid like that) is because we’ve generally gone with a 4312 formation - meaning he has support up top. This has to continue, with or without the injured Adam Clayton.

Derbyshire changed the whole dynamic of the game against Grimsby when he came on in the 60th minute. He was the driving force behind our comeback, so he has to start. If not, then Costelloe partners Cook.

GK: Harry Lewis

RB: Brad Halliday
CB: Matty Platt
CB: Sam Stubbs
LB: Liam Ridehalgh

CM: Ritchie Smallwood
CM: Alex Gilliead
CM: Emmanuel Osedebe

AM: Jamie Walker

ST: Matt Derbyshire
ST: Andy Cook

3-1 City (900+ City in attendance)

[I’ll revisit the thread before the Sutton game on Monday]

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Looking forward to Grimsby, sell out crowd in all ends by the looks of things, should be a good atmosphere, I thought they looked okay in the reverse fixture but lacking any real firepower, if they got a 2nd in that game we were done, ended up chucking a 1-0 to lose.

Confidence is the highest it's been this season, Askey still unbeaten as manager, 5 draws and a win and we're playing some decent football, Saturday was probably the worst we've played under him and it was his first win.

I predicted a point here and I'd be happy with it but I feel like this is one of our winnable away games.
Yep, huge game for you lot but one that's being dubbed 'The Josh Umerah Scouting Exhibition' on our side as we host our newly appointed feeder club.

You've summed us up perfectly in your opening paragraph. I've been expecting our lot to turn up in their speedos clutching pina coladas and trashy crime novels for the last four or five matches now but they seem to genuinely be wanting to keep the beach for the actual end of the season, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us giving you a decent game.

Could go either way this one, but I reckon it'll be a tight one.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Yep, huge game for you lot but one that's being dubbed 'The Josh Umerah Scouting Exhibition' on our side as we host our newly appointed feeder club.

You've summed us up perfectly in your opening paragraph. I've been expecting our lot to turn up in their speedos clutching pina coladas and trashy crime novels for the last four or five matches now but they seem to genuinely be wanting to keep the beach for the actual end of the season, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us giving you a decent game.

I think Umerah will go in the summer but it'll be another step up for him to League 1, we rebuffed a Burton bid on the last day of the window after they flogged their striker to Bolton and Charlton are/were supposedly interested, I couldn't see him going to Grimsby honestly, but I suppose you never saw Amond coming to us back then either. He's actually been poor recently, some suggest he's nursing an injury, think he has 1 goal in his last 10, stank the house down on Saturday but overall has been decent.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
We need six points here at Crewe and then at home to Crawley really if we want to maintain a slim chance of the playoffs. I'm going to the Crewe game and have yet to see us win away in the EFL so there's little chance of that. Hoping we can do a job for our relegation fighting Northern brothers (minus Harrogate) on Monday.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
As mentioned above, Crawley (a) and Sutton (h) for us this Easter weekend.

I genuinely hate playing Crawley. One of those clubs who always seem to beat us. But it’s not just the result, it’s the mannerism of our performances - they’re always sub-standard.

We scraped a draw against them at VP this season, and from recollection, Crawley actually played reasonably well.

We reverted back to 4231 at the weekend and it was disjointed. The key reason why Cook’s scored 10 in 12 (or something stupid like that) is because we’ve generally gone with a 4312 formation - meaning he has support up top. This has to continue, with or without the injured Adam Clayton.

Derbyshire changed the whole dynamic of the game against Grimsby when he came on in the 60th minute. He was the driving force behind our comeback, so he has to start. If not, then Costelloe partners Cook.

GK: Harry Lewis

RB: Brad Halliday
CB: Matty Platt
CB: Sam Stubbs
LB: Liam Ridehalgh

CM: Ritchie Smallwood
CM: Alex Gilliead
CM: Emmanuel Osedebe

AM: Jamie Walker

ST: Matt Derbyshire
ST: Andy Cook

3-1 City (900+ City in attendance)

[I’ll revisit the thread before the Sutton game on Monday]
I don't think we were disjointed tbh. Thought we played ok and aside from their two goals (which had nothing to do with the formation), we didn't give up a chance. Plus Osadebe isn't fit and Derbyshire isn't ready to start and tbh I think he's a better sub than starter anyway. Same team for me although I'd have Critchlow in over Ridehalgh who is absolutely shite.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
I don't think we were disjointed tbh. Thought we played ok and aside from their two goals (which had nothing to do with the formation), we didn't give up a chance. Plus Osadebe isn't fit and Derbyshire isn't ready to start and tbh I think he's a better sub than starter anyway. Same team for me although I'd have Critchlow in over Ridehalgh who is absolutely shite.

You’d go again with Harry Chapman on the left? Was like playing with ten men until he went off.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Nerdford away to begin with. Long day with no direct trains to Manchester.

I’ve pencilled this in as a loss, we will lose again at some point and we’ve never won there.

Wellens hinted we may not have a striker for this one with Kelman banned and Drinan likely injured again. Ruel Sotiriou will likely play there, but he’s better as a wide forward.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
Stockport at home on Friday and Bradford away on Monday.

If we want to keep the dying embers of our playoff hopes alive we’ll need a minimum of 4 points. Which I can’t see happening tbh. I wouldn’t be surprised with a pair of draws this weekend.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

Josh has done really well adapting to the efl, As Rocka says been off form for a while.
To me spends too much time wrestling with CBs, Some seem to like that.
I think hes missing a trick.
If he had the brain of Jennings he would easily command a Championship move.
Strong as an OX mind. Not certain to be playing Friday.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Nerdford away to begin with. Long day with no direct trains to Manchester.

I’ve pencilled this in as a loss, we will lose again at some point and we’ve never won there.

Wellens hinted we may not have a striker for this one with Kelman banned and Drinan likely injured again. Ruel Sotiriou will likely play there, but he’s better as a wide forward.

Can’t wait to play some tippy tippy nonsense on Salford’s ploughed field whilst they’re pressing high and lumping it to Matt Smith. 4-0.

Nervy 2-1 win over Harrogate on the Monday should see us reach a promotion-sealing points total.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Can’t wait to play some tippy tippy nonsense on Salford’s ploughed field whilst they’re pressing high and lumping it to Matt Smith. 4-0.

Nervy 2-1 win over Harrogate on the Monday should see us reach a promotion-sealing points total.
Salford definitley tried to play out on the Edgeley Carpet on Friday night to be fair. Never seen a team at this level take so little time over goal kicks by instantly passing it to centre backs. I don't think their pitch at their place does them any favours to be fair to them- the shit little bastards.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Josh has done really well adapting to the efl, As Rocka says been off form for a while.
To me spends too much time wrestling with CBs, Some seem to like that.
I think hes missing a trick.
If he had the brain of Jennings he would easily command a Championship move.
Strong as an OX mind. Not certain to be playing Friday.
Josh has been poor for a while now & Hamilton made a massive difference when he came on on Saturday.
I can see Josh dropping to the bench at Grimsby.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Josh has been poor for a while now & Hamilton made a massive difference when he came on on Saturday.
Trouble is with physical strikers is that after a while all the battering they get from defenders takes it toll and they become ineffective. We've seen it with Hawkins. Couple of games out the firing line and I'm sure he'd come back in and make a difference again.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
You’d go again with Harry Chapman on the left? Was like playing with ten men until he went off.
He wasn't great on Saturday but he's barely played any football in the last couple of months and deserves a run to get sharp again. Plus him and Banks are the only players we have who commit defenders 1v1 which we absolutely need to have in the side.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
He wasn't great on Saturday but he's barely played any football in the last couple of months and deserves a run to get sharp again. Plus him and Banks are the only players we have who commit defenders 1v1 which we absolutely need to have in the side.

There’s a reason why he’s barely played, he hasn’t been good enough.

Chapman’s had more opportunities than Dion Pereira and Thierry Nevers put together. Not sure why he gets preferential treatment over the others.

Moonie

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Over 10,000 tickets sold for Friday's game against Tranmere, likely to be 12k+ by 3PM. Really need to win this one to keep our automatic hopes alive. Looking at the fixture list, we could be clinging on to a playoff place if we lose, so time for the lads to rediscover their form.

Tranmere aren't in the best of form, so it's a big opportunity for us - but we tend to struggle against sides who haven't won for a while.

All to play for as it stands, but Friday could well be a game that defines our season. Win and it's on. Lose, and we're left fighting for the playoffs...

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I think it's a confidence thing with Josh at the minute, remember when he was sent clear on goal Saturday and inexplicably tried to square it for Jennings, you could see in his eyes from where I was (Cyril Knowles next to away end) he just didn't back himself. He's not getting as many shots away as he was but Hamilton is not a starter for me. He's good in the air but that's about it. Generally outside the 1st XI Askey likes, there's not much up to standard.

Confident of a result on Friday, we normally do alright v Grimsby. Let's see though, not an easy game. Hope Holohan pulls in a massive stinker.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I think it's a confidence thing with Josh at the minute, remember when he was sent clear on goal Saturday and inexplicably tried to square it for Jennings, you could see in his eyes from where I was (Cyril Knowles next to away end) he just didn't back himself. He's not getting as many shots away as he was but Hamilton is not a starter for me. He's good in the air but that's about it. Generally outside the 1st XI Askey likes, there's not much up to standard.

Confident of a result on Friday, we normally do alright v Grimsby. Let's see though, not an easy game. Hope Holohan pulls in a massive stinker.

I thought Hamilton made a good impact when he came on but I'd still be starting Umerah every week for the rest of the season, even with his recent lack of goals, he's just more of an all round threat.

Wonder if Askey is just gonna keep playing McDonald as a 70th minute sub against tired legs, could argue he deserves a start in a 433.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I thought Hamilton made a good impact when he came on but I'd still be starting Umerah every week for the rest of the season, even with his recent lack of goals, he's just more of an all round threat.

Wonder if Askey is just gonna keep playing McDonald as a 70th minute sub against tired legs, could argue he deserves a start in a 433.
He does deserve a start but I worry about us in a back 4, a draw wouldn't be an awful result there so I'd just keep doing what we have been.

Ainsty

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate
Wimbledon are very beatable, hope to get 3 pts at home on Good Friday. Then it's the long trip down the A1 to watch Town lose to Orient, or the outside chance of grinding out a draw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!